To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Ahmaud Arbery Case: Propaganda, §1983, and Police Body Cam Video

Rate this topic

kestrel

Taking on remarkable similarities to the Tryvon case..Seem young Ahmaud might be a different kind of person than the high school yearbook photo indicates...at bottom I wonder if this case is simply about the money the Benjamin Crump and Co might receive...no, correction, WILL receive (at least local donations for "the cause") in the last few days there have been at least two police body cam footage's that put the kid in a very different light...the vids are out there...will it just be a matter of time before there are vids of the Arbery family members duking it out in a parking lot over tee shirt sales?

Kestrel... 

legalinsurrection.com

Ahmaud Arbery Case: Propaganda, §1983, and Police Body Cam Video

Andrew Branca

Posted by    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 6:00pm | 5/19/2020 - 6:00pm

Media and activist narratives aren’t relevant to the legal case, yet are pushed really hard to establish a presumption of guilt in the public mind.

Hey folks,

In this video about the Ahmaud Arbery case I touch on two closely related topics, and share a police body cam video with you.

First, we compare the photos preferentially used by the media in the Trayvon Martin case with the photos preferentially used by the media in this Arbery case.

Second, we look at 42 USC §1983 as a financial motive for such propaganda (e.g., ka-ching).

Third, we share a police body cam video of Ahmaud Arbery in an event independent of Arbery’s confrontation with the McMichaels. It’s probably not relevant for purposes of the trial of the McMichaels, but may well play a role in the propaganda wars currently being fought over this event.

Enjoy the show!

And remember: You can find ALL our Ahmaud Arbery coverage here: http://lawofselfdefense.com/arbery

So bookmark it!

–Andrew

Attorney Andrew F. Branca
Law of Self Defense LLC

Dutch13

To me, it still boils down to the actions of the McMichael's.  They had no knowledge of what he had done before they saw him running.  They had no legal right to detain him or pursue him with weapons. 

Had the McMichael's been arrested on the day of the shooting or soon after, none of the media uproar would have been heard. 

DA Barnhill tried to exonerate them, but the facts didn't match his explanation......and now he is facing investigation.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Ladybird

Is this the video where the police are questioning for sitting in his own car, and then try to tase him?

What is it supposed to prove?

kestrel
6 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Is this the video where the police are questioning for sitting in his own car, and then try to tase him?

did you watch the video?

Taggart Transcontinental

Great example was last night. One of the guys did a traffic stop on an individual speeding. Chased him down and I went to back him up. He had a felony warrant for Promoting prison contraband. (sneaking drugs into prison) he just got out of jail Friday and was back in the public. He was smiling happy and straight up with us "I am being honest..., I won't lie... etc. Well he had a warrant and he promised it was old paper and that the local DA took care of it. Well we had to take him in regardless. We searched him of course before we rolled him in and I asked him if he had anything on him. "No Sir I am being straight with you, I got nothing on me..." So we get in the sallyport and he gets searched. He of course had a couple of ounces of synthetic MJ. Now he's got another felony on him and he isn't getting out until Friday. On top of that he's got other issues as well because of his actions.

Smiling happy guy, to angry and threatening in a few seconds.

Taggart Transcontinental
8 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

What is a graduation picture of him while posting pics of them from the jail supposed to prove?

kestrel
9 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

To me, it still boils down to the actions of the McMichael's.  They had no knowledge of what he had done before they saw him running.  They had no legal right to detain him or pursue him with weapons. 

Had the McMichael's been arrested on the day of the shooting or soon after, none of the media uproar would have been heard. 

DA Barnhill tried to exonerate them, but the facts didn't match his explanation......and now he is facing investigation.

..and Zimmerman was a "white Hispanic" Who hunted down and murdered an innocent teen...none of which has anything to do with the topic...Take a chill pill bruh ..this ain't about Trump.

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, kestrel said:

did you watch the video?

Yes. He became angry about being questioned, but he complied with the officers.  Again, what is this supposeed to prove and what has it to do with the McMichales following and shooting him? 

By the way, what was the fruit of this stop by the police?

