To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Trump’s idea for “disinfecting” people is already being done

Rate this topic

Natural Selection

Simple question for ANYONE in the administration: how many tests are we as a nation capable of making per day? They have been talking about testing since mid February. How has our capability increased since then?

Trump health official says US will 'easily' conduct 8 million coronavirus tests in May

BY PETER SULLIVAN

04/27/20

The Hill

A top Trump administration health official said Monday the U.S. will “easily” perform eight million tests next month, as the White House rolled out steps aimed at increasing testing capacity.

“According to the governors plans for next month, we will easily double that 4 million number,” Brett Giroir, an assistant secretary of Health and Human Services, said during a press conference at the White House.

He said the administration would be sending out more of the key testing items that have been in short supply recently, including 20 million swabs and 15 million tubes needed to transport samples.

(link)

Natural Selection

Simple question for ANYONE in the administration: how many tests are we as a nation capable of making per day? They have been talking about testing since mid February. How has our capability increased since then?

The US has conducted more tests than any other country. See the second-to-last column "Total Tests".

total-tests-4-28-2020.png

(source)

zurg

You appear to be operating from the assumption that Zurg and Kestrel don't realize that Trump never said to inject disinfectant and wasn't referring to a specific treatment. I don't believe that.

But that doesn't change that you KNOW that that isn't what he said yet you are engaging people as if that is what he said. You are the one who said he "referred to."

Why can't you be honest enough to discuss what he actually said and not the fantasy tangents?

Zurg and Kestrel are showing that even if he did say what the press is dishonestly portraying, which he DIDN't, there are medical treatments out there that fall in line with it.

Either way, you leftist Orange Man Bad foamers are out to lunch.

Timothy: this. I was speculating AND I even said, I thought/wished that maybe he could have been referring to H2O2. I never claimed that Trump’s point was about H2O2. I wished it had been, but it wasn’t.

Thanks Jerry. What you stated is all I was saying.

zurg

I was going to answer Dutch, but thanks to NS, I don’t have to.

Dutch, your serve, try not to double fault like before.

Dutch13
Posted (edited)

Thank you for that information Natural Selection, I appreciate it.  I know the President said we should be able to perform tests on 2% of the population each month....so that correlates well if you figure we have 350-400 million Americans.  Do we need more companies involved in the process to increase production?  Do we have the necessary ingredients in the US to make those for the foreseeable future?

Cleaning products:  Where are we on cleaning products?  It is already impossible to find them on store shelves two hours after a store opens in the morning.  When everybody starts opening back up, they are going to be in greater demand.  What is our domestic production that is going to be available for all citizens?

Hopefully, in the near future, he will share with us some companies that are relocating their production facilities from China back to the US for manufacturing.

Edited by Dutch13

Natural Selection
Do we need more companies involved in the process to increase production?

​​​​​​​April 19: President Trump announced his administration is working on using the DPA (Defense Production Act) to increase the production of testing swabs.

April 20: The Trump Administration announced its helping increase testing swab production by 30M per month - assisting an Ohio manufacturer to convert production lines to produce 10M swabs a month & using the DPA to help Puritan Medical Products produce 20M testing swabs a month.

(source)

zurg

Looks like 95% action and 5% talking to me.

Dutch13
I was going to answer Dutch, but thanks to NS, I don't have to.

Dutch, your serve, try not to double fault like before.

I am still waiting on your explanation of this:

I Trump has taken decisive action all along - one of his greatest being 100% constitutional, giving the states the right to handle their own boundaries. Trump has been 95% action and 5% talk.

Are you being serious about one of his greatest actions being simply following the law?

Natural Selection

Looks like 95% action and 5% talking to me.

Unfortunately, the leftist media coverage is 95% about Trump's talking and 5% about his action.

Natural Selection
Posted (edited)

Are you being serious about one of his greatest actions being simply following the law?

That simple action sure would have helped Obama's reputation...

obama-constitution.png

(Source, with links for each instance)

Edited by Natural Selection

zurg

Yes, indeed, I am.

However, there’s a context. Everything has a reason and a backstory. The context is that 1) unlike some other precedents, Trump is unusual in the level to which he follows the constitution during a state of emergency, 2) giving states the right that belongs to them also gives them the responsibility to do it correctly, 3) giving states their right/responsibility allows for differentiation between how states come out of the pandemic-mode shutdowns, which should help the economy do better sooner and should keep people happier (other than the media who hate any good idea that Trump has even if it saves their families).

