To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa

Trump blasts Fox News, says he wants 'an alternative'

Rate this topic

Coach

My husband switched to OAN months ago (I rarely watch any tv) after being a Fox viewer for years. Journalism is basically dead. There are a view good investigative reporters out there, such as John Solomon and his new website, Just the News. I like Sharyl Attkisson and Sarah Carter, both are very good. But televised news? Not for me.As for Trump and how he says things? I don't mind a bit. He could be a grand orator, the Daniel Webster of our time, and the left would still attack, lie, twist what he said, oh, did I mention lie? No it isn't Trump, it is the lying left, both in politics and media. And many of the average dem on the street.

You got it right, dealing with left wing thugs is dirty work. Sadly some of our friends are squeamish when it comes to the nut cutting but the president is up to it.

zurg

Just as quarantine fatigue is setting in for many, so is Trump tweet fatigue.

Not here. I feel like the group I belong to is "many", and perhaps more than your "many".

Due to his choice of phrasing, spelling, etc., he comes off as very unprofessional. If he weren't the POTUS, it wouldn't be such an issue.The phrase never complain, never explain comes to mind. Perhaps if he ran his ideas by his people and allowed them to rephrase and post for him, he'd look better.

In my opinion it is not the same. I enjoy his pointing out the left wing media, who have been attacking him unceasingly for years and will continue to do so. Why do so many here not consider the negative impact of that from a media that's supposed to be for all of us? I absolutely *hate* that the good Trump does for America is never good enough, he must have the perfect personality while doing so too. I'm so f888ing sick of that.

If Trump was polite like you and some (many?) others wish, what would he achieve? He'd be like Bush, always turning the other cheek. I don't want my political champion that way. Sorry.

JerryL
Posted (edited)

Not here. I feel like the group I belong to is "many", and perhaps more than your "many".

In my opinion it is not the same. I enjoy his pointing out the left wing media, who have been attacking him unceasingly for years and will continue to do so. Why do so many here not consider the negative impact of that from a media that's supposed to be for all of us? I absolutely *hate* that the good Trump does for America is never good enough, he must have the perfect personality while doing so too. I'm so f888ing sick of that.

If Trump was polite like you and some (many?) others wish, what would he achieve? He'd be like Bush, always turning the other cheek. I don't want my political champion that way. Sorry.

Can't speak for Liz, but I can speak for myself.

I don't care if he is polite. I am actually glad that he fights fire with fire. I don't care if he counter-attacks against attacks on him. I am glad that he does.

That being said, it would take very little effort for:

1. His tweets to be written better. There is a difference between the written and the spoken word. MOST people take more time in composing something that is written than what comes out of their mouths in normal conversation. Not doing so makes you look lazy and not very bright and Trump is neither of those. That is why I have hard time understanding why he insists on appearing that way in his tweets.

2. Improve the "tone," for lack of a better word, to his tweets. He writes like a pissed off high schooler. Some people like that. Some people, including myself, do not. Would you really be put off if the President of the United States formulated his counter attacks in a more adult and coherent manner? Would he lose votes by doing that?

3. Make sure that what he tweets is true. He has tweeted many things that simply are not true. He then has a tendancy to double down on them rather than admit them. He then looks dishonest...well, because he is being dishonest. Why put yourself in that position when you know that 90+ percent of the media and all the foaming at the mouth Democrats are going to pounce on it?

JMO.

Edited by JerryL

Moderator T

It is possible to attain a more happy medium though. There's a place between rolling over like say Romney did during the campaign with his 1% comments or dog "controversy" and Trump seemingly always being more harsh on his allies who might occasionally disagree than he ever is on those who are his enemy 100% of the time, or when he starts speaking off the cuff about things he doesn't fully understand and gives the partisan media bleach drinking talking points. Its possible to have your volume at 8 or 9 without turning it all the way up to 11.

Or a better way to put it is something I've observed in a coworker who can't shut up: Everyone needs to pick their battles. Some people just pick every single battle possible. It isn't necessary. You can often accomplish more with a single highly accurate cruise missile than you can with carpet bombing friendly and enemy targets alike.

Look at everything Trump has accomplished. Can you imagine what more he could do if he spent just a little less time trashing media outlets that are more often than not on his side, trashing politicians and former employees who as conservatives will at least toe the line 90% of the time, or giving ad-libbed material to media outlets who everyone knows will turn it against him? All it would take is a bit more focus/discipline on his part and he really could end up as the best president in our lifetime.

