To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
If having issues logging in with login name, try using your DISPLAY name. If your password is the issue and you did not update your email address prior to upgrade, use the Contact Us link at bottom of page for a reset. ×
Bronze & Silver Supporters now have ability to create a blog ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Warren nursing home worker charged with abusing 91-year-old woman

Rate this topic

kestrel
Posted (edited)

I just don't know what to say...this is another one..WTF is happening that people could do this to another helpless human being?

Kestrel...

Warren nursing home worker charged in abuse of 91-year-old resident

WARREN, Mich. - Rachelle Sharp's face said it all. 

While watching video of her grandma being abused at a nursing home in Warren, she put her hands over her mouth in shock.

"Oh my god. Oh my god," she said, before looking away.

Video obtained by FOX 2 from the nursing home shows a worker grabbing a 91-year-old woman by the back of the neck, and forcing her head down. More footage shows him roughing her up, and shoving her into her wheelchair. 

"And taking her by the back of her head, and then taking the head and pounding it down on the counter, viscously, violently," said Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer.

the rest here https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/warren-nursing-home-worker-charged-in-abuse-of-91-year-old-resident

Edited by kestrel

Currahee!

I can tell you what would have happened if that would have been MY grandma.....there would have been one E X T R E M L Y bruised health care worker.......”Oh, I’m sorry.....did you accidentally fall down the stairs....5 Times?  Gee, that’s gonna leave a mark.”

Mrdirt73
Posted (edited)

There's worse video of a nursing home worker in Detroit that was going around Twitter yesterday.

ETA: I found the other story further down the page.

Edited by Mrdirt73

Severian

I can tell you exactly what's happening. Taking care of the elderly and infirm is a difficult, tiring, and frustrating job, and they can be extremely frustrating even at the best of times and when they're your loved ones. There's a reason when you're caregiving for a relative in your  home they want you to take a break now and then, Hospice even has the ability to put them in their facility for a few days to take the load off and let you recuperate some. Now, take all of this, and then add in that many nursing homes pay squat for their help, so what you get a lot of the times are the lower ends of the scale, unskilled, low IQ, unsuccessful people who are usually frustrated and wound up enough by their usual lives, then they have to take care of people who are often hard to deal with, plus the frustration builds up day after day after day.

It's a hard enough job if you love the person and are a well adjusted human being capable of reining in your emotions and anger and frustrations with life. Give the job to people who can't do that and this is what you get.

Ticked@TinselTown
4 hours ago, Severian said:

I can tell you exactly what's happening. Taking care of the elderly and infirm is a difficult, tiring, and frustrating job, and they can be extremely frustrating even at the best of times and when they're your loved ones. There's a reason when you're caregiving for a relative in your  home they want you to take a break now and then, Hospice even has the ability to put them in their facility for a few days to take the load off and let you recuperate some. Now, take all of this, and then add in that many nursing homes pay squat for their help, so what you get a lot of the times are the lower ends of the scale, unskilled, low IQ, unsuccessful people who are usually frustrated and wound up enough by their usual lives, then they have to take care of people who are often hard to deal with, plus the frustration builds up day after day after day.

It's a hard enough job if you love the person and are a well adjusted human being capable of reining in your emotions and anger and frustrations with life. Give the job to people who can't do that and this is what you get.

All of that is very true.  I've lived that most of my life, and while it was attending to loved ones, the fact remains that this kind of abuse does not occur in a vacuum.

The very elderly bruise when you look at them too hard.  The signs of abuse had to be there long before this video was shot.  Someone, or many someones, knew what was going on and they did nothing to stop it.

There is no excuse for this, none. 

These folks have lived into their eighties and nineties, sometimes longer, and to be abused and alone, confused by what's happening and having no hope of it stopping until they die...  Abusers of this sort should have to endure the abuses they inflict and keep enduring it.

Animals, children, the elderly, they are targeted by people who do not belong in a civilized society and when they get caught, someone will make excuses for them, want allowances made for their behavior and even attack the victims to divert attention away from the crime committed against them. 

There is no defense for this kind of behavior.  

Squirrel

I’m sure that nursing home worker just mistook her for a white person. Have we seen his middle school or high school photo yet? Have we heard his parents talk about all he ever wanted to do was help people? How he turned his life around to work there? All I know is we haven’t heard our left members condem it yet or call these the actions of an animal