To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
SARGE

Texas police union voices outrage after recently released career criminal fatally stabs grandma, 80, in broad daylight

Rate this topic

SARGE

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

May 19, 2020

A Texas career criminal who was recently released from jail despite being arrested nearly 70 times is accused of fatally stabbing an 80-year-old woman out shopping Saturday, police said.

The suspect, 38-year-old Randy Roszell Lewis, was shot and killed by a responding officer who was flagged down by witnesses at the scene. Police said the man was armed with a 6-inch blade.

The incident sparked outrage from the Houston Police Officers' Union, which blamed the "total failure" of criminal justice reform for his release weeks earlier -- without paying bail.

[snip]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-career-criminal-jail-release-stabs-grandma-80-daylight

Squirrel

But hey there’s a free cell open for the hairdresser that opened. What’s one grandmas life 

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

Let 'em all out! What could possibly go wrong?

:tap:

• Agree (+1) 1

Magic Rat

It doesn't count.  The victim didn't have the right complexion and the suspect does.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

And I hear crickets chirping from leftardia with regard to the matter...

Oh, wait!  We're going to be lectured that this is entirely anecdotal and this is an aberration!

• Agree (+1) 1

SARGE
34 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

And I hear crickets chirping from leftardia with regard to the matter...

Oh, wait!  We're going to be lectured that this is entirely anecdotal and this is an aberration!

Could this be a major reason for the spike in firearms sales recently?

• Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel

He was out for an innocent jog when this racist grandma threatened him. Why haven’t we seen this upstanding young mans high school picture yet and a list of his dreams

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot

The family of that woman should sue!  Arrested 70 times - it was totally foreseeable that he would commit another violent crime.

• Agree (+1) 1

searcher

So, if he was released due to this covid virus will her death certificate state that she died a result of the covid virus?

Mark

• Agree (+1) 2

Kilmerfan
5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

He was out for an innocent jog when this racist grandma threatened him. Why haven’t we seen this upstanding young mans high school picture yet and a list of his dreams

" Was turning his life around. "

• Agree (+1) 1

Ma Deuce

Empty the prisons, what could possibly go wrong? Gee...I dunno. Maybe one should ask the old timers in Miami how well the Mariel Boatlift ended up for them.

Some convicts need to stay behind bars because they'll never reform and if released will always be a threat to society.

Diamond369

May this lady rest in peace.  What senior citizen deserves to have something like that happen to them?  None.  This murderer is just a classic example of the justice system where he was freed more than 60 times and where at times there are stories of many people who are in jail for decades and have done nothing wrong.  Something needs to be done about that and something needs to be done about that man.

GrimV

I don't think people truly appreciate the reasons why we're releasing violent criminals -- we need the extra jail space to house all those "Gramma Killers" wanting to return to work.  

Ticked@TinselTown
3 hours ago, GrimV said:

I don't think people truly appreciate the reasons why we're releasing violent criminals -- we need the extra jail space to house all those "Gramma Killers" wanting to return to work.  

Would this qualify as a 'shovel ready' job'?

zurg
5 hours ago, Diamond369 said:

May this lady rest in peace.  What senior citizen deserves to have something like that happen to them?  None.  This murderer is just a classic example of the justice system where he was freed more than 60 times and where at times there are stories of many people who are in jail for decades and have done nothing wrong.  Something needs to be done about that and something needs to be done about that man.

I've always thought that punishment for violent crime against the most vulnerable should carry the most extreme and disproportionate penalties.

Rape/kill a child? Death penalty. Slowly. Horribly.

Rape/kill a senior citizen? Death penalty. Almost as slowly and horribly as the above.

Send a clear message: do this and you WILL regret the day you were born.

• Agree (+1) 2

zurg
35 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Would this qualify as a 'shovel ready' job'?

That's so morbid... but so good...

MontyPython
9 hours ago, zurg said:

I've always thought that punishment for violent crime against the most vulnerable should carry the most extreme and disproportionate penalties.

Rape/kill a senior citizen? Death penalty. Almost as slowly and horribly as the above.

Yup, I agree. Some crimes are so awful that a "quick painless" execution just isn't enough.

+1

:yes:

Ladybird
14 hours ago, zurg said:

Works for me.  Unfortunately it seems the opposite is the case when it comes to child abusers.