RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Stacey Abrams: Biden Did Not Assault Tara Reade

Rate this topic

Martin
Posted (edited)

https://www.realclea...not_happen.html

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams appeared on CNN Tuesday night and defended presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden from sexual assault allegations by a former Senate aide. Abrams, who is openly campaigning for vice president, said the former vice president is telling the truth and this did not happen and she supports the campaign's approach to the allegation made by Tara Reade. Abrams added Biden will make "women proud."

"I believe that women deserve to be heard and I believe that they need to be listened to," Abrams said Tuesday night. "But I also believe that those allegations have to be investigated by credible sources. The 'New York Times' did a deep investigation and they found that the accusation was not credible. I believe Joe Biden. I believe that he is a person who demonstrated that his love of family, his love of our community, has been made perfectly clear through his work as a Congressional leader and as an American leader."

"I know Joe Biden and I think he's telling the truth and this did not happen," she added.

"You said you have heard her and heard enough and don't believe her. You believe Joe Biden," Lemon said.

"What I'm saying is the 'New York Times' investigation of her allegations, the 'New York Times' investigation doesn't support the accusation against the vice president," Abrams said. "I believe the Biden I know. And I think he will make women proud he will make America proud."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Most of the commenters on Real Clear Politics assume this is a suck-up by Stacey Abrams in pursuit of the Vice-Presidential nomination. If so, then I would like to get the opinions of Right Nation readers on how well Abrams would fare as a Vice-Presidential nominee and as a Vice-President.

Edited by Martin

Noclevermoniker

Well, I guess it’s settled then? Because a backbench state legislator starved for attention, who may possibly exchanged a handshake with Quid Pro Joe, says so?

Taggart Transcontinental

Was this clown even alive when Biden did this?

Martin
Well, I guess it's settled then? Because a backbench state legislator starved for attention, who may possibly exchanged a handshake with Quid Pro Joe, says so?

Abrams says she relied on a report in the New York Times, without acknowledging that the Times allowed Biden's campaign to edit the report.

Noclevermoniker

Abrams says she relied on a report in the New York Times, without acknowledging that the Times allowed Biden's campaign to edit the report.

That changes everything!

RedSoloCup

Of course the Fat Cow will defend him.

oki

“Even today, structural and cultural barriers have created stigma that prevents survivors of sexual assault from coming forward,” Abrams told Marie Claire in September 2018. “It is incumbent upon our leaders to treat sexual assault prevention and building a culture of consent as a public health issue, and to ensure that survivors who wish to come forward can do so safely, and be believed.”

Abrams also participated in a national walk-out and a moment of solidarity with Kavanaugh’s accuser.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/07/stacey-abrams-virginia-kavanaugh/

But yet, because 'she knows Joe Biden' that's proof enough of his innocence.

The spin on this by our resident leftists defending the blatant double standard and hypocrisy should make the Maytag man proud.

MTP Reggie
these-are-not-the-droids-your-looking-for-move-along.png

erp

She just, without a doubt, proved she can be bought.

Thing is, gave up the goods with the hope for a payout. What does that say about how she would govern? It says she is a gullible fool.

What a cheap sell out.

LongKnife

She just, without a doubt, proved she can be bought.

Thing is, gave up the goods with the hope for a payout. What does that say about how she would govern? It says she is a gullible fool.

What a cheap sell out.

Yeah, but...mmm...racist!

GrimV
"I believe that women deserve to be heard and I believe that they need to be listened to," Abrams said Tuesday night. "But I also believe that those allegations have to be investigated by credible sources.

The complete 180 we've seen from Douchebag Dems lately is rather comforting.

And I whole heartily agree, Stacy. Allegations should be investigated, while the accused remains innocent til proven guilty.

But see, the problem is...

I've always believed that. And will continue regardless of who's accused. I'm willing to wager you can't say the same.

Call it a "gut feeling".

The 'New York Times' did a deep investigation and they found that the accusation was not credible.

See, this is where you lose me. Although, in fairness, it's one of the most Liberal comments ever, but still -- "Trial by Media" is not actually a thing. We have judges and juries for a reason, to ensure people aren't wrongly convicted.

Yes, yes -- I know. "Wrongly convicted" is not a concern when the balance of the Supreme Court is at stake, and a speedy "Trial by Media" provides a dose of instant gratification. Problem is, "accuracy" is no longer a journalistic tenet, along with a convenient disregard for Constitutional protections.

AntiObama

I'm waiting for Joe Biden to challenge Tara Reade to a push-up contest back behind the gym.

mjperry51

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams appeared on CNN Tuesday night and defended presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden from sexual assault allegations by a former Senate aide. Abrams, who is openly campaigning for vice president, said the former vice president is telling the truth and this did not happen and she supports the campaign's approach to the allegation made by Tara Reade. Abrams added Biden will make "women proud."

"I believe that women deserve to be heard and I believe that they need to be listened to," Abrams said Tuesday night. "But I also believe that those allegations have to be investigated by credible sources. The 'New York Times' did a deep investigation and they found that the accusation was not credible. I believe Joe Biden. I believe that he is a person who demonstrated that his love of family, his love of our community, has been made perfectly clear through his work as a Congressional leader and as an American leader."

"I know Joe Biden and I think he's telling the truth and this did not happen," she added.

