Sign in to follow this  
Dutch13

Trump's batsh*t crazy coronavirus 'cure' theories

Rate this topic

mjperry51

Why doesn't Trump stick with subjects he knows about,

Practice what you preach. . .

mjperry51

I watched most of it, and saw the entire section where this came up. He may have been inarticulate, but in no way did I ever interpret what he was saying as being a recommendation since almost all his comments were, like in Jeopardy, phrased in the form of a question to the experts.

Re; Bolded -

That's because you view the contents with a filter of common sense, . . . .

Dutch13
Twitter blue checks were high on their own supply after President Donald Trump made mention of a few solutions that have been killing the COVID-19 virus. If you play the clip by itself, it does seem like something completely wacky to say.

“So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn’t been checked because of the testing,” Trump said. “And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too.”

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

A couple of thoughts:

1) The article you linked to talks about ultraviolet blood irridation. That is for dealing with virus or bacteria in the bloodstream. How does that impact what is going on in the lungs?

2) Under Secretary for Science at Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, Bill Bryan, noted various observations about how the virus reacts to certain things including UV light and various chemicals. Unless I am mistaken (and there is a better than average chance that I am), he is talking about how those toxic chemicals kill it outside of the human body. I am sure they would kill it inside the human body as well as the President hypothesized, but as President said, the cure can't be worse than the problem.

Dutch13
And you know damned well what your next complaint would be.  Trump isn't open and honest with the public!  Trump is scheming behind closed doors!  

BS.....I rarely even post here any more. I have said for years I was wrong about Trump in 2016 and that I intend to vote for Trump.........but if I criticize Trump at all, then it is just ole Dutch and his TDS.

The President creates his own problems by NEVER SHUTTING UP. Not that he takes advice from anybody, but talk about what you understand and leave the medical opinions to those that know a bit more.

Dutch13
DO you realize that if Trump said Good morning then he would open himself to criticism that he favors morning over evening.

Do you realize that if Joe Biden had suggested that we look at injecting disinfectant into the body that everybody defending Trump would be attacking Joe Biden and everybody attacking Donald Trump would be defending Joe Biden?

MontyPython

Did he say: " And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning."

What does he think is going to happen when you ask a question like on national television? Does he think he is going to be quoted accurately. He spends about 1/4 of his time attacking a media that hates him. I applaud him for his efforts in trying to get the media to report factually.......but has anyone ever heard the phrase "Never argue with someone that buys ink by the barrel".

Yes, we can all agree that the media GLEEFULLY took him out of context. He never suggested that anyone drink Clorox. He absolutely asked whether a disinfectant could be injected into the body.

It is hilarious to see the same group of political supporters that gleefully repeat that Joe Biden molests children defend Trump over his questioning of whether we can inject a disinfectant into the body.

I realize I'm by no means the "first" to point this out, but it bears repeating: Your own post PROVES he did nothing wrong. He merely asked questions, and those questions were merely in reference to things a speaker before him had already mentioned anyway.

Yes, you're entitled to your (baffling) opinion that (for some inexplicable reason) Trump "shouldn't" ask questions in public. That makes absolutely no sense to me but hey, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The fact remains that all honest people know what happened here: The people who hate Trump have done what they always do: They have deliberately twisted & misrepresented what he said in a deliberate and characteristically dishonest attempt to make him look bad.

Only idiots are falling for it.

<_<

Dutch13
And he made no such claims. If you listen to the whole news conference, there was earlier discussion about UV therapies both inside and outside presented by one of the doctors in the briefing. The DHS person mentioned testing bleach and disinfectants in saliva to kill the virus. An inarticulate comment, yes, but he was referring to information that had been presented. I understand that UV emitting bodies are injected into the body for certain kinds of blood infections, and hydrogen peroxide is used in some chemotherapies. The bags they hang when people get chemotherapy have the skull and crossbones, so they inject  poison in humans to cure some things.

I appreciate this response, even though it wasn't too me. It was a rational, reasoned, and well thought response to the situation at hand.

gravelrash

Dutch, my "preconceived notion of TDS" has its foundation in your postings going back to when PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE Donald J. Trump rode down the escalator.

