Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

'Many, Many Others Were Spied On' in Obama Era

Rate this topic

kestrel

mediaite.com

'Many, Many Others Were Spied On' in Obama Era

By Rudy TakalaMay 21st, 2020, 4:44 pm

Four years after the intelligence community began to surveil some of President Donald Trump’s campaign officials, details of what that surveillance entailed are still emerging. The Justice Department is still waiting on U.S. Attorney John Durham to finish investigating. The president this month even assigned it a new nickname: “Obamagate.”

For many observers, the idea that the intelligence community would flout certain rules in order to investigate American citizens is news. But for former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson, “Obamagate” is just the latest development in a nearly decade-long battle.

“I would say I may not be one of the first victims, but I am one of the first people who was able to identify myself as a target of illegal spying under the Obama administration,” Attkisson told Mediaite in an interview this week. “I believe many, many others were spied on but do not know. It was only thanks to help from intelligence contacts that I even learned that government agents were spying on me. Otherwise, I never suspected it or would have known.”

Attkisson has long asserted that the feds wrongfully surveilled her electronic devices from 2011-14, part of an operation tied to her reporting on the Justice Department’s botched “Fast and Furious” gun-running scheme and, later, on the 2012 attack on the American embassy in Benghazi, Libya. A three-judge panel voted last year to dismiss a lawsuit she had filed over the issue, but in January, Attkisson moved to reopen the case, telling the court that a whistleblower had provided new information.

That information implicated five specific individuals, according to court filings — including Rod Rosenstein, a familiar target of Trump’s grievances. Court filings allege Rosenstein, who served as the Obama administration’s U.S. attorney for Maryland, “ordered the unlawful surveillance and hacking” of Attkisson’s devices. (He subsequently served as Trump’s deputy attorney general, a capacity in which he appointed Special Counsel Robert Mueller to investigate Trump’s staffers.)

The rest here: https://www.mediaite.com/news/many-affected-obama-surveillance-sharyl-attkisson/

Taggart Transcontinental

Oh come on! There is no credible evidence of this stuff. We need to believe the credible evidence of people that brought up sexual assault complaints from 50+ years ago against then rivals but not digital documentation that proved illegal activities were being executed by Obama's people.

• Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Oh come on! There is no credible evidence of this stuff. We need to believe the credible evidence of people that brought up sexual assault complaints from 50+ years ago against then rivals but not digital documentation that proved illegal activities were being executed by Obama's people.

Scary part is "if they can do it to Trump..Imagine what they can do to you"

Kestrel...

Taggart Transcontinental
1 hour ago, kestrel said:

Kestrel...

No need to imagine. Obama sent the EPA, and many other agencies as enforcement arms to put people out of business in local area's. He used intimidation and thug tactics to investigate people. Or did we all forget about local political people suddenly being investigated by the EPA because their gun store was out of tolerance for minor infractions?

Hieronymous

I still think he spied on people regardless of political party.  If he wasn’t loyal to the US, why would he be loyal to Democrats?

• Like (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, Hieronymous said:

I still think he spied on people regardless of political party.  If he wasn’t loyal to the US, why would he be loyal to Democrats?

A very excellent observation!...I've been wondering "what" is behind the whole (can we call it Obamagate?)fiasco?...I mean some have said that Pres Obama was trying to preserve the Iranian Nuke deal as a "Legacy" ... That's why he had Comey/Brennen/Clapper/Rosenstein doing what they did..(events still unfolding on this albeit at a very slow Chris Wray rope-a-dope pace) with regard to Gen Flynn and by extension Pres Trump was it just politics? Ideology?..Money? (boy I sure hope its not just money as in some of the green on those Iranian pallets...finding its way back here and into certain ahem! bank accounts) or is it something really bad...they have taken a hell of a risk there has to be a reason..and as their house of cards begins to implode?...or is there nothing to any of this?..just a right wing fantasy? I mean if there was really something going on wouldn't the "NEWS" be getting busy?..I mean a story like that would be literally worth millions right?...(full disclouser here if all major media is owned by a very small group of folks and if they could be bought-bribed-coerced the plotters would have a good chance of controlling the narrative..Facebook? Twitter? Google? Major Nets? that is IF the media is really owned by a small group..probably not right?) Brings us back to the "Plotters" and the question...Lets assume for the sake of this discussion that its all true..we still don't know THE WHY ...Your thoughts?

