Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Trump ramps up Twitter push on unfounded Scarborough conspiracy theory

Rate this topic

Ladybird

By Justine Coleman - 05/24/20 12:03 PM EDT

The Hill

Excerpt:

President Trump is ramping up his Twitter push on an unfounded conspiracy theory regarding the death of an intern for former Rep. Joe Scarborough, who now anchors MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The president tweeted on Sunday that there is “a lot of interest” in the story about “Psycho Joe Scarborough.” He encouraged his followers to read a 2017 article from conservative website True Pundit that alleged evidence showed foul play was involved in the death of Lori Klausutis, 28, in 2001.

“So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die?” Trump asked. “I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator?”

A lot of interest in this story about Psycho Joe Scarborough. So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die? I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator? Read story! https://t.co/CjBXBXxoNS

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 24, 2020

The president also mentioned the incident Saturday, retweeting a story about his call for an investigation into  death, which was ruled accidental.

“A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!” the president said. 

A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses! https://t.co/UxbS5gZecd

Klausutis died in 2001 in Scarborough’s district office, and a medical examiner ruled the death an accident saying she collapsed and hit her head on the desk due to an undiagnosed heart condition. 

<snip>

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird

Let me guess.. He's  publicly rehashing all of this because of his deep, caring concern for the late Lori Klausutis and her family, amiright? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython

Joe Scarborough is an idiot; A mindlessly-partisan idiot. I wouldn't trust him to honestly or accurately report the time of day.

But I don't believe he's a murderer.

B) 

AntiObama

I would love to give Joe Scarborough a guitar lesson with my 10 pound Gibson Les Paul back behind the recording studio.

I use to love to watch Pete Townshend, Ritchie Blackmore and Jimi Hendrix smash guitars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
4 minutes ago, AntiObama said:

I would love to give Joe Scarborough a guitar lesson with my 10 pound Gibson Les Paul back behind the recording studio.

I use to love to watch Pete Townshend, Ritchie Blackmore and Jimi Hendrix smash guitars.

Smashing Guitars? Sounds like a band name..

Why would you do that to a Gibson?

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladybird
1 hour ago, MontyPython said:

Joe Scarborough is an idiot; A mindlessly-partisan idiot. I wouldn't trust him to honestly or accurately report the time of day.

B) 

Neither do I.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee
39 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

B)

Are we talking the SAME Joe Scarborough? Or has he changed THAT much?

I'm asking honestly -  I've never seen ANY of his programs, but I DO remember when Rep. Joe Scarborough (R- FL 1) was one of the new wave of anti=Clinton congressman swept in during the '94 mid-terms and what I remember is pretty much how Wikipedia puts it:

...During his congressional career, he received a 95 percent lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union...

...Scarborough was one of a group of about 40 freshmen Republican legislators who dubbed themselves the "New Federalists" after The Federalist Papers. Scarborough was elected political director of the incoming legislators. The New Federalists called for sweeping cuts in the U.S. government, including plans to "privatize, localize, consolidate, [or] eliminate"[17] the Departments of Commerce, Education, Energy and Housing and Urban Development. Gingrich tapped Scarborough to head a Republican task force on education, and Scarborough declared, "Our goal is to get as much money, power, and authority out of Washington and get as much money, power, and authority into the classroom as possible."...

... Scarborough supported a number of anti-abortion positions while in Congress, including the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, that made it a crime to harm a fetus during the commission of other crimes.[20][21]

Scarborough sponsored a bill to force the U.S. to withdraw from the United Nations after a four-year transition[17] and voted to make the Corporation for Public Broadcasting self-sufficient[22] by eliminating federal funding. He also voted for the "Medicare Preservation act of 1995,"[23] which cut the projected growth of Medicare by $270 billion over ten years, and against the "Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996,"[24] which raised the minimum wage to $5.15. Scarborough had a conservative voting record on economic, social, and foreign policy issues but was seen as moderate on environmental issues and human rights causes...

... While in Congress, Scarborough received a number of awards, including the "Friend of the Taxpayer Award" from Americans for Tax Reform; the "Guardian of Small Business Award" from the National Federation of Independent Business; the "Spirit of Enterprise Award" from the United States Chamber of Commerce; the "Taxpayer's Hero Award" from the Citizens Against Government Waste; and the "Guardian of Seniors' Rights Award" from the 60 Plus Association.[citation needed]

Scarborough was one of the 228 members of the House who voted to impeach Bill Clinton in December 1998...

