Sign in to follow this  
Ticked@TinselTown

'Nothing can cover up how he failed': Biden rips Trump ahead o

Rate this topic

Ticked@TinselTown

'Nothing can cover up how he failed': Biden rips Trump ahead of Phoenix visit

ArizonaAC - Yvonne Wingett Sanchez, Arizona Republic - link

<excerpted>

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden ripped President Donald Trump’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic ahead of Trump's Tuesday visit to Phoenix, saying he worsened the health crisis by denying expanded insurance coverage.

Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, hit Trump for not opening enrollment in the Affordable Care Act, as Gov. Doug Ducey recommended.

In a statement first shared with The Arizona Republic, Biden, a former vice president, said Trump’s visit to the battleground state of Arizona would not distract from his failure to respond to the spread of the deadly coronavirus, which has killed at least 65,000 people in the U.S., infected more than 1 million and shut down most of the nation’s economy.

*snip*

And adding more people to entitlement programs is going to help the nation's economy how, Joey?

Big Dave

Progressives can never answer when you ask them how he failed, given that the models all said millions would die and we may reach 100,000 deaths. Based on those experts, he's a hero, but they keep blathering about his failure. All those clips showing him doing something--travel ban, task force, etc.--versus their insustence that there was nothing to worry about, his ban was racist, etc., will come in handy in the Fall.

Dean Adam Smithee

Biden reminds me of an almost-dead fish in an aquarium. Still alive but not quite swimming right and your know it is only a matter of time.

AntonToo

Progressives can never answer when you ask them how he failed, given that the models all said millions would die

The models said millions will die if we do nothing. Governors did do something - they put in place stay at home orders, have shutdown non-essential business, and gave essential business guidelines to reduce spread. Should we credit Trump for that?

Trump failed the leadership test during this critical time.

He keeps placing one bad bet after another, keeps running his ignorant mouth, keeps misinforming the public, and is completely unable to take any responsibility for ANYTHING. In the fourth year of Trump's presidency the buck stops with Obama, Democrats, or China.

He has made one good decision by Feb to put in some travel restrictions for those that were in China recently, but he followed it up with month-long denials and politicization as China was shutting down it's cities and economy.

Instead of uniting and inspiring this nation to meet the challenges, he spent his time on grievances about how unfair media is to him and how this is somehow tied to Democrats impeaching him.

On Feb 25 Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases was testifying to Congress about incoming pandemic: “It’s not a question of if this will happen but when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illnesses,”

Trump was close to firing her for that testimony and this is what he was saying to America next day:

Winning.jpg

Natural Selection

He keeps placing one bad bet after another, keeps running his ignorant mouth, keeps misinforming the public, and is completely unable to take any responsibility for ANYTHING. In the fourth year of Trump's presidency the buck stops with Obama, Democrats, or China.

He has made one good decision by Feb to put in some travel restrictions for those that were in China recently, but he followed it up with month-long denials and politicization as China was shutting down it's cities and economy.

Instead of uniting and inspiring this nation to meet the challenges, he spent his time on grievances about how unfair media is to him and how this is somehow tied to Democrats impeaching him.

TIMELINE: THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S DECISIVE ACTIONS TO COMBAT THE CORONAVIRUS

AntonToo

Oh yes, you go ahead and try to spread that "decisive actions" bs.

But Americans were here for this Trump show, they know better. While some in the administration knew better and were scrambling to do something about it our POTUS was dragging his feet, spreading wishful thinking, making it about himself and otherwise failing to rise to the occasion.

Dutch13
Posted (edited)

I know that I will get the mandatory "you are suffering from TDS", but Anton is winning this thread so far.  I hope somebody can definitively argue it better than simply posting "THE TIMELINE".

Edited by Dutch13

RedSoloCup

Oh STFU China Joe.

Trump's going to squash you like a bug. :coolshades:

Oh yes, you go ahead and try to spread that "decisive actions" bs.

But Americans were here for this Trump show, they know better. While some in the administration knew better and were scrambling to do something about it our POTUS was dragging his feet, spreading wishful thinking, making it about himself and otherwise failing to rise to the occasion.

:crybaby2:

ORANGEMANBAD!!!!

The models said millions will die if we do nothing. Governors did do something - they put in place stay at home orders, have shutdown non-essential business, and gave essential business guidelines to reduce spread. Should we credit Trump for that?

On Feb 25 Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases was testifying to Congress about incoming pandemic: “It’s not a question of if this will happen but when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illnesses,”

Trump was close to firing her for that testimony and this is what he was saying to America next day:

Winning.jpg

:yawn:

Pay up or shut up.

