To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Dean Adam Smithee

Gov. Kemp declares state of emergency, deploys National Guard over unrest in Atlanta

Rate this topic

Dean Adam Smithee

Gov. Kemp declares state of emergency, deploys National Guard over unrest in Atlanta

By: Matt Johnson
Updated: May 30, 2020 - 5:58 AM

WSB-TV 2 Atlanta

ATLANTA — Protests over the death of George Floyd took a destructive turn in downtown Atlanta on Friday.

The day started out as protesters peacefully marched from Centennial Olympic Park to the state Capitol, and then back. A rally was then held inside the park for a bit, but then things took a turn that ended up with a night of destruction throughout downtown Atlanta, and eventually other parts of the city.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m., some type of scuffle happened between a protester and an Atlanta police officer right outside the CNN Center along Centennial Olympic Drive.

Police formed a barricade and kept protesters at bay for quite a while and then protesters took a destructive turn. Shortly after 8 p.m., protesters started smashing the doors of the CNN. Then they moved to parked police cruisers and began jumping on the cars, smashing the windows and eventually set a police cruiser on fire.

A short time later, protesters moved along Marietta Street and proceeded to smash windows and deface store fronts and other tourists attractions like the College Football Hall of Fame.

Protesters also lit several things on fire, including more police cruisers and parts of the visitor center in Centennial Olympic Park...

... The first reports that we were able to confirm that looting had happened was the AT&T store across the street from Lenox Square. Channel 2′s Carol Sbarge arrived at the store around 11:30 p.m. where she found the front door had been smashed out and police had surrounded the business.

Around this time, Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne learned from the Georgia National Guard that Gov. Brian Kemp had called them in to help keep the peace around parts of the city. Shortly after Winne reported the news on air, Kemp tweeted out the order...

HERE’S A MINUTE-BY-MINUTE LOOK HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED:...

WSB-TV 2 Atlanta

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Because, robbing an AT&T store of all it's iPhones is really going to teach those Minneapolis cops a lesson???

And it probably never occurred to these morons that AT&T is going to know the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) of every phone that was stolen.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Severian

Hey, they'll be stuck using AT&T as a provider, that's punishment enough.

MontyPython

The fact that of all possible choices they targeted CNN is freakin' hilarious (or at least would be hilarious if not for all the contemptible scumbags and their wanton destruction.) These worthless thugs are so stupid they don't even recognize their allies and staunchest supporters!

LOLOLOLOL

:rofl: 

zurg

I’ll add just one more thing to everyone’s comments: protesters that end up just “accidentally becoming violent” doesn’t happen. How were they able to set police cars on fire? With Bic lighters? How were they able to smash windows? With chopsticks? 

Of course not. They came prepared. That means they had planned to do it all along. The media just won’t report the obvious. 

• Agree (+1) 1

SARGE
9 minutes ago, zurg said:

I’ll add just one more thing to everyone’s comments: protesters that end up just “accidentally becoming violent” doesn’t happen. How were they able to set police cars on fire? With Bic lighters? How were they able to smash windows? With chopsticks? 

Of course not. They came prepared. That means they had planned to do it all along. The media just won’t report the obvious. 

Car windows are not that hard to break,  and yeah,  they can be set on fire with a Bic.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SARGE said:

Car windows are not that hard to break,  and yeah,  they can be set on fire with a Bic.

How? Cop cars? 

Edited by zurg

Dean Adam Smithee
12 hours ago, zurg said:

How? Cop cars? 

Side windows on most cars are fairly easy to break, they're designed that way, so that in an accident or other emergency with the door either jammed or locked a first responder can bust out the window easily. It's a special glass that's specifically designed to shatter into a gazillion pieces leaving minimal sharp edges, I've heard it called "herculite" but I'm not positive that's correct.   The butt end of a mag-lite is good for this, and I also carry a knife that has one end designed for this.

When I was with a VFD in Indiana, the local junkyard once "donated" several windows to practice on (I'm sure they got a hefty tax deduction). A mag-lite can do it in nothing flat, the knives took a bit of practice.

Cop cars are different. Only the driver's window is herculite. The back seat windows are tempered glass with embedded chickenwire, to keep prisoners from escaping. Notice in the below picture they could bust out the drivers window but only put a hole in the rear windows.

But notice also the graffiti on the APD car. Most people don't go around with a can of spray paint in their pocket. (Mae West: "Is that a can of Rustoleum in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?") Yeah, these people were prepared. The fire is on the interior. Once you've busted out a window, you've got access to cloth or vinyl headliner, seats, etc., probably not that hard to do with a bic lighter.

It's a shame the flames didn't get to a gas line while this idiot was standing on top...

