To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Trump ramps up Twitter push on unfounded Scarborough conspiracy theory

Rate this topic

Ladybird
19 minutes ago, zurg said:

We were primarily talking about what to say regarding Trump’s tweet and why he chose that way of communicating. I see that you want to now blame me for being uncaring because I don’t immediately believe your point of view. Nice. 

I don't make things personal here, unlike others, but if you see yourself in that quote I can't help it.

I was talking about those who traffic in conspiracy theories, especially ones like Trump who now holds the bully pulpit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2

zurg
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

I don't make things personal here, unlike others, but if you see yourself in that quote I can't help it.

I was talking about those who traffic in conspiracy theories, especially ones like Trump who now holds the bully pulpit.

It read as a possible personal reference to me, I would be happy to take your word that I misunderstood, but now you most certainly make a personal reference to me, right after you said you don’t do that. Could you at least be clear about what you mean? 

LeansToTheRight
2 hours ago, zurg said:

It read as a possible personal reference to me, I would be happy to take your word that I misunderstood, but now you most certainly make a personal reference to me, right after you said you don’t do that. Could you at least be clear about what you mean? 

It’s her usual schtick.  Title of Queen of Obtunesia is well earned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
On 5/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, zurg said:

How could I be clearer? Unless you are also trafficking in muck, I wasn't talking about you. So you can stop playing the victim.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

How could I be clearer? Unless you are also trafficking in muck, I wasn't talking about you. So you can stop playing the victim.

Good one. Kudos. No irony, even. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladybird

Meanwhile...

Widower of Scarborough staffer asks Twitter to remove Trump’s conspiracy theories

By ELI OKUN

05/26/2020 08:57 AM EDT

Updated: 05/26/2020 10:17 AM EDT

The widower of a woman whose 2001 death has become fodder for baseless conspiracy theories spread by President Donald Trump is appealing directly to the head of Twitter to take down the president‘s tweets.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong to him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, which was dated last week but gained attention Tuesday when The New York Times’ Kara Swisher published it in an op-ed.

But Klausutis’ letter was not enough to move Twitter or Trump. Twitter will not be removing the posts at this time, according to a company spokesperson.

“We are deeply sorry about the pain these statements, and the attention they are drawing, are causing the family,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “We’ve been working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly.”

Klausutis’ wife, Lori, died at age 28 from a fall precipitated by an undiagnosed heart condition, as confirmed by the medical examiner and police. Nineteen years later, her death is making headlines because of her employer at the time: then-Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.). She was working in a Florida office, while Scarborough was in Washington at the time of her death.

But now Scarborough is an outspoken — and, thanks to his MSNBC talk show “Morning Joe,” prominent — critic of Trump. So fringe conspiracy theories that have circulated in the past began to bubble up again, intimating he might have murdered Lori Klausutis. The president and his family were quick to pick up on the thread in multiple tweets this month.

<snip>

Politico

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2

kestrel
On 5/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ladybird said:

IOW..."We who are holy..and I who am holiest of all!..First the lie ("I don't make things personal") then the Virtue signaling ("Unlike others") Then the false accusation and blaming ("but if you see yourself in that quote I can't help it".) More Virtue signaling ("I was talking about those who traffic in conspiracy theories") and then the guilt by association ("especially ones like Trump who now holds the bully pulpit")...Follows the same pattern every time...there a couple of posters here that follow the EXACT pattern..almost like there might be collusion or something🥱

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Specs
On 5/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, Ladybird said:

By Justine Coleman - 05/24/20 12:03 PM EDT

The Hill

Excerpt:

President Trump is ramping up his Twitter push on an unfounded conspiracy theory regarding the death of an intern for former Rep. Joe Scarborough, who now anchors MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

The president tweeted on Sunday that there is “a lot of interest” in the story about “Psycho Joe Scarborough.” He encouraged his followers to read a 2017 article from conservative website True Pundit that alleged evidence showed foul play was involved in the death of Lori Klausutis, 28, in 2001.

“So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die?” Trump asked. “I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator?”

