Sign in to follow this  
Dutch13

Trump's batsh*t crazy coronavirus 'cure' theories

Rate this topic

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I stopped reading at "Du".

I did when I saw "Piers Morgan".

scotsman

You have done what many here have done - read a soundbite or media interpretation of what was said or done and run with it instead of actually reviewing the source. I watched the full segment of this question and answer session, and Trump never made any such recommendations or suggestions. He was talking about what one of the department heads had just reported about the findings as to the effect of sunlight and temperature on the virus, and he was asking questions of the guy (in responding to another question) in these statements saying, "hey, can we look into this, and could we see if that would work?" the who disinfectant thing was him asking the guy if there was any research or way to look into seeing if something similar to cleaning a hard surface with these disinfectants that work in minutes could be done inside the body or under the skin (the expert said the government does not do that research so basically put the kabosh on it in the same interview). He never suggested we do this, he was asking the expert if we could research or look into whether this could be done. Its the media that then runs with this and says "Trump recommends" to make him look like an idiot, and then people like yourself that run with the headlines thinking its true.

So Piers Morgan basically read what another reporter said Trump said and then ran with calling Trump an idiot for suggesting this, when in reality, if you watch the whole segment, Trump never once suggested this was in fact a remedy or cure, but instead was himself asking if something like that would work (noting several times in his statements he was not a doctor and everyone should talk to their own doctors before doing ANYTHING).

edit to add - looks like a bunch pf people here beat me to the same idea. I am just getting slow in my old age

You DO realise some of us here watched the ENTIRE press conference?. I know it suits your argument to suggest we all watched snippets. I didn't, I watched the whole thing and thought Trump lost the plot and his suggestions are at best questionable and at worst ludicrous.

There seems to be a need at RN and on the right to defend everything he says, no mater how questionable. I know the Democrats are arseholes, but that does not mean you shouldn't be honest and say 'no, my president is wrong here'.

I have only seen a couple of clips on twitter, so I don't have the full context. Piers Morgan is a big supporter of Donald Trump, so he is usually pretty supportive (when Trump isn't doing something like this).

Piers Morgan has been fanatical about shutting the world down to prevent deaths from Covid-19......and he has pulled no punches to anyone.

:biglaugh:

You're TDS has led you (and a couple of others) to the depths of inanity. Reality is the Sgt. Hulka to your William Francis. I know what PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump said. I also know not to take him literally because he uses generalizations and hyperbole. As an added bonus, I think clearly. Whereas some people choke in their own fog.

What I have to say on a number of current events is lengthy and complex. I try to be succinct. I see posts and exchanges that go on for several pages over dozens of paragraphs. Not my style. Some things are difficult to ignore but worth a guffaw not an exhaustive response.

:exactly:

USNRETWIFE
Posted (edited)

My husband and I watch every one of Trump's press conferences every day, and we have gotten really good at noting what BS lies and word twists we will read by the propaganda arm of the democrat party, aka the MSM, and how idiots will run with them. A few posters on this thread prove what we say every day.

Oh, and scotsman, no, I do not feel "a need ... to defend everything he says, no matter how questionable". I also do not feel a need to take seriously ridiculous crap that gets twisted by the msm or gullible people.

Edited by USNRETWIFE

Piers Morgan really, isn't he in trouble with British authorities? TDS sufferers will swallow anything.

Anyone who says that Piers Morgan is a Trump supporter is an idiot.

The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority.

Just like folks do with Ladybug, you have assigned Piers Morgan's thoughts as mine. I didn't write the piece, just like Ladybug didn't write any story that she posted. If you disagree with the article, then explain why you disagree with the Trump supporter that wrote it, Piers Morgan. Don't make the story about Dutch13 and your preconceived notion of TDS.

When the left can't argue a point, they scream racism. When folks that support Trump can't argue a point, they scream TDS.

I posted it because no one else had. I clearly said that I have not seen the full "briefing"....I only saw a couple of his quotes in news clippings. That is how 85% of Americans get their news.....in soundbytes. The majority of America thinks that President Trump said to drink or inject Lysol.......and he has no one to blame but himself. He knows how his words will be reported.

Hopefully, in the future he will have his brainstorming sessions behind closed doors, away from the cameras, and simply stick to briefing the American people on the facts that he knows.