What's not to like? Of course, people DO change. And it HAS been almost 20 years since then. But it seems to me the Joe Scarborough is EXACTLY the sort that DJT should be trying to win over / win back rather than pissing off.

Dean Adam Smithee
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

The president also mentioned the incident Saturday, retweeting a story about his call for an investigation into  death, which was ruled accidental.

“A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!” the president said.

DJT, OF ALL PEOPLE, calling for an investigation into a non-crime over political differences???

HE, OF ALL PEOPLE, should have had enough of this crap that been going on for 4 years now. Where does it END??? Maybe the White Hous has misplaced the "The Buck Stops Here" sign that used to be on Truman's desk?

Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Smashing Guitars? Sounds like a band name..

Why would you do that to a Gibson?

Pumpkins, on the other hand...

MontyPython
52 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I'm asking honestly -  I've never seen ANY of his programs, but I DO remember when Rep. Joe Scarborough (R- FL 1) was one of the new wave of anti=Clinton congressman swept in during the '94 mid-terms and what I remember is pretty much how Wikipedia puts it:

...During his congressional career, he received a 95 percent lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union...

...Scarborough was one of a group of about 40 freshmen Republican legislators who dubbed themselves the "New Federalists" after The Federalist Papers. Scarborough was elected political director of the incoming legislators. The New Federalists called for sweeping cuts in the U.S. government, including plans to "privatize, localize, consolidate, [or] eliminate"[17] the Departments of Commerce, Education, Energy and Housing and Urban Development. Gingrich tapped Scarborough to head a Republican task force on education, and Scarborough declared, "Our goal is to get as much money, power, and authority out of Washington and get as much money, power, and authority into the classroom as possible."...

... Scarborough supported a number of anti-abortion positions while in Congress, including the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, that made it a crime to harm a fetus during the commission of other crimes.[20][21]

Scarborough sponsored a bill to force the U.S. to withdraw from the United Nations after a four-year transition[17] and voted to make the Corporation for Public Broadcasting self-sufficient[22] by eliminating federal funding. He also voted for the "Medicare Preservation act of 1995,"[23] which cut the projected growth of Medicare by $270 billion over ten years, and against the "Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996,"[24] which raised the minimum wage to $5.15. Scarborough had a conservative voting record on economic, social, and foreign policy issues but was seen as moderate on environmental issues and human rights causes...

... While in Congress, Scarborough received a number of awards, including the "Friend of the Taxpayer Award" from Americans for Tax Reform; the "Guardian of Small Business Award" from the National Federation of Independent Business; the "Spirit of Enterprise Award" from the United States Chamber of Commerce; the "Taxpayer's Hero Award" from the Citizens Against Government Waste; and the "Guardian of Seniors' Rights Award" from the 60 Plus Association.[citation needed]

Scarborough was one of the 228 members of the House who voted to impeach Bill Clinton in December 1998...

What's not to like? Of course, people DO change. And it HAS been almost 20 years since then. But it seems to me the Joe Scarborough is EXACTLY the sort that DJT should be trying to win over / win back rather than pissing off.

Well I admit that sure makes it sound like two different people. So maybe it is. I really don't know. :shrug: You say you've never seen any of his shows, well I've never studied the political history of the Joe Scarborough whose show is on MSNBC. But I have seen his shows, Lots of them. He's every bit as rotten-to-the-core partisan & dishonest as the rest of that ilk - Maddow, Lemon, Cuomo, Sharpton, etc. 

So if the guy described by Wiki is the same guy I'm talking about then yeah, LOL, he has indeed changed. 

:yes: 

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

By Justine Coleman - 05/24/20 12:03 PM EDT

The Hill

Excerpt:

President Trump is ramping up his Twitter push on an unfounded conspiracy theory regarding the death of an intern for former Rep. Joe Scarborough, who now anchors MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The president tweeted on Sunday that there is “a lot of interest” in the story about “Psycho Joe Scarborough.” He encouraged his followers to read a 2017 article from conservative website True Pundit that alleged evidence showed foul play was involved in the death of Lori Klausutis, 28, in 2001.

