To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ticked@TinselTown

'Nothing can cover up how he failed': Biden rips Trump ahead o

Rate this topic

zurg

Lock step means never giving Trump credit for anything.

Bingo.

Ticked@TinselTown

I honestly feel sorry for you, Dutch.

As anyone who was paying attention around here during the last presidential election may remember, I was against Trump winning the Republican nomination. Vehemently against it.

But after he was in the White House, I took a "we'll see" approach to judging him as a president.

And while I've never enjoyed listening to him speak, nor have I ever liked his tweets, and his sophomoric name calling, I paid attention to the actions he took as POTUS.

It didn't take long for me to admit I was completely wrong about Trump.

He's not perfect, but he thoroughly impressed me with the job he's done so far and I'm damn glad he's in charge.

His list of accomplishments to date is impressive by any standard.

Well said.

While I had no problem casting my vote for Trump, I also wasn't blind to his more outrageous traits, but I've yet to see anyone seeking office who could walk on water, despite what the media might wish to portray.

His accomplishments FOR the American people has been impressive, as has his ability to keep his campaign promises while dealing with the full meltdown of the media and the Democrats who have been coming at him since before the election results were known.

zurg
Posted (edited)

Yes, I am going to admit that I have a life. I didn't have two hours a night to devote to President Trump's rall.......Press Briefing.

Unfortunately, for President Trump, most Americans get their news through pop culture. He has given them ample ammo these past few months.

He had the opportunity to lead and instead the chose to make these press briefings into virtual political rallies. Those are designed for the hardcore Trumpists......folks that are a lock to vote for Trump. I would imagine that he lost more undecided than he gained.

To the contrary, the briefings are only hated by those who already hate Trump and can’t see that it’s the media who are unfair. They are enjoyed by Trump’s supporters AND independents. Read on why.

And since you haven’t watched the media events, how can you know how they went? Oh, you heard it from CNN and CBS, right? Or your local newspaper and NYT, maybe? From other Trump haters, perhaps?

Why don’t you watch a few times and find out how the media questioning goes? Why don’t you deduce for yourself what goes on? Because if you did, maybe, just maybe you’d catch onto the fact that each night the media has a theme, and it is designed for a gotcha.

One night it’s “there’s not enough testing” and all the questions are about the lack thereof, whether there is one or not. All questions start with “how do you respond to the presumed lack of testing in....” or “how do you respond to state so-and-so’s chief medical examiner who stated that the federal government hasn’t sent them the promised testing...” etc etc

Another night it’s “there aren’t enough ventilators” with the same negative questions designed only to make Trump look bad. And after that it’s PPEs and “this hospital doesn’t have enough even for its nurses” while no one acknowledges that on Trump’s initiative the navy hospital boat was made available - no credit to be seen.

To infinity and beyond.

Edited by zurg

JerryL
Posted (edited)

Yes, I am going to admit that I have a life. I didn't have two hours a night to devote to President Trump's rall.......Press Briefing.

Unfortunately, for President Trump, most Americans get their news through pop culture. He has given them ample ammo these past few months.

He had the opportunity to lead and instead the chose to make these press briefings into virtual political rallies. Those are designed for the hardcore Trumpists......folks that are a lock to vote for Trump. I would imagine that he lost more undecided than he gained.

OK Kreskin, please tell me how, if the first bold is true, the outcome for the President would have been any different had he chosen to change the format of his press briefings that you take exception to in the second bold? You state you didn't watch the briefings and you imply that "most Americans" didn't watch either because they get their news through "pop culture." Was the "pop culture" ever going to fairly report anything done by President Trump?

If you answer (honestly) the last question as "no," your post has no meaning.

Edited by JerryL

Noclevermoniker

Oh yes, you go ahead and try to spread that "decisive actions" bs.

But Americans were here for this Trump show, they know better. While some in the administration knew better and were scrambling to do something about it our POTUS was dragging his feet, spreading wishful thinking, making it about himself and otherwise failing to rise to the occasion.

See you shouting at the sky in November, loser.

erp

Because in America people vote. The people that vote have very short attention spans. Which is more effective? Your list or playing Donald Trump's own words during this past three months?

I am going to paraphrase some of his best statements below:

Right now we have 15 cases....and pretty soon it will be zero.

I have a knack for this medicine stuff.

I am getting great ratings (talking about this virus that people are dying from).

What if we inject disinfectant?

----------------------------------------------

If you put your list versus his own words on a scale......he loses pretty badly.

Ok, now do Biden.

Case closed.

erp
Posted (edited)

I know that I will get the mandatory "you are suffering from TDS", but Anton is winning this thread so far.  I hope somebody can definitively argue it better than simply posting "THE TIMELINE".

Antoon gave nothing but media platitudes.

He gave you one good thing Trump did in January, and then proceeded to post a quote from a CDC official, made in February, as if Trump had done nothing. He contradicted himself in his own post. Something Antoon does a lot.

Look, you have three choices. Vote for Trump. Vote for Biden. Or toss your vote away.