So yes, one of the best ideas of the crisis.

AntonToo
Posted (edited)

Work on your reading comprehension. I never tried to refute what you said.

Oh good, because you not refuting what I said is EXACTLY what I read.

Instead you got triggered into relitigating who's fault it was that we went into Iraq war over faulty rationale.

That wasn't what my post was about, it was about the fact that Monty to this day is still denying that advanced WMD programs that the war was sold on were not found to exist, even as Bush has long ago aknowledged that.

That episode is really reminiscent of how he, and some others here are still trying to rationalize Trump's comments as anything but stream-of-conscience nonsense that it was, even as Trump himself is obviously lying his ass off to try to disown them.

Nobody is arguing that he shouldn't be brainstorming behind closed doors. The problem is that he spitballs a terrible idea on national television. Half of America points out what a stupid idea it is and the other half scours the internet trying to find ANYTHING that is remotely close to serve as evidence that what he said was genius.

Meanwhile, he comes out the next day and tells the world he was just being sarcastic while talking about a virus that has killed a "reported" 50,000+ Americans in two months.

Exactly right.

Edited by AntonToo

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)

Thank you for that information Natural Selection, I appreciate it. I know the President said we should be able to perform tests on 2% of the population each month....so that correlates well if you figure we have 350-400 million Americans. Do we need more companies involved in the process to increase production? Do we have the necessary ingredients in the US to make those for the foreseeable future?

Cleaning products: Where are we on cleaning products? It is already impossible to find them on store shelves two hours after a store opens in the morning. When everybody starts opening back up, they are going to be in greater demand. What is our domestic production that is going to be available for all citizens?

Hopefully, in the near future, he will share with us some companies that are relocating their production facilities from China back to the US for manufacturing.

Nice to see the silly-ass "injection" hysteria has run it's course, we can now go back to the vague "testing" complaint because anti-Trumpers believe that the claim that the president should have foreseen the Wuhan virus and had so-called "testing kits warehoused by the millions has been helpful in their constant whining. It's vague enough, that you have yourself convinced it is a legitimate criticism to level at the government, let alone the President. Until recently, I wasn't even aware that the Test Kit Department was within the Executive Office.

Now apparently, the president is also responsible for household cleaning products. After all, isn't that what all conservatives believe? Why Ronald Reagan himself, is rolling over in his grave because the president has not supplied the country with more Windex! Crimes against humanity!

And the idea that this particular President hasn't been working to get more American products manufactured here instead of China is ridiculous.

Edited by Magic Rat

Natural Selection
That wasn't what my post was about, it was about the fact that Monty to this day is still denying that advanced WMD programs that the war was sold on were not found to exist...

Not found to exist in Iraq. Even that is up to interpretation. Monty's posts made that clear.

rationalize Trump's comments as anything but stream-of-conscience nonsense that it was

I got your stream-of-conscience nonsense right here. From none other than the leader of democrats. :lol:

war-production-board.jpg

Plenty more where that came from, you lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Dutch13
<br />Nice to see the silly-ass "injection" hysteria has run it's course, we can now go back to the vague "testing" complaint because anti-Trumpers believe that the claim that the president should have foreseen the Wuhan virus and had so-called "testing kits warehoused by the millions has been helpful in their constant whining.  It's vague enough, that you have yourself convinced it is a legitimate criticism to level at the government, let alone the President.  Until recently, I wasn't even aware that the <i>Test Kit Department</i> was within the Executive Office.

Now apparently, the president is also responsible for household cleaning products.  After all, isn't that what all conservatives believe?  Why Ronald Reagan himself, is rolling over in his grave because the president has not supplied the country with more Windex!  Crimes against humanity!

And the idea that this particular President hasn't been working to get more American products manufactured here instead of China is ridiculous.

Well, now that he admits he said it despite everyone arguing that he didn't say it, it has run its course.

I asked how the United States is doing in providing a vital commodity. Was it me or the President that formed a Covid-19 task force? Was it me or the President that took control of the supply chain in America redirecting where vital supplies are sent?

President Trump and almost all the governors shut our country down because of this virus......that they have told us is highly contagious. We have to be able to purchase cleaning supplies to reopen.....yet despite almost every store in the country setting a limit on the amount that can be purchased, they can't keep it on the shelves past mid-morning because they aren't enough to begin with.

