To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

'I Don't Think He Knows': Dave Portnoy Questions Fauci After Hearing 'Seven Different Answers' On Coronavirus

Rate this topic

Liz

Washington Examiner

by Spencer Neale

May 22, 2020 09:36 PM

Excerpt:

The founder of Barstool Sports is raising questions about the efficacy of the White House's top infectious disease doctor in charge of responding to the coronavirus.

Dave Portnoy told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Friday that he is unsure whether Dr. Anthony Fauci knows what he is doing after hearing Fauci make contrasting statements about the disease and how people can fight against it.

"I don't mean to pile on Fauci, but we're making very important decisions based on what he's saying, and I think it's OK to say, 'I really don't know guys,'" Portnoy said. "But I get the feeling that if you ask him this question or what's one plus one equal, you're going to get seven different answers. It's OK to say you don't know."

"It's a moving target. It's a disease we've never met with before, but that's why I think, at this point, you've got to let people, individuals make decisions for themselves," Portnoy said. "The only thing, as I said before, that we absolutely know for certain is that if you continue the quarantine, you continue the lockdown, tons of people are going to lose their livelihoods."

"Those people should have the choice to make the decision rather than depend on things that — listen, Fauci may be the nicest guy in the world, but he said, 'wear mask, don't wear mask,'" continued Portnoy. "He said, you know, 'The lockdown is going to go on indefinitely. We've got to end the lockdown.' So, it's just tough to really put that much stake in what he's saying when I don't think he knows."

*snip*

Full Commentary

Ticked@TinselTown

It's important to keep moving while working the levers behind the curtain...

Holland25

Time to stop listening to these doctors and return society to normal.

Severian

This is one of those situations where you really hope people like Dr. Fauci are competent and on the ball, but the history of government "experts" doesn't exactly bode well for that. In government the tradition seems to be to fail upwards, far beyond where the Peter Principle would ordinarily leave you at. No matter how many bungled predictions and failures, it doesn't seem to affect these people's career trajectories. See James Holdren, Obama's "science advisor" who has a decades long history of total failure in environmental and other predictions, but keeps getting listened to for some reason.

So, I don't trust any of them, there's something about service in the government bureaucracy that not only promotes the most incompetent, but seems to suck the competency out of people who started out sharp and capable.

• Agree (+1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
14 hours ago, Liz said:

The founder of Barstool Sports is raising questions about the efficacy of the White House's top infectious disease doctor in charge of responding to the coronavirus.

Dave Portnoy told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Friday that he is unsure whether Dr. Anthony Fauci knows what he is doing after hearing Fauci make contrasting statements about the disease and how people can fight against it.

The Founder of "Barstool Sports" vs a credentialed MD who is not just head of NSAID but has ALSO  been an advisor to 6 (count 'em 6) different presidents?

Frickin' Seriously? Is this guy "Norm" from "Cheers", or what?