:biglaugh: :nuts:

Here's the problem right here. You and the others want him to sit down and take his beatings. He on the other hand speaks in terms American's understand. I for one after hearing that understood it to mean there are people with degrees doing various things to kill this virus. Not all of them are taking some sort of shot. Some are methods of breathing, or UV lighting etc. There are many ways to get to the bottom of the problem.

This is TDS. You want to see him fail. Get over yourself.

:yeahthat: :exactly:

If you're forming opinions from sound bytes that the corrupt MSM is spewing, you're doing yourself and others harm, Dutch.

You already know they are trying their best to spread false narratives - so why would you take anything they say at face value?

If you're not going to bother to investigate for yourself and you're just going to rely on the MSM to tell you what to think, that's your prerogative.

I don't think it's a smart thing to do, but hey, it's your life.

:yeahthat:

A sucker with TDS believes anything negative said about Trump. He admits that he believes them and did not even watch Trump's briefing.

That's about as gullible as it gets!

Severian

Ever hear of chelation therapy? In it chemicals are injected into the bloodstream to eliminate "impurities." It is a real, useful therapy, but only for heavy metal poisoning and then only under strict medical supervision, as it has significant risks. Unfortunately, it got adopted by the "alternative medicine" crowd and abused for years, said to be able to cure everything from halitosis to hangnails so to speak. But the idea of injecting things into the blood to cleanse it is not unusual, and I'm betting the elite media and their elite idiot friends have been as supportive of this in the past as they are now of aromatherapy oils and chakra stones.

ThePatriot

I posted an article that millions of people have read about a topic that millions(maybe closer to billions) more have heard in soundbytes. I didn't form an opinion based on the news reports, but ingesting or injecting clorox is (or was) the #1 trending topic in the world based on the President's press briefing.

I know the President says stupid things out loud. I know that millions of people will ignore it because they support him regardless of what he says or does. When it is about "famous people" people able to molest women because they are famous, it doesn't affect anybody except the ones around that famous person.

When it is about a topic that billions of people are terrified about right now, maybe it isn't such a great idea to brainstorm during a "press briefing" . We already know that someone died after listening to the President's press briefing and taking a toxic substance. Yes, people are stupid and they do stupid stuff........but the President does himself no favors when he talks about topics of which he knows very little.

Now, I appreciate your patronizing me as if I was going to believe the stories at face value, but I don't have two hours to devote to the President every night......and I bet 95% of voting Americans don't either. So, when the majority of American's believe that he said to think about consuming Clorox, don't blame me.

So you don't believe the story you posted? You don't believe he told anyone to ingest Lysol? But you actually believe the woman who said she and her husband drank fishtank cleaner and that he died because he consumed more than her, even though neither of them were infected with the virus?

You're just concerned for Trump and want him to be more careful with is word choice?

Or you just want to use this moronic story to express your displeasure with Trump?

Whatever it is, Dutch, it's all yours buddy.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

I posted an article that millions of people have read about a topic that millions(maybe closer to billions) more have heard in soundbytes. I didn't form an opinion based on the news reports, but ingesting or injecting clorox is (or was) the #1 trending topic in the world based on the President's press briefing.

I know the President says stupid things out loud. I know that millions of people will ignore it because they support him regardless of what he says or does. When it is about "famous people" people able to molest women because they are famous, it doesn't affect anybody except the ones around that famous person.

When it is about a topic that billions of people are terrified about right now, maybe it isn't such a great idea to brainstorm during a "press briefing" . We already know that someone died after listening to the President's press briefing and taking a toxic substance. Yes, people are stupid and they do stupid stuff........but the President does himself no favors when he talks about topics of which he knows very little.

Now, I appreciate your patronizing me as if I was going to believe the stories at face value, but I don't have two hours to devote to the President every night......and I bet 95% of voting Americans don't either. So, when the majority of American's believe that he said to think about consuming Clorox, don't blame me.

President Trump sure isn't the only one saying stupid things out loud? :lol:

Weaseljd

Let me repeat the first sentence again. The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority. I didn't "run" with anything. I posted an article about the #1 trending topic in the world.

He has professionals that can talk about this. He has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he isn't good at brainstorming medical topics on the fly. We all know that Trump could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and he isn't going to lose many votes from rightnation participants, but my goodness, I post an article and I am deranged and I fell for the media's manipulative ways.