Do you think that is because companies stopped making their product or because the government has pushed themselves to the front of the line and are purchasing the majority that is produced to disperse to front line workers? We all know that answer......so again, what is being done to ramp up production for the citizenery?

I agree that President Trump has been the greatest President in our time at trying to reclaim all that has been lost to China. I never suggested that he wasn't. You have had some terrible reading comprehension problems the past week.

Natural Selection
President Trump and almost all the governors shut our country down because of this virus

What did Trump shut down besides the borders?

AntonToo
Posted (edited)

it's simply irrefutable that Saddam DID have WMD

Not found to exist in Iraq. Even that is up to interpretation. Monty's posts made that clear.

280.jpg

I rest my case, some just belive whatever the hell they want to.

You want to belive that WMD program the war was proven to have existed...and so you do. Even as Bush, who has his legacy as a POTUS on the line, long ago admited that this rationale for the war did not hold up.

If you can still belive that, you certianly will find wiggle room to keep beliving that Trump's idea to kill covid-19 infections with disnfectants and light because they work so well on surfaces was a smart idea.

Edited by AntonToo

Natural Selection
You want to belive that WMD program the war was proven to have existed...and so you do. Even as Bush, who has his legacy as a POTUS on the line, long ago admited that this rationale for the war did not hold up.

Is Bill Clinton's legacy as a POTUS also on the line since he used the same WMD reasoning to attack Iraq?

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)

Well, now that he admits he said it despite everyone arguing that he didn't say it, it has run its course.

Who is “everyone”? Certainly not most people here. Maybe your buddies, Harvey the Rabbit and Captain Howdy, but not many that I have seen.

You even started a thread about it, by the way, so don’t pretend you are a victim of circumstance here.

I asked how the United States is doing in providing a vital commodity. Was it me or the President that formed a Covid-19 task force? Was it me or the President that took control of the supply chain in America redirecting where vital supplies are sent?

It was neither of you who started the Cleaning Products Task Force but it appears you expect one.

President Trump and almost all the governors shut our country down because of this virus......that they have told us is highly contagious. We have to be able to purchase cleaning supplies to reopen.....yet despite almost every store in the country setting a limit on the amount that can be purchased, they can't keep it on the shelves past mid-morning because they aren't enough to begin with.

And how is this the responsibility of the federal government, let alone the president. I thought cleaning products were manufactured in the private sector.

Do you think that is because companies stopped making their product or because the government has pushed themselves to the front of the line and are purchasing the majority that is produced to disperse to front line workers? We all know that answer......so again, what is being done to ramp up production for the citizenery?

Which cleaning products manufacturers did the president ordered to cease production?

I agree that President Trump has been the greatest President in our time at trying to reclaim all that has been lost to China. I never suggested that he wasn't. You have had some terrible reading comprehension problems the past week.

Again, try not to be a dick but why were you bitching about Chinese manufacturing then?

Oh! And we must be consistent and go by your standards here. Any misinterpretations or misunderstandings are YOUR fault. If it’s good enough for you to incessantly whine about Trump, it’s good enough for us.

Edited by Magic Rat

Dutch13
Who is "everyone"?  Certainly not most people here.  Maybe your buddies, Harvey the Rabbit and Captain Howdy, but not many that I have seen.

You even started a thread about it, by the way, so don't pretend you are a victim of circumstance here.

It was neither of you who started the Cleaning Products Task Force but it appears you expect one.

And how is this the responsibility of the federal government, let alone the president.  I thought cleaning products were manufactured in the private sector.

Which cleaning products manufacturers did the president ordered to cease production?

Again, try not to be a dick but why were you bitching about Chinese manufacturing then?

Oh! And we must be consistent and  go by your standards here.  Any misinterpretations or misunderstandings are YOUR fault.  If it's good enough for you to incessantly whine about Trump, it's good enough for us.

You would make Patches O'Hoolihan proud with your expert usage of the 5 D's.

I am not criticizing the President or the government for taking those supplies and getting to front line responders.....however, the President has told us that this is a highly contagious disease. I am just asking a question about supplies for the citizenry when things start to open up. The President released a framework for the states to build upon and the states are putting it into place.

The President's guidelines call for "Use and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas". How does that happen if there isn't enough disinfectant to go around?

