To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Ahmaud Arbery Case: Propaganda, §1983, and Police Body Cam Video

Rate this topic

Dutch13
2 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

So they are guilty until proven innocent? Do you know why we don't allow a jury to see a defendant in handcuffs during a trial? It's to not prejudice them to a verdict. The media has created a narrative here and there will be a challenge getting a fair trial anywhere now. Of course you are ok with that?

The local police and prosecutors allowed that too happen by trying to sweep it under the rug.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
Just now, Dutch13 said:

Stopped by a couple of civilians??  The father saw him run by with NO FACTUAL knowledge of anything he had done.  The father yelled for his son to get his gun.  Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, they formed a posse to capture him. 

Watch the video, the homeowner had him in the house with a camera, he called them per the police and they acted on that information. Story is starting to shape up now.

Ladybird
5 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Not what I was implying. However a more real picture of him in his state of mind before that incident. You know we don't all wear suits every day. Wearing his normal street clothing instead of the altar boy outfit.

Because of his clothing and appearance it mitigates the McMichaels  chasing and shooting him?

Dean Adam Smithee
Just now, Dutch13 said:

Stopped by a couple of civilians??  The father saw him run by with NO FACTUAL knowledge of anything he had done.  The father yelled for his son to get his gun.  Put all the lipstick on the pig you want, they formed a posse to capture him. 

As we know from the 9-1-1 call, one of the McMichaels saw him come out of the house under construction, as was also seen from a security cam across the street.  Under GA law, That makes him a burglary "suspect" and, as a potential felony, fair game for ANYONE to stop him.

Read through some of the posts on attorney Branca's blog that Kestrel linked to. He goes through all this point by point.

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

As we know from the 9-1-1 call, one of the McMichaels saw him come out of the house under construction, as was also seen from a security cam across the street.  Under GA law, That makes him a burglary "suspect" and, as a potential felony, fair game for ANYONE to stop him.

Read through some of the posts on attorney Branca's blog that Kestrel linked to. He goes through all this point by point.

There is video footage of multiple people trespassing on the construction site.  Did the McMichaels call the cops and chase them?  The owner has stated nothing has been stolen from his property, though many people have trespassed.

I used to do this with my friends all the time.

Dutch13
20 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Watch the video, the homeowner had him in the house with a camera, he called them per the police and they acted on that information. Story is starting to shape up now.

The owner contacted the police AFTER Arbery was already dead.  The owner made it abundantly clear that he has never spoken with the McMichael's and he never asked them to do anything.  The McMichael's were unaware that he had even been on that property that day.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
14 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Because of his clothing and appearance it mitigates the McMichaels  chasing and shooting him?

You really want to go down that road with me Agenda-bird?

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

There is video footage of multiple people trespassing on the construction site.  Did the McMichaels call the cops and chase them?  The owner has stated nothing has been stolen from his property, though many people have trespassed.

I just through new construction homes in my neighborhood just last year.  I won't be doing anymore after this fiasco.  Keep in mind though, "multiple people do it too" is not an excuse to commit a crime.  Not a great argument. 

Edited by Magic Rat

Taggart Transcontinental
6 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

That's called HINDSIGHT, you cannot operate with any violent crime with the concept of they should have known. You have to know what they knew AT THE TIME of force being applied. Your fallacy is the flaw that all you leftists create in any situation you want to exploit.

Taggart Transcontinental
1 minute ago, Magic Rat said:

I just through new construction homes in my neighborhood just last year.  I won't be doing anymore after this fiasco.  Keep in mind though, "multiple people do it too" is not an excuse to commit a crime.  Not a great argument. 

Multiple people riot and loot, don't make it right. As a demonstration of your point.

Dutch13
14 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

The McMichael's home was nowhere near close enough for one of them to have seen him in the construction site.  The father was outside.  The son was inside.  The owner of the home in question has said that he never met the McMichael's and he never shared the video with McMichael's.  The McMichael's had no knowledge of anything that occurred that day.   The father saw Arbery running in front of the  McMichael home and that was enough to get him to form the posse.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Ladybird
1 minute ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

That's called HINDSIGHT, you cannot operate with any violent crime with the concept of they should have known. You have to know what they knew AT THE TIME of force being applied. Your fallacy is the flaw that all you leftists create in any situation you want to exploit.

What violent crime? You mean the one committed, allegedly, by the McMichaels?

Ladybird
6 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

You really want to go down that road with me Agenda-bird?

I wouldn't have asked if I didn't. I watched the video. I saw a man getting angry and using cuss words at being asked to leave his vehicle and getting searched by the police, but otherwise complying with the officers instructions, without offering any violent struggle.

So how does his clothes and physical demeanor in this video mitigate the McMichaels, in a entirely separate incident, chasing this man down and shooting him?

Dean Adam Smithee
14 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

There was apparently at least TWICE that the McMichaels called 9-1-1 then chased after him.

(The YouTube video is mistaken.  They weren't both "just before" the shooting. The first was about 2 weeks prior on Feb 11, as I understand it.)

Ladybird
10 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

There was apparently at least TWICE that the McMichaels called 9-1-1 then chased after him.

(The YouTube video is mistaken.  They weren't both "just before" the shooting. The first was about 2 weeks prior on Feb 11, as I understand it.)

So did they call and then chase after anyone other than Arbery who trespassed on the property?

