To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Barr doesn't expect review of Russia probe will 'lead to a criminal investigation' of Obama and Biden

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Barr doesn't expect review of Russia probe will 'lead to a criminal investigation' of Obama and Biden

CNN

Updated 12:29 PM ET, Mon May 18, 2020

Excerpt:

Washington (CNN)Attorney General William Barr on Monday said Barack Obama and Joe Biden are unlikely to be under criminal investigation in a review of the Russia probe that began in 2016 -- addressing simmering accusations by President Donald Trump against his predecessor and his 2020 opponent.

Barr said he was attempting to curtail the politicization of Justice Department investigations, yet his comments could fan speculation from right-wing commentators.
"Whatever their level of involvement based on the level of information I have today, I don't expect Mr. Durham's work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man," Barr said Monday at a press conference, referring to the US Attorney John Durham's ongoing review of the early Russia investigation, which ultimately led to the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller to examine election interference and coordination with the Trump campaign.
"Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others," Barr added.

Barr also criticized, broadly, using criminal investigations as "a political weapon."
<snip>

• Haha (+1) 1

USNJIMRET

So, once again, a dimocrat gets away with a crime that ANYONE ELSE would be in Federal lock up for??
That someone is a criminal AND a politician does NOT make any prosecution a "political weapon".

Taggart Transcontinental
36 minutes ago, USNJIMRET said:

So, once again, a dimocrat gets away with a crime that ANYONE ELSE would be in Federal lock up for??
That someone is a criminal AND a politician does NOT make any prosecution a "political weapon".

They are all bullet proof in the political sense. I guarantee you Obama has dirt on every leader in Washington. Thus the sycophantic defense by all sides.

WillieChuck

IT's not what you know to be true, its what you can prove.  There aren't any direct ties to them. Their handlers made sure of this.  "Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others," Barr added. So some member(s) of his staff will take the fall "if" it comes to that.  I ain't holding my breath.

MontyPython

The fact that both Obama and Biden (and almost everybody else in that administration) are criminals is beyond honest refutation. The fact that they'll no doubt get away with all those crimes is heartbreaking.

<_<

• Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
4 minutes ago, WillieChuck said:

IT's not what you know to be true, its what you can prove.  There aren't any direct ties to them. Their handlers made sure of this.  "Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others," Barr added. So some member(s) of his staff will take the fall "if" it comes to that.  I ain't holding my breath.

I hope that one of the minions decides they don't want to be the fall guy, and gets a sudden pang of patriotism. . .

AntonToo
40 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

The fact that both Obama and Biden (and almost everybody else in that administration) are criminals is beyond honest refutation.

You getting pumped full of partisan bs and beliving whatever the hell you want to is beyond honest refutation.

The most simple explaination for Barr to think charges against Biden or Obama are unlikely is due to...him not seeing any serious evidence of illegal conduct. DUH.

But nope, Trump's lapdog with full access to everything telling you that is just not good enough, have to come up with some bs about how Barr is carefully protecting the Obama administration :rolleyes:

• Disagree (-1) 4

Liz

Since when are we relying on CNN for our news?

• Agree (+1) 2

mjperry51
6 minutes ago, Liz said:

Who???

• Haha (+1) 1

Liz
1 minute ago, mjperry51 said:

Who???

Exactly.

MontyPython
25 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

You getting pumped full of partisan bs and beliving whatever the hell you want to is beyond honest refutation.

The most simple explaination for Barr to think charges against Biden or Obama are unlikely is due to...him not seeing any serious evidence of illegal conduct. DUH.

But nope, Trump's lapdog with full access to everything telling you that is just not good enough, have to come up with some bs about how Barr is carefully protecting the Obama administration :rolleyes:

LOL

I could enjoy this kind of cluelessly partisan indignation all day long. Say it again, only this time like Daffy Duck.

:lol3:

• Haha (+1) 1

Tikk
27 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

I think the term you are searching for is "plausible deniability".  It when you have enough of a buffer of underlings to where you can claim ignorance. 

