To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Wisconsin city refuses to arrest rioters, but hands out hefty fines to churches with more than 50 worshippers

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Wisconsin city refuses to arrest rioters, but hands out hefty fines to churches with more than 50 worshippers

https://www.theblaze.com/

NEWS 

MAY 31, 2020

Article:

There have been violent riots in Wisconsin's capital of Madison, where a group of about 150 demonstrators threw rocks at police officers on Saturday night, according to WITI-TV. At least 75 stores were damaged or looted overnight. Despite the bedlam and property damage, the Madison Police Department only made three arrests.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel politics and statehouse reporter Patrick Marley tweeted, "Police chief says they aren't arresting people tonight." Interim Madison Police Chief Vic Wahl said his officers stood back during the protests.

While Madison didn't do much to prevent the barrage of looting in the city, officials want citizens to know that church services of more than 50 people will absolutely not be tolerated.

According to the city of Madison's website, "Mass Gathering inside a commercial facility is permitted with fifty (50) individuals or less. Individuals must maintain physical distancing."

Wisconsin priests were reportedly warned by health officials from Madison and Dane counties that if they opened their churches and had crowds of more than 50 people at their religious services, they face a fine of $1,000. The letter sent out to religious leaders allegedly threatened that there could be "government watchers" present at church services.

Full Story

Ticked@TinselTown

If this isn't a sterling example of this entire world being bass ackwards, I don't know what is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel

Anyone surprised it’s just democrats and the left showing their colors. I’m just surprised some rn members aren’t defending it or yelling what about

• Agree (+1) 1

ThePatriot

EVERY SINGLE CHURCH should be open and have more than 50 people at their services and then REFUSE to pay the fines.

SCREW these NAZI scumbags trying to stamp out religion.

• Agree (+1) 2

Howsithangin

Who didn't know this was Madison just by the headline?

Howsithangin
5 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

If this isn't a sterling example of this entire world being bass ackwards, I don't know what is.

Up is down, down is up. Right is wrong, wrong is right, and there are 87 genders.

Life as a hermit is really starting to look good.

oki

Call church services protests.  Also madison is so far left its amazing the city doesnt tip over.

Holland25
13 hours ago, ThePatriot said:

EVERY SINGLE CHURCH should be open and have more than 50 people at their services and then REFUSE to pay the fines.

SCREW these NAZI scumbags trying to stamp out religion.

So true. Let me try and include a letter I sent to my church which is opening June 6. :

Yes, it is great that mass is starting up again. I think it is a scandal that we are doing it at the behest of a uncooperative government and governor who anytime religious institutions and citizens need and request fair treatment, tax considerations, vouchers, etc. we are constantly preached to about "Separation of Church and State". Now we are sheepishly abasing ourselves and waiting for this anti-religious government to allow us to worship a certain way.

I am a registered nurse. This event was an enormous mistake and then being used by the Left to hurt this country, overreach their authority, and do whatever they can to harm this president. Our freedom to worship is an inalienable right given to us by God not government. The excuse offered by the government to violate our rights and civil liberties was largely based on lies. Only a very small number of citizens were at risk of danger. However, the Left used this to justify an unprecedented confiscation of our rights.  I can only hope that we will be more vigilant in the future. Not about viruses but our freedoms.

• Agree (+1) 1