To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Next Four Months Will Be War Like You've Never Seen, Dems Will Try To Keep Economy Shut Down

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Limbaugh: Next Four Months Will Be War Like You've Never Seen, Dems Will Try To Keep Economy Shut Down
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 12, 2020
Real Clear Politics

<More Surprise Here>

Rush Limbaugh said these next four months are going to be a "veritable war" like we have not seen between Democrats and President Trump. On the Tuesday broadcast of his nationally-syndicated radio program, Limbaugh said Democrats will do their best to keep the economy shut down, expand that shutdown, and to blow up their own country's jobs to ensure a Trump loss in November.

RUSH LIMBAUGH: I’ll tell you something else that’s starting to send red flags up. You probably have already noticed this. All these blue state governors that want to keep their states locked down, it’s purely political. But what are they depending on? They’re depending on the red states — the red states that are opening up! The red states are gonna get the economy kickstarted.

The red states are gonna create capital and money to transfer to pay these people their stupid welfare costs (and whatever else they’re using to bleed this country dry), while their population sits home, doesn’t work, waits for the federal check to show up — and they sit around and they trash the supposedly reckless red states. I cannot tell you how this irritates me.

The red state governors — like Kemp in Georgia and any number of these people — are doing the right thing. They’re trying to get their people back to work, for all the right common-sensical human and humane reasons — to protect lives — to protect livelihoods, the United States economy, the state economy. And then you go to a blue state, and it’s the exact opposite.

They shut down and lock down, and they want to remain locked down until July or August or whatever — and nothing’s gonna open and nothing is gonna happen. And they fully expect the red states to sit there and essentially pay for it. Folks, I’m gonna tell you, these next four months are gonna be a veritable war like we have not seen.

The American left and the Democrat Party is going to do its best to keep this economy shut down, to extend and expand that shutdown — and blow up their own country’s jobs — just to ensure that Trump loses. But here’s the thing about that. Let’s do a little hypothetical. Let’s say this continues as it is, and let’s say that more and more red states open up and the economy in these states starts to return and revive

The blue states stay locked down. These are populous places — New York, Massachusetts, California. So they stay locked down all for the express purpose of canceling out the increase created by the red states. The economic activity that will happen from the red states going back to work, the blue state governors are gonna try to cancel it out by keeping their people at home.

(snip)

<More Surprise Here>

MontyPython

I'm not a Rush fan. He's just plain too bombastic for my tastes. But he sure hit this particular nail right on the head. It's too obvious and conspicuous to deny (or at least to honestly deny): The Left/Dems/MSM are hoping for the economy to be destroyed, and only because they predict it will help them defeat Trump in November.

Democrats are the lowest order of worthless scum.

<_< <_< <_<

GrimV

They have an election to win, and will gladly ruin millions of lives to achieve their goal.

• Agree (+1) 1

Novaprime
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

I'm not a Rush fan. He's just plain too bombastic for my tastes. But he sure hit this particular nail right on the head. It's too obvious and conspicuous to deny (or at least to honestly deny): The Left/Dems/MSM are hoping for the economy to be destroyed, and only because they predict it will help them defeat Trump in November.

<_< <_< <_<

My mom has always hated him. I understand where he's coming from and his sense of humor. My mother, not so much. Yes, he can be bombastic but it's normally for a reason or purpose. I know terms that are used every day that originated on his show and some of them are downright weird. Restless Leg Syndrome being one of them and I still can't believe that places use it now as a medical term.

As for the topic, I believe that the case can be made that he's more than right in the Left wanted to kill the economy and blame Trump for it. Especially when everything else they've tried is crumbling all around them.

MontyPython
31 minutes ago, Novaprime said:

My mom has always hated him. I understand where he's coming from and his sense of humor. My mother, not so much. Yes, he can be bombastic but it's normally for a reason or purpose. I know terms that are used every day that originated on his show and some of them are downright weird. Restless Leg Syndrome being one of them and I still can't believe that places use it now as a medical term.

As for the topic, I believe that the case can be made that he's more than right in the Left wanted to kill the economy and blame Trump for it. Especially when everything else they've tried is crumbling all around them.