I’m voting for Trump. You do you.

Edited by erp

erp
Posted (edited)

Btw, I thought early on that Trump was making a mistake.

Not for his inaction during this crisis. But for his overreaction.

I don’t agree with the shut down. I did agree with the travel bans, however. But I think he got bad advice from the so-called “experts” that everyone said he wasn’t listening to. Nope, he listened, and now the economy is in shambles.

The residual effects of this will be felt harder in the coming months because of this shutdown.

You think it’s bad now? Just wait till people run out of money and companies decide not to bring back the full work force.

With that said, I’m not sure Trump had a choice of NOT shutting it down. The media would have had a field day if he had not and the same amount of deaths happened. Trump has to maneuver his actions in a mine field because of the media and their hatred for all things Trump.

Peoples child like hatred for Trump is hurting this country. And yes, Dutch, that includes you. Maybe it’s time for you to become part of the solution, and not the problem.

I’m mean seriously, is their any logical thinking person who believes Biden would be better? Heck, even illogical thinkers know he’s a basket case.

Edited by erp

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

The models said millions will die if we do nothing. Governors did do something - they put in place stay at home orders, have shutdown non-essential business, and gave essential business guidelines to reduce spread. Should we credit Trump for that?

Trump failed the leadership test during this critical time.

He keeps placing one bad bet after another, keeps running his ignorant mouth, keeps misinforming the public, and is completely unable to take any responsibility for ANYTHING. In the fourth year of Trump's presidency the buck stops with Obama, Democrats, or China.

He has made one good decision by Feb to put in some travel restrictions for those that were in China recently, but he followed it up with month-long denials and politicization as China was shutting down it's cities and economy.

Instead of uniting and inspiring this nation to meet the challenges, he spent his time on grievances about how unfair media is to him and how this is somehow tied to Democrats impeaching him.

On Feb 25 Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases was testifying to Congress about incoming pandemic: “It’s not a question of if this will happen but when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illnesses,”

Trump was close to firing her for that testimony and this is what he was saying to America next day:

Winning.jpg

:biglaugh:

You are a certifiable idiot and liar. :yes:

Posted (edited)

But Americans were here for this Trump show, they know better. While some in the administration knew better and were scrambling to do something about it our POTUS was dragging his feet, spreading wishful thinking, making it about himself and otherwise failing to rise to the occasion.

Not only are you an idiot, you're FOS. :bs:

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I know that I will get the mandatory "you are suffering from TDS", but Anton is winning this thread so far.  I hope somebody can definitively argue it better than simply posting "THE TIMELINE".

No, you are embracing a fellow TDS suffer.

Just like you, birds of a feather.

AntonToo

You have no idea what Trump is doing out of the public eye. All you know is what your propaganda gods feed you.

By the way, has it occurred to you that everyone in the Trump administration reports to Trump in one way or another? That includes the CDC, who reports to HHS. The HHS Secretary was appointed by Trump and is in Trump's Cabinet.

Yep, Trump is a great leader when he is not making an assclown of himself publicly and you know this because...well what else are you going to say when you know he looks like an assclown.

Dutch13
<br />I honestly feel sorry for you, Dutch.

You don't have to feel sorry for me. To anyone that is paying attention, I have made it quite clear that I was wrong and that I will be voting for him in 2020. He has been a good President. That doesn't change anything about who he is personally or who I am personally. I am not going to start cheerleading for a POS.

Frankly, I think his leadership during this crisis has been terrible. His statements, on the whole, have been terrible. There have been some good statements, but those are far outweighed by his petty words and demands for praise.

When I see that list of "accomplishments", I see a list of things that ARE SUPPOSED to be done during a crisis. I see a list of things that government planners have developed over years and people are going down the list and checking them off. He did that part of his job. The other part of his job is leading America.......all 350+ million of us, not just the ones that will vote for him.

Trump supporters keep talking about him winning in a landslide. Yes, he won the electoral college in 2016 by a large margin.......but he barely won several states that could have easily given Hillary the win. Before 2020, I said he would win in a landslide this year. Based on his 2020 performance, Dementia Joe has a slim chance to win. All Joe Biden has to do is avoid talking and let Donald Trump keep talking.

I assume that everyone has noticed the President greatly reduced his nightly press conferences a few weeks ago. Does anybody want to guess why that happened?

zurg

Yep, Trump is a great leader when he is not making an assclown of himself publicly and you know this because...well what else are you going to say when you know he looks like an assclown.

I don’t agree that he’s making an assclown of himself publicly. I think he has handled the covid19 crisis very well, given especially the gotcha environment created by people like you in the media.

Dutch13
Do you understand the longer States continue with edicts that are constitutionally questionable and are fomenting rebellion by continually larger groups of their citizens the narrative of this epidemic will rapidly change?

People are blaming Governors for their financial plight at this point.

If this continues for much longer the "who shot John" over what was done several months ago will be moot.

Only one question will be at the forefront "What have you done for me lately?".

