To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
If having issues logging in with login name, try using your DISPLAY name. If your password is the issue and you did not update your email address prior to upgrade, use the Contact Us link at bottom of page for a reset. ×
Bronze & Silver Supporters now have ability to create a blog ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Pharmacy Board Loosens Restrictions on Hydroxychloroquine Prescriptions, Reversing Course

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Pharmacy Board Loosens Restrictions on Hydroxychloroquine Prescriptions, Reversing Course
KIM ROBERTS
MAY 15, 2020
The Texan

<More Here>

Dr. Ivette Lozano, who has been in medical practice for over 20 years, was shocked to learn in March that she would be required to share her patient’s diagnosis with the pharmacist before prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin would be dispensed.

On March 20, the Texas State Board of Pharmacy issued a new rule that no prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine or azithromycin could be dispensed without a diagnosis “consistent with evidence for its use.”

“Never before have we had to turn in a diagnosis with a prescription,” Lozano told The Texan. Lozano has seen about five to six patients per week for coronavirus. “They see a dramatic improvement within six to eight hours,” Lozano said.  

Health care attorney Matt Rinaldi said doctors have called him concerned about the requirement. He said the rule does not violate HIPAA regulations because patient information can be shared for treatment purposes.

“HIPAA is the bare minimum standard of privacy that patients expect, however,” Rinaldi added.

The Texas State Board of Pharmacy published the rule on its website with the explanation that it was meant to prevent hoarding of the medications during the coronavirus crisis.

(snip)

<More Here>

ThePatriot

“They see a dramatic improvement within six to eight hours,” Lozano said.

Anecdotal!  

Pay no attention to this man!

Oathtaker
1 hour ago, ThePatriot said:

“They see a dramatic improvement within six to eight hours,” Lozano said.

Anecdotal!  

Pay no attention to this man!

I understand that you are directing your comments to a particular individual.

That being said, the woman you quoted is a doctor. She carries both training and practical credentials and has met the standards of a professional certification body of peers. Given this, her observations and professional opinions are not anecdotes. They are qualified medical statements of fact. If she administers a course of treatment and see direct results it is evidence of correct procedure. It is not anecdote or “guessing” or some form of conjecture. 

Please don’t take this rant as some form of me lecturing you about this. I don’t have that right. Additionally I respect your opinion. This was an opportunity to say what was on my mind in reference to a “particular individual”.

Mr.Bill
57 minutes ago, Oathtaker said:

That being said, the woman you quoted is a doctor. She carries both training and practical credentials and has met the standards of a professional certification body of peers. Given this, her observations and professional opinions are not anecdotes. They are qualified medical statements of fact. If she administers a course of treatment and see direct results it is evidence of correct procedure. It is not anecdote or “guessing” or some form of conjecture. 

Please don’t take this rant as some form of me lecturing you about this. I don’t have that right. Additionally I respect your opinion. This was an opportunity to say what was on my mind in reference to a “particular individual”.

I might be wrong, but I think what Pat was saying was sarcasm

MontyPython
10 minutes ago, Mr.Bill said:

I'm certain of it.

:yes: 

Oathtaker
1 hour ago, Mr.Bill said:

Sarcasm for sure but, there were several articles posted  a month or so ago where the opining of one member was particularly inflexible concerning the use and efficacy of HCL. And anything outside of bonafide double blind test results had no meaning thereby rendering the use of this medicine and the positive effects “anecdotal”.

Dean Adam Smithee
2 minutes ago, Oathtaker said:

Sarcasm for sure but, there were several articles posted  a month or so ago where the opining of one member was particularly inflexible concerning the use and efficacy of HCL. And anything outside of bonafide double blind test results had no meaning thereby rendering the use of this medicine and the positive effects “anecdotal”.

That would be ME? :wave:

I've never told ANYONE to *NOT* take HCQ, that's between you and your MD who can consider the contraindications, but I won't "recommend" it either until the science is proven.

I'm not saying that HCQ isn't a possibility, or at least part of the mix.  What *I'm* railing against is the FRAUDSTERS, CHARLATANS, and QUACKS like the one if France and the one in upstate NY who both have claimed to have cure 100% of a gazillion patients with HCQ.  They've BOTH since been discredited yet there are STILL those who apparently want to glom onto it like it was engraved on stone tablets on Mount Sinai.

MontyPython

*YAWN*

The stupidity on the left is virtually immeasurable.

