To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Trump’s idea for “disinfecting” people is already being done

Rate this topic

Alexis

Some people, like Trump, think out loud. Some people, like you, sit on the edge of your seat watching and waiting for him to say something you can attack him with. We all get it, you partisan hacks live the most boring lives on the planet...

Trump was throwing out ideas and inquiring, like a layperson.

Oathtaker
Posted (edited)

The author didn't read the article he quoted very well:

From the link in the article:

It is:

1) Not an "injection" of a disinfectant. It's someone's blood being disinfected and returned back to them.

2) Has nothing to do with the lungs.

Is it plausible that Trump was thinking of this? Maybe in a very mangled way before he switched gears and started talking about something else related to lungs. Is it clear and "straightforward"? Not even close.

What he said was at best nonsensical.

In case you didn’t know, which you didn’t, here is the experimental UV treatment for the lungs:

https://aytubio.com/healight/

In case you didn’t know, which again, you didn’t, Hydrogen Peroxide is a disinfectant:

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Hydrogen-peroxide

And yes, it has been used intravenously.

You cannot find anywhere in what President Trump stated that people should self medicate or inject anything. If you are dumb enough to do stuff like injecting bleach or Lysol into your body then perhaps you shouldn’t own any type of device that connects to mass media. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you.

By the way, what’s the deal with Fredo and wife-of-Fredo telling people to bathe in bleach? I don’t speak dumb-ass so I’m hoping you or someone you know can enlighten me.

Edited by Oathtaker

Ladybird
Posted (edited)

Some people, like Trump, think out loud. Some people, like you, sit on the edge of your seat watching and waiting for him to say something you can attack him with. We all get it, you partisan hacks live the most boring lives on the planet...

And the daily briefing, where facts about the pandemic are being presented to the country (and the world) is a good time?

There's a reason Americans trust Dr. Fauci and their state governors at a higher rate than they do the president. These polls were taken before Trumps latest stream-of-consciousness questioning in front of the cameras

Edited by Ladybird

zurg

And the daily briefing, where facts about the pandemic are being presented to the country (and the world) is a good time?

There's a reason Americans trust Dr. Fauci and their state governors at a higher rate than they do the president. These polls were taken before Trumps latest stream-of-consciousness questioning in front of the cameras

Of course you distrust Trump because you hate him. That’s not a hard equation to solve.

I happen to like people who think out loud and say “stupid” things. It’s a sign of courage, and it often leads someone ELSE to think about something different and leads to an idea. This is very typical in all companies, and is encouraged.

I think this is much less the president trying to be an inventor and trying to boast that he can come up with something scientific, and is much more about encouraging medical experts to think broadly. I wish Trump had said that.

I respect Fauci and Birx, and they’re the right people to drive this strict protocol forward, but they’re NOT the innovative ones. I don’t fault the president AT ALL for throwing out off the cuff remarks like this. If you misinterpret them grossly, that’s YOUR problem.

mliff1

Trump was throwing out ideas and inquiring, like a layperson.

I work for an engineering firm and we do this from time to time. It's a straw man theory and no one is wrong. You put an idea out there and people start spitballing against that idea. Sometimes, a person will say something, it triggers a similar idea that is better and then you come up with a solution. I also do it in my mind when working on a woodworking project or something. I presumed everybody does this!

Averes39

My links prove wrong the point that you and the insane media are peddling (and Timothy is very very close to implying).

1) H2O2 is actually injectable

2) Trump didn’t say to inject Drano or Chlorox or Lysol

The way Trump made his statement was a bit confusing and probably shouldn’t have been made. But y’all jumped on it like flies to sh!t. And for ONLY one reason. Your singular goal is to make Trump look bad, no matter what. You’d sacrifice your mom to covid19 for one steamy anti-Trump headline.

LOL. Yes, H2O2 is injectable. Anything is injectable. But is it safe?

Not according to another 2004 NCBI article (the same site you linked to): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15298493

In fact, it can even be criminal: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-prescription-for-death/

A Prescription For Death?

Did Alternative Treatment Lead To Patient's Death?

Dr. James Shortt calls himself a "longevity physician." He promises to help his patients live better in the hopes they'll live longer.

To many of his longtime patients, he's a savior, a physician on the cutting edge of alternative treatments.

