To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Trump’s idea for “disinfecting” people is already being done

Rate this topic

Tikk
Posted (edited)

I don't recall asking about hand sanitizer. I said cleaning disinfectant. You know, the things that people use to clean large surfaces. The things that a business will need to open its doors back up to the public.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSC9F2C/ref=twister_B0835RYRB9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Clorox-Disinfecting-Wipes-Bleach-Cleaning/dp/B00P2ZJ6DU/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lysol+wipes&qid=1588269580&s=hpc&sr=1-2

https://business.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=Lysol+Spray

If you have a restaurant supply store near you, contact them. Ask if they have any Quat sanitizer available. It also goes by MultiQuat or SaniQuat. Some sanitizers are chlorine or iodine based as well. But the Quaternary Ammonium sanitizers are the most used.

Keep in mind these are sanitizers, not cleaners. They are to be applied to clean surfaces. This is because soils can harbor bacteria that the sanitizers can't reach.

Follow the manufacturer's directions (you will probably need reading glasses as the print is tiny)

Edited by Tikk

Dutch13
Posted (edited)
Get over myself? Self congratulate much? The POTUS declared a emergency and invoked portions of the law. He did not suspend the Constitution, and stop rights. Know how I know? I still have to read miranda to people I arrest. I still need a search warrant to enter a home without permission. I still have to have probable cause to arrest. Those are all guarantees enshrined in our Constitution and LAW. Therefore they are not suspended and as I stated they are not legally stopped by some dictator governor with his eyes on power.

You being able to be supercop has nothing to do with a President declaring a national emergency and FEMA taking control of the supply chain.

Once again, I never suggested any of that BS that you are using to deflect from the fact that despite what you posted about shopping on Amazon......the actual items that I am talking about are not available on Amazon.  I appreciate you taking that step and proving my point.  Sure they have hand sanitizer.  They have basketballs and video games as well.  

What do all those have in common?        

You don't use any of them to disinfect hard surfaces and kill the virus that causes Covid 19.

Edited by Dutch13

Tikk

You being able to be supercop has nothing to do with a President declaring a national emergency and FEMA taking control of the supply chain.

Once again, I never suggested any of that BS that you are using to deflect from the fact that despite what you posted about shopping on Amazon......the actual items that I am talking about are not available on Amazon.  I appreciate you taking that step and proving my point.  Sure they have hand sanitizer.  They have basketballs and video games as well.  

What do all those have in common?        

You don't use any of them to disinfect hard surfaces and kill the virus that causes Covid 19.

Available now on Amazon

JerryL

Yes. Doesn't change the fact that it was a straw man argument.

You don't understand what a straw man argument is, Tim. I said that it appears to me that you didn't understand what Zurg and Kestrel were saying. That is it. No argument. An observation. You can keep saying "straw man, straw man" all you want but it won't make it true.

And it still doesn't back-up your argument. It still doesn't change the fact that I said multiple times that Trump's statement was ambiguous and unclear. If my position is what you say it is, I would not have made those statements.

Here is what you wrote.

I don't see any evidence that this is what he was referring to. Or that it's "disinfecting" in the way that word is normally used.

It's weird and wrong for Trump to be selling specific promising but unproven treatments in this way. There are lots of treatments that show enough promise to be worth investigating. Most of them, upon further trials and investigation, will turn out to not be helpful or do more harm than good. That's the nature of medicine, most new medicines fail in clinical trials.

That's not a reason not to be cautiously optimistic overall. There are a number of promising treatments and I'm hopeful that one or more will work out. But we shouldn't be putting our eggs in one basket and Trump over-hyping one or two treatments the way Trump has.

After further reading, I see and admit that you weren't addressing the disinfectin comment specifically. I was wrong about that.

That being said, first bold. You take the treatments that Zurg presented and link them back to "disinfecting," which was what all the TDS sufferers were crying about.

Second and third bolds you are still accusing Trump of something he did not do with these treatments.

I'm not saying it's not a real or legitimate treatment. I'm saying it's not at all clear this is what Trump was referring to and if it was, he butchered his description of it.

OK, it's not clear but you can still accuse Trump of championing these treatments.

Your tone and the fact that you came out the game swinging suggests otherwise. And it wouldn't be flattery, I'm not a troll who takes joy in people being angry. I make an effort, not always successfully, to keep things respectful and friendly. Honestly, my motivation is hope that you'll actually take it to heart somewhat and tone things down. I know that's overly optimistic and idealistic, especially for the internet. It is what it is.

Tell you what Tim. Please go back and quote to me where you think I "came out the game (gate?) swinging" and where I need to "tone things down."

Until I know what you are talking about, I can't address it.