To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Barack Obama Goes Golfing After Michelle Said Stay Home

Rate this topic

kestrel

I know I'm supposed to be all out raged by what some people would define as a "Rule's for thee but not for me" Typical leftest sanctimonious sermonizing but for some reason I'm not...I'm glad the guy got a chance to get the hell out of the house (and all that this might entail:):) and have some fun...Once again I have to admit that Barack is leading the way!..Let's be like Barack! Say "HELL NO"! to the nattering nabobs of nogolfforyou..that they can just...TEE OFF and now therefore officially propose to usher in a new direction in liberty (and golf..don't forget Golf!) The "Tee Party"..Seriously though I don't blame the guy at all...can you imagine being trapped in a 15 million dollar mansion with a bunch of angry liberal gals..."Shudder!"

Kestrel...

pjmedia.com

Barack Obama Goes Golfing After Michelle Said Stay Home

Matt Margolis On Friday, two PSAs featuring former first lady Michelle Obama urging African Americans to stay home in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus were released. Prominent African American radio hosts who have nationally syndicated shows shared the PSAs.

“Hi everybody, it’s Michelle Obama. Our communities are among the hardest hit by the coronavirus, and we’ve got to do everything we can to keep each other safe,” says the former first lady in the 30-second PSA. “And that means staying home because even if we are not showing any symptoms, we can still spread the virus to others. Let’s keep each other safe by just staying home. Thank you so much and God bless.”

Apparently, her husband didn’t get the memo. The day after the PSAs were released, Barack Obama was seen playing golf at Robert Trent Golf Club in Gainesville, Virginia. Politico Playbook reported on Sunday:

SPOTTED:
Former President Barack Obama playing golf at Robert Trent Golf Club in Gainesville, Va., Saturday afternoon.

The Robert Trent Jones Golf Club is a private, member-owned golf club and is at least a 45-minute drive from the Obamas’ home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Membership at the club is by invitation only, according to its website. When Obama joined the club in 2017, an anonymous source told CNN that annual membership fees and dues to the club are about $15,000—though every former U.S. president reportedly has an honorary membership and those fees are waived.

Politico did not seem at all interested that Barack Obama was not staying at home to keep others safe.

Meanwhile, the rest of us little people are under threat of arrest and/or fines for nonessential travel or for violating social distancing practices. In Idaho, for example, a mother was arrested for taking her child to a closed playground.

It’s not surprising that the Obamas are typical Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do Liberals, but, come on! A day after MO says “stay home” to be safe, BO goes out golfing? Seriously? Of course, this is the same guy who went golfing the same day that his administration declared the H1N1 a public health emergency, so I guess it makes sense. But, seriously, imagine if Donald Trump did what Obama did. He’d never hear the end of it. Barack Obama needs to be called out for his blatant disregard for, as Michelle Obama would say, not “keeping us safe.”

_____

Matt Margolis is the author of Trumping Obama: How President Trump Saved Us From Barack Obama’s Legacy and the bestselling book The Worst President in History: The Legacy of Barack Obama. You can follow Matt on Twitter @MattMargolis

Ticked@TinselTown

If Reggie Love had said stay home, he woulda been set and cozy in the den with a cocktail watching Netflix...

Hieronymous

Finally Obama does a normal guy thing...

Ladybird

Is this not the 'thing' that the right accused Obama doing the majority of his entire presidency?

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)

Is this not the 'thing' that the right accused Obama doing the majority of his entire presidency?

:dramaqueen:

If Reggie Love had said stay home, he woulda been set and cozy in the den with a cocktail watching Netflix...

:yes:

:biglaugh:

He swings like a girl though...

Edited by RedSoloCup

LeansToTheRight

You tell him, lap dog!!

kestrel
Posted (edited)

Nope! President Obama was NOT accused by "the right" of doing normal guy stuff for the majority of his entire presidency

image5315829x.jpg

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

Ladybird

Nope! President Obama was NOT accused by "the right" of doing normal guy stuff for the majority of his entire presidency

image5315829x.jpg

Kestrel...

