To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Stacey Abrams: Biden Did Not Assault Tara Reade

Rate this topic

Moderator T

I've said it here previously, but Abrams would be a good choice for their base. She'll motivate the voters who want revenge since she had an election stolen from here, plays into the race based identity that matter so much to the left, and she plays into the gender based grievances held by the left. While it won't be Obama levels of motivation to vote, it may get younger voters motivated enough to show up at a bit higher numbers.

Ticked@TinselTown

Yet more proof that this woman does not belong in ANY public office.

Dean Adam Smithee

I've said it here previously, but Abrams would be a good choice for their base. She'll motivate the voters who want revenge since she had an election stolen from here, plays into the race based identity that matter so much to the left, and she plays into the gender based grievances held by the left. While it won't be Obama levels of motivation to vote, it may get younger voters motivated enough to show up at a bit higher numbers.

YUP. But at least a (slight) majority of us here in GA "get it".

WHAT SUCKS is that as the 8th largest state, the Media sees us as something. We're NOT really. Mostly we just want to be left alone. The polls should go bother people in Ohio

BigCliff650

Go away Grimace lol

erp

Stacey Abrams is a political whore no one wants to have economic intercourse with.

She’ll be going home alone, again.

firecoco
95218787-10158232884859817-8340330823836237824-n.jpg

grimreefer

Stacey Abrams is a political whore no one wants to have economic intercourse with.

She’ll be going home alone, again.

gallery_6133_220_4230.jpg

[/thread]

That_Guy

Getting back to my question, how would Stacey Abrams do as a nominee for Vice-President and/or actual Vice-President?

At least as well as Sarah Palin.

LeansToTheRight

Sorry, but I cringe at all the "Fat Broad" comments. Seriously, we should be better than that. I despise that woman because she's a stupid, dishonest, racist, corrupt piece of sh*t, NOT because she's physically unattractive. I'd despise her exactly as much even if she was fashion-model-gorgeous.

B)

:yeahthat:

Well said, Monty!!

LeansToTheRight

95218787-10158232884859817-8340330823836237824-n.jpg

This is absolutely perfect.

ASE

If I had a dog that ugly I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards.

Well, I don't know, maybe I'm just weird, but I don't find her face unattractive, although I have to admit that she is a 'big boned' woman. Hell, if she wasn't a demoncrap, I might even find her somewhat attractive.

(let the trashing/thrashing begin...)

Ticked@TinselTown

Uhm, not even close. Try again.

GrimV

Seriously? No other comment from the man who coined "Her Truth"?

You spent how many weeks cheerleading efforts to completely destroy a man with uncorroborated accusations?

Just gonna pretend it's all a bad dream? Then dutifully return to the #MeToo/#BelieveAllWomen nonsense when uncorroborated accusations are lobbed at another Republican?

I vaguely remember predicting this very response from Douchebag Dems.

Martin

If you can explain why Abrams would do better as a VP candidate than Palin did, without making any racist argument, please do.

ASE

I think Palin would have been a better POTUS than a VPOTUS. The media made her look bad with their usual lies/spin and because she was the VP candidate on the ticket she couldn't speak out against that arsewipe mcstain. I believe she would have been superior to anything mcstain could have done.

oki
Posted (edited)

Let's see what is closer in responsibilities to the Vice President of the United States...

Someone who simply writes a bill here and there(maybe) disccusses it with other members of Congress and then votes on it. Maybe sits on a committee here and there.

OR... someone who has the authority to veto bills preventing them from becoming law at the state level.

Has authority over any asset or function operated by the state, such as Police, Attorney General, Forensics Labs, Tax Collection, etc.

They also have authority in regards to appointment or nomination of Judges as well as other positions unless state law requires a vote or different process.

And, in times of emergency such as natural disasters, unrest, or even attack have emergency powers limited only by state and or Federal Law. IE ability to call out state Military(National Guard) and take within state or federal law allowed limits various emergency actions.

Sure sounds a lot like the Federal Government to me.

Tell me again what responsibilities EITHER HOUSE OF CONGRESS has that are like this? Was never really all that great at Civics so it's quite possible my understanding of the responsibilities and gained experience of a Governor vs a Congress member and how it translates over to the President and or Vice President could easily be wrong.

Oh there is more for both jobs, but like I said, Civics was never really one of my strong points, so please enlighten me.

Edited by oki

RedSoloCup

You fail, again.

Martin
Let's see what is closer in responsibilities to the Vice President of the United States...Someone who simply writes a bill here and there(maybe) disccusses it with other members of Congress and then votes on it. Maybe sits on a committee here and there.

Civics was never really one of my strong points, so please enlighten me.

Stacey Abrams never served in Congress. She was a Georgia state legislator for ten years.

By comparison, Sarah Palin served as governor of Alaska for only three years although she also served as mayor of Wasila, Alaska, for six years and held other state and local offices. Furthermore, Abrams has more academic credentials than Palin. Palin holds a B.A. degree, Abrams has a J.D. degree.