A lot of interest in this story about Psycho Joe Scarborough. So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die? I would think there is a lot more to this story than that? An affair? What about the so-called investigator? Read story! https://t.co/CjBXBXxoNS

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 24, 2020

The president also mentioned the incident Saturday, retweeting a story about his call for an investigation into  death, which was ruled accidental.

“A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!” the president said. 

A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he’s a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses! https://t.co/UxbS5gZecd

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 24, 2020

Klausutis died in 2001 in Scarborough’s district office, and a medical examiner ruled the death an accident saying she collapsed and hit her head on the desk due to an undiagnosed heart condition. 

<snip>

Being sexually assaulted by Joe tends to cause people to hit their heads and have a heart condition.

You keep using sources that are fake news. You are not qualified to have an opinion on this matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Specs said:

Being sexually assaulted by Joe tends to cause people to hit their heads and have a heart condition.

You keep using sources that are fake news. You are not qualified to have an opinion on this matter.

Right... Alex Jones, Jim Hoft, and that Nazi guy someone posted a thread from are the reliable sources.   It doesn't matter if Scarborough was not in town.. They were having sex! It doesn't matter if her own family says she was feeling poorly.. She was perfectly healthy!  My president says so!

Edited by Ladybird
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

mjperry51
On 5/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, Ladybird said:

He's the one throwing out fake news and seeing what sticks. He has been doing this long before he ran for president.  I get that for those who traffic in this kind of muck, whether from the right or the left,  it means nothing if the grieving families of those who's names are dragged through the mud are hurt just to advance some conspiracy theory.

I can't recall you ever getting out of sorts about CNN, MSNBC, the NYT or other MSM outlets spewing fake news.

Looks like a bad case of selective outrage to me -- something for which you're famous . . .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
14 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Right... Alex Jones, Jim Hoft, and that Nazi guy someone posted a thread from are the reliable sources.   It doesn't matter if Scarborough was not in town.. They were having sex! It doesn't matter if her own family says she was feeling poorly.. She was perfectly healthy!  My president says so!

Nope, I'm not letting you get away with that (And please remember I made it clear I don't believe Scarborough murdered that girl): I admit I have no idea who Jim Hoft is. But you know perfectly well nobody around here but our resident conspiracy nutcases take Alex Jones seriously. And once it was pointed out who the "Nazi guy" in the other thread was, he lost all credibility & support too. So your attempt at a "what about" comparison just doesn't work.

<_< 

• Like (+1) 1

Ladybird
5 minutes ago, mjperry51 said:

I can't recall you ever getting out of sorts about CNN, MSNBC, the NYT or other MSM outlets spewing fake news.

Looks like a bad case of selective outrage to me -- something for which you're famous . . .

This is not about a news personality or a public figure. This is about a young woman whose death is seemingly being used by this president to bash a member of the press who has been critical of him, with no regard for her family.  Can you muster any comment on that or do you just want to talk about me?

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Just now, MontyPython said:

Nope, I'm not letting you get away with that (And please remember I made it clear I don't believe Scarborough murdered that girl): I admit I have no idea who Jim Hoft is. But you know perfectly well nobody around here but our resident conspiracy nutcases take Alex Jones seriously. And once it was pointed out who the "Nazi guy" in the other thread was, he lost all credibility & support too. So your attempt at a "what about" comparison just doesn't work.

<_< 

Did you read that thread? I don't think you did..  Besides, Spec claimed that I was not "qualified to have an opinion" on this because my posted links are from mainstream sources. Do you think that's true?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Did you read that thread? I don't think you did..  Besides, Spec claimed that I was not "qualified to have an opinion" on this because my posted links are from mainstream sources. Do you think that's true?

Yes, I read that thread. As for Specs' comment, I can't speak for him/her.

B)

mjperry51
5 hours ago, Ladybird said:

This is not about a news personality or a public figure. This is about a young woman whose death is seemingly being used by this president to bash a member of the press who has been critical of him, with no regard for her family.  Can you muster any comment on that or do you just want to talk about me?

You're the one who characterized Trump's tweet as "fake news".

