To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa

Fox News Host Calls on Healthy People to Get Infected With Coronavirus

Rate this topic

Lisa

Fox News Host Calls on 'Healthy People' to 'Have Some Courage' and Get Infected With Coronavirus

Justin Baragona

The Daily Beast

May 7, 2020

Excerpt:

Fox News host Pete Hegseth, an informal Trump adviser who was once considered to run the Veterans Affairs administration, on Thursday called upon healthy Americans to "have some courage" and leave their homes to get infected by the coronavirus in order to help attain "herd immunity."

Broadcasting from what appeared to be his home, Hegseth—serving as the female-centric Fox News panel show Outnumbered's lone male host—weighed in on President Donald Trump using the term "warriors" to describe the American people as he pushes for the country's economy to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic and the possibility of a surge in deaths.

Saying he didn't necessarily "love the warrior talk" because he thinks of that word describing "guys and gals that risk their life voluntarily to go to the most dangerous places in the world," Hegseth went on to applaud that "kind of ethos and that spirit to put freedom before fear."

After warning that there was a "lot of misinformation" out there from "experts" about coronavirus, Hegseth—who proudly declared last year that he hadn't washed his hands in 10 years—then said the public needs to get out and mingle.

"Now that we are learning more, herd immunity is our friend," he exclaimed. "Healthy people getting out there—they are going to have to have some courage!"

Hegseth appears to be referencing Sweden's experiment with allowing most businesses—including restaurants and bars—to stay open amid the pandemic in an effort to achieve herd immunity, in which a large section of lower-risk populations becomes infected in order to eventually stem the spread. The country, however, has seen a much higher death rate than the surrounding countries that embraced stricter social-distancing restrictions.

Epidemiologists from Johns Hopkins, meanwhile, have laid out just how deadly a push for herd immunity would be for the nation.

"To reach herd immunity for COVID-19, likely 70% or more of the population would need to be immune," they wrote. "Without a vaccine, over 200 million Americans would have to get infected before we reach this threshold. Put another way, even if the current pace of the COVID-19 pandemic continues in the United States – with over 25,000 confirmed cases a day – it will be well into 2021 before we reach herd immunity. If current daily death rates continue, over half a million Americans would be dead from COVID-19 by that time."

Full Article

LeansToTheRight

I see nothing wrong with what he actually said.

Lisa

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that Trump was planning on some rallies starting next month, so that should help.

Hieronymous

On another forum I was reminded of something from when I was a kid. If a kid in the neighborhood got chicken pox, the other kids would be sent over to that house to get exposure to it as well (chicken pox parties). I remember one at our house when my then 5 year old sister had it. But this happened back in the 70s before the "enlightenment"...

USNJIMRET

Pretty sure that I don't really want to hear ''experts'' from places like Johns Hoskins 'estimating' a damned thing.

Very sick of how every ''model'' and prediction and ''expert'' opinion has proven to be so much fear and panic mongering.

bearded old man

On another forum I was reminded of something from when I was a kid. If a kid in the neighborhood got chicken pox, the other kids would be sent over to that house to get exposure to it as well (chicken pox parties). I remember one at our house when my then 5 year old sister had it. But this happened back in the 70s before the "enlightenment"...

Yep...I remember doing the same back in the late 50's and early 60's when some kid in the neighborhood got measles or German measles.

Ladybird

Yep...I remember doing the same back in the late 50's and early 60's when some kid in the neighborhood got measles or German measles.

My sister almost died from the measles.

I was sent me down south until she got over it.

E Van der Vliet
Posted (edited)

We have become pademipussies.

Which means this virus will plague Us for years to come.

Edited by erp

ThePatriot
Posted (edited)

Everyone who's afraid of covid19 is better off hiding under their beds until their overlords tell them it's safe to come out.

In the meantime, the rest of us need to work to support Barista Morgan Manbun and all his scared little friends.

Edited by ThePatriot

firecoco
Posted (edited)

Everyone's who's afraid of covid19 is better off hiding under their beds until their overlords tell them it's safe to come out.

In the meantime, the rest of us need to work to support Barista Morgan Manbun and all his scared little friends.

This is the land of the free and the home of the brave and it took a woman hairdresser from the great state of Texas to stand up and say FU to these aholes

Edited by firecoco

RedSoloCup

This is the land of the free and the home of the brave and it took a woman hairdresser form the great state of Texas to stand up and say FU to these aholes

:yes:

tailgunner

Was the same for me for German measles. Out of head from the fever. Also had a time with mumps.

MontyPython

Yup, I remember those "parties" too. My family did the same thing. And my wife & I were just discussing this yesterday. Of course, kids today are "sanitized" to death, and as a result have no immunity systems whatsoever.

B)

Hieronymous

Everyone who's afraid of covid19 is better off hiding under their beds until their overlords tell them it's safe to come out.

Lol...

Hieronymous

My brother got them during a family vacation in the Poconos. It didn't make him seriously ill, but my parents made him stay in bed for almost the entire time there. To a kid, that's even worse.

Severian

Was the same for me for German measles. Out of head from the fever. Also had a time with mumps.

I managed to get mumps, chicken pox, and measles (both kinds) without ever having had the benefit of a disease party. Got sick as a dog with all of them.

