With his tweets about Scarborough's intern, Trump set a trap for Twitter

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

With his tweets about Scarborough's intern, Trump set a trap for Twitter

https://www.americanthinker.com/

By Andrea Widburg

May 28, 2020

Article:

Even Trump-supporters have wondered about Trump's tweets implying that MSNBC's Joe Scarborough had something to do with a young intern's death in his office when he was still a Florida congressman.  It's true that Scarborough and his co-host and wife Mika Brzezinksi have spent three years accusing Trump of treasonous collusion with the Russians, but Trump's venom still seemed strange.

I, however, don't think it was strange at all.  Trump is one of the most calculating, rational people ever to occupy the White House.  He's been faced with a serious problem, which is the fact that the immensely powerful social media giants, which are the gateway to most information nowadays, have already begun trying to sway the election to Biden.  Legislatively, thanks to three years of Russiagate and the current hostile House, Trump has been powerless.

So Trump set a trap.  On Wednesday, the Twitter mouse took the bait.

The ostensible story is about Lori Klausutis, 28, who worked in Scarborough's Fort Walton Beach congressional office from 1999 to 2001.  On July 20, 2001, when Scarborough was out of town, Klausutis's body was found in the office.  Because of a very bizarre medical examiner, it wasn't clear how Klausutis died, making her death ripe for different theories.

Initially, those theories came from the left.  In 2010, hard-left Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas lost a gig at MSNBC when he tweeted directly to Scarborough about Klausutis's death.  Other leftists such as James Wolcott and Michael Moore attacked Scarborough, too.

After Scarborough turned on Trump in 2016, Trump eventually tweeted out an allusion to Klausutis's death:

Full Story

Taggart Transcontinental

Now he can slam them for censorship before the heated time of the election. Thus stopping them from censoring us. It's a good plan.

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot

I deeply dislike and distrust social media as they purposely manipulate people through dopamine-driven feedback loops.  They cause more harm than good.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird

So the president used the death of this young woman to goad Twitter into action, despite the hurt it would bring her grieving family members. 

That about the size of it?

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Tikk
22 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

So the president used the death of this young woman to goad Twitter into action, despite the hurt it would bring her grieving family members. 

OK.  Let's say what you're saying is absolutely true.  I'm not going to get into the woman's death.  In perspective, whatever pain her family felt was almost 20 years ago.  And there is no way there is going to be any opening of an investigation into Scarborough.

Are you saying that every American's right to free speech is less important than one family's grief?

Is that about the size of it?

I don't want to get into a back and forth with you on this.  Because it's pointless.  There is nothing I can say that will make you stop hating Donald Trump with every fiber of your being.  You are fanatical.  Donald Trump could shoot the cop that killed George Floyd in the head and you would fault him for either not doing it fast enough or violating due process.  He can't win.  You have eliminated the possibility that he can do any good at all.  

I'd like to hear anything that provides evidence that this isn't true.   Honestly.  I think everyone should keep an open mind.  

Two things I want you to consider:

1- Trump loves this country and its citizens

2- Trump is smarter than you think

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tikk said:

OK.  Let's say what you're saying is absolutely true.  I'm not going to get into the woman's death.  In perspective, whatever pain her family felt was almost 20 years ago.  And there is no way there is going to be any opening of an investigation into Scarborough.

Are you saying that every American's right to free speech is less important than one family's grief?

Is that about the size of it?

I don't want to get into a back and forth with you on this.  Because it's pointless.  There is nothing I can say that will make you stop hating Donald Trump with every fiber of your being.  You are fanatical.  Donald Trump could shoot the cop that killed George Floyd in the head and you would fault him for either not doing it fast enough or violating due process.  He can't win.  You have eliminated the possibility that he can do any good at all.  

I'd like to hear anything that provides evidence that this isn't true.   Honestly.  I think everyone should keep an open mind.  