If by mid-summer the question turns to "How are we going to rebuild the economy?", it won't matter who the Dems put up. Trump has proven he can pull the government back to ignite the economy.

Most people will survive this epidemic unscathed. We will take a moment to honor the lost and pray we never see this again but at the end of the day the living need to be able to live on their terms.

The drum that Dementia Joe is banging just wont resonate with regular thinking folk.

I don't disagree with anything that you have said and I hope you are correct. Regardless of politics, America needs that to happen.

zurg
Posted (edited)

I assume that everyone has noticed the President greatly reduced his nightly press conferences a few weeks ago. Does anybody want to guess why that happened?

I’m sure we disagree about the reason why. You blame Trump, I blame the media.

ETA: How would you know better anyway when you don’t watch the media conferences while I do about a third to half the time?

Edited by zurg

Dutch13
Ok, now do Biden.

Case closed.

I agree with you. I am not sure my 3,000 followers on twitter is a wide enough audience to get the message out, though.

The 2020 election will probably be closer than it should be and Trump GAVE the Biden campaign way too much ammo. I said it to the Patriot a few posts back. Biden should not even be in the ballpark of being able to win ANYTHING......yet, he has a slim chance. For Biden to win, he needs to avoid talking while praying that President Trump resumes his nightly press conferences.

Dutch13
Yep, Trump is a great leader when he is not making an assclown of himself publicly.

I don't agree with the premise of Biden's statement in this thread's original article.......but I agree with this part of your statement.

Dutch13
I'm sure we disagree about the reason why. You blame Trump, I blame the media.

ETA: How would you know better anyway when you don't watch the media conferences while I do about a third to half the time.

You didn't say what the reason was?

Natural Selection

Trump is playing you America-hating communists like a virtuoso musician. He'll toss you a little tofu (with bacon bits) to distract you, and while you're screaming at the sky with foam flying out of your mouth, he's renegotiating trade deals, building a few more miles of The Wall, cutting regulations, appointing countless federal judges, killing terrorist leaders, rebuilding the military, creating a thriving economy, clearing the VA backlog with the VA Choice Program, clearing a legal path for mining the moon, and chalking up countless other accomplishments in a never-ending drive to Make America Great Again.

Meanwhile, the person that democrats have chosen to lead them to utopia, Quid-Pro Joe, is worried about "economic intercourse around the world"... :rofl:

You want to see a real assclown? Give Joe Biden a microphone and let him speak for a few minutes. You morons had YEARS to choose the best of the best, and Joe Biden is what you came up with? :rofl:

mjperry51
Posted (edited)

So Anton -- what's your position on Nancy Pelosi telling her constituents to go out to Chinese restaurants? What's your position on deBlasio telling New Yorkers there was nothing to worry about? What's your position on Gov. Cuomo requiring nursing homes to ACCEPT COVID-19 patients?

It's staggering how intellectually vapid you are. . . .

ETA: deBlasio & Cuomo. . .

Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks

Edited by mjperry51

zurg

The 2020 election will probably be closer than it should be and Trump GAVE the Biden campaign way too much ammo. I said it to the Patriot a few posts back. Biden should not even be in the ballpark of being able to win ANYTHING......yet, he has a slim chance. For Biden to win, he needs to avoid talking while praying that President Trump resumes his nightly press conferences.

Sadly, you have learned little to nothing since the last presidential election. You keep looking at polls and media opinion. Those are NOT representative of voter opinion. If you want to believe they are, that’s your choice, but also you’ll need to understand that’s one major reason your opinion gets pushback here and is mostly discarded, however much you wish it weren’t so.

I understand that you think you are the reasonable one here. I’m expressing to you that you’re mistaken in that observation. That’s just how it is; I can’t change your mind; I can’t change your belief; but you can’t change reality either by stating something that most people don’t buy.

zurg

You didn't say what the reason was?

You first. Why has he reduced the appearances?

MontyPython

Trump is playing you America-hating communists like a virtuoso musician. He'll toss you a little tofu (with bacon bits) to distract you, and while you're screaming at the sky with foam flying out of your mouth, he's renegotiating trade deals, building a few more miles of The Wall, cutting regulations, appointing countless federal judges, killing terrorist leaders, rebuilding the military, creating a thriving economy, clearing the VA backlog with the VA Choice Program, clearing a legal path for mining the moon, and chalking up countless other accomplishments in a never-ending drive to Make America Great Again.

Meanwhile, the person that democrats have chosen to lead them to utopia, Quid-Pro Joe, is worried about "economic intercourse around the world"... :rofl:

You want to see a real assclown? Give Joe Biden a microphone and let him speak for a few minutes. You morons had YEARS to choose the best of the best, and Joe Biden is what you came up with? :rofl:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kestrel

You first. Why has he reduced the appearances?

Just give him a "Trump Sux Trump Sux Rah Rah rah..and it will make him feel better...Plus I gotta ask the question "why" does he spend so much time on here (when he could be at DU or Daily Kos) when he "has a life"..kinda reminds me of a teen aged girl denying she like boys.

Kestrel...