Lisa

Trump blasts Fox News, says he wants 'an alternative'

Rate this topic

Lisa

Trump blasts Fox News, says he wants 'an alternative'

BY JOHN BOWDEN - 04/26/20 05:51 PM EDT

The Hill

Excerpt:

President Trump lashed out at Fox News on Sunday, targeting several figures at the network in a series of tweets claiming that the network was "being fed Democrat talking points."In three tweets Sunday afternoon, the president called for an "alternative" to the right-leaning news network.

His criticism also targeted "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace, who he said was "nastier to Republicans than even Deface the Nation or Sleepy Eyes," referring to CBS's "Face the Nation" and NBC's Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press" and "Meet the Press Daily."

Full Article

Dean Adam Smithee

Dude really needs to dial it back a notch. Maybe to '10' rather than '11'.

Lisa

The best thing he can do for himself right now is stay off Twitter. He's his own worst enemy.

Taggart Transcontinental

The best thing he can do for himself right now is stay off Twitter. He's his own worst enemy.

Not even close. That is the only voice of truth out there anymore.

Lisa

Not even close. That is the only voice of truth out there anymore.

Just as quarantine fatigue is setting in for many, so is Trump tweet fatigue.

linewinder

Why does no one tell the lame stream media to dial it back?

Why does the bullied have to give in? I personally like a man that stands up for himself and me.

Someone that charges the threat instead of turning tail.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Why does the bullied have to give in? I personally like a man that stands up for himself and me.

:exactly:

I LOVE that trump keeps kicking the lamestream media's butt and not putting up with any of their incessant rude dirty personal attacks and lies.

ThePatriot

I freakin' hate the media. They can all go f#$k themselves as far as I'm concerned and any time someone bashes those lying, manipulative jerks, I'm good with it.

Truth in reporting has been dead for so damn long I haven't watched the news for years.

Lisa

Due to his choice of phrasing, spelling, etc., he comes off as very unprofessional. If he weren't the POTUS, it wouldn't be such an issue.The phrase never complain, never explain comes to mind. Perhaps if he ran his ideas by his people and allowed them to rephrase and post for him, he'd look better.

Tikk

Due to his choice of phrasing, spelling, etc., he comes off as very unprofessional. If he weren't the POTUS, it wouldn't be such an issue.The phrase never complain, never explain comes to mind. Perhaps if he ran his ideas by his people and allowed them to rephrase and post for him, he'd look better.

While I agree with you that is messaging could be more polished. Three things to consider:

1) This method of communication is effective with those who are tired or polished and professional political communication. He comes across as real and honest.

2) This is the whole laser pointer to the main stream media cat to chase around like morons for the next few days. These are distractions not policy. And they are very effective distractions to the left.

3) No one is going to remember this in November. Which kind of points back at point #2. Anyone remember "covfefe"? And where is Stormy Daniels now? Russian election interference?

Hieronymous

I still don’t get why people watch tv news

JerryL

Dude really needs to dial it back a notch. Maybe to '10' rather than '11'.

:yeahthat:

I have been saying that for more than 3 years.

USNJIMRET

While I agree with you that is messaging could be more polished. Three things to consider:

1) This method of communication is effective with those who are tired or polished and professional political communication. He comes across as real and honest.

2) This is the whole laser pointer to the main stream media cat to chase around like morons for the next few days. These are distractions not policy. And they are very effective distractions to the left.

3) No one is going to remember this in November. Which kind of points back at point #2. Anyone remember "covfefe"? And where is Stormy Daniels now? Russian election interference?

RedSoloCup

mliff1

This is a 50/50 thing for me. I for one hate when he says things without thinking first the implications, however I hate the media with all their lies, distortions, re-wording what Trump says to make him look foolish. Maybe dial it back a notch but keep going after the God hating, country hating lying piece of monkey ...... Whew, got that off my chest.

Dutch13

That is a very nobel thought.

Dutch13
3)  No one is going to remember this in November.  Which kind of points back at point #2.  Anyone remember "covfefe"?  And where is Stormy Daniels now?  Russian election interference.

I think we will be seeing video of President Trump talking about injecting disinfectant for the remainder of the election cycle and him saying that "we have 15 cases, but pretty soon there will be 0 cases"......just like we will see video of Biden showing signs of dementia.