The dispatcher said "what was he doing wrong.. was he just on the premises?".  He did not take anything from the property, and according to the owner, nothing has been reported as stolen before.

Dean Adam Smithee
51 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

So did they call and then chase after anyone other than Arbery who trespassed on the property?

The dispatcher said "what was he doing wrong.. was he just on the premises?".  He did not take anything from the property, and according to the owner, nothing has been reported as stolen before.

We don't know that they saw any of the others with their own eyes.

The dispatcher doesn't necessarily know all the applicable laws. I've known some. Most - the ones who last - are fairly sharp. Some are barely above minimum-wage flunkies. Lots of turnover, especially in larger metro areas.

Severian

Note there's also police video out there of them arresting him and a couple of other "teens" for trying to shoplift a televison.

Doesn't mean the guys aren't guilty of killing him, but it would be nice for once if even in as apparently as cut and dried case like this the victim was shown as who he really was, not scrubbed clean and presented as some kind of saintly child.

Dean Adam Smithee
2 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

The owner contacted the police AFTER Arbery was already dead.  The owner made it abundantly clear that he has never spoken with the McMichael's and he never asked them to do anything.  The McMichael's were unaware that he had even been on that property that day.

That's not at all the case, Dutch. Homeowner had sent texts to neighbors on prior occasions asking them to check on the place, and passed around video.

Homeowner is Larry English, represented by attorney Elizabeth Graddy in the below articles:

First is an article describing the prior encounter on Feb 11th:

"...English lives far from where the home is being built just outside the port city of Brunswick, 70 miles (110 kilometers) south of Savannah. Graddy said the night of Feb. 11 he received an alert when motion inside the construction site triggered a security camera. English sent a text message to a neighbor, Diego Perez, asking him to check on the house.

According to Graddy, the neighbor soon sent English a text: “The police showed up and we all searched for a good while. I think he got spooked and ran after Travis [McMichael] confronted him. Travis says the guy ran into the house. Let me know if he shows up or if they find him.”

Second is an article describing the videos being sent to neighbor(s)

"The homeowner said he did not know any of the people in the video clips.

“We do not know who any of the individuals in the nighttime videos are and never have,” J Elizabeth Graddy, Mr English’s attorney, said. “The reason that Larry English sent the video to his neighbour ... in the first place was to ask ‘Do you know any of these people’?”

Of the individuals caught on the security camera, there are several instances of an unidentified black male approaching and entering the site. Mr Arbery appeared in one clip. The lawyer for Mr Arbery’s family, S Lee Merritt, told CNN he would not ask the family to confirm or deny whether the man in the other clips was Mr Arbery."

It doesn't make you the least bit suspicious that Trayvon II's  family has lawyered up and won't even deny it was him in the other videos?

And it doesn't faze you that when Trayvon II's mom was initially (albeit incorrectly) told by the cops that he was shot WHILE burglarizing a house, she took it in stride as if it wasn't entirely unexpected???

AntiObama

What kind of moron tries to steal a 65 inch TV? 

Ahmaud Arbery tried and he failed and got 5 years probation

Dean Adam Smithee

MODS - A little help here?

Something went wrong with my above post, and below my last paragraph is a line of vertical text on the left side  going well below my post and stepping on the next ones. (Anyone else see this?)

My last REAL paragraph is  "And it doesn't faze you that when Trayvon II's mom was initially (albeit incorrectly) told by the cops that he was shot WHILE burglarizing a house, she took it in stride as if it wasn't entirely unexpected??? "

Anything below that is Spurious.

Dean Adam Smithee
40 minutes ago, AntiObama said:

What kind of moron tries to steal a 65 inch TV? 

Ahmaud Arbery tried and he failed and got 5 years probation

Same kind of Moron that gets busted for carrying a handgun onto High School property during a basketball game?

40 minutes ago, AntiObama said:

Dean Adam Smithee

IS IT JUST ME? Anybody else seeing a blank quote below the actual quote in the above reply to AntiObama?

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

MODS - A little help here?

Something went wrong with my above post, and below my last paragraph is a line of vertical text on the left side  going well below my post and stepping on the next ones. (Anyone else see this?)

My last REAL paragraph is  "And it doesn't faze you that when Trayvon II's mom was initially (albeit incorrectly) told by the cops that he was shot WHILE burglarizing a house, she took it in stride as if it wasn't entirely unexpected??? "

Anything below that is Spurious.

The claim that Arbery's mother was "unfazed" by being lied to by the police while learning her son has been shot and killed is entirely subjective. Who said she was "unfazed"? When the police came to my apartment development to tell my neighbor her son was killed, she screamed bloody murder, cried, and then walked around like a zombie for the next two months. Is there some proper response to such news?  Perhaps she was processing what the police told her, along with facing that she just lost her child.

Edited by Ladybird

Ladybird
6 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

IS IT JUST ME? Anybody else seeing a blank quote below the actual quote in the above reply to AntiObama?

Yes blank. Plus weird letters running along the side of your posts.

kestrel
4 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

It is probably against the law to post a picture of the dead body isn't it?  That is what he was.....because of the McMichael's.  

Doode could you tone the virtue signaling down just a notch? I know you're totally OUTRAGED! by this horror show but it won't make it any easier to come to some conclusions about what this is really all about because of your not quite so subtle self righteousness..Ok?..we get it racism is bad..and your not a racist...Shoot you probably have a black friend. Just calm down a bit Ok?

Kestrel...