• Disagree (-1) 1

kestrel
2 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Great example was last night. One of the guys did a traffic stop on an individual speeding. Chased him down and I went to back him up. He had a felony warrant for Promoting prison contraband. (sneaking drugs into prison) he just got out of jail Friday and was back in the public. He was smiling happy and straight up with us "I am being honest..., I won't lie... etc. Well he had a warrant and he promised it was old paper and that the local DA took care of it. Well we had to take him in regardless. We searched him of course before we rolled him in and I asked him if he had anything on him. "No Sir I am being straight with you, I got nothing on me..." So we get in the sallyport and he gets searched. He of course had a couple of ounces of synthetic MJ. Now he's got another felony on him and he isn't getting out until Friday. On top of that he's got other issues as well because of his actions.

Smiling happy guy, to angry and threatening in a few seconds.

So what your saying here is that the Citizen was lucky to make to the jail before being gunned down by racist cops?

Kestrel...

kestrel
3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Yes. He became angry about being questioned, but he complied with the officers.  Again, what is this supposeed to prove and what has it to do with the McMichales following and shooting him? 

By the way, what was the fruit of this stop by the police?

Why was he so angry about the cop asking him questions?...and if you did watch the video could you please provide some translation for his dialogue?..I can't tell what he's saying..is it just because he's really agitated? and why was he so agitated.

Kestrel...

P.S. I don't know what you mean by "the Fruit"

Ladybird
5 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

What is a graduation picture of him while posting pics of them from the jail supposed to prove?

Aren't mug shots routinely used for accused criminals?  Arbery was not chased and killed by law enforcement officers. Why should he be treated and viewed as a criminal, with pictures from a police stop?

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Why was he so angry about the cop asking him questions?...and if you did watch the video could you please provide some translation for his dialogue?..I can't tell what he's saying..is it just because he's really agitated? and why was he so agitated.

Kestrel...

P.S. I don't know what you mean by "the Fruit"

I don't know. Maybe he was having a bad day..Maybe he was tired of being profiled.. We'll never know now..

What did the police gain from this questioning and body search of Arbery? Was anything illegal found? Was he arrested?

Edited by Ladybird

kestrel
1 minute ago, Ladybird said:

Aren't mug shots routinely used for accused criminals?  Arbery was not chased and killed by law enforcement officers. Why should he be treated and viewed as a criminal, with pictures from a police stop?

I think mugshots are routinely used where High school photos aren't available..True Arbery was not chased nor was he killed by law enforcement officers. and he definitely should not be treated or viewed in any particular manor because of mugshots or High School Photos...Point?

Kestrel... 

Taggart Transcontinental
10 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Are they? Why only one side gets the thug treatment? Instead of showing the guy as an angelic choir boy, show him for what he was.

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, kestrel said:

I think mugshots are routinely used where High school photos aren't available..True Arbery was not chased nor was he killed by law enforcement officers. and he definitely should not be treated or viewed in any particular manor because of mugshots or High School Photos...Point?

Kestrel... 

Point? I'm not the one complaining about arrest photos of the McMichaels or pictures provided by a crime victims family being used.

Ladybird
Just now, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Are they? Why only one side gets the thug treatment? Instead of showing the guy as an angelic choir boy, show him for what he was.

Because the McMichaels are the ones accused of murder, not Ahmaud Arbery.

kestrel
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

I don't know. Maybe he was having a bad day..Maybe he was tired of being profiled.. We'll never know know..

What did the police gain from this questioning and body search of Arbery? Was anything illegal found? Was he arrested?

Ok I'll stipulate to the "bad day" I'm curious L/B if you were innocently sitting in your car quite a ways off the paved road and a cop asked you questions..would you have this reaction?

I have no idea of what the police found, if anything from the "body search" for weapons (BTW did you know that Arbery has a conviction for taking in a loaded 9mm handgun to High school..wonder if that came back when the cop ran his license..(that how that works Taggert?) and no it appears that he wasn't arrested as the result of the incident..Point?