Kestrel...

zurg
53 minutes ago, kestrel said:

A very excellent observation!...I've been wondering "what" is behind the whole (can we call it Obamagate?)fiasco?...I mean some have said that Pres Obama was trying to preserve the Iranian Nuke deal as a "Legacy" ... That's why he had Comey/Brennen/Clapper/Rosenstein doing what they did..(events still unfolding on this albeit at a very slow Chris Wray rope-a-dope pace) with regard to Gen Flynn and by extension Pres Trump was it just politics? Ideology?..Money? (boy I sure hope its not just money as in some of the green on those Iranian pallets...finding its way back here and into certain ahem! bank accounts) or is it something really bad...they have taken a hell of a risk there has to be a reason..and as their house of cards begins to implode?...or is there nothing to any of this?..just a right wing fantasy? I mean if there was really something going on wouldn't the "NEWS" be getting busy?..I mean a story like that would be literally worth millions right?...(full disclouser here if all major media is owned by a very small group of folks and if they could be bought-bribed-coerced the plotters would have a good chance of controlling the narrative..Facebook? Twitter? Google? Major Nets? that is IF the media is really owned by a small group..probably not right?) Brings us back to the "Plotters" and the question...Lets assume for the sake of this discussion that its all true..we still don't know THE WHY ...Your thoughts?

Kestrel...

It could be primarily ideology or primarily money, but one was probably used to justify the other. "I need money to accomplish the ideological goals, that's why it makes sense for me to become a billionaire." Or, "I don't care so much about the ideology but that's the quickest way for me to become a billionaire - I'll show them, and if the capitalists fail, so much the better, as long as I got mine by then."

ASE
6 hours ago, kestrel said:

Kestrel...

All I know is that if you take all a man has (like what was done to Gen Flynn), so he has nothing left to lose, don't be surprised if that man then takes the actions of a man with nothing to lose...

kestrel
2 hours ago, zurg said:

It could be primarily ideology or primarily money, but one was probably used to justify the other. "I need money to accomplish the ideological goals, that's why it makes sense for me to become a billionaire." Or, "I don't care so much about the ideology but that's the quickest way for me to become a billionaire - I'll show them, and if the capitalists fail, so much the better, as long as I got mine by then."

OK..I think I see where you're going..But don't you think in the one example I wonder if a "real Idealist"..would not be "put off" by the money angle? (at least at first) and just gets captured by a system that put's one in the position of "Making the deal" and the attendant evil in exchange for accomplishing a "good thing"..Kind of like pondering the corruption in the various Church's (and I presume Synagogue's and Mosques ) and finding that the places are chock full of broken people capable of some amazing goodness but the opposite is also true...

Keep on going Zurg I'd like to see where this goes, if you're willing of course

Kestrel...

zurg
13 minutes ago, kestrel said:

OK..I think I see where you're going..But don't you think in the one example I wonder if a "real Idealist"..would not be "put off" by the money angle? (at least at first) and just gets captured by a system that put's one in the position of "Making the deal" and the attendant evil in exchange for accomplishing a "good thing"..Kind of like pondering the corruption in the various Church's (and I presume Synagogue's and Mosques ) and finding that the places are chock full of broken people capable of some amazing goodness but the opposite is also true...

Keep on going Zurg I'd like to see where this goes, if you're willing of course

Kestrel...

Oh, true of a real idealist, I just think Obama himself isn’t an idealist but a narcissist. Obama is all about “me, myself and I”, as evidenced by his “I won” statement to republicans. He’s also not that smart, so he probably doesn’t understand how he’s being played when he thinks he’s in control.