Ah yes, the gay fantasies from the fringier part of the right about the first couple's sex life and the source of their children. Hope it's not still keeping folks up at night.

MontyPython

I couldn't care less whether he plays golf. I didn't care about it when he was president either, just as I don't care when Trump plays golf.

For me the only issue here is the hypocrisy of expecting everybody else to "shelter at home" and never leave the house except for genuine essentials like food or medicine, then going out to the country club and playing golf. "For thee but not for me".

That's my only problem with it.

<_<

Magic Rat

I couldn't care less whether he plays golf. I didn't care about it when he was president either, just as I don't care when Trump plays golf.

For me the only issue here is the hypocrisy of expecting everybody else to "shelter at home" and never leave the house except for genuine essentials like food or medicine, then going out to the country club and playing golf. "For thee but not for me".

<_<

I agree. I don't see why golf courses are included in the "social distancing" thing anyway. But the hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a cheese knife.

Taggart Transcontinental

You know cowering at home only applies to us conservatives and the ignorant leftists? The people in power have every right to relax wherever they want.

kestrel

Ah yes, the gay fantasies from the fringier part of the right about the first couple's sex life and the source of their children. Hope it's not still keeping folks up at night.

Sorry folks I'm still learning this stuff about leftists and how they "project" their own psychological idiosyncrasies at their political opponents to denigrate them and virtue signal their own saint-like righteousness in social matters..is this that? and L/B if you really have these...feelings you don't have to justify yourself to us..you should not be judged for things you can't help.

Kestrel...

SARGE

I agree. I don't see why golf courses are included in the "social distancing" thing anyway. But the hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a cheese knife.

Neither do I.

Washington's idiot governor also banned fishing.

Oregon's confused governor closed fishing to non-residents because Washingtonians were crossing the border to fish here.

Ladybird

Golf course are open in Virginia.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/heres-a-state-by-state-breakdown-of-where-golfs-allowed-and-where-it-isnt

The shelter at home orders in Virginia don't not prohibit outdoor activities:

1. All individuals in Virginia shall remain at their place of residence, except as

provided below by this Order and Executive Order 53. To the extent individuals

use shared or outdoor spaces, whether on land or on water, they must at all times

maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, with the

exception of family or household members or caretakers. Individuals may leave

their residences for the purpose of:

a. Obtaining food, beverages, goods, or services as permitted in Executive

Order 53;

b. Seeking medical attention, essential social services, governmental

services, assistance from law enforcement, or emergency services;

c. Taking care of other individuals, animals, or visiting the home of a family

member;

d. Traveling required by court order or to facilitate child custody, visitation,

or child care;

e. Engaging in outdoor activity, including exercise, provided individuals

comply with social distancing requirements;

f. Traveling to and from one’s residence, place of worship, or work;

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-55-Temporary-Stay-at-Home-Order-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf

Magic Rat

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/heres-a-state-by-state-breakdown-of-where-golfs-allowed-and-where-it-isnt

1. All individuals in Virginia shall remain at their place of residence, except as

use shared or outdoor spaces, whether on land or on water, they must at all times

Order 53;

member;

d. Traveling required by court order or to facilitate child custody, visitation,

or child care;

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-55-Temporary-Stay-at-Home-Order-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus-(COVID-19).pdf

I realize that. They are in Arizona too. My brother has been rubbing it in with photos of himself and a few of our pals almost every day. The point is, the Obamas are narcissistic hypocrites. This is undeniable. Normally, I wouldn't care but they insist on inserting themselves into every damn thing, they deserve the criticism.

Magic Rat

Neither do I.

Washington's idiot governor also banned fishing.

Oregon's confused governor closed fishing to non-residents because Washingtonians were crossing the border to fish here.

Inslee is a moron. Next to DeBlasio, he's the dumbest political figure in the country. He's even dumber than Patty Murray. He'll get re-elected too.

Tikk

Order 53;

member;

or child care;

One problem: Barak Obama is not a resident of Virginia.