5ed249203c01c.image.jpg

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
1 hour ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Side windows on most cars are fairly easy to break, they're designed that way, so that in an accident or other emergency with the door either jammed or locked a first responder can bust out the window easily. It's a special glass that's specifically designed to shatter into a gazillion pieces leaving minimal sharp edges, I've heard it called "herculite" but I'm not positive that's correct.   The butt end of a mag-lite is good for this, and I also carry a knife that has one end designed for this.

When I was with a VFD in Indiana, the local junkyard once "donated" several windows to practice on (I'm sure they got a hefty tax deduction). A mag-lite can do it in nothing flat, the knives took a bit of practice.

Cop cars are different. Only the driver's window is herculite. The back seat windows are tempered glass with embedded chickenwire, to keep prisoners from escaping. Notice in the below picture they could bust out the drivers window but only put a hole in the rear windows.

But notice also the graffiti on the APD car. Most people don't go around with a can of spray paint in their pocket. (Mae West: "Is that a can of Rustoleum in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?") Yeah, these people were prepared. The fire is on the interior. Once you've busted out a window, you've got access to cloth or vinyl headliner, seats, etc., probably not that hard to do with a bic lighter.

It's a shame the flames didn't get to a gas line while this idiot was standing on top...

5ed249203c01c.image.jpg

That’s nice but I was asking about using a Bic lighter to put a car on fire. Sarge seemed to say it’s not hard, but I doubt he’s correct. 

Dean Adam Smithee
41 minutes ago, zurg said:

That’s nice but I was asking about using a Bic lighter to put a car on fire. Sarge seemed to say it’s not hard, but I doubt he’s correct. 

From purely the outside of the vehicle? Without access to either the interior or the fuel tank? With just a bic lighter? I don't see how.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

zurg
9 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

From purely the outside of the vehicle? Without access to either the interior or the fuel tank? With just a bic lighter? I don't see how.

That’s my take too. If cars had such a vulnerability, we’d know about it. The Pinto was prone to exploding but that required an accident. 

• Agree (+1) 1

johnnybravo
6 hours ago, zurg said:

That’s my take too. If cars had such a vulnerability, we’d know about it. The Pinto was prone to exploding but that required an accident. 

I don’t disagree with what you are saying but if they have a bic lighter and a can of spray paint, that changes the dynamics because they now have a blow torch.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
1 hour ago, johnnybravo said:

I don’t disagree with what you are saying but if they have a bic lighter and a can of spray paint, that changes the dynamics because they now have a blow torch.

That’s fair; and actually exactly along my point, that this vandalism and violent activity was pre-planned. People don’t go to peaceful protests with makeshift blowtorches, just in case.

Think about it folks. Within a couple of days of the killing of George Floyd, violence is thrust onto American streets. This is obviously something that is planned for, with large amounts of people at the ready, to not let any crisis go to waste. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
19 hours ago, zurg said:

That’s fair; and actually exactly along my point, that this vandalism and violent activity was pre-planned. People don’t go to peaceful protests with makeshift blowtorches, just in case.

Think about it folks. Within a couple of days of the killing of George Floyd, violence is thrust onto American streets. This is obviously something that is planned for, with large amounts of people at the ready, to not let any crisis go to waste. 

There are those who simply bide their time until something happens that they can jump on and hijack to create this kind of idiocy to fuel their true agenda.

What I find truly astonishing is that the media and certain politicians are having a fit that President Trump has urged law enforcement to use the necessary force to combat the violent protestors to regain control.

The violent ones, mind you, the ones who arrive on scene with all the items necessary to do violence while inciting others to join them in the doing of it, because it become a herding events once people start getting worked up.

How is it wrong for law enforcement to use the necessary force required to stem rampant violence toward innocent people and entities being looted and then destroyed?

These protests that are breaking out everywhere are NOT spontaneous and they are not all grassroots, these are paid for and planned in real time.

zurg
5 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

There are those who simply bide their time until something happens that they can jump on and hijack to create this kind of idiocy to fuel their true agenda.

What I find truly astonishing is that the media and certain politicians are having a fit that President Trump has urged law enforcement to use the necessary force to combat the violent protestors to regain control.

The violent ones, mind you, the ones who arrive on scene with all the items necessary to do violence while inciting others to join them in the doing of it, because it become a herding events once people start getting worked up.

How is it wrong for law enforcement to use the necessary force required to stem rampant violence toward innocent people and entities being looted and then destroyed?

These protests that are breaking out everywhere are NOT spontaneous and they are not all grassroots, these are paid for and planned in real time.

There are videos showing pallets of bricks having been left at the vandalism sites, ready to be thrown through store windows. Who left the bricks in downtown areas that have no on-going construction...? Why isn't the media curious...?

Ticked@TinselTown
18 minutes ago, zurg said:

There are videos showing pallets of bricks having been left at the vandalism sites, ready to be thrown through store windows. Who left the bricks in downtown areas that have no on-going construction...? Why isn't the media curious...?

Because the truth is of absolutely NO interest to the media.