He knows how his words will be reported.

Yes, Trump knows. Which is why he is openly critical of media bias and focuses on the positive.

Hopefully, in the future he will have his brainstorming sessions behind closed doors, away from the cameras, and simply stick to briefing the American people on the facts that he knows.

Have to disagree. Again, PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's message is optimism and options. Here's what works. Here's what doesn't. Anyone else come up with anything? That is a leader who is engaged not despotic. Trump's desire for recovery is far more uplifting than the lead-from-behinder's proclamation of a "new normal" and "those jobs are never coming back".

Trump states many facts that he has learned from experts. He throws in his own brand of gamesmanship and braggadocio. Doesn't mean that he is wrong or lying with every syllable. He leaves that for the audience not the critics to decide.

Tikk

A couple of thoughts:

1) The article you linked to talks about ultraviolet blood irridation. That is for dealing with virus or bacteria in the bloodstream. How does that impact what is going on in the lungs?

For someone who is criticizing the President for talking about things in which he has no expertise, this question is absolutely hilarious.

2) Under Secretary for Science at Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, Bill Bryan, noted various observations about how the virus reacts to certain things including UV light and various chemicals. Unless I am mistaken (and there is a better than average chance that I am), he is talking about how those toxic chemicals kill it outside of the human body. I am sure they would kill it inside the human body as well as the President hypothesized, but as President said, the cure can't be worse than the problem.

Yes. These experiments were probably conducted in vitro. And what the President has suggested is impractical. But so is injecting people with a disease to develop a resistance to it. It's how vaccination came about.

But that isn't what this is about, is it? It's about making the President look bad.

All these criticisms are crystal clear when viewed through that prism.

firecoco

My husband and I watch every one of Trump's press conferences every day, and we have gotten really good at noting what BS lies and word twists we will read by the propaganda arm of the democrat party, aka the MSM, and how idiots will run with them. A few posters on this thread prove what we say every day.

Oh, and scotsman, no, I do not feel "a need ... to defend everything he says, no matter how questionable". I also do not feel a need to take seriously ridiculous crap that gets twisted by the msm or gullible people.

This^^^^

Dean Adam Smithee

This wasn't "Batsh!t crazy". It SEEMED liked a good bet at the time but didn't pan out. It happens. And then we move on.

Magic Rat

BS.....I rarely even post here any more. I have said for years I was wrong about Trump in 2016 and that I intend to vote for Trump.........but if I criticize Trump at all, then it is just ole Dutch and his TDS.

The President creates his own problems by NEVER SHUTTING UP. Not that he takes advice from anybody, but talk about what you understand and leave the medical opinions to those that know a bit more.

Yeah! The president should SHUT UP during press conferences! Preach it brother!

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)

Do you realize that if Joe Biden had suggested that we look at injecting disinfectant into the body that everybody defending Trump would be attacking Joe Biden and everybody attacking Donald Trump would be defending Joe Biden?

The mind-reading-if-it-was argument is the Randy Johnson slider of arguments! Keep going pal! You got 'em right where you want 'em!

Edited by Magic Rat

firecoco

I don’t think Trump used the word “ injecting “ ...That’s just being thrown in there because it makes it look worse

Dutch13
I don't think Trump used the word " injecting " ...That's just being thrown in there because it makes it look worse

Based off the responses, I am deranged for wanting him to ask those questions behind closed doors....but this is the part of the statement where he said "injection"

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Weaseljd

Based off the responses, I am deranged for wanting him to ask those questions behind closed doors....but this is the part of the statement where he said "injection"

So is your suggestion that when he gets a question from a reporter that raises these thoughts in his head he should a. write it down on a list with a "ill get back to you" to the reporter, or 2. take an immediate break so he can go out of the room with the expert to ask him these questions first before responding, or 3. ignore the question.

Any of the three above would get him blasted as much or more by the media than his off the cuff on the record questions he asks of the expert standing just a few feet away from him like these, dontcha think?

MontyPython

I don't think "deranged" is the right term. Yes I know, lots of posters here accuse you of Trump Derangement Syndrome [TDS], and sometimes you do display certain tendencies in that direction. And of course I can only speak for myself. But just for the record I repeat: I don't think "deranged" is applicable to you, the way it so accurately describes others like Ladybird (and Certain_OthersToo who can't be named because they haven't posted in this thread yet.)