Two things I want you to consider:

1- Trump loves this country and its citizens

2- Trump is smarter than you think

I said nothing about his 'rights' to spew whatever lies he wishes. I said in the other thread, I think he should be allowed to communicate with his base in whatever way he sees fit. I was pointing out that, according to the author of this piece, he used this woman's death to advance some goal of his.

Are your seriously suggesting that the parents and husband of this young woman no longer feel any pain from her death, because it was 20 years ago? 

Edited by Ladybird

Tikk
3 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

I said nothing about his 'rights' to spew whatever lies he wishes. I said in the other thread, I think he should be allowed to communicate with his base in whatever way he sees fit. I was pointing out that, according to the author of this piece, he used this woman's death to advance some goal of his.

Are your seriously suggesting that the parents and husband of this young woman no longer feel any pain from her death, because it was 20 years ago? 

:huh:  No.  Wait.  What?  No.

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump actually killed her?   I mean the lack of reason here is breathtaking.

Ladybird
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tikk said:

:huh:  No.  Wait.  What?  No.

Are you seriously suggesting that Trump actually killed her?   I mean the lack of reason here is breathtaking.

You said this:

In perspective, whatever pain her family felt was almost 20 years ago. 

Your words..  I made no such suggestion about Trump killing her. 

Edited by Ladybird

gravelrash
59 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Yes, PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is a yuuuuuuuuge troll.  Unlike the majority of trolls, he gets results.  From the article:

By challenging the president that way, Twitter made the fatal mistake of overtly inserting itself as a content editor, and therefore publisher, of overtly political material.  

Ladybird
1 minute ago, gravelrash said:

Yes, PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump is a yuuuuuuuuge troll.  Unlike the majority of trolls, he gets results.  From the article:

By challenging the president that way, Twitter made the fatal mistake of overtly inserting itself as a content editor, and therefore publisher, of overtly political material.  

Thank you.

It was at the expense of this young woman's reputation and in total disregard of her family, but yay Trump.

gravelrash
1 minute ago, Ladybird said:

Thank you.

It was at the expense of this young woman's reputation and in total disregard of her family, but yay Trump.

Far worse things have been said and done to the living to advance the Left's agenda.  "The ends justify the means".  "We have to pass it to see what's in it".  I believe that Trump's tactic, while questionable and unsavory to Joe Scarborough's six or seven fans, was successful and the result will benefit us all.

MontyPython
9 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Thank you.

So in other words, almost as bad as the vile attacks/slanders/outright lies/etc the left has been launching against Trump himself for several years. MANY of which you have joined enthusiastically.

<_<

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Far worse things have been said and done to the living to advance the Left's agenda.  "The ends justify the means".  "We have to pass it to see what's in it".  I believe that Trump's tactic, while questionable and unsavory to Joe Scarborough's six or seven fans, was successful and the result will benefit us all.

Whether this bit political theater is successful remains to be seen.

Tikk
27 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

You said this:

In perspective, whatever pain her family felt was almost 20 years ago. 

Your words..  I made no such suggestion about Trump killing her. 

I know you didn't.  You missed the point.

Perhaps I should have said that the event was 20 years ago.  Whatever pain the family feels now is probably not the same that was felt 20 years ago.

Better?

gravelrash
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Whether this bit political theater is successful remains to be seen.

Yes, but Trump has shone the spotlight on a long overdue conversation about social media and political bias.  Think of him as the Sausage-Maker-in-Chief except he keeps the doors open when he's making it.

Edited by gravelrash

Ladybird
2 minutes ago, Tikk said:

I know you didn't.  You missed the point.

Perhaps I should have said that the event was 20 years ago.  Whatever pain the family feels now is probably not the same that was felt 20 years ago.

Better?

