RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Barack Obama Goes Golfing After Michelle Said Stay Home

Rate this topic

Tikk

According to your link, it saya this:

The Mayor’s Order specifies that residents may only leave their residences to:

engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;

perform or access essential governmental functions;

work at essential businesses;

engage in essential travel; or

engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor’s Order.

<snip>

For the purposes of this Order, the following terms shall mean:

1. “Allowable Recreational Activities” means outdoor activity with household members that complies with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in section IV.8 of this Order, and includes the sanitizing of any equipment used both before and after the activity. Outdoor activities should not be conducted with persons other than those from one’s own household.

Examples: Walking, hiking, running, dog-walking, biking, rollerblading, scootering, skateboarding, playing tennis, golfing, gardening, and other activities where all participants comply with Social Distancing Requirements and there is no person-to-person contact.

He travels with the secret service. I don't know if they are considered members of the household.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with him playing golf. What I do have a problem with is being lectured by his wife to stay at home when he isn't.

It's a bad example. Which is what leaders don't do. Trump has left the White House one time to see off a medical ship to help New York City.

kestrel
Posted (edited)

I realize that. They are in Arizona too. My brother has been rubbing it in with photos of himself and a few of our pals almost every day. The point is, the Obamas are narcissistic hypocrites. This is undeniable. Normally, I wouldn't care but they insist on inserting themselves into every damn thing, they deserve the criticism.

I thought the Obama's lived on their Martha's Vineyard Estate?...if so then they are subject to Massachusetts law...

Kestrel...

Edited by kestrel

zurg

Like I said, I don't have a problem with him playing golf. What I do have a problem with is being lectured by his wife to stay at home when he isn't.

It's a bad example. Which is what leaders don't do. Trump has left the White House one time to see off a medical ship to help New York City.

Exactly. If Michelle had pointed out that "stay at home" doesn't mean EXACTLY stay indoors all the time, never venture out, but that going for a walk or a round of golf are okay, that would be one thing. Like everyone has said, it's not the activity, its the hypocrisy. But that comes so naturally to leftists, they probably don't even get it.

Ticked@TinselTown

Is this not the 'thing' that the right accused Obama doing the majority of his entire presidency?

He DID do it during the majority of his presidency, between his vacations. THAT WAS the problem.

Now, he's not the POTUS, so he can do whatever he wants with his free time.

But, you knew that.

Magic Rat

I thought the Obama's lived on their Martha's Vineyard Estate?...if so then they are subject to Massachusetts law...

Kestrel...

They should. It's beautiful but they are way too important to stay there. The world needs them.

kestrel

They should. It's beautiful but they are way too important to stay there. The world needs them.

We be needing that Hope and Change!

Kestrel...

Buckwheat Jones

Is this not the 'thing' that the right accused Obama doing the majority of his entire presidency?

Yes, but of course you can see the problem in the timing.

Ladybird

Exactly. If Michelle had pointed out that "stay at home" doesn't mean EXACTLY stay indoors all the time, never venture out, but that going for a walk or a round of golf are okay, that would be one thing. Like everyone has said, it's not the activity, its the hypocrisy. But that comes so naturally to leftists, they probably don't even get it.

Michelle Obama isn't setting policy or giving orders. It was advice and encouragement to stay home and inform the residents of free testing... Anyone who read the mayors 'stay-at-home' policy would know what they can and cannot do.

Ladybird

Kestrel...

They live in DC and, I think, Hawaii.

zurg

Michelle Obama isn't setting policy or giving orders. It was advice and encouragement to stay home and inform the residents of free testing... Anyone who read the mayors 'stay-at-home' policy would know what they can and cannot do.

It's more like: busted! It's funny that YOU, who NEVER stops looking for an opportunity to

1. find moments of contradiction by Trump, and
  2. subsequent moments of hypocrisy by his supporters,

that now YOU, after other people

1. find a moment of contradiction by the Obamas, then you
  2. engage in a subsequent moment of hypocrisy

and pretend it's nothing.

Buckwheat Jones

Well why should anyone take her advise when her husband is blatantly ignoring it?

JerryL

A leftist will never, ever, Ever, EVER admit the blatant and transparent hypocrisy of thier gods rulers masters leaders.

Here was a perfect opportunity to say, "If Michelle was going to use her positional power as the former First Lady and, in some circles, potential VP or even future presidential candidate to encourage people to stay at home, then Barry should have stayed at home. Yes, this is hypocritical on their part."

No one cares if Barry plays golf. He is no longer president so if he wants to extend his "endless summer" vacation beyond the WH, go for it. But if you are going to do so during the COVID restrictions, tell your family to STFU and quit telling others what to do.

Ladybird

Well why should anyone take her advise when her husband is blatantly ignoring it?

She was working with the mayor to get the message out about staying home and where to turn if residents feel they are symptomatic.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/495268-michelle-obama-records-robocalls-urging-dc-residents-to-stay

The mayor has a detailed set of guideline, which Tikk linked to.

kestrel

https://www.forbes.c...e/#63b577892286

Their marthas-vineyard-estate.

L/B said they live in D.C. and Hawaii..its no wonder! Who could possibly live in a little shack like that?

Kestrel...

Buckwheat Jones

She was working with the mayor to get the message out about staying home and where to turn if residents feel they are symptomatic.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/495268-michelle-obama-records-robocalls-urging-dc-residents-to-stay

The mayor has a detailed set of guideline, which Tikk linked to.

I get that, but the question stands.

kestrel

Kestrel...

So Sorry! I can't believe I wrote the above: "subject to Massachusetts law" ..Uh huh!

Kestrel...