To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Trump ramps up Twitter push on unfounded Scarborough conspiracy theory

Rate this topic

zurg
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

You can start with his sanctimonious, multiple criticisms of the previous president's playing golf, even claiming "he won't have time to play golf".

Yeah.. https://trumpgolfcount.com/

There's more. There's so much more, but that's not what this thread is about.

So your golf count link says on the front "Trump Golf Count: 251". Then I clicked on the 251, and it has all of the outings listed:

• Page 1 (first 100): 50 of them are "maybe played" or "did not play"
  • Page 2 (second 100): 54 of them are "maybe played" or "did not play"
  • Page 3 (last 51): 28 of them are "maybe played" or "did not play"

So he actually has played 251-132=119 times, which over 41 months averages to 2.9 times per month. The other times he visited a golf club. Obama played 42 times per year (334 times total over 8 years), which averages to 3.5 per month (Obama golfed 0.6 times per month more than Trump)

Regarding Trump saying that he won't have time to play golf (while he was campaigning), he hasn't lived up to that...but so far Trump has been able to get way more positive things for ALL of America done than Obama could ever dream of. If you want to call this statistic "sanctimonious" while Obama's "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" deserves not even a passing mention, that's your choice, but I'm here to point out to others that you're just plain wrong.

zurg
4 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

When he was just a private citizen, Trump was apparently not OK with the president playing golf. He tweeted three times in October 2014 criticizing Obama for playing golf. “President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!” In another tweet, he wrote, “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.” The next day, he complained that not only do taxpayers “pay for Obama’s travel,” but that we “pay for his golf.” According to CNN, he said at a 2016 event that if elected, “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

In 2013 Trump tweeted that it was “unbelievable” how Obama’s vacation was costing taxpayers. In his first month in office, Trump’s three trips to his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida cost the Federal Treasury an estimated $10 million. That’s almost as much as Obama’s travel expenses for an entire year, which averaged $12.1 million annually during his presidency. A report from the Government Accountability Office — which calculated the cost of one of Obama’s trips in 2013 that Politico found was nearly identical to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago visits — indicates that Trump’s visits to his Florida club likely cost taxpayers approximately $3.6 million each time.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2016/02/25/donald-trumps-hypocrisies/

Trump was both FOR and AGAINST the invasion of Iraq.

Trump was both FOR and AGAINST the invasion of Libya.

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012

Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?

- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2014

I am running out of time.  Search "Trump Tweets that didn't age well" and have fun.

So you too, like LB, think that a statement that "I won't have time to play golf" qualifies as shameless lying or hypocrisy? Really? That's one of the best things you can come up with? A quip about GOLF? Wow. Just wow. I expected more, gotta confess.

And the for and against Iraq/Libya invasion statements. How may years apart? Said in what context? Said while having what information? Okay, they could be short-sighted or flip-flop comments but again, where's the sanctimonious lying and/or hypocrisy? Explain.

And the quote about "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy". What was the context? What had happened? Did he mean it very broadly like you suggest? How long ago did he make that comment? Has he acted like that comment while president? Are people - even presidents - allowed to change their opinions, lest they become hypocrites?

And the quote about "Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?" What was the context? Are you implying that Trump is grossly incompetent? 

My advice to you: don't vote for Trump. It'll drive you to drink.

• Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
20 minutes ago, zurg said:

don't vote for Trump. It'll drive you to drink.

I'll warm up the car...

;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladybird
1 hour ago, zurg said:

So you too, like LB, think that a statement that "I won't have time to play golf" qualifies as shameless lying or hypocrisy? Really? That's one of the best things you can come up with? A quip about GOLF? Wow. Just wow. I expected more, gotta confess.

And the for and against Iraq/Libya invasion statements. How may years apart? Said in what context? Said while having what information? Okay, they could be short-sighted or flip-flop comments but again, where's the sanctimonious lying and/or hypocrisy? Explain.