Progressives can never answer when you ask them how he failed, given that the models all said millions would die and we may reach 100,000 deaths. Based on those experts, he's a hero, but they keep blathering about his failure. All those clips showing him doing something--travel ban, task force, etc.--versus their insustence that there was nothing to worry about, his ban was racist, etc., will come in handy in the Fall.

:exactly:

Natural Selection

I know that I will get the mandatory "you are suffering from TDS", but Anton is winning this thread so far.  I hope somebody can definitively argue it better than simply posting "THE TIMELINE".

This thread is about the timeline of Trump's covid-19 actions. How can it be argued better than by posting the actual timeline?

Coach

Winning.jpg

Natural Selection
While some in the administration knew better and were scrambling to do something about it our POTUS was dragging his feet, spreading wishful thinking, making it about himself and otherwise failing to rise to the occasion.

You have no idea what Trump is doing out of the public eye. All you know is what your propaganda gods feed you.

By the way, has it occurred to you that everyone in the Trump administration reports to Trump in one way or another? That includes the CDC, who reports to HHS. The HHS Secretary was appointed by Trump and is in Trump's Cabinet.

Coach

Winning.jpg

Messonnier was repeating the same stats and reality that had existed for far longer than President Trump's tenure. Review of statements and reactions by statistical and medical experts leading up to and even after Trump's ban on Chicom travelers prove that he was actually the only one taking the threat seriously. The CDC, like all bureaucracies, was woefully unprepared and is still more interested in covering their collective asses than solving problems. That's why they keep moving the goal posts.

You are more than a useful idiot to them, you are a fellow traveler.

MontyPython

This thread is about the timeline of Trump's covid-19 actions. How can it be argued better than by posting the actual timeline?

*DING*DING*DING*

And there's one thing Anton is indeed right about: Americans have been here throughout this whole thing, watching for themselves how the Democrats have behaved right from the start, not letting "a crisis go to waste", loading up spending bills with useless but expensive pet issues, twisting facts and skewing statistics, blaming everybody except the guilty, etc...

And most noteworthy of all, how they hope lots of people will die, millions will lose jobs, many never able to return to their jobs because their former bosses were bankrupted too, people lives are ruined, savings and 401ks and kids college funds are lost, and plenty more, ALL BECAUSE THEY WANT TRUMP TO LOOK BAD.

Democrats are slime. And I hereby publicly apologize to slime everywhere for the unfavorable comparison.

<_<

GrimV

Quotes from the alternative leadership

1. "[N]ow [Trump’s] adding more countries to his list of who’s not welcome in America. It’s not who we are — and we’ll prove that when we beat Trump this November and end the ban."

2. "Yesterday, Donald Trump further diminished the United States in the eyes of the world by expanding his travel ban, placing new restrictions on the residents of six more nations that limit who is allowed to come to the United States."

3. "Trump’s atrocious asylum and refugee policies — they are all designed to make it harder for black and brown people to immigrate to the United States. It’s that simple. They are racist. They are xenophobic. And there is no evidence that they do anything to make us safer."

4. "We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering."

5. "We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

SOURCE

*NOTE: As late as March 12th Biden was *STILL* criticizing Trump's travel bans. How is the alternative leadership any better?

How 'bout these mad leadership skilz?

deblasio-3-2.png

barbot-2-9.png

barbot-4-1.png

levine-2-9.png

treyger-2-6.png

Everyone's favorite Fake Economist: "Honestly, it sounds almost so silly to say, but there's a lot of restaurants that are feeling the pain of racism. People are literally not patroning Chinese restaurants. They're not patroning Asian restaurants because of just straight-up racism around the coronavirus." -- Patroning

Mayor Says That Healthy People Should Still Be Dining Out

Convince me why I should listen to these leaders.

zurg

What the...?

Anton is winning this thread after posting one thing where he gets facts wrong, and where his blame is misdirected?

I’d respond more fully, but apparently your TDS is blocking neuronal activity in your brain, so I worry that you wouldn’t understand.

Here’s a summary for others:

1. Trump gets credit for organizing the task force

2. Trump gets credit for empowering the task force to do things quickly

3. Trump gets credit for not blocking or censoring anyone, as Dr Fauci has repeatedly stated

4. Trump gets credit for being a good manager and allowing states to run independently - this is efficient and constitutional

5. Trump gets credit for the federal guidance given, by his task force, to various states and their governors

6. Trump gets credit for being also focused on the economy and the upcoming recovery phase

7. Trump gets credit for being an appropriate, positive cheerleader for the nation

8. Trump gets credit for pointing out the obvious hatred and bias from the media, whose questions are always stated in the most negative way possible and never complement any achievements by the administration

9. Trump gets credit for setting the tone to bring back manufacturing, including that of medicines, away from China to USA

10. Trump gets credit for being the opposite of what Anton claims: honest and speaking from the heart with nothing to hide

That’s just off the top of my head, my own experience, watching the end of day press events - that you obviously have not watched or have watched with an already biased mindset.