But the death of one of his patients has been ruled a homicide, and investigators have been combing through his files, looking for more.

At issue is the unconventional use of a cheap, readily available chemical, a chemical you probably have in your medicine cabinet right now.

It turns out Shortt gave her an infusion of a chemical, hydrogen peroxide, that he's given a lot of his patients. It's normally used to clean cuts and scrapes, and has never been FDA-approved for internal use. But Shortt has been putting it in his patients' veins, because he believes hydrogen peroxide can effectively treat illnesses from AIDS to the common cold.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-prescription-for-death/

Ladybird

I work for an engineering firm and we do this from time to time. It's a straw man theory and no one is wrong. You put an idea out there and people start spitballing against that idea. Sometimes, a person will say something, it triggers a similar idea that is better and then you come up with a solution. I also do it in my mind when working on a woodworking project or something. I presumed everybody does this!

Everyone does..

Again, the daily briefing, where facts about the pandemic are being presented to the country (and the world) is a good time?

zurg
Posted (edited)

Everyone does..

Again, the daily briefing, where facts about the pandemic are being presented to the country (and the world) is a good time?

Yes. As good as any. Or, maybe one of the best times. It says to America's innovators:

• Go think broadly
  • We don't have the solution in a bag yet
  • We welcome ideas, we're not crippled by bureaucracy
  • Etc etc - you don't the the idea, but common sense people will

Edited by zurg

Natural Selection
Almost everybody here has already openly acknowledged he made a "boo boo", specifically because he claimed (next day) he was being "sarcastic".

You can't hit a home run every time. Sometimes, you even strike out.

That said, it's the batting average that counts. In that regard, Trump's batting average deserves him a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Diamond369
Posted (edited)

At least here on Rightnation and with the Conservatives and other Trump Supporters on Twitter, I actually get reliable information. I would think that some of the MSM especially nowadays would get their acts together. Instead of playing political craps, patty cake, and other childish games, the guilty parties should take their jobs more seriously and realize that many of the US citizenries are sick and tired of their crappy reporting and thair rude, obnoxious behavior during the President's speeches. Like him or not, he IS the guy still behind the podium and as I am typing this, someone may have passed away from COVID-19. Help me understand how anyone could act so childish during a time when so many people are mourning, scared, doubtful, and/or fearful. People are being misinformed or straight up lied to and used, overwhelmed, frustrated, sad, or maybe even all of the above. I don't know whose behavior is worse, theirs or some of the politicians out there. Then again, I'm sure some of the press are too all of the above, too, to be fair. But the actions like the trolling of the President during a press conference, the ill-mannered questions, and the somewhat accusation or two of racism don't prove my points wrong about a few members of the MSM.

Edited by Diamond369

NH Populist

And you trust who, Democrats?! LB, you and Anton are in the same camp, but you're really just wasting your time. Trump hired the people you trust, so relax, he's got this...

RibeyeSteak

And you trust who, Democrats?! LB, you and Anton are in the same camp, but you're really just wasting your time. Trump hired the people you trust, so relax, he's got this...

No relaxing for those with "Orange man bad" tunnel vision.

MTP Reggie
94691484_10217235398492481_7257974893168295936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=XGMa6fhqLT8AX-Rz3gK&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=b875691ab308fdbd4afbaaef26199fe5&oe=5EC9923C

RedSoloCup

Trump has already declared his statements about disinfecting “sarcasm”.

It is straight up INSANE to still try to grab at straws as Trump himself is saying to you that he didn’t mean any of it, he meant the opposite.

...and yet you are willing to do it. You are willing to buy and sell crazy bs if it means not having to admit Trump did a boo boo.

Go on, let that butthurt flow son.

Magic Rat

He still didn't recommend anything so this hysteria was created in your own little pointed heads.

RedSoloCup

I missed the gender of the poster. So what? Unlike what she missed, it doesn't invalidate my argument.

I don't see any evidence that this is what he was referring to. Or that it's "disinfecting" in the way that word is normally used.

It's weird and wrong for Trump to be selling specific promising but unproven treatments in this way. There are lots of treatments that show enough promise to be worth investigating. Most of them, upon further trials and investigation, will turn out to not be helpful or do more harm than good. That's the nature of medicine, most new medicines fail in clinical trials.