But that's OK.  You are so consistently and ubiquitously wrong on almost everything, I would be absolutely stunned that your socks matched at this very moment.

Ladybird
38 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Deep State!!!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 2

kestrel
38 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Kinda like the special prosecutor and the Russia Russia Russia hoax..found nothing on Team Trump?...or are you just projecting praying to the heavens that someone..anyone will pay some attention to you?

Kestrel...

zurg
3 hours ago, AntonToo said:

(First of all, it’s “simplest”, not “most simple“ by the rule that an adjective with two syllables or less takes on the -er and -est forms in comparative expressions. But of course, you said language is not the problem. “I understand that’s your point of view,” to borrow an infamous RN ultra-leftist.) 

Moving right along, this is hilarious. Suddenly, because you feel like it, you KNOW that Obama and Biden are innocent of whatever they’d be accused of even before you hear the evidence, yet at the same time Trump is guilty even after he was acquitted, exonerated, found not guilty of the high crimes and misdemeanors he was accused of. 

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Truly, it does not. I’m not sure how you can live with yourself as such an abject failure of a human (?) form, but apparently you can. 

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, Liz said:

That was EXACTLY my first thought.

The consistent fake organization can rarely put anything that resembles facts or truth out for public consumption.

Ladybird
9 hours ago, MontyPython said:

The fact that both Obama and Biden (and almost everybody else in that administration) are criminals is beyond honest refutation. The fact that they'll no doubt get away with all those crimes is heartbreaking.

<_<

If it's irrefutable, then this administration should be able to prove it. Trump blowing noise to his fans and tweeting in ALL CAPS does not make it true.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Hieronymous
10 hours ago, Liz said:

I saw this story in the Epoch Times.  Obama and Biden may not be touched.  Others may not be so lucky.

Liz
3 minutes ago, Hieronymous said:

I saw this story in the Epoch Times.  Obama and Biden may not be touched.  Others may not be so lucky.

That' the way it looks to be shaping up.    They may catch a few small fish in their nets (probably more by accident)  As far as Obama and Biden are concerned, they may as well be sacrosanct.

• Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

1. I do not trust the media to tell the truth about this. They have lied numerous times before speculating about who will be investigated or charged.

2. I do not trust Barr and have said as much before. He has a crooked past with the DOJ.

3. Trump is most likely having the DOJ to sit on these possible prosecutions until after the election until the political environment is more stable to insure success.

Specs

What AG Barr said is that at this moment Biden and Obama are not the focus. However, he did say this.

“The Durham investigation is trying to get to the bottom of what happened, and it will determine whether there were any federal laws broken, and, if there were, those who broke the laws will be held to account,” Barr said. “But this cannot be and it will not be a tit-for-tat exercise. We are not going to lower our standards to achieve a particular result.”

So, what we can take is that they are not going to pull an Obama and just target democRATs just because, but if the investigation shows criminal activity they will also not overlook it like what was done with Hillary and Obama's DOJ. 

I do expect that those primitives that voted and support the current democRAT party to not read the entire story, but those with an average intelligence should have been able to read what was actually said and then take a wait and see stance. 

gravelrash

WillieChuck and Specs are correct.  In legal matters, you have to prove an allegation even when you know it to be true.  In Barr's own words:

"Whatever their level of involvement based on the level of information I have today, I don't expect Mr. Durham's work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man," Barr said Monday at a press conference

RRRW is also correct.  Don't hold hope that Barr will do anything with the evidence.

MontyPython
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ladybird said:

If it's irrefutable, then this administration should be able to prove it. Trump blowing noise to his fans and tweeting in ALL CAPS does not make it true.

LOL. Oh brother. It has already been proven, again and again and again. Many times over the course of many years. But I realize that in order to remain a Democrat "in good standing" you are required to pretend you've never seen any of those proofs or read any of those reports or articles, never seen those segments on the news, never heard of Benghazi, never heard of Fast & Furious, etc etc etc.

:rolleyes:

Edited by MontyPython