I've seen you defend Trump and I've seen you explain that you're planning to vote for him in November and so forth, and therefore I wouldn't call it "derangement". But I still just plain can't grasp why you object to him asking perfectly relevant questions of experts who are right there, after being asked a question in a public setting.

:scratch:

firecoco

Yes he said that...But not the Lysol part

Dutch13
Posted (edited)
I realize I'm by no means the first to point this out, but it bears repeating: Your own post PROVES he did nothing wrong. He merely asked questions, and those questions were merely in reference to things a speaker before him had already mentioned anyway.  Yes, you're entitled to your (baffling) opinion that (for some inexplicable reason) Trump shouldn't ask questions in public. That makes absolutely no sense to me but hey, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The fact remains that all honest people know what happened here: The people who hate Trump have done what they always do: They have deliberately twisted & misrepresented what he said in a deliberate and characteristically dishonest attempt to make him look bad.Only idiots are falling for it.

Unfortunately, idiots get to vote too.

No, you are right.  He did nothing wrong.  Stupid, yes.....but nothing wrong.

Updated today, he was being sarcastic.

Edited by Dutch13

Kilmerfan

I did when I saw "Piers Morgan".

Me too

Dutch13
Posted (edited)
Yes he said that...But not the Lysol part
I think he went with a generic term like disinfectant so he wouldn't be accused of trying to give free advertising for a company that he owns stock in....thus profiting from it. Edited by Dutch13

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, idiots get to vote too.

No, you are right. He did nothing wrong. Stupid, yes.....but nothing wrong.

And hey, you got me. You treated me like the media treats Trump: You misquoted me. Gosh, now that I have walked .00000000001 miles in Trump's shoes.....I am totally ok with him asking questions HE DOESN'T KNOW THE ANSWERS TO in public.

Good news, though......President Trump was just being sarcastic when he asked that question about ways to fight this virus that has killed 50,0000+ Americans.

Huh? I quoted your post word-for-word. In what conceivable fashion did I "misquote" you???

And edited to add: Why would he ask a question he already knew the answer to?

:scratch:

Edited by MontyPython

Dutch13
So is your suggestion that when he gets a question from a reporter that raises these thoughts in his head he should a. write it down on a list with a "ill get back to you" to the reporter, or 2. take an immediate break so he can go out of the room with the expert to ask him these questions first before responding, or 3. ignore the question.

Any of the three above would get him blasted as much or more by the media than his off the cuff on the record questions he asks of the expert standing just a few feet away from him like these, dontcha think?

Well, since we now know that he was only being sarcastic to reporters........it is all good. He wasn't ACTUALLY suggesting this......he was just being sarcastic about potential cures for a pandemic that has killed 50,000+ Americans in the past two months.

ThePatriot

Well, since we now know that he was only being sarcastic to reporters........it is all good. He wasn't ACTUALLY suggesting this......he was just being sarcastic about potential cures for a pandemic that has killed 50,000+ Americans in the past two months.

I'm surprised you weren't this vocal a couple of years ago when the flu killed 80,000+ Americans.

You know, as does everyone else, he wasn't suggesting injecting a disinfectant like bleach into the human body.

It seemed to me he was asking if there is something as effective and that would work as quickly that could be injected into the human body.

But instead of going with the obvious, you slam him for saying something that can be twisted in an effort to make him look stupid.

That's on you, friend.

Dutch13
Huh? I quoted your post word-for-word. In what conceivable fashion did I misquote you???

Yes, you quoted my post word for word.....but you also claimed that I said Trump should never ask questions in public.

Yes, you're entitled to your (baffling) opinion that (for some inexplicable reason) Trump shouldn't ask questions in public.

And edited to add: Why would he ask a question he already knew the answer to?

I don't know. I can't conceive of any reason that you might ask a professional a question at a PRESS BRIEFING about a virus killing Americans without a little foresight as to what the answer might be. I wonder if lawyers ever go into court and ask the witnesses questions they don't already know the answer too.