Tikk

I think we will be seeing video of President Trump talking about injecting disinfectant for the remainder of the election cycle and him saying that "we have 15 cases, but pretty soon there will be 0 cases"......just like we will see video of Biden showing signs of dementia.

Of that I have no doubt. But does it stick with ALL we've seen after the past three years?

Look, is Trump perfect? Absolutely not. But you won't see him on any stage talking about injecting disinfectant (which BTW would be called an anti-biotic, but that's splitting hairs). Whereas you WILL see Joe Biden continue to have difficulty stringing a sentence together.

Right now Trump learns from his mistakes, Biden is unaware of his.

NH Populist

I wish I knew the number of people who've switched parties in the last 3 years. At Trump rallies, many attendees identify as Democrats and it probably has as much to do with the way Trump's being treated by the Left as it does the successes he's had. Personally, I think the Left's overplayed their hand so badly, that nothing they accuse Trump of at this point is going to matter. One thing I do know, Trump supporters are motivated to vote, a divided Left, not so much...

Coach

OAN reminds me of news as it was once reported. Brit Hume is the best news man left. Trump is Trump, it's why he is hated and why he was elected. If being professional means slinging crap like what comes from the left then I'll take Trump every time. I don't know how much of his misspelling is on purpose but it draws a lot of attention and could be his intent.

Personally he has kept his cool way too much to my liking.

GRB1959

Chris Wallace is unwatchable. Whenever he is on Fox News the channel gets tuned to something else immediately in our home. He is very biased and left of center in all of his reporting. He is no better than his father (Mike Wallace) a far left 'Journalist' with 60 Minutes years ago.

Just once I would like to see Chris Wallace attack Democrats with the same giddy zeal that he seems to reserve for conservatives. Fox has definitely drifted further to the left the past 3-4 years and that is not a good thing. If I wanted news slanted through a leftward prism I could gag and watch any one of the alphabet networks which continually spew DNC talking points.

Fox News still has some very good news programs such as Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham Angle, Life, Liberty and Levin and whenever Britt Hume is on, however it would be a shame if Fox News continues to slide leftward.

Gord

NH Populist

Fair and balanced is one thing, but Donna Brazile? The woman who fed Hillary Clinton debate questions before the debate? If she's the new face of Fox News, why not just tune in to CNN?

Ladybird
Posted (edited)

Chris Wallace is unwatchable. Whenever he is on Fox News the channel gets tuned to something else immediately in our home. He is very biased and left of center in all of his reporting. He is no better than his father (Mike Wallace) a far left 'Journalist' with 60 Minutes years ago.

Just once I would like to see Chris Wallace attack Democrats with the same giddy zeal that he seems to reserve for conservatives. Fox has definitely drifted further to the left the past 3-4 years and that is not a good thing. If I wanted news slanted through a leftward prism I could gag and watch any one of the alphabet networks which continually spew DNC talking points.

Fox News still has some very good news programs such as Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham Angle, Life, Liberty and Levin and whenever Britt Hume is on, however it would be a shame if Fox News continues to slide leftward.

Gord

You don't believe Chris Wallace "attacked", as you put it, the Obama administration just as vigorously?

Hannity is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Trump. He campaigns for him.

Edited by Ladybird

RedSoloCup

Gord

Fair and balanced is one thing, but Donna Brazile? The woman who fed Hillary Clinton debate questions before the debate? If she's the new face of Fox News, why not just tune in to CNN?

You don't believe Chris Wallace "attacked", as you put it, the Obama administration just as vigorously?

Hannity is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Trump. He campaigns for him.

:yawn:

USNRETWIFE

OAN reminds me of news as it was once reported. Brit Hume is the best news man left. Trump is Trump, it's why he is hated and why he was elected. If being professional means slinging crap like what comes from the left then I'll take Trump every time. I don't know how much of his misspelling is on purpose but it draws a lot of attention and could be his intent.

Personally he has kept his cool way too much to my liking.

My husband switched to OAN months ago (I rarely watch any tv) after being a Fox viewer for years. Journalism is basically dead. There are a view good investigative reporters out there, such as John Solomon and his new website, Just the News. I like Sharyl Attkisson and Sarah Carter, both are very good. But televised news? Not for me.As for Trump and how he says things? I don't mind a bit. He could be a grand orator, the Daniel Webster of our time, and the left would still attack, lie, twist what he said, oh, did I mention lie? No it isn't Trump, it is the lying left, both in politics and media. And many of the average dem on the street.