California Tried to Bail Out Illegal Aliens - and It’s a Disaster

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

California Tried to Bail Out Illegal Aliens - and It’s a Disaster

https://www.frontpagemag.com/

Daniel Greenfield

Fri May 29, 2020

Article:

The Golden State is showing its brass with more unemployed people than the entire population of Alabama. So, California’s leaders decided that this was an urgent time to bail out illegal aliens.

California’s illegal alien population is its shadow economy and with many of the industries that employ them shut down, the Democrats who depend on ghost districts populated by illegals decided that something had to be urgently done to keep the illegal aliens from fleeing back across the border.

The Democrats figured that giving them checks would be cheaper than building a wall to keep them in.

But who knew that a $125 million stimulus program for illegal aliens would become such a disaster?

Illegal aliens were eligible to apply for up to $1,000 with $75 million coming from the California taxpayers bailing out illegals who don't pay taxes. And another $50 million was supposed to be donated by wealthy lefties. But while the taxpayers of the state were forced to put up their $75 million, the wealthy politically correct elites who have poured fortunes into electing Democrats didn’t pay up.

Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees had the backing of billionaires like Steve Jobs' widow, Mark Zuckerberg, and George Soros, but has stalled at $38 million. And that's from guys like Zuckerberg and Soros who use million-dollar bills as toilet paper. But why bother donating to illegals, when you can buy the politicians, and they'll steal money from the middle class to fund your agenda?

The Resilience Fund was supposed to raise an initial $50 million. It’s struggling to get there which means its partner organizations like the California Nail Salon Community Care Fund, the TransLatin Coalition, the Jakara Movement for Sikh illegal aliens, and the Black LGBTQ+ Migrant Project might be out of luck.

But the real train wreck was, as always, on the government side where Governor Newsom had decided to anonymously give away cash to illegals, first-come, first-served. What could possibly go wrong?

Everything.

Full Story

Ticked@TinselTown

As I have said many times in the past 363 days, I am incredibly glad that I finally got the hell out of California.

It is being run into the ground by corrupt asshats who buy votes with taxpayer money and the taxpayers who are actually doing their damnedest to keep their heads above water aren't heard by the politicians because the election process in the state has been hijacked and will not be released other than by force.

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

The author of the article once again states the obvious that CA voters keep ignoring for some reason that those of us not there just can't understand. And the obvious is that the CA government will keep coming up with expenses to give to the poor, the right minorities and the illegals and make the middle class pay for them. They never require something from those groups in return and they never offer any return to the middle class. And the billionaires? They keep making promises but they don't actually live up to them, they instead get the government to make the middle class pay for their own promises.

And the middle class keeps voting democrat. They're just unbelievably stupid.

RedSoloCup

Stevie Wonder could see this lunacy 40 miles away.

USNRETWIFE

I am so glad we got out 30 years ago, while it was still a nice place to live, and not the butt crack of America.  I feel for the people who want out and don't have the means, but have no sympathy for those like my brother who have the means, a house he can sell for good money and a second house in Idaho he can move to permanently.  He and his wife are both retired with good retirements and savings and if they want to stay in that state and see their hard work p!ssed away, let them.  Truthfully, we haven't even been back to visit.  I no longer want anything to do with that state.