Well I don't "hate" Limbaugh at all. He's just not my cup of tea. Even when I agree with his point, I just can't stand his presentation.

B)

Timothy

It will come down to what happens with the virus.  If the re-openings trigger a massive rise in the number of cases and deaths, the places that held on reopening will keep holding out.  If the re-openings don't trigger a massive rise in the number of cases and deaths, the hold-outs will follow and open up.

The idea that this is some kind of elaborate conspiracy to defeat Trump is childish and stupid.  There are some that will push re-openings no matter what and some that will oppose re-openings no matter what.  But the balance of power is in the middle with those who take both the virus and the economy seriously.

• Haha (+1) 3

Liz
7 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Well I don't "hate" Limbaugh at all. He's just not my cup of tea. Even when I agree with his point, I just can't stand his presentation.

B)

I agree, Limbaugh's not my cup of tea   As a matter of fact, tea isn't my cup of tea either.

MontyPython
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Timothy said:

The idea that this is some kind of elaborate conspiracy to defeat Trump is childish and stupid. 

That's incredibly naïve. While I agree it's not an "elaborate conspiracy" ( :rolleyes: ), it still fits the openly-admitted leftist pattern of "not letting a crisis go to waste". The more damage done to Trump's great economic successes that took place before the virus, the more they believe they can hurt his chances in November.

You can't possibly be too dense to recognize something so conspicuously true.

<_<

Edited by MontyPython

MontyPython
8 hours ago, Liz said:

I agree, Limbaugh's not my cup of tea   As a matter of fact, tea isn't my cup of tea either.

LOL. Yup, same here. Gimme coffee. Or better yet, coffee with a shot of whiskey in it...

;)

zurg
9 hours ago, Timothy said:

It will come down to what happens with the virus.  If the re-openings trigger a massive rise in the number of cases and deaths, the places that held on reopening will keep holding out.  If the re-openings don't trigger a massive rise in the number of cases and deaths, the hold-outs will follow and open up.

The idea that this is some kind of elaborate conspiracy to defeat Trump is childish and stupid.  There are some that will push re-openings no matter what and some that will oppose re-openings no matter what.  But the balance of power is in the middle with those who take both the virus and the economy seriously.

On the elaborate conspiracy: you need to use your observational skills like you do with the virus, to recognize that there absolutely has been and continues to be a wholehearted, illegal effort to get rid of Trump - it is becoming unraveled through the aftermath of Mueller/impeachment/Flynn. Like the virus isn’t the regular flu, the attack against Trump isn’t the regular opposition. It’s illegal use of the FISA court for illegal spying, it’s lying under oath, etc. 

The specific question regarding whether this cadre of people (which is primarily, but not entirely, leftists) is trying to conspire to use the pandemic situation cold heartedly and intentionally to hurt Trump, even at the expense of the American people .... while there’s no proof at the level of the FISA affair, I wouldn’t put it past them. I understand you prefer not to suspect the people you support, until you have to admit it. 

GrimV
10 hours ago, Timothy said:

When did the narrative curiously switch from "flatten the curve" to "no opening without a vaccine"? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
12 hours ago, Timothy said:

You are SO naive. 

Bless your heart.  :comfort:

Timothy
3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

That's incredibly naïve. While I agree it's not an "elaborate conspiracy" ( :rolleyes: ), it still fits the openly-admitted leftist pattern of "not letting a crisis go to waste". The more damage done to Trump's great economic successes that took place before the virus, the more they believe they can hurt his chances in November.

You can't possibly be too dense to recognize something so conspicuously true.

<_<

What you aren't taking into account is that the economic damage hurts them as much as it hurts Trump.

1) It hurts the people they represent.  Politicians are human beings with complex motivations, which includes generally wanting to believe they are doing the right thing for their constituents.
2) It hurts them electorally.  As individuals, they are going to care as much about their own political chances as defeating Trump.
3) The economic damage is gutting tax revenue and creating massive budget shortfalls for city and state leaders to deal with.  In other words, they have a lot less money to spend.

"Not letting a crisis go to waste" would be more applicable to things like pushing for changes to the health care system in response to the virus, pushing for paid sick leave, etc.