And the quote about "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy". What was the context? What had happened? Did he mean it very broadly like you suggest? How long ago did he make that comment? Has he acted like that comment while president? Are people - even presidents - allowed to change their opinions, lest they become hypocrites?

And the quote about "Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?" What was the context? Are you implying that Trump is grossly incompetent? 

My advice to you: don't vote for Trump. It'll drive you to drink.

You asked specifically for examples of hypocrisy and then get upset when they are presented.. 

The hypocrisy on presidential executive orders is just another example..

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
On 5/27/2020 at 10:26 AM, Moderator T said:

I don't think they should remove it.  That said the President should remove it and apologize.  We wouldn't tolerate a liberal inventing a conspiracy theory and using this poor woman's tragedy to their advantage.

At this point, I don't believe it should be removed either. Too late for that now.

In fact I think twitter and the other platforms should allow Trump to rant, rave, and lie all he wants.  If he wants to appeal solely to his base, got for it. It's not like there's no recourse in countering his message.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

zurg
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

You asked specifically for examples of hypocrisy and then get upset when they are presented.. 

The hypocrisy on presidential executive orders is just another example..

Upset? I'm not upset, I'm baffled. You didn't present examples that prove the argument you're trying to make. 

Really, I was expecting more, even from you and Dutch.

• Haha (+1) 1

Moderator T

Trump Announces He's Leaving Twitter For Myspace

Babylon Bee

5/28/20

EXCERPT:

After a dispute with Twitter over fact-checking his tweets, President Trump announced this morning that he would be deleting his Twitter account and moving to Myspace.

The president ordered Myspace to restore its retro layout immediately so he could make a "tight" profile page. He then debuted his new profile, which includes lyrics to his favorite songs, an auto-playing Dashboard Confessional song, and his daily thoughts and musings in a new blog section titled "don's thoughts."

(Full Story)

article-6261-art5ed0028a25c4d.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

Dutch13
13 hours ago, zurg said:

No, that is one of the easiest to come up with. 

It is obvious that you don't care that we have a hypocritical liar in the White House......as long as he is YOUR hypocritical liar. 

You have a lot of questions:  google.com or bing.com can provide your answers.  We all know that you are not honestly interested in having the conversation, though.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo

Lying Hypocrite-in-Chief:

Slams Fed for keeping interests rates low as a political favor to Obama.  Shamelessly pushed Fed for lower interest rates as president.

Tells America unamployment statistics are fake and it is actually 30-40%. Touts low unemployment as soon as gets into office.

Outraged that Obama played golf! Promissed to not have time to go to resorts and play golf when in WH! - goes to his resorts and plays golf more than any president.

Outraged that Obama spent 12 million a year on travel. Spends ten times that as president.

Told people to never belive any story based on annonymous sources. Constantly tells stories based on annonymous sources.

Has said that Whistleblower must testify in person, not submit written answers. Refused to testify in person, refused to answer obstruction questions, submits written answers to select questions in Mueller probe.

Criticized Romney for not releasing tax returns, promissed mutiple times to release his own. Kept lying about IRS audits preventing him from releasing his tax returns. He now says there will be no tax returns released (except what he selectively leaked)

Slams Obama for deficit, promises to pay off all debt in 8 years. Has smashed all deficit records as president. It will be  up to 4 TRILLION this year.

DhoX2JmW4AAOOqV.jpg

I can go on for pages and pages and pages.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

kestrel
10 hours ago, AntonToo said:

Slams Fed for keeping interests rates low as a political favor to Obama.  Shamelessly pushed Fed for lower interest rates as president.

Tells America unamployment statistics are fake and it is actually 30-40%. Touts low unemployment as soon as gets into office.

Outraged that Obama played golf! Promissed to not have time to go to resorts and play golf when in WH! - goes to his resorts and plays golf more than any president.

Outraged that Obama spent 12 million a year on travel. Spends ten times that as president.