Which gets back to my question for the President and his staff during their nightly 2 hour extravaganza. The President has spent a lot of time telling us what a great job he is doing, so I assume he is talking with great business leaders (that is what he tells us anyway).

What are they doing to coordinate an increase in production of those vital products?

That is a simple question and it should be a simple answer.

Magic Rat

You would make Patches O'Hoolihan proud with your expert usage of the 5 D's.

I am not criticizing the President or the government for taking those supplies and getting to front line responders.....however, the President has told us that this is a highly contagious disease. I am just asking a question about supplies for the citizenry when things start to open up. The President released a framework for the states to build upon and the states are putting it into place.

The President's guidelines call for "Use and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas". How does that happen if there isn't enough disinfectant to go around?

Which gets back to my question for the President and his staff during their nightly 2 hour extravaganza. The President has spent a lot of time telling us what a great job he is doing, so I assume he is talking with great business leaders (that is what he tells us anyway).

What are they doing to coordinate an increase in production of those vital products?

That is a simple question and it should be a simple answer.

It is a retarded question because cleaning products are not the responsibility of the <censored>ing federal government.

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)

Oh good, because you not refuting what I said is EXACTLY what I read.

Instead you got triggered into relitigating who's fault it was that we went into Iraq war over faulty rationale.

That wasn't what my post was about, it was about the fact that Monty to this day is still denying that advanced WMD programs that the war was sold on were not found to exist, even as Bush has long ago aknowledged that.

That episode is really reminiscent of how he, and some others here are still trying to rationalize Trump's comments as anything but stream-of-conscience nonsense that it was, even as Trump himself is obviously lying his ass off to try to disown them.

Exactly right.

280.jpg

I rest my case, some just belive whatever the hell they want to.

If you can still belive that, you certianly will find wiggle room to keep beliving that Trump's idea to kill covid-19 infections with disnfectants and light because they work so well on surfaces was a smart idea.

:yawn:

Pay up, moocher. Before you go around insulting the actual paying members.

That simple action sure would have helped Obama's reputation...

obama-constitution.png

(Source, with links for each instance)

:clap:

That went over the Russian's head.

Edited by RedSoloCup

JerryL

Timothy: this. I was speculating AND I even said, I thought/wished that maybe he could have been referring to H2O2. I never claimed that Trump’s point was about H2O2. I wished it had been, but it wasn’t.

Thanks Jerry. What you stated is all I was saying.

No worries, Zurg. It was clear to anyone who doesn't grab on to the latest MSM talking point and run with it without independent thought.

Timothy

You appear to be operating from the assumption that Zurg and Kestrel don't realize that Trump never said to inject disinfectant and wasn't referring to a specific treatment. I don't believe that.

Holy straw-man batman. They obviously don't believe Trump said to inject disinfectant, they presented alternative ideas.

But that doesn't change that you KNOW that that isn't what he said yet you are engaging people as if that is what he said. You are the one who said he "referred to."

Where have I said or suggested that is what he said?

"referred to" was in reference to THEIR ideas for what he might be talking about. I said in MULTIPLE places that what he said was ambiguous.

Why can't you be honest enough to discuss what he actually said and not the fantasy tangents?

The irony is that you are literally going off on a fantasy tangent about what I supposedly said.

Zurg and Kestrel are showing that even if he did say what the press is dishonestly portraying, which he DIDN't, there are medical treatments out there that fall in line with it.

If that was their point, I missed it. Either way, it doesn't back up the straw-man argument you have constructed.

Either way, you leftist Orange Man Bad foamers are out to lunch.

Again, the irony is that you are the one foaming at the mouth here contriving reasons to attack "you leftists".

I'm not sure why you are so angry. When you go after people in such a rabid way, you leave yourself no room to back down at all or graciously concede a point.

JerryL

Holy straw-man batman. They obviously don't believe Trump said to inject disinfectant, they presented alternative ideas.

"It appears that..." Do you understand what that phrase means? "It appears" that you don't.

If that was their point, I missed it. Either way, it doesn't back up the straw-man argument you have constructed.

That was, at a minimum, Zurg's point. He has confirmed it. So yes, you did miss that. Again, try to figure out what "It appears that..." means.

I'm not sure why you are so angry. When you go after people in such a rabid way, you leave yourself no room to back down at all or graciously concede a point.

Don't flatter yourself, Tim. You are not capable of generating anger or any other strong emotion in me. I actually find you amusing in your deliberate dishonesty when it comes to DJT.