Yet, if Biden chooses her as his VP running mate, I doubt it will be because of her academic credentials. It will on account of her race and sex, won't it? That might make sense in a party so given to identity politics although the First Black Female Vice-President hasn't a fraction of the racial glamour of Biden's other running mate, the First Partly Black President.

What I can safely predict is that if he puts her on the ticket and they win, she will say he won because of her and if they lose she will say she lost because of him.

Dean Adam Smithee

Stacey Abrams never served in Congress. She was a Georgia state legislator for ten years.

By comparison, Sarah Palin served as governor of Alaska for only three years although she also served as mayor of Wasila, Alaska, for six years and held other state and local offices. Furthermore, Abrams has more academic credentials than Palin. Palin holds a B.A. degree, Abrams has a J.D. degree.

Yet, if Biden chooses her as his VP running mate, I doubt it will be because of her academic credentials. It will on account of her race and sex, won't it? That might make sense in a party so given to identity politics although the First Black Female Vice-President hasn't a fraction of the racial glamour of Biden's other running mate, the First Partly Black President.

What I can safely predict is that if he puts her on the ticket and they win, she will say he won because of her and if they lose she will say she lost because of him.

Hope to god it never gets there.

Stacey Abrams strikes me as a "political creature". By that I mean, most of us citizens would serve if duty called. SHE goes above and beyond, to where I believe she masturbates herself to sleep every night thinking about not the next partner but the next political opportunity.

oki

In short Sarah P. has 9 plus years of executive experience while Abrams has 0. And yeah, your right, if he does choose her it will have zero to do with experience.

Ladybird

I'm not sold (yet) on Abrams as a choice for VP, but I don't think she's wrong to be skeptical of Reade's account here.

Martin
Posted (edited)
I'm not sold (yet) on Abrams as a choice for VP, but I don't think she's wrong to be skeptical of Reade's account here.

Asked by TV interviewer Don Lemon whether she was employing a double standard between Christine Ford's accusations against Brett Kavanaugh and Tara Reade's accusations against Biden, Stacey Abrams said this:

"I believed then and I believe now that women deserve to be heard because too often they are not, and Tara Reade deserved to have her story listened to and investigated. What was happening to Christine Blasey Ford was that there was no investigation -- there was a rush to move the conversation forward so that no investigation was conducted," Abrams said.

But, there was an investigation when Ford accused Kavanaugh. Ford's lawyers complained about it:

Christine Blasey Ford's legal team on Thursday criticized the process surrounding the FBI investigation into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Ford's lawyers on Thursday sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray including the names of eight witnesses they presented to investigators who were not ultimately interviewed. Kavanaugh and Ford were also not interviewed. In the letter to Wray, Ford's lawyers said the "'investigation' conducted over the past five days is a stain on the process, on the FBI and on our American ideal of justice."

You can agree or disagree with Ford's lawyers that the FBI investigation of Ford's accusations was adequate or inadequate. But, to say, as Abrams does, that there was no investigation, is an easily exposed lie.

Edited by Martin

Dean Adam Smithee

In short Sarah P. has 9 plus years of executive experience while Abrams has 0. And yeah, your right, if he does choose her it will have zero to do with experience.

I do see *ONE* similarity between Sarah Palin and Stacey Abrams, from purely a "strategic" standpoint.

In '08, adding Palin to the ticket shored up support for McCain in the Republican base and maybe got a few votes from Republicans that might have otherwise stayed home. But it wasn't 'enough'; I doubt she persuaded a single Democrat to switch sides and vote for McCain. If anything, I know a few moderate Dems who might have voted for a moderate like McCain but were scared off by Palin.

Likewise, same is true for Abrams. Anybody who would vote for Abrams is already a likely Biden voter; she doesn't bring anything to the table except perhaps raising enthusiasm for the votes that he's already getting anyway. It won't be enough.

If Biden is to have a prayer of a chance this fall - And I don't think he does anyway - he needs someone who can help him get back the working-class votes in the swing states, not just shore up the welfare-class votes that he's already got.

zurg

Asked by TV interviewer Don Lemon whether she was employing a double standard between Christine Ford's accusations against Brett Kavanaugh and Tara Reade's accusations against Biden, Stacey Abrams said this:

"I believed then and I believe now that women deserve to be heard because too often they are not, and Tara Reade deserved to have her story listened to and investigated. What was happening to Christine Blasey Ford was that there was no investigation -- there was a rush to move the conversation forward so that no investigation was conducted," Abrams said.

But, there was an investigation when Ford accused Kavanaugh. Ford's lawyers complained about it:

Christine Blasey Ford's legal team on Thursday criticized the process surrounding the FBI investigation into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Ford's lawyers on Thursday sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray including the names of eight witnesses they presented to investigators who were not ultimately interviewed. Kavanaugh and Ford were also not interviewed. In the letter to Wray, Ford's lawyers said the "'investigation' conducted over the past five days is a stain on the process, on the FBI and on our American ideal of justice."

You can agree or disagree with Ford's lawyers that the FBI investigation of Ford's accusations was adequate or inadequate. But, to say, as Abrams does, that there was no investigation, is an easily exposed lie.

BOOM.

To be ignored like it didn’t happen, as leftists always do.