:rolleyes: 

gravelrash

Italy campaigned "hug a Chinese street performer" at the beginning of the pandemic. Thousands of dead later...

Ladybird
7 minutes ago, Apparews said:

The Feds Gave a Former White House Official $3 Million to Supply Masks to Navajo Hospitals. Some May Not Work.

Zach Fuentes, former deputy chief of staff to President Trump, won the contract just days after registering his company. He sold Chinese masks to the government just as federal regulators were scrutinizing foreign-made equipment.

A former White House aide won a $3 million federal contract to supply respirator masks to Navajo Nation hospitals in New Mexico and Arizona 11 days after he created a company to sell personal protective equipment in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Zach Fuentes, President Donald Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, secured the deal with the Indian Health Service with limited competitive bidding and no prior federal contracting experience.

The IHS told ProPublica it has found that 247,000 of the masks delivered by Fuentes’ company — at a cost of roughly $800,000 — may be unsuitable for medical use. An additional 130,400, worth about $422,000, are not the type specified in the procurement data, the agency said.

What’s more, the masks Fuentes agreed to provide — Chinese-made KN95s — have come under intense scrutiny from U.S. regulators amid concerns that they offered inadequate protection.

“The IHS Navajo Area Office will determine if these masks will be returned,” the agency said in a statement. The agency said it is verifying Fuentes’ company’s April 8 statement to IHS that all the masks were certified by the Food and Drug Administration, and an FDA spokesperson said the agency cannot verify if the products were certified without the name of the manufacturer.

Hospitals in the Navajo Nation, which spans Utah, New Mexico and Arizona, have been desperate for protective supplies as the numbers of coronavirus infections and deaths have grown quickly. As of Friday, the Navajo Nation reported 4,434 COVID-19 cases and 147 deaths, a crisis that has prompted outcries from members of Congress and demands for increased funding.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-feds-gave-a-former-white-house-official-3-million-to-supply-masks-to-navajo-hospitals-some-may-not-work

Typical..

ThePatriot
On 5/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Oathtaker said:

And it was very well said. :2up:

Taggart Transcontinental

“We had pharmacists calling early on saying that people were asking for 400 tablets on some prescriptions. The Board members gave this guidance to pharmacists,” Allison Benz, executive director of the Texas State Board of Pharmacy told The Texan.

This statement here does not equate to the order that the board of pharmacy gave, which was that pharmacists were not required to fill any prescriptions for HCQ that they disagreed with upon receiving the information from the doctor. Ordering a 14 day supply is not 400 pills.

On average, Lozano issues a prescription for COVID-19 treatment to last five days, about ten pills each of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc. She said she learned about the treatment from one of President Trump’s press conferences and began investigating it.

Hmm 10 pills! Oh the misery! What ever will we do with all those pills (in the millions, that the governments of the various states are hoarding, just to make Trump look bad).

The Texas Medical Association as of April 22 “recommends against using hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin to treat COVID-19” except in clinical trials.

As does the democrat party.

Taggart Transcontinental
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, Dean Adam Smithee said:

That would be ME? :wave:

I've never told ANYONE to *NOT* take HCQ, that's between you and your MD who can consider the contraindications, but I won't "recommend" it either until the science is proven.

I'm not saying that HCQ isn't a possibility, or at least part of the mix.  What *I'm* railing against is the FRAUDSTERS, CHARLATANS, and QUACKS like the one if France and the one in upstate NY who both have claimed to have cure 100% of a gazillion patients with HCQ.  They've BOTH since been discredited yet there are STILL those who apparently want to glom onto it like it was engraved on stone tablets on Mount Sinai.

How many drugs do you prescribe on a daily basis? I am just curious, I am a cop so I would recommend the cocktail described above but hey I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

The real important question is would you USE it if you got this crap and a doc said "you need to take this crap now", or worse if you were told by DOC 1 to "shelter in place until you can't breathe then go to a hospital and get on a respirator until your immune system destroys your internal organs", or go to option 2 and find a doc that said "you need this now before things get crazy and your immune system is overwhelmed".

Edited by Taggart Transcontinental

Ticked@TinselTown

Dr. Ivette Lozano, who has been in medical practice for over 20 years, was shocked to learn in March that she would be required to share her patient’s diagnosis with the pharmacist before prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin would be dispensed.

Wouldn't that be a HIPPA violation?