Kestrel...

kestrel
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Point? I'm not the one complaining about arrest photos of the McMichaels or pictures provided by a crime victims family being used.

Nor am I...but aren't you the one complaining about "Mug shots" being used..I think you're missing the premise of what this is all about kiddo..why don't you take a break and get some sun and come back at this with a fresh mind...

Kestrel...

P.S. Maybe if you get a minute I'd sure appreciate that translation of what Arbery was saying to the cop..I really can't understand what words he's using..If you can't it ok...I get it.

Edited by kestrel

Dutch13
16 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

It is probably against the law to post a picture of the dead body isn't it?  That is what he was.....because of the McMichael's.  

• Disagree (-1) 1

Magic Rat
12 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

The prosecutors are doing exactly the wrong thing here.  They appear to have bowed to the mob and are charging the McMichaels with murder.  Something that will be very difficult to prove.  I think they could probably prove manslaughter but WITH THE EVIDENCE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC, I don't see how they can prove this overcharge.  

At least the media gets to encourage another riot for the summer!  And  Obama will lean back in his chair and give a gentle nod of approval.

Dean Adam Smithee
2 hours ago, kestrel said:

Third, we share a police body cam video of Ahmaud Arbery in an event independent of Arbery’s confrontation with the McMichaels. It’s probably not relevant for purposes of the trial of the McMichaels, but may well play a role in the propaganda wars currently being fought over this event.

Enjoy the show!

And remember: You can find ALL our Ahmaud Arbery coverage here: http://lawofselfdefense.com/arbery

And if anybody wants the TL;dr of attorney Branca's 35-minute video, skip to about the 31-minute mark.

It goes a long way towards showing the type of person he was. If he's that belligerent when being questioned by a uniformed LEO, it's not difficult to imagine how he'd respond to be stopped by a couple of civilians.

Attorney Branca is right, though, that it's probably not admissible at trial. Generally, "character evidence" cannot be used to establish that how a person acted on one specific occasion is how the would have acted on a different occasion. But it could be as 'rebuttal' if another witness brings up "Oh,  he was such a nice boy, he'd NEVER do anything like that".

Taggart Transcontinental
26 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

So they are guilty until proven innocent? Do you know why we don't allow a jury to see a defendant in handcuffs during a trial? It's to not prejudice them to a verdict. The media has created a narrative here and there will be a challenge getting a fair trial anywhere now. Of course you are ok with that?

Taggart Transcontinental
27 minutes ago, kestrel said:

Ok I'll stipulate to the "bad day" I'm curious L/B if you were innocently sitting in your car quite a ways off the paved road and a cop asked you questions..would you have this reaction?

I have no idea of what the police found, if anything from the "body search" for weapons (BTW did you know that Arbery has a conviction for taking in a loaded 9mm handgun to High school..wonder if that came back when the cop ran his license..(that how that works Taggert?) and no it appears that he wasn't arrested as the result of the incident..Point?

Kestrel...

Depends if there was an advisory placed you may get a signal 6 advisory. (gun)

Dutch13
1 minute ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

And if anybody wants the TL;dr of attorney Branca's 35-minute video, skip to about the 31-minute mark.

It goes a long way towards showing the type of person he was. If he's that belligerent when being questioned by a uniformed LEO, it's not difficult to imagine how he'd respond to be stopped by a couple of civilians.

Attorney Branca is right, though, that it's probably not admissible at trial. Generally, "character evidence" cannot be used to establish that how a person acted on one specific occasion is how the would have acted on a different occasion. But it could be as 'rebuttal' if another witness brings up "Oh,  he was such a nice boy, he'd NEVER do anything like that".

Stopped by a couple of civilians??  The father saw him run by with NO FACTUAL knowledge of anything he had done.  The father yelled for his son to get his gun.  Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, they formed a posse to capture him. 

• Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
11 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

It is probably against the law to post a picture of the dead body isn't it?  That is what he was.....because of the McMichael's.  

Not what I was implying. However a more real picture of him in his state of mind before that incident. You know we don't all wear suits every day. Wearing his normal street clothing instead of the altar boy outfit.