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully if you don't want to own up to them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
28 minutes ago, mjperry51 said:

You're the one who characterized Trump's tweet as "fake news".

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully if you don't want to own up to them.

It is fake news, and he's the one who has been bitching about 'FAKE NEWS!' since before he was sworn in. 

Do you have an opinion on anything other than my posting style?. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

mjperry51
11 hours ago, Ladybird said:

It is fake news, and he's the one who has been bitching about 'FAKE NEWS!' since before he was sworn in. 

Do you have an opinion on anything other than my posting style?. 

No -- your posting "style" says it all.

You cannot be taken seriously. You're a perpetual victim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dutch13
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 7:32 AM, Ladybird said:

Who said she was found under a desk (besides Trump)? This was a young woman with a family, including a husband. Dredging all of this up again, purely because of some petty feud, is cruel and vindictive.

I was surprised by the "found the next morning".  If my wife doesn't come home, I am finding out where she is. 

I would imagine they knew she was at work.  Why wouldn't someone go by the office and see her car? 

That makes me wonder if her husband wasn't used to her being out all night.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Dutch13
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 7:56 AM, Ladybird said:

So you think Trump has access to some classified information, being president and all, and that's why he's blurting it out on twitter, while calling for an investigation?

I don't think that Trump is doing anything that Obama didn't do to him.  As the President, he has access to all of our national intelligence and as we found out during the 1990's, FBI files are left laying around the White House all the time. 

• Disagree (-1) 1

Dutch13
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:02 AM, MontyPython said:

Yes, Scarborough is a flaming leftist, as well as a shameless liar and hypocrite and everything else that distinguishes leftists from honest, intelligent, moral, objective people. And the same goes for his idiot squeeze, Mika the mindless minion.

And I AM a regular watcher.

<_< 

And Donald Trump is the exact same type of guy.....except he is currently a populist. 

• Disagree (-1) 1

Ladybird
8 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

I don't think that Trump is doing anything that Obama didn't do to him.  As the President, he has access to all of our national intelligence and as we found out during the 1990's, FBI files are left laying around the White House all the time. 

Using the accidental death of a young woman to settle a petty political feud?

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/24/2020 at 8:32 PM, Taggart Transcontinental said:

He was bought and paid for by the one world order types. That's what happened to him. Now he's just another Chinese talking point stooge.

As all are the MSNBC/CNN stooges.

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Meanwhile...

Widower of Scarborough staffer asks Twitter to remove Trump’s conspiracy theories

By ELI OKUN

05/26/2020 08:57 AM EDT

Updated: 05/26/2020 10:17 AM EDT

The widower of a woman whose 2001 death has become fodder for baseless conspiracy theories spread by President Donald Trump is appealing directly to the head of Twitter to take down the president‘s tweets.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong to him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, which was dated last week but gained attention Tuesday when The New York Times’ Kara Swisher published it in an op-ed.

But Klausutis’ letter was not enough to move Twitter or Trump. Twitter will not be removing the posts at this time, according to a company spokesperson.

“We are deeply sorry about the pain these statements, and the attention they are drawing, are causing the family,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “We’ve been working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly.”

Klausutis’ wife, Lori, died at age 28 from a fall precipitated by an undiagnosed heart condition, as confirmed by the medical examiner and police. Nineteen years later, her death is making headlines because of her employer at the time: then-Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.). She was working in a Florida office, while Scarborough was in Washington at the time of her death.

But now Scarborough is an outspoken — and, thanks to his MSNBC talk show “Morning Joe,” prominent — critic of Trump. So fringe conspiracy theories that have circulated in the past began to bubble up again, intimating he might have murdered Lori Klausutis. The president and his family were quick to pick up on the thread in multiple tweets this month.

<snip>

Politico

I hope Twitter tells him "Tough Titty".

Edited by RedSoloCup
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/25/2020 at 1:40 PM, LeansToTheRight said:

It’s her usual schtick.  Title of Queen of Obtunesia is well earned.

:exactly:

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
5 minutes ago, RedSoloCup said:

I hope Twitter tells him "Tough Titty".

Trumpsters... So predictable.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1