Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
If having issues logging in with login name, try using your DISPLAY name. If your password is the issue and you did not update your email address prior to upgrade, use the Contact Us link at bottom of page for a reset. ×
Bronze & Silver Supporters now have ability to create a blog ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Jeff Sessions Tells Trump His 'Anger' Over Recusal Won't Swing Senate Race

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Moderator T
1 minute ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

Would it make any difference with the end result?

Their state and nation will just get more of the exact same crap regardless.

That's demonstrably not true.   I get you hate Sessions. Most on the right do.  But if you think one of the most reliable conservative votes in the Senate in last couple decades voting is the same as a Democrat voting, you're wrong.  It also ignores basic Congressional mechanics and structure.  Even if he did vote with the Democrats on every bill (which literally is the opposite of what he'd do), just by caucusing with the Republicans he pushes the President's agenda and allows the party to control committee assignments and thus the legislative agenda of the Senate. 

Ignoring all of that even, keeping control of the Senate is not a given.  We can't afford to sabotage anyone on our side over personal vendettas.  If the Democrats take the Senate, Trump's presidency is over.  Even if they can't impeach him he will get absolutely nothing done.  There will be no wall.  There'll be no tax cuts.  

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock N' Roll Right Winger
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Moderator T said:

That's demonstrably not true.   I get you hate Sessions. Most on the right do.  But if you think one of the most reliable conservative votes in the Senate in last couple decades voting is the same as a Democrat voting, you're wrong.  It also ignores basic Congressional mechanics and structure.  Even if he did vote with the Democrats on every bill (which literally is the opposite of what he'd do), just by caucusing with the Republicans he pushes the President's agenda and allows the party to control committee assignments and thus the legislative agenda of the Senate. 

Ignoring all of that even, keeping control of the Senate is not a given.  We can't afford to sabotage anyone on our side over personal vendettas.  If the Democrats take the Senate, Trump's presidency is over.  Even if they can't impeach him he will get absolutely nothing done.  There will be no wall.  There'll be no tax cuts.  

No, what I said is indeed true. Sessions is FOS and he's useless because he won't back Trump so he's basically a democrap when it comes to doing his job in fighting the deep state.

You seem to have no problem in supporting the protectors of the status quo corruption.

 

Doing nothing is the same thing as enabling the corruption.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JerryL
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Moderator T said:

That's demonstrably not true.   I get you hate Sessions. Most on the right do.  But if you think one of the most reliable conservative votes in the Senate in last couple decades voting is the same as a Democrat voting, you're wrong.  It also ignores basic Congressional mechanics and structure.  Even if he did vote with the Democrats on every bill (which literally is the opposite of what he'd do), just by caucusing with the Republicans he pushes the President's agenda and allows the party to control committee assignments and thus the legislative agenda of the Senate. 

Ignoring all of that even, keeping control of the Senate is not a given.  We can't afford to sabotage anyone on our side over personal vendettas.  If the Democrats take the Senate, Trump's presidency is over.  Even if they can't impeach him he will get absolutely nothing done.  There will be no wall.  There'll be no tax cuts.  

I have mixed feelings about this.  I really don't mind Trump endorsing someone in a primary.  I just don't see what he gets by bashing Sessions...and I really don't like Sessions.  How about just saying what is positive with the other candidate and how the citizens of Alabama would be better served by him?  He can even put in comments like "new blood" and "fresh perspective not tainted by the swamp" if he wants to.

His petty attacks on Sessions are more than old, IMO.  He fired him, but he took his time doing so and, let's not forget, he HIRED him.  

Lastly, can't these career politicians, once they get a cabinet position and leave that, just go away?  Sessions, go home and retire, please.

Edited by JerryL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, JerryL said:

I have mixed feelings about this.  I really don't mind Trump endorsing someone in a primary.  I just don't see what he gets by bashing Sessions...and I really don't like Sessions.  How about just saying what is positive with the other candidate and how the citizens of Alabama would be better served by him?  He can even put in comments like "new blood" and "fresh perspective not tainted by the swamp" if he wants to.

His petty attacks on Sessions are more than old, IMO.  He fired him, but he took his time doing so and, let's not forget, he HIRED him.  

Lastly, can't these career politicians, once they get a cabinet position and leave that, just go away?  Sessions, go home and retire, please.

That would be a good way for Trump to do it, although I think there ARE times when he does that (with other people), but those times don’t make the headlines. 
 

On the other hand, Trump has just survived several coup attempts and sessions did zilch to help him so I understand the anger too. An attempt to depose a sitting president actually took place, with a made up story and lies, so it’s not wrong to expect your big guns to fight for you. 

Edited by zurg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator T
3 hours ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

No, what I said is indeed true. Sessions is FOS and he's useless because he won't back Trump so he's basically a democrap when it comes to doing his job in fighting the deep state.

You seem to have no problem in supporting the protectors of the status quo corruption.

 

Doing nothing is the same thing as enabling the corruption.

Literally none of this is true.  Point to anywhere in his voting record, which is what is relevant to a Senator and show me where he's "basically a democrap" or "useless."  Explain how the President's agenda would be exactly the same with a Dem in Session's seat or the Dems holding the Senate.

 

As for your deep state stuff, the way you talk everyone's in the deep state except for Trump as it is, even all the people Trump hires.  I'm not even going to attempt to discuss that nonsense.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator T
2 hours ago, zurg said:

That would be a good way for Trump to do it, although I think there ARE times when he does that (with other people), but those times don’t make the headlines. 
 

On the other hand, Trump has just survived several coup attempts and sessions did zilch to help him so I understand the anger too. An attempt to depose a sitting president actually took place, with a made up story and lies, so it’s not wrong to expect your big guns to fight for you. 

I don't blame Trump for being upset with Sessions.   I would expect a grown adult and the leader of the free world to have better self control though.  His opinion of Sessions is a secret to no one.  All he's doing is risking control of the Senate and thus his own agenda here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
7 hours ago, Moderator T said:

I don't blame Trump for being upset with Sessions.   I would expect a grown adult and the leader of the free world to have better self control though.  His opinion of Sessions is a secret to no one.  All he's doing is risking control of the Senate and thus his own agenda here.

Yes, it’s a risky play - however, if it works out, the benefit can be noticeable. I’m not sure which is the right way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...