IMO it would also help his reelection chances. I live in a pretty blue area of a barely red state. I know a lot of people who like what he's done and even a lot of what he's said when it comes to taking the fight to those who oppose him. But a lot of them also consider him to be a jerk. I know quite a few who are just not motivated to vote at all because of it as they don't want Biden but don't like the President. The aren't politically minded/active people, so no argument about policy positions or the fallout of losing an election will persuade them. They just won't vote for someone they don't like. If dialing it back just a little gets them to show up isn't it worth it?

Ticked@TinselTown

The more President Trump gets people riled up, the more campaign promises he manages to keep behind the scenes because the leftards are frothing at the mouth making all sorts of claims while HE GETS THE JOB OF BEING PRESIDENT DONE.

As Jerry and Zurg said, the time for being polite is OVER. The left has gained FAR TOO STRONG a hold in the media and in the halls of politics and they are happily destroying this country with that hold because the Republicans are still playing by 'gentlemen's' rules.

Sorry, F*CK that.

Our nation's immediate future hangs in the balance and I am not willing to see this country go down the tubes again because people want to wimp out when faced with the leftist agenda that attacks everything that makes America a beacon to the rest of the world.

The leftist and the Democrats have been EXTREMELY transparent about their plans for this country if they get one of theirs into the White House and NONE of it is for the GOOD of ALL Americans, just SOME, and THAT's what got us into the misery that President Trump has been in the process of trying to FIX.

kestrel
Posted (edited)

I still don't get why people watch tv news

Me neither...also I don't do twitter so I only read the tweets I want to read..And I have to say I like that he fights back..I got used to RepubliWimps for so long that all in all it's kinda refreshing. But I will admit this..That if you publicly say you like Trump's tweets the cool kids will not like you..

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

zurg

Can't speak for Liz, but I can speak for myself.

I don't care if he is polite. I am actually glad that he fights fire with fire. I don't care if he counter-attacks against attacks on him. I am glad that he does.

That being said, it would take very little effort for:

1. His tweets to be written better. There is a difference between the written and the spoken word. MOST people take more time in composing something that is written than what comes out of their mouths in normal conversation. Not doing so makes you look lazy and not very bright and Trump is neither of those. That is why I have hard time understanding why he insists on appearing that way in his tweets.

2. Improve the "tone," for lack of a better word, to his tweets. He writes like a pissed off high schooler. Some people like that. Some people, including myself, do not. Would you really be put off if the President of the United States formulated his counter attacks in a more adult and coherent manner? Would he lose votes by doing that?

3. Make sure that what he tweets is true. He has tweeted many things that simply are not true. He then has a tendancy to double down on them rather than admit them. He then looks dishonest...well, because he is being dishonest. Why put yourself in that position when you know that 90+ percent of the media and all the foaming at the mouth Democrats are going to pounce on it?

JMO.

Good points to bring up...let me state briefly my thoughts in response:1. I agree that he could try to sound "smarter" or more intelligent...but on the other hand, he states the issue plainly and clearly, if crudely. 2. I think he should try to change his tone depending on who the target is. Media? Pissed off high schooler is okay, it sets them off and reveals them for what they are. Non-partisans who might try to help him? Yeah, tone it down.

3. Sure, it would be good if he was correct 100% of the time. BUt the problem is really the media. They give him zero breaks. They give him zero benefit of doubt. They've constantly in attack mode. They're always blitzing. So I can understand why attack back is the best method. It spills into other areas, sure, but that's because Trump isn't a social sophistocrat. That is part of his appeal to many.

It is possible to attain a more happy medium though. There's a place between rolling over like say Romney did during the campaign with his 1% comments or dog "controversy" and Trump seemingly always being more harsh on his allies who might occasionally disagree than he ever is on those who are his enemy 100% of the time, or when he starts speaking off the cuff about things he doesn't fully understand and gives the partisan media bleach drinking talking points. Its possible to have your volume at 8 or 9 without turning it all the way up to 11.

Or a better way to put it is something I've observed in a coworker who can't shut up: Everyone needs to pick their battles. Some people just pick every single battle possible. It isn't necessary. You can often accomplish more with a single highly accurate cruise missile than you can with carpet bombing friendly and enemy targets alike.

Look at everything Trump has accomplished. Can you imagine what more he could do if he spent just a little less time trashing media outlets that are more often than not on his side, trashing politicians and former employees who as conservatives will at least toe the line 90% of the time, or giving ad-libbed material to media outlets who everyone knows will turn it against him? All it would take is a bit more focus/discipline on his part and he really could end up as the best president in our lifetime.