President Trump has been a great President. His actions are noteworthy. His statements since this Covid 19 situation began have been horrendous. Some of his decisions since this all began have been good and some have been poor. This was a poor decision to decide to brainstorm on the fly.

And let me repeat myself - he did not come close to saying what the media reported he said, so he did not open himself up to anything until the media did what it always does which is take what he said out of context, report it incorrectly, so people like yourself who just read the soundbites run with the mischaracterization (or outright lie) by the media.

And don't act all innocent here like "gee golly, all I did was post an article and I get attacked". The post and following comment was not a commentary on how the media was once again being manipulative in trying to attack the president (which is what happened in this case), but instead was to point out "gee, ain't Trump dumb".

My husband and I watch every one of Trump's press conferences every day, and we have gotten really good at noting what BS lies and word twists we will read by the propaganda arm of the democrat party, aka the MSM, and how idiots will run with them. A few posters on this thread prove what we say every day.

Oh, and scotsman, no, I do not feel "a need ... to defend everything he says, no matter how questionable". I also do not feel a need to take seriously ridiculous crap that gets twisted by the msm or gullible people.

Ladybird

Do you honestly believe that Trump is suggesting to ingest or shoot household disinfectants in there bodies? Do you believe the reporters saying this are correct in their assesment? Or do you believe the that due to their dislike of him, they're twisting what he said?

I think the company is doing a CYA because the public is unpredictable, and the presidents remarks a jumbled mess.

Weaseljd
Posted (edited)

You DO realise some of us here watched the ENTIRE press conference?. I know it suits your argument to suggest we all watched snippets. I didn't, I watched the whole thing and thought Trump lost the plot and his suggestions are at best questionable and at worst ludicrous.

There seems to be a need at RN and on the right to defend everything he says, no mater how questionable. I know the Democrats are arseholes, but that does not mean you shouldn't be honest and say 'no, my president is wrong here'.

I watched most of it, and saw the entire section where this came up. He may have been inarticulate, but in no way did I ever interpret what he was saying as being a recommendation since almost all his comments were, like in Jeopardy, phrased in the form of a question to the experts.

And yes, many of his questions to the experts are dumb if not ludicrous. But then again, sometimes dumb things work, so maybe him asking the dumb questions (or coming up with dumb ideas) might just lead to something. But I don't in this case think what he said was "wrong here", as he never made a recommendation of any kind. He was asking the experts "can this work" or "can we look into this" to see if it works. BIG difference.

Edited by Weaseljd

Dutch13
<br />And let me repeat myself - he did not come close to saying what the media reported he said, so he did not open himself up to anything until the media did what it always does which is take what he said out of context, report it incorrectly, so people like yourself who just read the soundbites run with the mischaracterization (or outright lie) by the media.

And don't act all innocent here like gee golly, all I did was post an article and I get attacked.  The post and following comment was not a commentary on how the media was once again being manipulative in trying to attack the president (which is what happened in this case), but instead was to point ou gee, ain't Trump dumb

Did he say: " And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning."

What does he think is going to happen when you ask a question like on national television? Does he think he is going to be quoted accurately. He spends about 1/4 of his time attacking a media that hates him. I applaud him for his efforts in trying to get the media to report factually.......but has anyone ever heard the phrase "Never argue with someone that buys ink by the barrel".

Yes, we can all agree that the media GLEEFULLY took him out of context. He never suggested that anyone drink Clorox. He absolutely asked whether a disinfectant could be injected into the body.

It is hilarious to see the same group of political supporters that gleefully repeat that Joe Biden molests children defend Trump over his questioning of whether we can inject a disinfectant into the body.

Dutch13
Posted (edited)
And yes, many of his questions to the experts are dumb if not ludicrous.  But then again, sometimes dumb things work, so maybe him asking the dumb questions (or coming up with dumb ideas) might just lead to something.  But I don't in this case think what he said was "wrong here", as he never made a recommendation of any kind.  He was asking the experts "can this work" or "can we look into this" to see if it works.  BIG difference.

THIS is the entire problem.  

Absolutely ask those questions of the experts........BEHIND CLOSED DOORS  Maybe it is so out of the mainstream that no one was willing to think of it.  Maybe it is retarded.  You don't know until ask and debate it.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ask a question that you don't already know the answer to in front of the world.  If you have seen the movie My Fellow Americans, that question in that press briefing was reminiscent of a question that John Heard's character would have asked. He asked a dumb question and his friends in the press ran with it.