That's not a reason not to be cautiously optimistic overall. There are a number of promising treatments and I'm hopeful that one or more will work out. But we shouldn't be putting our eggs in one basket and Trump over-hyping one or two treatments the way Trump has.

Is this inconsistent with anything I said?

I'm not saying it's not a real or legitimate treatment. I'm saying it's not at all clear this is what Trump was referring to and if it was, he butchered his description of it.

:yawn:

:yawn:

zurg

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trey-gowdy-trump-coronavirus-response-medical-professionals

Now Gowdy says that Trump should be a Comforter-In-Chief and leave the medical decisions all to the medical experts.

That’s a BAD IDEA! The experts would have no checks and balances and would go all CYA on the population. No way Trey, what the hell?

Natural Selection

This episode really reminds me of how Bush told you straight up that Iraq didn't have WMD program we invaded over and you STILL refused to admit it.

Before you cherry pick little pieces of history to create your own narrative, let's make sure we all understand the big picture.

It was BILL CLINTON who first attacked Iraq's WMD program. In Clinton's address to the Nation about the attack he ordered, he said "Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs". Hear him say it in his own words in the video below. He says it within the first 10 seconds of the video so it should be within your attention span.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Clinton's WMD war was handed to Bush when he took office. The intelligence agencies all told Bush there were WMD's in Iraq. These are the same intelligence agencies you love.

What I say is based on the findings of American Intelligence...

When no WMD's were found after the invasion Bush said so. Don't blame Bush for the invasion. He received flawed data from our intelligence agencies. Funny thing is, after such a major failure by our intelligence agencies you criticized Trump for ignoring the findings of those same agencies with regards to Russia trying to influence our elections. As far as we can tell, all Russia did was place some phony ads on facebook. :lol:

zurg

Before you cherry pick little pieces of history to create your own narrative, let's make sure we all understand the big picture.

It was BILL CLINTON who first attacked Iraq's WMD program. In Clinton's address to the Nation about the attack he ordered, he said "Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs". Hear him say it in his own words in the video below. He says it within the first 10 seconds of the video so it should be within your attention span.

Clinton's WMD war was handed to Bush when he took office. The intelligence agencies all told Bush there were WMD's in Iraq. These are the same intelligence agencies you love.

When no WMD's were found after the invasion Bush said so. Don't blame Bush for the invasion. He received flawed data from our intelligence agencies. Funny thing is, after such a major failure by our intelligence agencies you criticized Trump for ignoring the findings of those same agencies with regards to Russia trying to influence our elections. As far as we can tell, all Russia did was place some phony ads on facebook. :lol:

Hey Anton, that’s what an internet checkmate looks like.

Timothy

Yes. As good as any. Or, maybe one of the best times. It says to America's innovators:

• Go think broadly
  • We don't have the solution in a bag yet
  • We welcome ideas, we're not crippled by bureaucracy
  • Etc etc - you don't the the idea, but common sense people will

I hope Trump and his associates are taking that approach in the staff meetings. That's where Trump

But that's not the point of a press briefing, especially in a crisis like this. The point of a press briefing, however is to communicate clear, consistent messaging to the public.

Ticked@TinselTown

Everyone does..

It reminds the people who don't need their information regurgitated to them that the people in charge ARE people just like us and they do the things we do, which helps us see the process in place and also understand that nobody has to golden bullet answer.

Plus, considering the massive amounts of agenda driven bullschidt out there about what's going on, simple layman's terms can be reassuring...

Unless, of course, you're looking to find something to nitpick about, then you're going to make what you want out of whatever is happening in real time because you need to...

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

Mode Note: Removed hidden/deleted post, but am leaving the lengthy response.

LOLOLOLOL

See? You've (once again) demonstrated the difference between us. Rather than just jumping on a bandwagon because it's something a politician said (in this case Bush) like you constantly do, I research the facts and evidence. For example, the fact that dozens of Hussein's own generals, scientists and political cronies openly admitted he DID have WMD...and documented the fact that all those truck convoys were busy smuggling them into Syria...and the otherwise-inexplicable WMDs Syria later possessed and used against their own citizens, even though they never had any program developing or building them...how all those factories & warehouses that were documented to be part of Iraq's WMD program were found completely empty, swept spotlessly clean when the invasion "failed" to find WMD, EVEN THOUGH ALL THOSE LOCATIONS WERE EXTREMELY BUSY DAY & NIGHT AT THE TIME THEY WERE REPORTED TO BE MAKING WMDs

