Mandatory Masks Aren’t About Safety, They’re About Social Control

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Mandatory Masks Aren’t About Safety, They’re About Social Control
By Molly McCann
MAY 27, 2020
The Federalist

<More Here>

On May 26, Virginia’s Gov. Ralph Northam announced that wearing masks outside one’s home will be mandatory effective May 29. He first hinted he might issue a masking order a week ago, likely to test the water.

A new refrain in public discourse is growing in volume by the day: “Things will never be the same.” The certainty with which we are assured of this pre-determined future is perplexing. Whether or not “things” will ever be the same is not at all clear, but that some people hope things will never be the same is certain.

To those looking to benefit politically from emergencies, COVID presents an opportunity to advance plans targeted to transform American freedom and the American way of life. Mandatory-masking policies provide a valuable foundation to weaponize the virus against American liberty—now and in the future.

Demanding Freedoms Helps Ensure Them

Much of our freedom is maintained by the collective resistance of the American mood. When the Minnesota governor excluded churches from his Phase I reopening plan, Catholic and Lutheran leadership announced, through counsel, that their churches would reopen with or without the state’s blessing.

The governor’s resulting about-face was probably not due to a legal epiphany. Rather, he understood he’d pushed the envelope too far. Minnesotans wouldn’t put up with any further abuse of their religious freedoms.

Would Virginians, outside of the blue D.C. suburbs, be willing to accept a masking order? To take our freedom from us, people with anti-American agendas have to mobilize some initial quorum of consent from the population.

Masking Is Meant to Build an Opinion Cascade

Mandatory masking seeks to build that consent. In addition to extending the fiction that we are in an emergency sufficient to trigger the extra-constitutional authority of local and state executives, mandatory masking acts as a peer pressure-fueled signal that encourages conformity to our coming “new normal.”

(snip)

<More Here>

Taggart Transcontinental

A mask is a symbol of control and tyranny. It is a mental and physical reminder that they have something over you. Fear the virus because... That's the mantra. I am a cop, I go and see random people all day. I am not dying from this virus. It's pretty much over with. It ran its course like the other bio weapons China unleashed on us. Now onto the next one in a few months or a year. That's why they keep saying the next one is coming in November.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 5

GrimV
Posted (edited)

Latest from the WHO:

1. If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.

2. Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

3. Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

4. If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

SOURCE

Karen won't approve.

Edited by GrimV
  • Agree (+1) 1

Dublin5

Our numbers are still going up.  I can see why the masks out here.   A lot of people do not have symptoms so can pass on to others.  It is a kind of a horrifying way to die.....  the secretions from the lungs are like Elmer's glue.  I would prefer not to drown in glue and have my organs slowly shut down.   We're pretty populated out here in the DC beltway area. 

Per WHO article above:  If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.....  I want to add onto this lines from how to work the Holy Hand Grenade from Monty Python's Holy Grail.    People can feel healthy and still test positive and infect others....not clear on that statement.

Taggart Transcontinental
42 minutes ago, Dublin5 said:

Our numbers are still going up.  I can see why the masks out here.   A lot of people do not have symptoms so can pass on to others.  It is a kind of a horrifying way to die.....  the secretions from the lungs are like Elmer's glue.  I would prefer not to drown in glue and have my organs slowly shut down.   We're pretty populated out here in the DC beltway area. 

Per WHO article above:  If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.....  I want to add onto this lines from how to work the Holy Hand Grenade from Monty Python's Holy Grail.    People can feel healthy and still test positive and infect others....not clear on that statement.

If you believe anything from the misinformation network known as the WHO then you are lost. They are full on retard over the directions they are getting from China. Stop listening to them. If you do get it, do not sit at home and wait for the sickness to get worse before getting to a doc and start taking meds. The earlier you treat this the better period.

Dublin5
1 minute ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

If you believe anything from the misinformation network known as the WHO then you are lost. They are full on retard over the directions they are getting from China. Stop listening to them. If you do get it, do not sit at home and wait for the sickness to get worse before getting to a doc and start taking meds. The earlier you treat this the better period.

Like I said..... they may as well use the instructions for the Holy Hand Grenade.  China was not honest to us from the get go.  I think Corona virus #2,  SARs we need to go over some things with China and re-evaluate our relationship with them IMO.  

Yes, most definitely seek help if having any breathing difficulties.  This coronavirus makes people crash fast if they have respiratory symptoms.

Dean Adam Smithee
On 5/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, Taggart Transcontinental said:

A mask is a symbol of control and tyranny. It is a mental and physical reminder that they have something over you. Fear the virus because... That's the mantra. I am a cop, I go and see random people all day. I am not dying from this virus. It's pretty much over with. It ran its course like the other bio weapons China unleashed on us. Now onto the next one in a few months or a year. That's why they keep saying the next one is coming in November.

I've been saying October. Well, okay, maybe LATE October.

COVID-19 doesn't necessarily 'scare me'. The next 'Flu' season will likely include H5N1 which, IF When it jumps to humans has a 60+% mortality  rate. And the Chinese have been going scorched-earth with chicken farms over this. 

If everything we're doing right now is merely "practice" for THAT, I'm perfectly okay with it. 

• Disagree (-1) 1