Dutch13

Because in America people vote. The people that vote have very short attention spans. Which is more effective? Your list or playing Donald Trump's own words during this past three months?

I am going to paraphrase some of his best statements below:

Right now we have 15 cases....and pretty soon it will be zero.

I have a knack for this medicine stuff.

I am getting great ratings (talking about this virus that people are dying from).

What if we inject disinfectant?

----------------------------------------------

If you put your list versus his own words on a scale......he loses pretty badly.

Dutch13
You have no idea what Trump is doing out of the public eye. All you know is what your propaganda gods feed you.

Trump IS the propaganda god and all you have to do is give him the microphone and he will give you plenty of material.

Oathtaker

Well, I don’t know about TDS but there are those who feel they know better even though they lack all the info Trump has...

What would you have done differently?

Do you understand the roles and responsibilities of various levels of government in any type of emergency response?

Do you understand that there is an agreement by government structure down to the municipal level concerning the “five Ws” of responsiveness and responsibility during an event like this?

Do you remember Governors of anti-Trump states praising him for what he did?

Why do you think they did?

Would you consider the poor decisions by New York’s State Government nearing involuntary manslaughter/ negligent homicide vis a vis the order to return infected people back to nursing homes and adult care facilities?

What was Biden’s plan in January? February? Besides the Pavlovian “Truuuuuummmmmpppp!” ?

Dutch13
What the...? Anton is winning this thread after posting one thing where he gets facts wrong, and where his blame is misdirected?

That's just off the top of my head, my own experience, watching the end of day press events - that you obviously have not watched or have watched with an already biased mindset.

Yes, I am going to admit that I have a life. I didn't have two hours a night to devote to President Trump's rall.......Press Briefing.

Unfortunately, for President Trump, most Americans get their news through pop culture. He has given them ample ammo these past few months.

He had the opportunity to lead and instead the chose to make these press briefings into virtual political rallies. Those are designed for the hardcore Trumpists......folks that are a lock to vote for Trump. I would imagine that he lost more undecided than he gained.

Dutch13
Well, I don't know about TDS but there are those who feel they know better even though they lack all the info Trump has..

What would you have done differently? Do you understand the roles and responsibilities of various levels of government in any type of emergency response?

Do you understand that there is an agreement by government structure down to the municipal level concerning the "five Ws" of responsiveness and responsibility during an event like this?

Do you remember Governors of anti-Trump states praising him for what he did?

Why do you think they did?

Would you consider the poor decisions by New York's State Government nearing involuntary manslaughter/ negligent homicide vis a vis the order to return infected people back to nursing homes and adult care facilities?

What was Biden's plan in January? February? Besides the Pavlovian "Truuuuuummmmmpppp!" ?

I understand appearance. I understand how it looks when the President brags about his television ratings at a time Americans are dying. I understand how voters might perceive that. I understand that when you are at war you don't resupply your enemy?

In answer to all your questions, for the sake of brevity I will say no.

GrimV

Nothing says Superior Leadership like a leader who's "at his best" when he remains hidden and says nothing.

nym-5-6.png

ThePatriot

I understand appearance. I understand how it looks when the President brags about his television ratings at a time Americans are dying. I understand how voters might perceive that. I understand that when you are at war you don't resupply your enemy?

I honestly feel sorry for you, Dutch.

As anyone who was paying attention around here during the last presidential election may remember, I was against Trump winning the Republican nomination. Vehemently against it.

But after he was in the White House, I took a "we'll see" approach to judging him as a president.

And while I've never enjoyed listening to him speak, nor have I ever liked his tweets, and his sophomoric name calling, I paid attention to the actions he took as POTUS.

It didn't take long for me to admit I was completely wrong about Trump.

He's not perfect, but he thoroughly impressed me with the job he's done so far and I'm damn glad he's in charge.

His list of accomplishments to date is impressive by any standard.

Oathtaker

Do you understand the longer States continue with edicts that are constitutionally questionable and are fomenting rebellion by continually larger groups of their citizens the narrative of this epidemic will rapidly change?

People are blaming Governors for their financial plight at this point.

If this continues for much longer the “who shot John” over what was done several months ago will be moot.

Only one question will be at the forefront “What have you done for me lately?”.

If by mid-summer the question turns to “How are we going to rebuild the economy?”, it won’t matter who the Dems put up. Trump has proven he can pull the government back to ignite the economy.

Most people will survive this epidemic unscathed. We will take a moment to honor the lost and pray we never see this again but at the end of the day the living need to be able to live on their terms.

The drum that Dementia Joe is banging just wont resonate with regular thinking folk.

Coach

Lock step means never giving Trump credit for anything.