The narrative about hurting the economy to hurt Trump is primarily people trying to distract themselves from the fact that there is a virus killing tens of thousands of people.

2 hours ago, zurg said:

On the elaborate conspiracy: you need to use your observational skills like you do with the virus, to recognize that there absolutely has been and continues to be a wholehearted, illegal effort to get rid of Trump - it is becoming unraveled through the aftermath of Mueller/impeachment/Flynn. Like the virus isn’t the regular flu, the attack against Trump isn’t the regular opposition. It’s illegal use of the FISA court for illegal spying, it’s lying under oath, etc. 

The specific question regarding whether this cadre of people (which is primarily, but not entirely, leftists) is trying to conspire to use the pandemic situation cold heartedly and intentionally to hurt Trump, even at the expense of the American people .... while there’s no proof at the level of the FISA affair, I wouldn’t put it past them. I understand you prefer not to suspect the people you support, until you have to admit it. 

See above.

1 hour ago, GrimV said:

When did the narrative curiously switch from "flatten the curve" to "no opening without a vaccine"? 

I've seen a lot more people talking about "no opening without adequate testing" than "no opening without a vaccine".  The "narrative" changed because we've reached a different stage of the outbreak.  I put "narrative" in quotes because there has been a variety of narratives and differences of opinion.

For the record I oppose "no opening without a vaccine".

• Haha (+1) 1

zurg
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Timothy said:

See above.

You’re referring to your response to Monty, but my response was quite different from his and thus your response “see above” cannot apply. 

You specifically didn’t address the fact that there indeed have been proven actions that are no longer presumed conspiracy (revealed by Flynn affair). The claim about COVID19 and certain people using it to hurt Trump is not a fact, it’s supposition, thus more of a charge of conspiracy. 

I understand if you choose to sidestep the other point because it’s very inconvenient for you, but it’s relevant here because it’s an example of where what was presumption of conspiracy has become demonstrated conspiracy. 

Edited by zurg

Jax
3 hours ago, GrimV said:

Oh...long about the time the curve started flattening (and the Imperial College model got "revised" significantly downward.)

• Agree (+1) 1

Diamond369

Goodness..hopefully the Democrats like JFK or LBJ weren't completely so stupid as to "sink the US economy like this.  I know of the evils some of the Dems have stood for way back, but I just recall even Jimmy Carter wanting to bring down our economy to hurt another President like this.  

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, Jax said:

Oh...long about the time the curve started flattening (and the Imperial College model got "revised" significantly downward.)

The left always moves the goalposts.

BTW, I hope you're doing okay? :wave:

• Like (+1) 1

zurg
34 minutes ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

The left always moves the goalposts.

Absolutely part of their MO. 

(That’s not “Missouri”, for any wise crackers.) 

• Like (+1) 1

Severian
2 hours ago, zurg said:

Absolutely part of their MO. 

(That’s not “Missouri”, for any wise crackers.) 

Is a "wise cracker" a good old boy who went to  college other than the Ag school?

MontyPython
5 hours ago, Timothy said:

What you aren't taking into account is that the economic damage hurts them as much as it hurts Trump.

1) It hurts the people they represent.  Politicians are human beings with complex motivations, which includes generally wanting to believe they are doing the right thing for their constituents.
2) It hurts them electorally.  As individuals, they are going to care as much about their own political chances as defeating Trump.
3) The economic damage is gutting tax revenue and creating massive budget shortfalls for city and state leaders to deal with.  In other words, they have a lot less money to spend.

"Not letting a crisis go to waste" would be more applicable to things like pushing for changes to the health care system in response to the virus, pushing for paid sick leave, etc.

The narrative about hurting the economy to hurt Trump is primarily people trying to distract themselves from the fact that there is a virus killing tens of thousands of people.

Oh Timothy, LOL, you're so pollyanna naïve it's almost embarrassing. But I guess that's a requirement to continue supporting Democrats even after their horrific behavior over the past several years.

Yes of course Democrat citizens/voters are being hurt just as badly as everybody else. And the Democrat politicians don't care, because they know the Dem voters will mindlessly fall for the bullsh*t "blaming" Trump for the problems. The more people hurt, including the mindless Democrat partisans who will always blame Trump no matter what, the better the Dems like it.