Told people to never belive any story based on annonymous sources. Constantly tells stories based on annonymous sources.

Has said that Whistleblower must testify in person, not submit written answers. Refused to testify in person, refused to answer obstruction questions, submits written answers to select questions in Mueller probe.

Criticized Romney for not releasing tax returns, promissed mutiple times to release his own. Kept lying about IRS audits preventing him from releasing his tax returns. He now says there will be no tax returns released (except what he selectively leaked)

Slams Obama for deficit, promises to pay off all debt in 8 years. Has smashed all deficit records as president. It will be  up to 4 TRILLION this year.

DhoX2JmW4AAOOqV.jpg

And guess what?..Hillary still won't be President....oh yeah an early Christmas Winter Solstice present for you...Trump will still be President!...Basically what you need to know is no matter how much he drives you right out of your little pea brain he is..and will be the President...You can post lies and half truths?...still the President...Immerse your self in the gratuitousness of self righteous virtue signaling...Still President Trump!...Whimper and sob about how unfair it all is?..Yep! Still President...plead and beg for attention by posting the most outrageous falsehoods and accusations..Sorry lil guy, Still President!..You can just trash it all and lay down in a nice warm tub with a nice Chianti and a razor blade and just hit the ultimate fainting couch...and Donald John Trump will still be your President. So why not give it a break?..go get some Sun and a Beer and just enjoy life a little, if you're in a State where weed is legal (or not..who cares right?) and spin one up the size of your arm...We here know exactly what you're going thru...we survived the "Worst President Evah!!!" for eight years...So I feel ya brah..I really do..Don't really give a chit because no matter what when we all wake up tomorrow morning Guess what?...Trump will Still be President...Thank You God.

Kestrel...

• Like (+1) 1

AntonToo
1 hour ago, kestrel said:

And guess what?..Hillary still won't be President.

That true, just like if Trump takes a crap on your head Hillary still won't be president.. :rolleyes:

none of that is a counter argument to a mountain of evidence that he is a lying hypocrite through and through.

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
2 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

That true, just like if Trump takes a crap on your head Hillary still won't be president.. :rolleyes:

none of that is a counter argument to a mountain of evidence that he is a lying hypocrite through and through.

Oh Kid! I wasn't attempting any sort of "Counter Argument" for most of us to actually engage you in an "Argument" would be the equivilant to taking an autistic kids hand and slapping him in the face with it and saying "Stop hitting yourself" "Stop hitting yourself"... No...there is no one outside of your weird dark little circle here that would be that cruel..No I was not arguing with you..I was mocking you..see?..Ok you run along now that's all I got for you today.

Kestrel...

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
13 hours ago, Dutch13 said:

No, that is one of the easiest to come up with. 

It is obvious that you don't care that we have a hypocritical liar in the White House......as long as he is YOUR hypocritical liar. 

You have a lot of questions:  google.com or bing.com can provide your answers.  We all know that you are not honestly interested in having the conversation, though.

I can sense that you're feeling down because your examples weren't the slam dunk you thought they would be. The golf case being just one example of fake reporting - the actual number of golf outings is less than half that being claimed, bringing Trump's average (as I explained before) to below Obama's. And that's with counting favorable to Obama by the Trump-hating media.

Another thing I noticed when using google: if you search for "golf outings by Obama" or "number of times Obama golfed as president" or anything like that, what do you get? Articles on Trump's golf outings. That's nice. It's just not what the search engine was asked to look for. Time to use something better.

I know what the difference between me and someone like you is: you dislike Trump so badly that you want to believe the fake media. I also don't like Trump's personality (this is actually true) but it's not the thing I'm interested in. I don't like Michael Jordan's personality either (recent articles tend to show that he's been quite the ahole in basketball) but I think he was the best ever and fantastic for the game of basketball. I very much dislike the persona Robert de Niro displays in public but I very much think he's one of the best actors. You could try separating your personal feelings from what is important, one of these days. Why do you care every single damn time so much if Trump makes up some crap, if his economic and security and foreign policy are as solid as I've ever seen a president have? Why should blacks hate him if he pulls for them and delivers the lowest unemployment rates and gives them a chance to feel good about their achievements?