Edited by Dutch13

Wag-a-Muffin (D)
Posted (edited)

Don’t Believe the Blue Checks: Here’s the Context to Trump’s Comments About UV Light and “Injecting” Disinfectant

Twitter blue checks were high on their own supply after President Donald Trump made mention of a few solutions that have been killing the COVID-19 virus. If you play the clip by itself, it does seem like something completely wacky to say.

“So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn’t been checked because of the testing,” Trump said. “And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too.”

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

However, as journalists today have a bad habit of doing, they reported on the 56 second soundbyte without giving you the whole story.

At the very same press briefing where Trump made those comments, before Trump even got up, Under Secretary for Science at Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, Bill Bryan, noted various observations about how the virus reacts to certain things including UV light and various chemicals.

Here are Bryan’s comments provided by the transcript from Rev.com:

. . . click on link to read article.

Edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Ticked@TinselTown

Do you honestly believe that Trump is suggesting to ingest or shoot household disinfectants in there bodies? Do you believe the reporters saying this are correct in their assesment? Or do you believe the that due to their dislike of him, they're twisting what he said?

It's the gleeful opportunity to twist words to fit the agenda to make President Trump looked bad in any way possible, and then, with that wide eyed innocent shtick claim that they're just quoting him.

It's a steaming pile of bullschidt and it's gotten quite old.

Anyone with two functioning brain cells and a dose of common sense can get what is being said, but there are those who make it their mission to look for and seize on anything that can be more fodder for the OrangeManBad machine.

Ticked@TinselTown

When were you appointed guest lecturer?

You like to come in here and swing that big brush of yours around and manage to miss a lot in the process.

Taggart Transcontinental

Wouldn't it be more constructive to ask why the Chinese allowed flights out of their country for DAYS, allowing the virus to spread all over the world, after they knew the virus was loose in their own country?! This typical Leftist whine about what Trump allegedly said is just more of the same old political gamesmanship...

No Not days, the first case hit the US in September. That means the Chinese were dealing with this in August. They sat on it for 5 months.

Big Dave

(mentioned in other thread)

The makers of Lysol have issued a warning that “under no circumstance” should its products be administered into the human body or be used as a treatment for coronavirus.

https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/april/improper-use-of-disinfectants/

And he made no such claims. If you listen to the whole news conference, there was earlier discussion about UV therapies both inside and outside presented by one of the doctors in the briefing. The DHS person mentioned testing bleach and disinfectants in saliva to kill the virus. An inarticulate comment, yes, but he was referring to information that had been presented. I understand that UV emitting bodies are injected into the body for certain kinds of blood infections, and hydrogen peroxide is used in some chemotherapies. The bags they hang when people get chemotherapy have the skull and crossbones, so they inject poison in humans to cure some things.

Taggart Transcontinental

Let me repeat the first sentence again. The President didn't tell people to drink Lysol or Clorox, but you do understand that he opens himself up for this by trying to explain complex medical treatments using his extremely poor understanding of it and his inability to consider how he comes across as a figure of authority. I didn't "run" with anything. I posted an article about the #1 trending topic in the world.

He has professionals that can talk about this. He has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he isn't good at brainstorming medical topics on the fly. We all know that Trump could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and he isn't going to lose many votes from rightnation participants, but my goodness, I post an article and I am deranged and I fell for the media's manipulative ways.

President Trump has been a great President. His actions are noteworthy. His statements since this Covid 19 situation began have been horrendous. Some of his decisions since this all began have been good and some have been poor. This was a poor decision to decide to brainstorm on the fly.

Get over it dude. DO you realize that if Trump said Good morning then he would open himself to criticism that he favors morning over evening. If he announced a cure for all cancers the media would say he's destroying the economy and the medical community. If he said that we are declaring peace with North Korea, that Trump Surrendered to the hermit kingdom. Trump breathing is an opening for criticism. You are sensitive to it. I don't give a damn. That's the difference.

Just move on.

Ladybird

Thank you.

I understand the president has in the past been taken out of context (all presidents have) and this one in particular has had some unfair media coverage, so I make it point to watch or read remarks like these in there entirety.

Like I said before, he should leave his medical and scientific experts to do the talking on these matters and stick to the things he knows, to convey confidence and credibility to the public..