Fox News dumps Diamond & Silk as lefty media exult

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Fox News dumps Diamond & Silk as lefty media exult

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Thomas Lifson

April 28, 2020

Article:

Two exultant, full-throated voices in support of President Trump apparently have been banished from the airwaves of Fox News, Fox Business Network, and the Fox Nation subscription video streaming service that is endlessly promoted in place of advertising during commercial breaks on the cable news channels. The last time the duo uploaded commentary to Fox Nation was April 7, but no official Fox voice even whispered a word of their eviction from the largest conservative television platforms.

But over the weekend, Oliver Darcy of CNN noted their absence on Twitter, and yesterday, Lachlan Cartwright and Justin Baragona of the painfully progressive Daily Beast broke the story of their expulsion.

Fox News has cut ties with MAGA vlogging superstars Diamond & Silk, who had contributed original content to the network's streaming service Fox Nation since shortly after its late 2018 launch.

The sudden split comes after the Trump-boosting siblings have come under fire for promoting conspiracy theories and disinformation about the coronavirus. "After what they've said and tweeted you won't be seeing them on Fox Nation or Fox News anytime soon," a source with knowledge of the matter told The Daily Beast.

After rising to prominence during the 2016 election, Lynette "Diamond" Hardaway and Rochelle "Silk" Richardson leveraged their newfound celebrity into regular sycophantic appearances on Fox News, resulting in President Donald Trump
, featuring them at rallies, and treating them as "
."

The social-media personalities were eventually tapped to provide weekly videos for Fox Nation after it launched as
. Their episodes, essentially 5–7 minute distillations of their freeform live-streams, appeared like clockwork on the streaming service until earlier this month. (snip)

Prior to this month, the duo never missed a week posting episodes since December 2018.

The lively duo seem to have been very popular with Fox viewers, adding a distinctive brand of enthusiasm to the talking head menagerie at the News Corp outlets. I found them bringing a smile to my face whenever I would hear from them on air. Their cadences and responsiveness to each other had a distinctively African-American flavor, and I often thought they must be making those who regard the black vote as the property of the Democrat party quite nervous.

I don't think anyone regarded them as investigative reporters. They are polemicists in the best tradition of that mode of discourse. The bill of particulars against them, according the Daily Beast, includes "misinformation" and "conspiracy theories" about the coronavirus.

Full Story

Taggart Transcontinental

That's because fox is now Faux.

BigCliff650

That leftist tolerance tho....

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

As I've said here on this site numerous times, it was going down hill and has gained light speed in doing so since Roger Ailes had died.

pepperonikkid

Time for OANN to take over

Dutch13

Besides cheerleading for Donald Trump, what was their appeal? I assume that Fox Nation is a for profit business. Were they earning their paychecks?I can't quite understand people on the right trying to burn down the only major network that even gives it a fair shake. Fair and balanced means that you call it like you see it, not like you want it to be.

RedSoloCup

:exactly:

RedSoloCup

As I've said here on this site numerous times, it was going down hill and has gained light speed in doing so since Roger Ailes had died.

Especially when the leftist, globalist Murdoch Boys took over.

So, are we going to hear the MSM (or any of our feckless leftists here) decry FNC as being racist for firing two women of Color?

Ladybird

They can go play with Alex Jones.

Tikk

Besides cheerleading for Donald Trump, what was their appeal? I assume that Fox Nation is a for profit business. Were they earning their paychecks?I can't quite understand people on the right trying to burn down the only major network that even gives it a fair shake. Fair and balanced means that you call it like you see it, not like you want it to be.

I'm with you on this one.

I don't see their appeal other than their race. One does the talking and all you hear is, "thas right" and "MmmHmmm" from the other one.

Now if they dropped Candice Owens ( :wub: ), then I'd be more concerned.

SARGE

Wrong.

Fair and balanced means you present all the facts and allow the audience make its own decision.

When you start "calling it" you influence how others decide and which way they turn.

LeansToTheRight

There appeal was hearing a different voice express similar views to mine. Instead of hearing the same dialect/diction of white suburbia, they offered a voice that is not often heard on cable news. They were articulate, passionate, funny, and had a very “realness” about them that is appealing. As an example - I can’t stand the way Mike Pence speaks. Mike Pence speaks as if he’s been training to be a politician his whole life. I hate listening to him. (And the thousands of other politicians). I REALLY like hearing the off-the-cuff way that Trump speaks. He speaks from his heart. He doesn’t polish it for your pleasure. It’s REAL. And that’s the same appeal I have for Diamond and Silk. I can’t stand listening to Lars Larson and his “booming ‘made for radio’ voice”. I LOVE listening to Diamond and Silk. They are real. And that’s the appeal.

Ticked@TinselTown

Yep. While they love their cash cow, they're doing everything they can to silence the voices the viewers like to hear.

I have no doubts that these awesome ladies will have plenty of new options.

Diamond369

That is so messed up. It is so sad that now there are higher-ups at Fox News who no longer appreciate them or their contributions. Sad.

Moderator T

That is so messed up. It is so sad that now there are higher-ups at Fox News who no longer appreciate them or their contributions. Sad.

They probably didn't want their reputable new agency associated with claims like the deep state engineered the corona virus, the government is paying celebrities to lie about having corona virus, or the billionaire with an army of lawyers, Bill Gates wants to use vaccines for corona virus to carry out his worldwide plan for population control.

I enjoy Diamond and Silk. I think they're better off on social media where you can say whatever you want regardless of evidence or truth rather on a news site/station.

RedSoloCup

They can go play with Alex Jones.

But does that excuse FNC's blatant racism?

RedSoloCup

That leftist tolerance tho....

Diamond and Silk get the boot, but those lunatics Juan Williams, Donna Brazille and Chris Wallace remain.

No doubt Lyin' Ryan had involvement in this.

Ladybird

How is their firing or whatever it is "racism"?

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)

Yep. While they love their cash cow, they're doing everything they can to silence the voices the viewers like to hear.

I have no doubts that these awesome ladies will have plenty of new options.

The Murdoch boys failed at everything daddy let them handle and if they continue to influence Fox they will crater that profitable enterprise as well. The boys just cannot stand that they and their trophy wives are not invited to all the cool Hollywood parties so... out with the old and placate the cocktail crowd. It is is the quintessential story of the spoiled rich boys who could not run a lemonade stand let alone the ventures left to them by their father.

Edited by RedSoloCup

RedSoloCup

For firing two women of color, duh.

USNRETWIFE

Time for OANN to take over

Absolutely. And who, in their right mind, would ever PAY for a Fox subscription service?

Ladybird

For firing two women of color, duh.

I see. So it's YOUR contention that anytime a non-white person is fired, it's racism..

Dutch13
  I LOVE listening to Diamond and Silk.  They are real.  And that's the appeal.

If they are that great, I am sure that someone will snatch them up to increase their viewership.

Dutch13

OMG, now folks on the right are throwing out the race card.

kestrel

froehlich214.gifand some people think lefties have no sense of humor!..Good one!

Kestrel...