“So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die?” Trump asked. “I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator?”

A lot of interest in this story about Psycho Joe Scarborough. So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die? I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator? Read story! https://t.co/CjBXBXxoNS

A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses! https://t.co/UxbS5gZecd

Klausutis died in 2001 in Scarborough’s district office, and a medical examiner ruled the death an accident saying she collapsed and hit her head on the desk due to an undiagnosed heart condition. 

<snip>

3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Let me guess.. He's  publicly rehashing all of this because of his deep, caring concern for the late Lori Klausutis and her family, amiright? 

:yawn:

:dramaqueen:

Defending that MSNBC POS now? Not surprising.

Anything to scream ORANGEMANBAD, of course.

Edited by RedSoloCup
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Well I admit that sure makes it sound like two different people. So maybe it is. I really don't know. :shrug: You say you've never seen any of his shows, well I've never studied the political history of the Joe Scarborough whose show is on MSNBC. But I have seen his shows, Lots of them. He's every bit as rotten-to-the-core partisan & dishonest as the rest of that ilk - Maddow, Lemon, Cuomo, Sharpton, etc. 

So if the guy described by Wiki is the same guy I'm talking about then yeah, LOL, he has indeed changed. 

:yes: 

Same person.  He was actually supportive of Trumps candidacy, even helping to promote him.   It was criticized as too friendly by some in the media. But then the host started to be critical of him and the relationship fell apart.  The details of the breakup (according to Scarborough):

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/joe-scarborough-details-trump-falling-out-he-screamed-at-me-204793/

Edited by Ladybird
  • Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

So she had a heart condition, fainted and was found under a desk? Wonder if she had semen in her mouth at the time of the heart condition. Or maybe she died of asphyxia during oral sex and he reacted by pushing her back striking her head?

No I think it's 100% plausible that she had a un-diagnosed heart condition, and died of that in his office while under his desk looking for Oh I don't know a pen. Happens all the time!

Just like the guy that got capped in DC during the bad robbery, where the thugs did not take his watch (over 400 dollars), wallet, or cell phone while shooting him in the back.

• Agree (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental
6 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

He was bought and paid for by the one world order types. That's what happened to him. Now he's just another Chinese talking point stooge.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

So she had a heart condition, fainted and was found under a desk? Wonder if she had semen in her mouth at the time of the heart condition. Or maybe she died of asphyxia during oral sex and he reacted by pushing her back striking her head?

No I think it's 100% plausible that she had a un-diagnosed heart condition, and died of that in his office while under his desk looking for Oh I don't know a pen. Happens all the time!

Just like the guy that got capped in DC during the bad robbery, where the thugs did not take his watch (over 400 dollars), wallet, or cell phone while shooting him in the back.

Who said she was found under a desk (besides Trump)? This was a young woman with a family, including a husband. Dredging all of this up again, purely because of some petty feud, is cruel and vindictive.

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
16 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Who said she was found under a desk (besides Trump)? This was a young woman with a family, including a husband. Dredging all of this up again, purely because of some petty feud, is cruel and vindictive.

You do realize that there is information in a police report that may be received by people that have classified access. Some details are not released to the public about ALL cases involving death. Those are things only a killer would know and those spontaneous utterances stated or acknowledged at a time of interview are usually what trips up a good murderer.

Dennis the Menace dredging up all sorts of dirt on Trump is not being cruel and vindictive? Its being a good reporter right? Funny how the bread only lands butter side down when Trump does it right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

You do realize that there is information in a police report that may be received by people that have classified access. Some details are not released to the public about ALL cases involving death. Those are things only a killer would know and those spontaneous utterances stated or acknowledged at a time of interview are usually what trips up a good murderer.

Dennis the Menace dredging up all sorts of dirt on Trump is not being cruel and vindictive? Its being a good reporter right? Funny how the bread only lands butter side down when Trump does it right?

So you think Trump has access to some classified information, being president and all, and that's why he's blurting it out on twitter, while calling for an investigation?

• Like (+1) 1

MontyPython
Posted (edited)

Edited by MontyPython

zurg
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

So you think Trump has access to some classified information, being president and all, and that's why he's blurting it out on twitter, while calling for an investigation?

So you think this is just Trump being vindictive and making up stuff with no data? I’m not too sure about that - I’ll reserve judgment until more facts are out, if they come out. 