"You said you have heard her and heard enough and don't believe her. You believe Joe Biden," Lemon said.

"What I'm saying is the 'New York Times' investigation of her allegations, the 'New York Times' investigation doesn't support the accusation against the vice president," Abrams said. "I believe the Biden I know. And I think he will make women proud he will make America proud."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Most of the commenters on Real Clear Politics assume this is a suck-up by Stacey Abrams in pursuit of the Vice-Presidential nomination. If so, then I would like to get the opinions of Right Nation readers on how well Abrams would fare as a Vice-Presidential nominee and as a Vice-President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3zbjHxVVxM

oki

The complete 180 we've seen from Douchebag Dems lately is rather comforting.

And I whole heartily agree, Stacy. Allegations should be investigated, while the accused remains innocent til proven guilty.

But see, the problem is...

I've always believed that. And will continue regardless of who's accused. I'm willing to wager you can't say the same.

Call it a "gut feeling".

See, this is where you lose me. Although, in fairness, it's one of the most Liberal comments ever, but still -- "Trial by Media" is not actually a thing. We have judges and juries for a reason, to ensure people aren't wrongly convicted.

Yes, yes -- I know. "Wrongly convicted" is not a concern when the balance of the Supreme Court is at stake, and a speedy "Trial by Media" provides a dose of instant gratification. Problem is, "accuracy" is no longer a journalistic tenet, along with a convenient disregard for Constitutional protections.

So a single investigation from a news paper is good enough for these cretins, but NUMEROUS Federal Background checks and investigations over the coarse of 25+ years is worthless. I am sure the the Times called current or former acquaintances, supervisors, character witnesses, teachers, employees, looked at Federal, State and Local criminal databases, arrest record databases, complaint databases etc etc etc. Ask anyone who has or has had a Security Clearance background check, they will tell you. The rubber gloved finger is nothing in comparison. If there is so much as a freaken' parking ticket from thirty years ago they will find it.

Alexis

The NYT did a "deep investigation"...! Well, I guess that settles it.

NYT investigator: Mr. Biden, did you sexually molest this woman?

Joe Biden: Huh?

Not guilty! Case closed!

NH Populist

Welp, at least in Tara Reade's case, one Lefty's seen the light. Too bad the rest of the Idiots who claim to be Democrats are too bleepin' stupid to see the obvious...

CHANG

Seems to me Fatty wants that VP slot so bad she can taste it.

GrimV

Oh, Stacy.

Here's why "Trial by Media" is a bad idea, and why criminal investigations should be left to the legal profession...

"BuzzFeed reported on the existence of talking points being circulated by the Biden campaign that inaccurately suggest a New York Times investigation found that Tara Reade’s allegation ‘did not happen,'" Danielle Rhoades Ha, the paper's vice president of communications, told the Washington Free Beacon in an email. "Our investigation made no conclusion either way."

Oops.

Looks like your "credible source" just called you a liar.

CHANG

I'm waiting for Joe Biden to challenge Tara Reade to a push-up contest back behind the gym.

The thing about push ups, and sleepy Joe will attest to this, is that you have to come down as close as you can to the floor. About 3 fingers ought to do it. 😜

Dean Adam Smithee

How come whenever I see Abrams I think of BC's "Fat Broad".

This is like "Fat Broad" going after BC.

RedSoloCup

ae828856df0fb93ed161e444cf6bd95a8904df05b6f8bc0aab4f3ccc0364a323.png

d63ee772f06f8db60b0eef3de268352cd2244d6fd79eddaaa0f960b0ca9119e0.png

MontyPython

Sorry, but I cringe at all the "Fat Broad" comments. Seriously, we should be better than that. I despise that woman because she's a stupid, dishonest, racist, corrupt piece of sh*t, NOT because she's physically unattractive. I'd despise her exactly as much even if she was fashion-model-gorgeous.

B)

Severian

Sorry, but I cringe at all the "Fat Broad" comments. Seriously, we should be better than that. I despise that woman because she's a stupid, dishonest, racist, corrupt piece of sh*t, NOT because she's physically unattractive. I'd despise her exactly as much even if she was fashion-model-gorgeous.

B)

If I had a dog that ugly I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards.

Martin

I agree completely. This is an election, not a beauty contest. Here is a quote from Abrams:

The thing of it is, is that blue waves aren’t blue. . . . The blue wave is African-American. It’s white, it’s Latino, it’s Asian, Pacific Islander. It is disabled. It is differently abled. It is LGBTQ. It is law enforcement. It is veterans. It is made up of those who have been told they are not worthy of being here. It is comprised of those who are documented and undocumented.

She is freely admitting that illegal aliens vote in Georgia and elsewhere, and vote Democratic.

How about this:

“…people get shot in the streets because some bigot decided he got to stand his ground.” SecondAmendmentDaily.com,

Stacey Abrams Video

Getting back to my question, how would Stacey Abrams do as a nominee for Vice-President and/or actual Vice-President?

oki

How come whenever I see Abrams I think of BC's "Fat Broad".

This is like "Fat Broad" going after BC.

Thank fully I don't have the image of her face every time the word Abrams comes up. For me it's either the quint little town of Abrams WI(few miles north of Green Bay) or an M1 Abrams Tank.

Speaking of which, the Tank is sure as hell a whole lot better looking than she is. AND... most definitely smarter.