Ladybird

My brother got them during a family vacation in the Poconos. It didn't make him seriously ill, but my parents made him stay in bed for almost the entire time there. To a kid, that's even worse.

Going down south was even worse, for me. There's a Spike Lee movie called Crooklyn, where the little girl, about 6, is sent down south with relatives she has never met. That was me in Greenwood, South Carolina.

Dean Adam Smithee

THIS is different. You get chicken pox (can't remember if I had it or not as a kid), you don't stand a 10% chance of winding up in the hospital and/or with potentially life-long lung damage over it.

As a kid, I KNOW I've have "mumps". Vague memory of "measles", possibly "German Measles" is that the same? Don't recall Chicken pox but maybe I was too young at the time to remember.

I DO remember my sister having something (fever,chills, something) I had to sleep in the same bed for two or three nights (And NO, you pervs, get your mind off that!) I was maybe 7 YO or 8YO at the time. I was told it was to "keep her warm". Can't remember if it was my younger sister or older, I just remember the 'humiliation' of having to sleep in a "Girl's bed" with pink frilly stuff.

Severian

THIS is different. You get chicken pox (can't remember if I had it or not as a kid), you don't stand a 10% chance of winding up in the hospital and/or with potentially life-long lung damage over it.

As a kid, I KNOW I've have "mumps". Vague memory of "measles", possibly "German Measles" is that the same? Don't recall Chicken pox but maybe I was too young at the time to remember.

I DO remember my sister having something (fever,chills, something) I had to sleep in the same bed for two or three nights (And NO, you pervs, get your mind off that!) I was maybe 7 YO or 8YO at the time. I was told it was to "keep her warm". Can't remember if it was my younger sister or older, I just remember the 'humiliation' of having to sleep in a "Girl's bed" with pink frilly stuff.

Scarred you for life eh? :whistling:

So far in my county, out of the number of diagnosed cases, 30 percent are hospitalized, and almost 3 percent have died. I looked it and the hospitalization rate for influenza I saw was around 15%. Given that Covid and flu numbers of infected are way off (given how few cases of influenza get tested and how we are fairly clueless as to the real exposure rate for WuFlu), it still looks like twice the likelihood of hospitalization, and the WuFlu seems to leave a lot of patients with much more serious problems after they "recover."

Dean Adam Smithee

Scarred you for life eh? :whistling:

So far in my county, out of the number of diagnosed cases, 30 percent are hospitalized, and almost 3 percent have died. I looked it and the hospitalization rate for influenza I saw was around 15%. Given that Covid and flu numbers of infected are way off (given how few cases of influenza get tested and how we are fairly clueless as to the real exposure rate for WuFlu), it still looks like twice the likelihood of hospitalization, and the WuFlu seems to leave a lot of patients with much more serious problems after they "recover."

Mind saying the county? Whisper it in my ear if you have to, via PM. I'm genuinely curious.

Here in Cobb Co, We're about 10% hospitalized and 1% died.

But... we take measures, even if nobody "orders". Just got back from Kroger: ALL employees and MOST customers with masks. And "social distancing" marked on the floor. Their store, their rules, I can do that.

Noclevermoniker

I’m pretty certain that we’ve all been exposed by now.

Noclevermoniker

Major outbreak in my small “home” county in Texas. Virtually all slaughterhouse workers, virtually all Somalis and other assorted enlightened cultures.

LeansToTheRight

Hold on. The REASON we all got exposed as kids was so that we WOULDNT get infected as adults. Take away the vaccine, take away herd immunity mentality, and chicken pox becomes a VERY serious problem for adults - particularly the elderly and those with health conditions.

We’ve tried “combatting” Covid19 by trying to keep everyone away from each other. The exact opposite of what we should’ve been doing.

As a kid, you get Covid19, you have a virtual 0% chance of either hospitalization or death.

Magic Rat

I got the chicken pox on the last day of the fourth grade. Nothing is worse for a nine-year-old than spending the first two weeks of Summer vacation indoors.

My ex-wife was Thai and had never had the chicken pox so she got it when my lovely young daughter brought it home from school. It gave her severe fever and chills. She was so dehydrated, she had to spend the night in the hospital. These "childhood" diseases are much worse on adults.

Going down south was even worse, for me. There's a Spike Lee movie called Crooklyn, where the little girl, about 6, is sent down south with relatives she has never met. That was me in Greenwood, South Carolina.

Spike Lee's only good movie.

zurg

Hold on. The REASON we all got exposed as kids was so that we WOULDNT get infected as adults. Take away the vaccine, take away herd immunity mentality, and chicken pox becomes a VERY serious problem for adults - particularly the elderly and those with health conditions.

We've tried "combatting" Covid19 by trying to keep everyone away from each other. The exact opposite of what we should've been doing.

As a kid, you get Covid19, you have a virtual 0% chance of either hospitalization or death.

I think that's a good point. It would possibly (likely? don't know...I guess that's an important detail...) give them immunity, if not for life, for a while. People are not letting that happen because 1) infection to adults, and 2) vaccine coming up in January we're told.

I'm curious, if there is a vaccine (actually, there probably is one now, and the Chinese leadership has it) in the US, how many people will take it.