If that Joe was a staunch conservative, but became a flaming leftist, that’s certainly a point to raise a few questions as well. Maybe it’s been analyzed but I haven’t seen it. 

This may be a dumb move by Trump but I’m not ready to throw him under the bus because he tweets something outrageous. When he tweeted about being wiretapped, almost everyone lost their minds and called him a liar. Yet he was exactly correct. Where are the people lining up to say, sorry I accused Trump wrongly? Nowhere. 

So, wait and see. 

Ladybird
18 minutes ago, zurg said:

So you think this is just Trump being vindictive and making up stuff with no data? I’m not too sure about that - I’ll reserve judgment until more facts are out, if they come out. 

If that Joe was a staunch conservative, but became a flaming leftist, that’s certainly a point to raise a few questions as well. Maybe it’s been analyzed but I haven’t seen it. 

This may be a dumb move by Trump but I’m not ready to throw him under the bus because he tweets something outrageous. When he tweeted about being wiretapped, almost everyone lost their minds and called him a liar. Yet he was exactly correct. Where are the people lining up to say, sorry I accused Trump wrongly? Nowhere. 

So, wait and see. 

Is Scarborough a "flaming leftist"? I'm not regular watcher, but he doesn't appear so to me. He has been pointedly critical of Trump, but that doesn't make him a leftist.

If there is something to this conspiracy, do you really think twitter blasts, with name calling like "psycho joe" are going to get to the bottom of it? 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
1 minute ago, Ladybird said:

Is Scarborough a "flaming leftist"? I'm not regular watcher, but he doesn't appear so to me. He has been pointedly critical of Trump, but that doesn't make him a leftist.

If there is something to this conspiracy, do you really think twitter blasts, with name calling like "psycho joe" are going to get to the bottom of it? 

He’s on NBC or MSNBC or one of the national (democrat) media isn’t he? So he’s a flaming leftist. Nothing else is allowed for as long as he’s been there. 

I have no idea whether Trump’s tweet is going to get to the bottom of it all, but I’m rather certain that if Trump tried to do it through official channels in the government, it would be buried and nothing would be done. 

I get it that Trump gets a grade of exactly zero from you on a scale of zero to 100. However, there are many people who don’t agree with you and understand that for a lot of issues, particularly those having to do with lies spread by the fake news media, Trump’s only course of action is to throw something out there for all to see. Whether anything happens remains to be seen. All I’m saying is that I’m not immediately going to assume Trump is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, zurg said:

He’s on NBC or MSNBC or one of the national (democrat) media isn’t he? So he’s a flaming leftist. Nothing else is allowed for as long as he’s been there. 

I have no idea whether Trump’s tweet is going to get to the bottom of it all, but I’m rather certain that if Trump tried to do it through official channels in the government, it would be buried and nothing would be done. 

I get it that Trump gets a grade of exactly zero from you on a scale of zero to 100. However, there are many people who don’t agree with you and understand that for a lot of issues, particularly those having to do with lies spread by the fake news media, Trump’s only course of action is to throw something out there for all to see. Whether anything happens remains to be seen. All I’m saying is that I’m not immediately going to assume Trump is wrong. 

He's the one throwing out fake news and seeing what sticks. He has been doing this long before he ran for president.  I get that for those who traffic in this kind of muck, whether from the right or the left,  it means nothing if the grieving families of those who's names are dragged through the mud are hurt just to advance some conspiracy theory.

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
17 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Yes, Scarborough is a flaming leftist, as well as a shameless liar and hypocrite and everything else that distinguishes leftists from honest, intelligent, moral, objective people. And the same goes for his idiot squeeze, Mika the mindless minion.

And I AM a regular watcher.

<_< 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
26 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Yes he is, And his human blow-up doll Mika the Karen.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
7 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

He's the one throwing out fake news and seeing what sticks. He has been doing this long before he ran for president.  I get that for those who traffic in this kin of muck, whether from the right or the left,  it means nothing if the grieving families of those who's names are dragged through the mud are hurt, just to advance some conspiracy theory.

We were primarily talking about what to say regarding Trump’s tweet and why he chose that way of communicating. I see that you want to now blame me for being uncaring because I don’t immediately believe your point of view. Nice. 

• Like (+1) 1