(since I know you're not very bright I'll explain that last one in more detail: We're talking about locations that were extremely busy non-stop; People in & out all day & night...trucks in & out all day & night...machinery & equipment in & out all day & night, etc etc etc. In other words, even if they "weren't" part of a WMD program (:rolleyes:), there was SOMETHING important going on there. So how come right after all those truck convoys had smuggled all those WMDs into Syria and we invaded and inspected those locations, THERE WAS NOTHING LEFT THERE?? Not a speck of anything indicating any activity whatsoever. If there was nothing "bad" going on there, WHY did Iraq go to so much trouble sweeping them so spotlessly clean? If they were just building, say, stereos or microwave ovens or any of countless other perfectly-legal things, why was there NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of stereos or microwaves or anything else remaining??)

And plenty more. Like the fact that WMDs were found after the invasion, but were dismissed by the political left as "too old"...or..."not very many"...or..."the wrong type"...etc.

I know that even most right-wingers...even most Bush supporters...even most Iraq invasion supporters...etc etc etc...are content to give up and believe there "weren't" any WMDs in Iraq (:rolleyes:). I know perfectly well damn few have inspected those facts as thoroughly as I have. I know perfectly well the overwhelming majority of all political stripes honestly believe the whole world was "wrong" about Saddam Hussein's WMDs.

Well they're mistaken. No matter what Bush said.

B)

Edited by MTP Reggie

oki

The author didn't read the article he quoted very well:

From the link in the article:

It is:

1) Not an "injection" of a disinfectant. It's someone's blood being disinfected and returned back to them.

2) Has nothing to do with the lungs.

Is it plausible that Trump was thinking of this? Maybe in a very mangled way before he switched gears and started talking about something else related to lungs. Is it clear and "straightforward"? Not even close.

What he said was at best nonsensical.

Trump said is there a way to do this.

Never mind the fact that there are a number of known bad things which ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE introduced into the body in any amount, but yet they are.

Vaccines, namely Thimeresol. It contains Mercury and is used as a preservative in multi dose packages. Isn't Mercury, even in trace amounts bad for you, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN?

Chemotherapy? IE Prostate Cancer, radioactive pellets are put into the body near the prostate.

Ehelene Glycol, you might know the stuff if you ever look at a bottle of automotive coolant. It can be found in toothpaste.

But hey, Orange man bad, ORANGE MAN BAD, if Trump says something it must be ridiculed attacked and.. well Orange Man bad. Even if it is a mere suggestion and there are already situations where poisons are introduced to the body under controlled circumstances and situations to deal with a medical condition.

AntonToo

You’ve spent a lot of effort to refute exactly nothing of what I said.

I said Monty has a history of stubbornly doubling down on stupid and as you can see from his post above not much has changed.

MontyPython

You’ve spent a lot of effort to refute exactly nothing of what I said.

I said Monty has a history of stubbornly doubling down on stupid and as you can see from his post above not much has changed.

:lol3: :rofl: ROFLMAO :rofl: :lol3:

It's hilarious how immediately after chastising Natural Selection for "refut[ing] exactly nothing of what [you] said", you fall back on your "doubling down on stupid" nonsense when you have refuted exactly nothing of what I said. And the difference is that you've had 17 LONG YEARS to refute the facts I've laid out (so many times), and have never been able to refute a single one of them.

You realize, of course, that we're WAY off-topic here, so this should be my last comment in this thread on this off-topic topic:

As you'll recall, the traitorous American left used every conceivable stalling/delaying/obstruction tactic before the invasion finally was "allowed" to take place, thereby granting Saddam a full year and a half on a silver platter to clean up all the evidence. Naturally, after all that time nobody in their right mind expected those WMD to STILL be lying around waiting to be found. Of course they were gone all that time later (well most were gone. Another fact I pointed out was that some were found.)

Sorry Anton, but it's simply irrefutable that Saddam DID have WMD back when every intelligence-gathering agency in the world said he did. Only the truly naive (like you) are still deluding themselves he "didn't".

Anyhow, like I said, we're WAY off-topic here. If you want to continue proving your abject ignorance on this topic, start a new thread.

B)