It's sad that even after all these years you still don't recognize the inherent properties of the party you still blindly support.

:rolleyes:

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
33 minutes ago, Severian said:

Is a "wise cracker" a good old boy who went to  college other than the Ag school?

At least he must be a whitey..... Aggie? Silver-spooned? Not sure.... 

Timothy
On 5/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, zurg said:

You’re referring to your response to Monty, but my response was quite different from his and thus your response “see above” cannot apply. 

You specifically didn’t address the fact that there indeed have been proven actions that are no longer presumed conspiracy (revealed by Flynn affair). The claim about COVID19 and certain people using it to hurt Trump is not a fact, it’s supposition, thus more of a charge of conspiracy. 

I understand if you choose to sidestep the other point because it’s very inconvenient for you, but it’s relevant here because it’s an example of where what was presumption of conspiracy has become demonstrated conspiracy. 

I didn't talk about Flynn because that would open a massive cam of worms and derail the thread.

For the sake of argument let's accept your premise that Democrats will do illegal/unethical things to get rid of Trump.  All of the arguments I listed in response to Monty apply, hence why I said "see above" rather than repeat them.  My point is that it would hurt them at least as much as Trump, hurt their constituents, hurt their own electoral chances, and hurt their policy agenda (budget deficits).  From a self-interested perspective, it would be stupid.

And it would all be for an indirect, tangential end.  There's no guarantee that economic damage from lock-down measures are going to hurt Trump electorally.

Psychologically, it's a lot easier to blame other humans than to blame nature for situations like this because it gives us a greater sense of control.  To blame China or Trump for the outbreak or blame Democrats for the economic damage.  It's a psychologically comforting distraction from the realities of the virus and the unpredictability of nature.  Which isn't to say there aren't very good reasons to criticize any of the human elements.  But we shouldn't ignore nature.

20 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Oh Timothy, LOL, you're so pollyanna naïve it's almost embarrassing. But I guess that's a requirement to continue supporting Democrats even after their horrific behavior over the past several years.

Yes of course Democrat citizens/voters are being hurt just as badly as everybody else. And the Democrat politicians don't care, because they know the Dem voters will mindlessly fall for the bullsh*t "blaming" Trump for the problems. The more people hurt, including the mindless Democrat partisans who will always blame Trump no matter what, the better the Dems like it.

It's sad that even after all these years you still don't recognize the inherent properties of the party you still blindly support.

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't those same Dem voters who would "mindlessly fall" for Democratic politicians blaming Trump be voting Democratic already?  How does it help Democrats to take actions that would only convert the already converted?

Before you talk about anyone showing "blind support", you should do some self-reflection about your own blind hatred.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/18/2020 at 10:57 AM, MontyPython said:

<_< <_< <_<

:exactly:

They would rather see their own country be burnt to the ground, just to stick it to OrangeManBad.

They are sick, disgusting pieces of &lt;censored&gt;.

RedSoloCup
On 5/18/2020 at 10:41 PM, Timothy said:

:yawn:

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Wouldn't those same Dem voters who would "mindlessly fall" for Democratic politicians blaming Trump be voting Democratic already?  How does it help Democrats to take actions that would only convert the already converted?

Before you talk about anyone showing "blind support", you should do some self-reflection about your own blind hatred.

My point isn't that it will help the Dems defeat Trump; My point is that they obviously believe it will help defeat Trump. If the Dems never did anything stupid and/or self-destructive and/or self-defeating in their lunatic quest to harm Trump, we never would've had the sub-moronic "Russia Russia Russia" fiasco, the Mueller fiasco, the Kavanaugh fiasco, the "Quid Pro Quo" fiasco or any of the rest of those mind-bogglingly-stupid witch-hunts the Dems have launched since before Trump was even elected.

As for that final line, really? "I know you are but what am I?" is the best you can trot out? C'mon Timothy, you have an appallingly blind partisan hatred for Trump. Trying to "compare" it to the justifiable hatred of the crooked, corrupt, dishonest, hypocritical bullsh*t the Democrat party is constantly engaged in is just silly.

<_<