Liz

Jeff Sessions Tells Trump His 'Anger' Over Recusal Won't Swing Senate Race

Rate this topic

Liz

Washington Examiner

by Daniel Chaitin

May 23, 2020 12:34 AM

Excerpt:

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions told President Trump his "anger" will not sway the outcome of the U.S. Senate race in Alabama.

A tweet from the president on Friday urging Alabamians to oppose Sessions because of his Russia investigation recusal prompted a late-evening response defending that fateful decision. It was as pointed a message as Sessions has ever directed at Trump.

"Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law," Sessions said to the president. "I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do."

Hours earlier, Trump encouraged Alabama residents to vote for Sessions's primary challenger, Tommy Tuberville, because of Sessions refusal to oversee what became special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia inquiry.

"3 years ago, after Jeff Sessions recused himself, the Fraudulent Mueller Scam began," Trump tweeted. "Alabama, do not trust Jeff Sessions. He let our Country down. That’s why I endorsed Coach Tommy Tuberville (@TTuberville), the true supporter of our #MAGA agenda!"

*snip*

Trump was reacting to a tweet from Tuberville with a campaign ad that highlighted the president's past criticisms of Sessions and showed the former Auburn University football coach promising to support the White House agenda.

Both Sessions and Tuberville have campaigned on their support of Trump, who is popular in their state, but Sessions has carried the added burden of a former boss who feels betrayed by the recusal and has made no effort to hide it.

Sessions, who left the attorney general job in November 2018, has repeatedly explained that he recused himself from the investigation into the Trump team's ties to Russia because he himself was peripherally a part of the campaign. In fact, Sessions was one of Trump's earliest supporters in the 2016 presidential contest.

*snip*

Full Story

zurg

Trump’s anger won’t “dictate” to people how to vote, because people are free to do as they wish, but it can INFLUENCE how people think about it. 

Sessions’ lack of anger didn’t “dictate” how democrats ran their Obamagate investigation but it certainly influenced it by not putting any bounds on it. 

Jeff Sessions sounds like a really stupid guy. Like very low IQ. He sort of looks it too, a bit of a deer in the headlights appearance. 

Ladybird
5 hours ago, Liz said:

"Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law," Sessions said to the president. "I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do."

Trump has never cared about the rule law, so why cry about it now? Because he wants Trump to love him again? Fat chance..

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Sessions looked like a gem at first, but turned out to be another gutless establishment turd protecting the status quo corruption .

The people of Alabama know better and he won't get his senate seat back.

• Agree (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Trump has never cared about the rule law, so why cry about it now? Because he wants Trump to love him again? Fat chance..

:bs: You lie.

• Like (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
30 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

:biglaugh: Wow, that's really rich coming from someone who thinks Obama walked on water.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

What incidents are you referring to as “never caring about the rule of law”? 

firecoco
2 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

:biglaugh: Wow, that's really rich coming from someone who thinks Obama walked on water.

I love how Obama says his administration never had one scandal...Always gives me a good laugh

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

2 hours ago, zurg said:

Yeah, you beat me to it, Zurg. I'd like to see some examples too.

:scratch: 

Ladybird
11 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Yeah, you beat me to it, Zurg. I'd like to see some examples too.

2 hours ago, zurg said:

To what end? You feel his claims of "total authority" and that no one, not congress or the courts, can hold him accountable while he is president are correct.

• Disagree (-1) 2

MontyPython
17 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

To what end? You feel his claims of "total authority" and that no one, not congress or the courts, can hold him accountable while he is president are correct.

That's a dodge. All I'm asking for are actual examples of Trump violating the rule of law. Not something he "said". Since you brazenly claimed he "has never cared about the rule law", you should be able to produce a few examples, right?

Please do.

B) 

zurg
11 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

That's a dodge. All I'm asking for are actual examples of Trump violating the rule of law. Not something he "said". Since you brazenly claimed he "has never cared about the rule law", you should be able to produce a few examples, right?

Please do.

B) 

:popcorn:

:tap: 

Dean Adam Smithee
11 hours ago, Liz said:

The problem with Sessions wasn't the recusal itself. The problem was that Sessions knew damned well, ahead of being picked for AG, that if picked he would have to recuse himself from the very first major case headed his way.

His 'duty' was to fully disclose this to Trump AHEAD OF TIME. No, he DIDN'T do his duty.

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

So...Apparews...Just like Ladybird you can only come up with things Trump has said, not actual violations of the law.

Thanks for playing.

:rolleyes: 

Edited to add: Now if you wanna see a few examples of Obama directly violating the rule of law, there are plenty available.

:coffeenpc: 

Edited by MontyPython

kestrel
7 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

So...Apparews...Just like Ladybird you can only come up with things Trump has said, not actual violations of the law.

Thanks for playing.

Edited to add: Now if you wanna see a few examples of Obama directly violating the rule of law, there are plenty available.

who do you think  Apparews really is?..alternative log in?...

Kestrel...

MontyPython
37 minutes ago, kestrel said:

who do you think  Apparews really is?..alternative log in?...

Kestrel...

Well I admit at first I thought it was just another reappearance of our hilariously obsessive-compulsive brain-damaged troll. But now that he's posted 3 times and the mods haven't deleted his posts I'm beginning to think he might actually be a newbie. Too bad he's as pathetically partisan as all the rest of our leftist posters.

:shrug: 

50 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Well I admit at first I thought it was just another reappearance of our hilariously obsessive-compulsive brain-damaged troll. But now that he's posted 3 times and the mods haven't deleted his posts I'm beginning to think he might actually be a newbie. Too bad he's as pathetically partisan as all the rest of our leftist posters.

That's because apparently no one has flagged his post for the mods to check to see if it is ****** the bear until I just did?

RedSoloCup
8 hours ago, Ladybird said:

8 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

:bs: You lie.

8 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

:exactly:

5 hours ago, firecoco said:

I love how Obama says his administration never had one scandal...Always gives me a good laugh

:exactly:

kestrel
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

:shrug: Me2..But I have a feeling..time will tell

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Ladybird said:

3 hours ago, MontyPython said:

Thanks for playing.

Oh and thanks... https://www.ruleoflawrepublicans.com/

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

???

Isn't that the same video containing nothing but talk that Apparews posted (before it got deleted)? AGAIN all I'm asking for are actual examples of Trump breaking the law.

Moderator T

I wonder if Sessions gets the primary win if Trump will damage his chances so badly that the Democrat will win.

4 hours ago, MontyPython said:

???

Isn't that the same video containing nothing but talk that Apparews posted (before it got deleted)? AGAIN all I'm asking for are actual examples of Trump breaking the law.

Good luck with that.

These same proggies just love to make crap up and have no proof to back it up.

4 hours ago, Moderator T said:

I wonder if Sessions gets the primary win if Trump will damage his chances so badly that the Democrat will win.

Would it make any difference with the end result?

Their state and nation will just get more of the exact same crap regardless.

4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

More of the usual dodging.