Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Obama Doesn’t Want To Come To The White House To Have his Portrait Unveiled

Rate this topic

Liz

White House Dossioer

by

Posted on

This will, of course, be pinned blamed on President Trump. But the fact is that Barack Obama has taken to attacking his predecessor in unprecedentedly vitriolic ways, as have Obama’s various hatchet men.

Trump, of course, has fired back.

And now it appears it’s all too much for Obama, who won’t be found in the same room with the president.

According to NBC News:

It’s been a White House tradition for decades: A first-term president hosts a ceremony in the East Room for the unveiling of the official portrait of his immediate predecessor that will hang in the halls of the White House for posterity.

“We may have our differences politically,” President Barack Obama said when he hosted former President George W. Bush for his portrait unveiling in 2012, “but the presidency transcends those differences.”

Yet this modern ritual won’t be taking place between Obama and President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. And if Trump wins a second term in November, it could be 2025 before Obama returns to the White House to see his portrait displayed among every U.S. president from George Washington to Bush.

*snip*

Full Commentary

Big Dave

I hope his portrait never gets displayed

Taggart Transcontinental

They need to display it appropriately, in one of the toilets where he took our economy.

gravelrash

And if Trump wins a second term in November, it could be 2025 before Obama returns to the White House to see his portrait displayed among every U.S. president from George Washington to Bush.

Hopefully, 0bama won't even be eligible for parole in 2025.

• Agree (+1) 3

MontyPython

Fine by me. We don't need that piece of sh*t stinking up the place.

Oh, and being Captain Pedantic, I have to point out the author's error in the article's second sentence: "But the fact is that Barack Obama has taken to attacking his predecessor in unprecedentedly vitriolic ways, as have Obama’s various hatchet men." No, Trump isn't Obama's predecessor. That would be George W. Bush.

B)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

tailgunner

Poor baby!

AntiObama

President Trump will unveil the portrait without Obama being because there's nothing he can do if Obama wants to act like a whiny sissy.

Tikk
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Severian said:

Trump should make the comment, after unveiling the portrait, "Its kind of creepy, the eyes seem to follow you around the room, even without a warrant."

:lol:

If there was ever a sentence entered into record, it should be that one.

Edited by Tikk
  • Agree (+1) 1

jr_tex

Proving once again what a petty,  small  man Obama really is.

searcher
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Fine by me. We don't need that piece of sh*t stinking up the place.

Oh, and being Captain Pedantic, I have to point out the author's error in the article's second sentence: "But the fact is that Barack Obama has taken to attacking his predecessor in unprecedentedly vitriolic ways, as have Obama’s various hatchet men." No, Trump isn't Obama's predecessor. That would be George W. Bush.

B)

Ya beat me to it. Maybe I should hire myself out as a gernulyst.

Mark

1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

• Haha (+1) 1

De Oppresso Liber

Weird.  I have always heard that criminals like to return to the scene of their crimes...

• Agree (+1) 4

gravelrash
1 hour ago, De Oppresso Liber said:

Weird.  I have always heard that criminals like to return to the scene of their crimes...

:welldone:

Diamond369

It is such a shame how classless Obama is.

Dean Adam Smithee

Maybe they could borrow the "Empty Chair" from Eastwoods' 2012 RNC speech for the official portrait?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1