He is a resident of Washington D.C. which is under a stay at home order.

Which has the following penalty for defying the order (e.g. non-essential travel)

Any individual who willfully violates the stay-at-home order may be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000, imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both.

I'm sure he has been tested. And I don't have a problem with him playing golf. But he and his wife damn sure better not lecture anyone on staying home when they aren't.

SARGE

Inslee is a moron. Next to DeBlasio, he's the dumbest political figure in the country. He's even dumber than Patty Murray. He'll get re-elected too.

Kate Brown is giving him serious competition for that distinction.

Hieronymous

Not the golf part, but playing golf when you're wife doesn't want you to. :D

MontyPython

The joke around our house is how much "Inslee" sounds like "Innie". Lemme explain:

Remember as kids how we explained the difference between boys' sex organs and girls' sex organs? Boys had "Outies" and girls had "Innies". So we laugh about how appropriate it is that "Inslee" sounds so much like a childish description of a little girl's sex organs...

:whistle:

Ladybird

Not the golf part, but playing golf when you're wife doesn't want you to. :D

You got me there.. lol

kestrel

dry.gif

I know, I know you're right! I just can't seem to be mad about it...I don't know how large the 15million dollar house is but just imagine being trapped in there with all those angry Liberal Gals and keep in mind the place is right on the Ocean so he's probably limited in the direction he can go...but you're right.

Kestrel...

Ladybird

One problem: Barak Obama is not a resident of Virginia.

He is a resident of Washington D.C. which is under a stay at home order.

Which has the following penalty for defying the order (e.g. non-essential travel)

I'm sure he has been tested. And I don't have a problem with him playing golf. But he and his wife damn sure better not lecture anyone on staying home when they aren't.

According to your link, it saya this:

The Mayor’s Order specifies that residents may only leave their residences to:

engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;

perform or access essential governmental functions;

work at essential businesses;

engage in essential travel; or

engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor’s Order.

<snip>

For the purposes of this Order, the following terms shall mean:

1. “Allowable Recreational Activities” means outdoor activity with household members that complies with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in section IV.8 of this Order, and includes the sanitizing of any equipment used both before and after the activity. Outdoor activities should not be conducted with persons other than those from one’s own household.

Examples: Walking, hiking, running, dog-walking, biking, rollerblading, scootering, skateboarding, playing tennis, golfing, gardening, and other activities where all participants comply with Social Distancing Requirements and there is no person-to-person contact.

He travels with the secret service. I don't know if they are considered members of the household.

Magic Rat

According to your link, it saya this:

The Mayor’s Order specifies that residents may only leave their residences to:

engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;

perform or access essential governmental functions;

work at essential businesses;

engage in essential travel; or

engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor’s Order.

<snip>

For the purposes of this Order, the following terms shall mean:

1. “Allowable Recreational Activities” means outdoor activity with household members that complies with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in section IV.8 of this Order, and includes the sanitizing of any equipment used both before and after the activity. Outdoor activities should not be conducted with persons other than those from one’s own household.

Examples: Walking, hiking, running, dog-walking, biking, rollerblading, scootering, skateboarding, playing tennis, golfing, gardening, and other activities where all participants comply with Social Distancing Requirements and there is no person-to-person contact.

He travels with the secret service. I don't know if they are considered members of the household.

I'm not arguing with you but who in the Hell do these mayors or governors or whatever think they are to issue these orders? I feel like the neighborhood flake with a sandwich board but Jesus, this is setting a terrible precedent. This is going to ruin us.

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

I know, I know you're right! I just can't seem to be mad about it...I don't know how large the 15million dollar house is but just imagine being trapped in there with all those angry Liberal Gals and keep in mind the place is right on the Ocean so he's probably limited in the direction he can go...but you're right.

Kestrel...

Yeah, I see what you mean. No matter how miserable I might be, stuck here in this tiny cramped apartment, at least I don't have to put up with the presence of Michelle Obama!

THAT would be unbearable torture.

:pinch:

Edited by MontyPython