To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
If having issues logging in with login name, try using your DISPLAY name. If your password is the issue and you did not update your email address prior to upgrade, use the Contact Us link at bottom of page for a reset. ×
Bronze & Silver Supporters now have ability to create a blog ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Update Jadon Hayden

Rate this topic

kestrel

fox2detroit.com

Father of 20-year-old patient who beat elderly man at Detroit nursing home says son shouldn't have been there

DETROIT (FOX 2) -

The video of a 20-year-old brutally beating an elderly patient at a Detroit nursing home has gotten national attention - and even the President has weighed in. Now police are investigating a possible second incident caught on camera while the young man's father says there's more to the story.

The 20-year-old, who FOX 2 is not identifying as he has not yet been charged with a crime, was on video beating an elderly patient at Westwood Nursing Center earlier this week. The violent video is incredibly difficult to watch for most - including the father of the younger man, who says he's praying for the elderly victim.

Father of suspect in beating of Detroit nursing home patient apologizes, says son needs help

The father of a 20-year-old man seen on video beating an elderly man said his son has had several health issues growing home, has autism, and called from a group home in Chelsea last week to say he wasn't sleeping, was feeling anxious, and hearing voices.

"That hurts to see that," he said. "What he did is wrong and (I offer) my apologies to the victim's family."

The father, who asked not to be identified, said his son has had several health issues growing home, has autism, and called from a group home in Chelsea last week to say he wasn't sleeping, was feeling anxious, and hearing voices. 

"I just don't want people to think that he's this vicious individual. He's got mental issues," his father said.

He said his son called 911 and was taken to a mental health facility in Ann Arbor. Last Wednesday, he was diagnosed with COVID-19 and said he was supposed to be taken to another facility to be quarantined. 

RELATED: Online video shows 20-year-old beating elderly nursing home patient

"It should've never happened because he should've never been put in that environment."

His father also says there is a pending case in Washtenaw County where his son is accused of assaulting a staff member at another group home. The young man's father says he's had serious behavioral problems for a long time and should have been closely monitored at Westwood.

"Had I known he was there I would've never have consented to it," he said.

The rest here:

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/father-of-20-year-old-patient-who-beat-elderly-man-at-detroit-nursing-home-says-son-shouldnt-have-been-there

According to WXYZ.com the 75-year-old victim is a US veteran...And according to WXYZ Jaydon was moved the hospital last Wednesday. The assault on the elderly man took place LAST FRIDAY!
And police did not arrest Jaydon until yesterday — a week later — at that same nursing home!.Jaydon Hayden beat the hell out of the seniors and was still in the facility a week later!

Ticked@TinselTown

"I just don't want people to think that he's this vicious individual. He's got mental issues," his father said.

So, that means the injuries he inflicted and the pain from them wasn't felt because he's got mental issues?

He's a predator and he should be locked away from other people.

kestrel
6 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

So, that means the injuries he inflicted and the pain from them wasn't felt because he's got mental issues?

He's a predator and he should be locked away from other people.

The legal doc I posted in another thread shows that his Mom (I think) was trying to get some money because of vaccines but didn't follow thru on some of the paper work apparently he ain't vicious he's "autistic" ..I feel sorry for his dad..and he should be locked away from where he can hurt people?

Kestrel...

Dean Adam Smithee
14 hours ago, kestrel said:

He said his son called 911 and was taken to a mental health facility in Ann Arbor. Last Wednesday, he was diagnosed with COVID-19 and said he was supposed to be taken to another facility to be quarantined.

My definition of "quarantine" for a miscreant like this is a hole in the ground about 6' deep and yay long.

"Mental Issues"? Sure. My heart goes out to those who need a little assistance 'working things out' in order to be our best in this life-as-we-know it. . But there's a "line in the sand": Taking another life. That puts it into "Rabid Dog" territory and we all know what NEEDS to be done to rabid dogs. 

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
30 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

My definition of "quarantine" for a miscreant like this is a hole in the ground about 6' deep and yay long.

"Mental Issues"? Sure. My heart goes out to those who need a little assistance 'working things out' in order to be our best in this life-as-we-know it. . But there's a "line in the sand": Taking another life. That puts it into "Rabid Dog" territory and we all know what NEEDS to be done to rabid dogs. 

My first reaction also..but as you know one of my favorite themes is redemption..

Kestrel...