I truly don't understand what purpose your hatred of Trump serves. I'm sure his presence in the White House has benefited your family way more than Obama's has. (And I bet the same goes for LB and Anton, unless they're tied to democrat politicians or the media.)

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
13 hours ago, AntonToo said:

DhoX2JmW4AAOOqV.jpg

Line 1: no context; claim makes no sense.

Line 2: the two statements aren't even connected; there's no gotcha visible.

Line 3: proven to be a false claim.

Line 4: yes, travel costs. I looked at LB's link on that - Trump's travel costs include all local police security, military costs, etc. Obama's costs are only travel. Totally unfair comparison. Fail.

Line 5: weird statement about anonymous sources, no context, totally pulled out of someone's ahole. Fail.

Line 6: Yes, his claim to require whistle-blower to testify in person is a fair request, since everything was made up. Mueller's probe was false, why would anyone submit to interrogation by people who make up stories to conduct a coup against a lawfully elected president? What a fail of an example.

Line 7: tax returns - okay, I'll give you this one, although I suspect he's playing it like Obama played the birth certificate game.

Line 8: deficit - what a totally false claim; it's not Trump's agenda to drive up the debt and it's not Trump's fault that it's gone up - it's what democrats keep pushing in order to get people dependent on the government and it's why democrats are happy about the coronavirus crisis. This is a really idiotic claim.

Line 9: you can go on and on for pages? I believe it - with false claims and BS pulled out of your rectum.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
6 hours ago, zurg said:

Line 1: no context; claim makes no sense.

Line 2: the two statements aren't even connected; there's no gotcha visible.

Line 3: proven to be a false claim.

Line 4: yes, travel costs. I looked at LB's link on that - Trump's travel costs include all local police security, military costs, etc. Obama's costs are only travel. Totally unfair comparison. Fail.

Line 5: weird statement about anonymous sources, no context, totally pulled out of someone's ahole. Fail.

Line 6: Yes, his claim to require whistle-blower to testify in person is a fair request, since everything was made up. Mueller's probe was false, why would anyone submit to interrogation by people who make up stories to conduct a coup against a lawfully elected president? What a fail of an example.

Line 7: tax returns - okay, I'll give you this one, although I suspect he's playing it like Obama played the birth certificate game.

Line 8: deficit - what a totally false claim; it's not Trump's agenda to drive up the debt and it's not Trump's fault that it's gone up - it's what democrats keep pushing in order to get people dependent on the government and it's why democrats are happy about the coronavirus crisis. This is a really idiotic claim.

Line 9: you can go on and on for pages? I believe it - with false claims and BS pulled out of your rectum.

Wow. That’s a word that immediately comes to mind when witnessing such level of reality denial.

1. Wtf are you even talking about? The context is 100% direct. While campaigning Trump was constantly talking about Fed (Janet Yellen) keeping interest rates too low as a political favor to Obama and that the stock market is a huge bubble. As a president he was touting not-bubble stock market and borderline threatening to fire Powell because he was slightly raising interest rates in environment of 4% unemployment and ticking up inflation.

2. Go get your head checked if you do not see a connection between telling America that unemployment statics are fake, that unemployment is many times higher and then turning around and USING THOSE VERY STATICS to tout low unemployment as as soon as he became President.

3. Trump slammed Obama for playing golf, said that he won’t have time to go to his resorts and play golf as president, then played sht load of golf at his resorts. What the hell do you think was “proven false” about that????

• Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, AntonToo said:

Wow. That’s a word that immediately comes to mind when witnessing such level of reality denial.

