To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
If having issues logging in with login name, try using your DISPLAY name. If your password is the issue and you did not update your email address prior to upgrade, use the Contact Us link at bottom of page for a reset. ×
Bronze & Silver Supporters now have ability to create a blog ×
RightNation.US
kestrel

UPDATE: Black Man Caught on Video Beating Elderly White Nursing Home Patients ARRESTED After Hero Tom Fitton from Judicial Watch Alerts Authorities

Rate this topic

Ladybird
9 hours ago, kestrel said:

And now I wonder IF we'll see this in the media as much as the Arbery case..we need to keep an eye out because if this is real and the media does not cover this like they do every car wreck..is it because he's black?...is it too horrendous for today's media?..lets find out!

Kestrel...

Nothing like a video.. It is in the media

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/detroit-police-make-arrest-attack-nursing-home-patient-captured-video-n1212626

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/05/21/police-arrest-suspect-connection-attack-nursing-home/5241207002/

https://www.wxyz.com/news/video-captures-brutal-nursing-home-beating-involving-20-year-old-suspect-also-living-in-the-home

And then man has been arrested.

Dutch13
11 hours ago, Ladybird said:

True. But this guy looks pretty healthy, physically anyway.

Jadon Hayden is the guy's name and supposedly he worked there.  There is at least one more video of him hitting a frail old woman.

Ladybird
5 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

Jadon Hayden is the guy's name and supposedly he worked there.  There is at least one more video of him hitting a frail old woman.

The law firm of the nursing home released this:

"The nursing home and its administrators are still gathering information, conducting their own investigation, and cooperating fully with the police in their own investigation. We will issue another statement once we have gathered more facts regarding the incident. One thing we want to make clear, on the record, is that this incident did not involve a nurse or any other employee of the nursing home. The individuals involved were residents. The attacker in the video was turned over to the police around 11:30 a.m. this morning by the staff at the nursing home. He is not a long-term resident of Westwood, but he was recently admitted for recovery and rehabilitation purposes on a temporary stay. Westwood has been cooperating with the police and will continue to do so. The safety, health, and well-being of our residents remains a top priority of Westwood. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Until we receive more information, we will not be able to comment further on the matter at this time."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/video-captures-brutal-nursing-home-beating-involving-20-year-old-suspect-also-living-in-the-home

I've seen many videos like this over the years. It's great this one is getting attention. 

Moderator T
12 hours ago, kestrel said:

Me neither...This is what I was talking about on the other thread Re: media bias/mistakes I can't conceive of a reason a twenty year old would be in a nursing home unless he works there..and the next thought that occurs is WHERE is the rest of the staff..how can they not know of this? and if they did why did they conceal it? I would bet a lot in that this was NOT the first time this has happened Would anybody take a bet that this cat has a record or is a mental case?

Kestrel

My guess is its a facility for lower income people and/or has some over crowding issues.  Maybe they've rearranged patients to organize around COVID issues.  I know my wife's facility did something similar to keep the virus to a single wing, although they don't have people in their 20's.  

As for why he was there at all, it isn't a surprise.  He could be mentally disabled and unable to care for himself, or he may be in some sort of physical rehab situation.  An example of this would be a coworker who is well over 400 lbs in his 30's.  After a surgery he was put in a rehab facility that was part of a nursing home for a few weeks since he wouldn't be able to care for himself.

None of this is an excuse.  Just likely possibilities.  He shouldn't have been in that room and the staff was likely negligent in all sorts of ways here.

ThePatriot
9 hours ago, zipndun said:

True, but still, they can't use the phone? :scratch:

ThePatriot
10 hours ago, kestrel said:

Probably one of those poor souls that have just been abandoned..apparently this POS also beat the crap out of an old lady..Like I said before I bet this wasn't a one time thing!

Kestrel...

No doubt.  I'm surprised none of their relatives took the law into their own hands and meted out some instant justice.

Dutch13
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

The law firm of the nursing home released this:

"The nursing home and its administrators are still gathering information, conducting their own investigation, and cooperating fully with the police in their own investigation. We will issue another statement once we have gathered more facts regarding the incident. One thing we want to make clear, on the record, is that this incident did not involve a nurse or any other employee of the nursing home. The individuals involved were residents. The attacker in the video was turned over to the police around 11:30 a.m. this morning by the staff at the nursing home. He is not a long-term resident of Westwood, but he was recently admitted for recovery and rehabilitation purposes on a temporary stay. Westwood has been cooperating with the police and will continue to do so. The safety, health, and well-being of our residents remains a top priority of Westwood. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Until we receive more information, we will not be able to comment further on the matter at this time."

I've seen many videos like this over the years. It's great this one is getting attention. 

Thank you for correcting me.  I was working with info from twitter......a 1,000 folks repeating the same false info.

Ticked@TinselTown

The elderly patients were being abused in this facility under the care of the hospital and staff that DIDN'T TAKE NOTE OF THE ABUSE, but they are suddenly capable of investigating their own total lack of awareness of the problem?

Sounds like we're going to get to the bottom of this in record time... :sarcasm:

Holland25
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Lemme guess: "He was a good boy...dindu nothin'...he wuz just turnin' his life aroun'...those white people were dissin' him..."

:whistle: 

That's funny. Well I will wait for the black racist in this community to post their outrage. This must be fake news. Who ever heard of a black guy beating up white people. Working in health care you find a fair number of the CNA's are the lowest group of humans in employment and in that group if they are not abusing a senior the are willfully neglecting them. Not all, Hopefully not most, but still a large number. I have been a nurse for 28 years. I have seen a lot.

Edited by Holland25
  • Like (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
6 hours ago, Moderator T said:

..none of this is an excuse.  Just likely possibilities.  He shouldn't have been in that room and the staff was likely negligent in all sorts of ways here.

Indeed. I won't "excuse" it but can maybe "understand" it. 

One of my "dirty Jobs" in the day was being a cook at a nursing home in South FL. Most, even then, were "corporate" owned. Managed by out-of-state bean counters who couldn't give a rat's ass about "quality" but only about the nickels and dimes. The pay was crap and we all got treated like less than crap.

I lasted less than a month.

Look, I like "free enterprise" as much as the next guy. As a small biz owner, I'm all about making as much profit as the market will bear in exchange for my best efforts. But I'm "small biz". Corporate biz is all about making the MOST profit from the LEAST effort; wring every nickle out out of that 'Golden Goose', even if the end all you end up with is duck soup.

MontyPython
36 minutes ago, Holland25 said:

That's funny. Well I will wait for the black racist in this community to post their outrage. This must be fake news. Who ever heard of a black guy beating up white people. Working in health care you find a fair number of the CNA's are the lowest group of humans in employment and in that group if they are not abusing a senior the are willfully neglecting them. Not all, Hopefully not most, but still a large number. I have been a nurse for 28 years. I have seen a lot.

I believe you. My wife worked for a few years at a senior-care facility right here in Blaine, then went on to be an in-home personal caregiver. She didn't do it for 28 years, but she did it long enough to be able to tell a few hair-raising stories.

:o

firecoco
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

Thank you for correcting me.  I was working with info from twitter.......a 1,000 folks repeating the same false info

You should be used to that

Edited by firecoco