Maybe. But having her death revisited and her reputation dragged through the muck by Trump and his followers is painful, whether it is 20 years or 5 minutes ago. The husband pleaded with Dorsey  to take down these tweets, because it is causing the family pain. Trump said he was aware of the letter, but still plowed ahead with more attacks.

pepperonikkid
Posted (edited)

THE SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF SCARBOROUGH’S DEAD INTERN – LORI KLAUSUTIS

The above article was posted on December 1, 2017 by  by Ami Tiel

There are some questions that weren't answered

AMPOL (American Political Journal) pointed out.

4. “Were Lori’s medical records thoroughly examined for  any evidence of the pre-existing heart condition? It would seem that  someone must have examined her heart if she ran 8Ks.

5. “Did Dr. Berkland personally examine the site of death in undisturbed condition in order to support his later conclusion that the  physical evidence was compatible with his later conclusions?

6. “Presumably the heart valve condition alluded to is Mitral Valve Prolapse. This may be associated with arrhythmia, but rarely with  VTach (Ventricular Tachycardia) or VFib (Ventricular Fibrillation), the only arrhythmia which would stop the flow of blood to the brain.

7.  Dr. Berkland and his supervisor at the time, Dr. Gary Cumberland were  known to be high-giving donors to Scarborough’s Congressional campaigns.  Did their relationship with Scarborough influence any and all the  results issued by the M.E.’s Office?

Read the whole article for yourselves

Edited by pepperonikkid

SinisterMrx
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Maybe. But having her death revisited and her reputation dragged through the muck by Trump and his followers is painful, whether it is 20 years or 5 minutes ago. The husband pleaded with Dorsey  to take down these tweets, because it is causing the family pain. Trump said he was aware of the letter, but still plowed ahead with more attacks.

I voted for Trump for this express reason. I knew he was no angel, or even a particularly good man, but would effectively take the tactics the left routinely uses and wield them to his advantage.

He is a quick study and an apt pupil of the dark arts and I have never regretted using Trump to keep the White House looting trailer trash, that is the Clinton Crime family, from a second go at monetizing the American Presidency.

• Agree (+1) 2

tonguezilla
45 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

As opposed to dragging a living person through the muck like Kavanaugh, right?

Specs
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

You have no problem with those of your evil ideology spreading falsehoods and outright lies ;)

As I told you in the other thread, you are not qualified to have a valid opinion on this matter.

Ladybird
16 minutes ago, tonguezilla said:

As opposed to dragging a living person through the muck like Kavanaugh, right?

At least a living person can fight back.   As I said at the time, Ford deserved to be heard, same as Reade.

kestrel
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

Just like you're using this young woman's unfortunate demise to garner some much desired attention and to spread your hate right here..When you look at it truthfully you and Trump seem to have some things in common..Your hate has turned you into the very thing you claim to despise. But really it's not that you despise what Trump does..You're just seething with envy cuz you WANT that ability to reach into another's life to control them and failing that to destroy them..And yeah I know..I'm "Racist"..I sincerely hope that at some level you understand that your hate has immersed you into the type of pathology that takes poison themselves but expects the object of their hatred to die from the poison.

Kestrel...

LeansToTheRight
2 hours ago, Ladybird said:

At least a living person can fight back.   As I said at the time, Ford deserved to be heard, same as Reade.

Joe Scarborough is the one being attacked.  He is still alive.  So your point on this particular segment is completely wrong.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
41 minutes ago, LeansToTheRight said:

Joe Scarborough is the one being attacked.  He is still alive.  So your point on this particular segment is completely wrong.

He is using this dead intern to bash Scarborough, with implications that she's some kind of cheating harlot. 

You're completely wrong. 

MontyPython
3 hours ago, SinisterMrx said:

I voted for Trump for this express reason. I knew he was no angel, or even a particularly good man, but would effectively take the tactics the left routinely uses and wield them to his advantage.

He is a quick study and an apt pupil of the dark arts and I have never regretted using Trump to keep the White House looting trailer trash, that is the Clinton Crime family, from a second go at monetizing the American Presidency.

What a great first post. Welcome, SinisterMrx.

B)

• Agree (+1) 1