1. Wtf are you even talking about? The context is 100% direct. While campaigning Trump was constantly talking about Fed (Janet Yellen) keeping interest rates too low as a political favor to Obama and that the stock market is a huge bubble. As a president he was touting not-bubble stock market and borderline threatening to fire Powell because he was slightly raising interest rates in environment of 4% unemployment and ticking up inflation.

2. Go get your head checked if you do not see a connection between telling America that unemployment statics are fake, that unemployment is many times higher and then turning around and USING THOSE VERY STATICS to tout low unemployment as as soon as he became President.

3. Trump slammed Obama for playing golf, said that he won’t have time to go to his resorts and play golf as president, then played sht load of golf at his resorts. What the hell do you think was “proven false” about that????

:yawn:

RedSoloCup
Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, AntonToo said:

DhoX2JmW4AAOOqV.jpg

"Lying hypocrite-in-Chief"?

But enough about Barry, parasite. GTFO.

Edited by RedSoloCup
  • Disagree (-1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/29/2020 at 10:10 PM, AntonToo said:

• Disagree (-1) 1

RedSoloCup
On 5/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ladybird said:

At this point, I don't believe it should be removed either. Too late for that now.

In fact I think twitter and the other platforms should allow Trump to rant, rave, and lie all he wants.  If he wants to appeal solely to his base, got for it. It's not like there's no recourse in countering his message.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)

There truly is a Trump tweet for every occasion..

"Our country is totally fractured and, with our weak leadership in Washington, you can expect Ferguson type riots and looting in other places"

3:25 AM · Nov 25, 2014·Twitter for Android

Twit

Edited by Ladybird
  • Agree (+1) 1

zurg
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

There truly is a Trump tweet for every occasion..

"Our country is totally fractured and, with our weak leadership in Washington, you can expect Ferguson type riots and looting in other places"

3:25 AM · Nov 25, 2014·Twitter for Android

Twit

And he was wrong because.... 

JerryL
On 5/28/2020 at 2:27 AM, MontyPython said:

Perhaps. :shrug: If you say so. But there's still a very big difference: Before this overblown "pandemic" drove everybody to become paranoid, President "Populist" Trump was doing great things for the economy, morale, small business owners and large business owners alike, the military, etc etc etc, while Joe "OrangeManBad" Scarborough has been mindlessly supporting the politics/programs/people who are wantonly destroying everything that made America great.

If that represents "the exact same type of guy(s)" to you, then I really can't agree.

B)

Not to mention deregulation that helps ALL citizens.  Tax cuts that helps ALL citizens.  Prison reform that, as they love to say, "disproportionately" helps minorities and peoples of color, judicial appointments whose rule of law IAW with actual law and not political feelings will help ALL citizens.  Pushing back on special interest groups trying to control the thoughts and speech of the majority which helps ALL citizens.  Not genuflecting to a corrupt media establishment that is shining a light on institutional corruption (both public and private) that everyone should embrace.

But yeah.  Other than that, about the same type of guy.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
35 minutes ago, JerryL said:

Not to mention deregulation that helps ALL citizens.  Tax cuts that helps ALL citizens.  Prison reform that, as they love to say, "disproportionately" helps minorities and peoples of color, judicial appointments whose rule of law IAW with actual law and not political feelings will help ALL citizens.  Pushing back on special interest groups trying to control the thoughts and speech of the majority which helps ALL citizens.  Not genuflecting to a corrupt media establishment that is shining a light on institutional corruption (both public and private) that everyone should embrace.

But yeah.  Other than that, about the same type of guy.

I looked up IAW and it’s military jargon meaning In Accordance With. 

I’m looking out for ya Monty.... 

JerryL
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, zurg said:

I looked up IAW and it’s military jargon meaning In Accordance With. 

I’m looking out for ya Monty.... 

Sorry!  UNODIR, I will try to avoid those in the future ICW my posting.

Edited by JerryL

Ladybird
1 hour ago, zurg said:

And he was wrong because.... 

If you say so..

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1