Joe Biden says he needs a VP who can be president 'because I'm an old guy'

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Joe Biden says he needs a VP who can be president 'because I'm an old guy'
By Jessica Chasmar
The Washington Times
Wednesday, January 29, 2020

<More Here>

Democratic presidential hopeful Joseph R. Biden admitted he’s an “old guy” and needs to choose a vice president who can lead the country in the event he dies in office.

Mr. Biden addressed concerns about his age during a campaign event Tuesday in Clinton, Iowa.

“I can think of at least eight women, at least four or five people of color, that I think are totally qualified to be vice president of the United States,” the former vice president told the audience.

“But for me, it has to be demonstrated that whoever I pick is two things: One, is capable of being president because I’m an old guy,” he continued, prompting laughter. “No, I’m serious. Look, I thank God I’m in great health. I work out. No, I’m serious. You know, I work out every morning. I’m in good shape — knock on wood, as my mother would say.”

Mr. Biden, 77, added that “you never know” what might happen in the future. The comments came after an attendee asked if Mr. Biden’s former primary rival Sen. Kamala Harris was his top pick for a running mate, the Washington Examiner reported.

“I think Kamala Harris has the capacity to do just about anything, along with a lot of other people,” Mr. Biden said.

(snip)

<More Here>

• Agree (+1) 1

Tikk

Anyone on the left scared that someone with questionable mental abilities has more say on who is the next president of the United States than anyone else in the country?

Anyone?

• Best Post (+1) 1

gravelrash

“I think Kamala Harris has the capacity to do just about anything, along with a lot of other people,” Mr. Biden said.

The lung capacity, maybe.

• Agree (+1) 1

Severian

Ah, but it's OK as he doesn't have "binders full of women" don't you know.

• Agree (+1) 1

mliff1

I'm laughing out loud here - this guy isn't qualified. How many times did the democrats say "so and so will die in office"? This guys admitting it. Sheesh.

• Agree (+1) 1

Magic Rat

Its another example of the morality of the Democratic party that they are perfectly willing to use and take advantage of "an old guy" who is obviously senile to try to crowbar someone else in the Whitehouse.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown

Oddly enough, I seem to recall that in past elections the question of a candidate's age was a reason NOT to vote for him.

Instead, our very own Farce of Nature has turned it into a metric to use to select a VP.

Never a dull moment... just dull democrats.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
41 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Oddly enough, I seem to recall that in past elections the question of a candidate's age was a reason NOT to vote for him.

Instead, our very own Farce of Nature has turned it into a metric to use to select a VP.

Never a dull moment... just dull democrats.

🤣Lol

K...

MontyPython
1 hour ago, Magic Rat said:

Its another example of the morality of the Democratic party that they are perfectly willing to use and take advantage of "an old guy" who is obviously senile to try to crowbar someone else in the Whitehouse.

When talking about Democrats, the word "morality" needs "sarcasm quotes".

;)

AntiObama

Joe can think of at least eight women, at least four or five people of color.

I can think of at least 10 million people that would be a better President than Joe Biden.

pepperonikkid

Biden's job is to get into office; then the DNC will decide the next president

• Agree (+1) 1

erp

Another losing moment for Biden.  

ASE

So, he's prepping for a stand-in to be a potential POTUS eventually, but without actually having to do any campaigning or debating?  Seems like prepping for a coronation without actually having earned the crown - you just happened to be the guy standing next to the guy.

kestrel
11 hours ago, Tikk said:

Anyone on the left scared that someone with questionable mental abilities has more say on who is the next president of the United States than anyone else in the country?

Anyone?

Naw.. they've become quite accustomed to people with "Questionable Mental Abilities" having something to say about who is the next Democrat candidate for President...it's kinda the Democrat Party Ethos.

Kestrel...