IMO it would also help his reelection chances. I live in a pretty blue area of a barely red state. I know a lot of people who like what he's done and even a lot of what he's said when it comes to taking the fight to those who oppose him. But a lot of them also consider him to be a jerk. I know quite a few who are just not motivated to vote at all because of it as they don't want Biden but don't like the President. The aren't politically minded/active people, so no argument about policy positions or the fallout of losing an election will persuade them. They just won't vote for someone they don't like. If dialing it back just a little gets them to show up isn't it worth it?

Like Jerry, your points are absolutely reasonable and sensible. I can't argue that they don't make sense. I would just like people to think through the lens of someone who has to face opposition every day, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF OPPOSITION, every hour of every day. Trump is human, as we all know, all too well. He's actually handling the attacks remarkably well. Would I like to see him close to perfect? Sure. But if that meant becoming more like Romney, I'll give up that tradeoff before it starts.

The more President Trump gets people riled up, the more campaign promises he manages to keep behind the scenes because the leftards are frothing at the mouth making all sorts of claims while HE GETS THE JOB OF BEING PRESIDENT DONE.

As Jerry and Zurg said, the time for being polite is OVER. The left has gained FAR TOO STRONG a hold in the media and in the halls of politics and they are happily destroying this country with that hold because the Republicans are still playing by 'gentlemen's' rules.

Sorry, F*CK that.

Our nation's immediate future hangs in the balance and I am not willing to see this country go down the tubes again because people want to wimp out when faced with the leftist agenda that attacks everything that makes America a beacon to the rest of the world.

The leftist and the Democrats have been EXTREMELY transparent about their plans for this country if they get one of theirs into the White House and NONE of it is for the GOOD of ALL Americans, just SOME, and THAT's what got us into the misery that President Trump has been in the process of trying to FIX.

The Washington DC apparatus was prepared to become richer than Midas through the election of Hillary Rodham Clinton as POTUS. They lost their chance and that's why they have only one goal: remove Trump.

I've never known with more certainty who I'm voting for next.

JerryL

Good points to bring up...let me state briefly my thoughts in response:1. I agree that he could try to sound "smarter" or more intelligent...but on the other hand, he states the issue plainly and clearly, if crudely. 2. I think he should try to change his tone depending on who the target is. Media? Pissed off high schooler is okay, it sets them off and reveals them for what they are. Non-partisans who might try to help him? Yeah, tone it down.

3. Sure, it would be good if he was correct 100% of the time. BUt the problem is really the media. They give him zero breaks. They give him zero benefit of doubt. They've constantly in attack mode. They're always blitzing. So I can understand why attack back is the best method. It spills into other areas, sure, but that's because Trump isn't a social sophistocrat. That is part of his appeal to many.

Only a couple of comments.

1. I don't agree that what he tweets is always clear. Some of his tweets read as if they were written by a Russian immigrant with multiple personalities. (Collusion!!!)

2. Pissed of high schooler doesn't work to as wide an audience as does assured, confident, and authoratitive adult.

3. Understood, but that doesn't force him to be dishonest. Either vet your tweets beforehand, admit you are wrong when caught, or stay off twitter. Don't double down. The attacks he receives are often self-inflicted. When you know you are going to be attacked at every opportunity, why provide more opportunities?

zurg

Only a couple of comments.

1. I don't agree that what he tweets is always clear. Some of his tweets read as if they were written by a Russian immigrant with multiple personalities. (Collusion!!!)

2. Pissed of high schooler doesn't work to as wide an audience as does assured, confident, and authoratitive adult.

3. Understood, but that doesn't force him to be dishonest. Either vet your tweets beforehand, admit you are wrong when caught, or stay off twitter. Don't double down. The attacks he receives are often self-inflicted. When you know you are going to be attacked at every opportunity, why provide more opportunities?

I understand. Also, Trump isn't perfect. I'm fine with this version. I'm finding that optimizing other people's behavior gives me heartburn, so I don't.

JerryL

I understand. Also, Trump isn't perfect. I'm fine with this version. I'm finding that optimizing other people's behavior gives me heartburn, so I don't.

:thumbsup:

All for keeping the hearburn down! Cheers.

Moderator T

A double recommended dose of Prilosec helps with that. I'm not sure if that's a "pro tip" or just a sign of my decrepitness though. :shrug: