Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa

Protesters Tear-Gassed for Trump ‘Law and Order’ Photo Op

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Lisa

Demonstrators were peacefully protesting near the White House when police unleashed tear gas on the crowd. 

The Daily Beast

Hanna Trudo, Sam Brodey, Spencer Ackerman, Asawin Suebsaeng

Updated Jun. 01, 2020 9:44PM ET Published Jun. 01, 2020 6:42PM ET 

Excerpt:

Moments before President Trump was scheduled to take the podium to address nationwide protests against police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death, police officers near the North Lawn of the White House charged at peaceful protesters, throwing tear gas as they aggressively attempted to disperse the crowd.

Dozens of people in the crowd were yelling, some with both hands above their heads, as police continued to infiltrate the scene, pushing them back with shields emblazoned “MILITARY POLICE.”

At various junctures, the startling sound of flash-bangs broke out, ringing though the air even as Trump began to speak, declaring himself the “president of law and order.” 

The protesters had been gathered peacefully outside the White House, until cops in riot gear moved in on them, engaging in a tense standoff that lasted for minutes. They then charged at the crowd, swinging batons and firing tear gas moments before Trump delivered remarks at the Rose Garden. 

“All of a sudden they started forming lines and next thing you know next we started hearing was booms,” protester Willie Smith told The Daily Beast. “TV does it no justice… It’s really bogus—I’m disappointed with way things are going.”

The tear gas was apparently used to break up protesters near St. John’s Episcopal Church—which had been partially lit on fire Sunday night—so that Trump could take a photo in front of it after his speech. Trump, standing for several minutes with White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, Attorney General Bill Barr, and others, held up a Bible in front of the church as cameras flashed.

Mariann Budde, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, would later denounce Trump for clearing protesters with force “so they could use one of our churches as a prop.”

Full Article

Link to video

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dean Adam Smithee

I really don't trust the left-ish Daily Beast on this. For one, they make a big deal about "...pushing them back with shields emblazoned “MILITARY POLICE.”...  yet the photo they post just shows shields saying "police".

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Confessor

If they think this is bad, wait til the Democrats take over the country. Xi Jinping will use VX gas to control people that mess with his photo ops as the new Secretary General of Amerika. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
Quote

 

The protesters had been gathered peacefully outside the White House, until cops in riot gear moved in on them, engaging in a tense standoff that lasted for minutes. They then charged at the crowd, swinging batons and firing tear gas moments before Trump delivered remarks at the Rose Garden. 

“All of a sudden they started forming lines and next thing you know next we started hearing was booms,” protester Willie Smith told The Daily Beast. “TV does it no justice… It’s really bogus—I’m disappointed with way things are going.”

 

Really?   The police were out there for a reason, and while the protestors have every right to be there to voice their concerns, when the authorities tell you to move back, you should move back. 

I, too, am disappointed with the way things are going.  The message behind the original protests has been obliterated and hijacked and the media is aiding that narrative at every turn.

This has nothing to do with protesting the wrongful death of Mr. Floyd, this is about politics and lies.

 

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisa

FYI I edited original post to add a link to a page that has the video.

Video

 

51 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I really don't trust the left-ish Daily Beast on this. For one, they make a big deal about "...pushing them back with shields emblazoned “MILITARY POLICE.”...  yet the photo they post just shows shields saying "police".

Since it's all over the internet yet no one posted it on this site,  I thought maybe we should have it here. I chose the one that was least Trump bashing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howsithangin
29 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

I really don't trust the left-ish Daily Beast on this.

Or anything, for that matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
19 minutes ago, Lisa said:

Since it's all over the internet yet no one posted it on this site,  I thought maybe we should have it here. I chose the one that was least Trump bashing. 

That has to be really hard to find...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lisa
9 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

That has to be really hard to find...

 

Yeah. I guess that's why no one else posted it here. They were possibly waiting for a blogger somewhere to post their opinions on it and then they'd post that here. I prefer the actual articles and video, etc. that the bloggers opine on to be posted on this site.

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ladybird

St. John's clergy: Trump used church as prop, Bible as symbol of division

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-church-trump-visit-bible-george-floyd-2d7013fa-337c-42ef-9d1d-2acffbe59bbb.html

Excerpt:

lergy of the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church expressed furor and confusion over President Trump's visit on Monday, which he claimed was to honor the establishment after George Floyd protestors sparked a small fire on the property Sunday night.

The big picture: Park rangers and military police deployed tear gas and physical force to disperse peaceful protestors from Lafayette Park, which surrounds the White House, so Trump could walk to "pay respects" to the church.

St. John’s, which is over 200 years old, is just steps away from the White House and is often referred to as the "church of the presidents."

What they're saying: Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, D.C., told the Washington Post on Monday she was "not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop."

Trump held a bible in his hand while standing outside the church for only a few minutes. Budde tweeted later that the president "used a Bible and a church of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for."

"To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard," she continued. "The President did not come to pray; he did not lament the death of George Floyd or acknowledge the collective agony of people of color in our nation. He did not attempt to heal or bring calm to our troubled land."?

<snip>

1591057815231.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 4
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BARman29

Does this mean the pandemic is over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erp
12 minutes ago, BARman29 said:

Does this mean the pandemic is over?

Yes, and now we are onto the race war. 
 

Next up might be back to border issues. Haven’t from that topic in a while.

 

Could revisit the pandemic, however. That seems to be a keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel

Was this before or after the peaceful protesters defaced and damaged monuments at the national mall? By the way why isn’t that on every news channel?  The idiots defaced even the linclon memorial. Tell me again how this has anything to do with peaceful protests. At this point the left has lost any right to claim peaceful protests. Tear gas them all I give a damn. Give them one empty parking garage they can stand in to protest,  they wander out gas them. This peaceful narrative is proven bull &lt;censored&gt; nightly

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Dave
3 hours ago, Ladybird said:

St. John's clergy: Trump used church as prop, Bible as symbol of division

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-church-trump-visit-bible-george-floyd-2d7013fa-337c-42ef-9d1d-2acffbe59bbb.html

Excerpt:

lergy of the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church expressed furor and confusion over President Trump's visit on Monday, which he claimed was to honor the establishment after George Floyd protestors sparked a small fire on the property Sunday night.

The big picture: Park rangers and military police deployed tear gas and physical force to disperse peaceful protestors from Lafayette Park, which surrounds the White House, so Trump could walk to "pay respects" to the church.

St. John’s, which is over 200 years old, is just steps away from the White House and is often referred to as the "church of the presidents."

What they're saying: Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, D.C., told the Washington Post on Monday she was "not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop."

Trump held a bible in his hand while standing outside the church for only a few minutes. Budde tweeted later that the president "used a Bible and a church of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for."

"To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard," she continued. "The President did not come to pray; he did not lament the death of George Floyd or acknowledge the collective agony of people of color in our nation. He did not attempt to heal or bring calm to our troubled land."?

<snip>

1591057815231.jpg

Episcopalians......they should just let the church burn

Sorry, all the protests should stop. They have lost any and all moral authority and purpose. 

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
6 hours ago, Ladybird said:

St. John's clergy: Trump used church as prop, Bible as symbol of division

https://www.axios.com/st-johns-church-trump-visit-bible-george-floyd-2d7013fa-337c-42ef-9d1d-2acffbe59bbb.html

Excerpt:

lergy of the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church expressed furor and confusion over President Trump's visit on Monday, which he claimed was to honor the establishment after George Floyd protestors sparked a small fire on the property Sunday night.

The big picture: Park rangers and military police deployed tear gas and physical force to disperse peaceful protestors from Lafayette Park, which surrounds the White House, so Trump could walk to "pay respects" to the church.

St. John’s, which is over 200 years old, is just steps away from the White House and is often referred to as the "church of the presidents."

What they're saying: Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, D.C., told the Washington Post on Monday she was "not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop."

Trump held a bible in his hand while standing outside the church for only a few minutes. Budde tweeted later that the president "used a Bible and a church of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for."

"To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard," she continued. "The President did not come to pray; he did not lament the death of George Floyd or acknowledge the collective agony of people of color in our nation. He did not attempt to heal or bring calm to our troubled land."?

<snip>

1591057815231.jpg

Yeah don't care about their opinion, their church is burned down and they are still idiots. You can't fix stupid, you can only give it a court date. The President did use this to make a point. So what? Obama went all around the world apologizing for the US, he made his point, Trump is making his. Don't like it? Show up at the polls and vote otherwise enjoy the next 4 years of Trump making points.

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holland25
8 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Really?   The police were out there for a reason, and while the protestors have every right to be there to voice their concerns, when the authorities tell you to move back, you should move back. 

I, too, am disappointed with the way things are going.  The message behind the original protests has been obliterated and hijacked and the media is aiding that narrative at every turn.

This has nothing to do with protesting the wrongful death of Mr. Floyd, this is about politics and lies.

 

Once the inevitable violence and looting started they loss the right to be called protestors. Lets stick with criminals and domestic terrorist.

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Selection

What the article fails to mention is that these "peaceful protesters" were only a few minutes away from violating the 7pm curfew and were making no effort to leave.

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BootsieBets
46 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

What the article fails to mention is that these "peaceful protesters" were only a few minutes away from violating the 7pm curfew and were making no effort to leave.

Exactly.

  • Disagree (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BootsieBets
51 minutes ago, Holland25 said:

Once the inevitable violence and looting started they loss the right to be called protestors. Lets stick with criminals and domestic terrorist.

At this point, the protesters are just providing cover for the rioters/insurgents.  And the insurgents are being funded, trained and brought to the cities by high powered people who want to bring down this nation.  They don’t care about George Floyd.  Any “protester” who is still on the streets after curfew is not honoring Floyd or his memory.  They are only helping the people who want to destroy America.  If that is the case, then there should be no sympathy for them and they should be treated like the rest of the rioters.

  • Disagree (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregvega

I saw the video live on t.v.  If they ere using tear gas why didn't the cops have gas masks on. How were the cops and crowed  able to slowly  walk through the clouds of smoke?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
1 hour ago, Natural Selection said:

What the article fails to mention is that these "peaceful protesters" were only a few minutes away from violating the 7pm curfew and were making no effort to leave.

Nor did they mention the events of the evening before outside the White House, around DC and this particular church as well. 
 

Yes, it was a statement by Trump. The left aholes call it a “photo-op”. In reality it’s a sign of law enforcement working. Of order being maintained. Of churches not being allowed to be set on fire. 
 

The left doesn’t like it? That’s just a bonus. 

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
3 hours ago, Natural Selection said:

What the article fails to mention is that these "peaceful protesters" were only a few minutes away from violating the 7pm curfew and were making no effort to leave.

Exactly right, if they were going to sit there until 7PM then what is the difference. civil disobedience is just that. So move them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutch13
4 hours ago, Natural Selection said:

What the article fails to mention is that these "peaceful protesters" were only a few minutes away from violating the 7pm curfew and were making no effort to leave.

They were 30 minutes away and no arrests were made of these protestors when they did violate the curfew. 

To anybody suggesting that it was not a photo op, you are a tool.  

What happened?  They cleared a corridor for Trump to walk.  Trump walked there.  They took pictures of him walking to the church.  What happened next? 

THEY TOOK PICTURES standing in front of the church.  What happened next?  He walked back to the White House. 

  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
1 minute ago, Dutch13 said:

They were 30 minutes away and no arrests were made of these protestors when they did violate the curfew. 

To anybody suggesting that it was not a photo op, you are a tool.  

What happened?  They cleared a corridor for Trump to walk.  Trump walked there.  They took pictures of him walking to the church.  What happened next? 

THEY TOOK PICTURES standing in front of the church.  What happened next?  He walked back to the White House. 

It’s nice how you don’t even care to think what the protesters did the night before and who the main agitators among the protesters obviously are. Facts don’t matter to you anymore Dutch. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dutch13
11 minutes ago, zurg said:

It’s nice how you don’t even care to think what the protesters did the night before and who the main agitators among the protesters obviously are. Facts don’t matter to you anymore Dutch. 

That is why they set a curfew and brought in the national guard.  

That has nothing to do with why Trump walked to the church.  He did that because he has been looking inept being the tweeter in chief.  I am not sure who came up with the idea for this photo op, but it was pretty bad idea.

I almost think that Joe Biden and Trump are trying to outdo each other in stupidity.   On Sunday, Biden makes his idiotic statements while wearing something under his chin to catch his drool.  Not to be outdone, on Monday, Trump takes a great opportunity to give an inspirational speech and then moots his own speech by using law enforcement to create a safe path to travel to his photo op.

That reminds me of something a leader in an authoritarian state would do.

  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taggart Transcontinental
36 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

They were 30 minutes away and no arrests were made of these protestors when they did violate the curfew. 

To anybody suggesting that it was not a photo op, you are a tool.  

What happened?  They cleared a corridor for Trump to walk.  Trump walked there.  They took pictures of him walking to the church.  What happened next? 

THEY TOOK PICTURES standing in front of the church.  What happened next?  He walked back to the White House. 

Really Dude, is there anything that Trump can do right other than leave office with you?

Your TDS is out of control. 30 minutes with a large crowd, they didn't intend to disperse. Thus it is the right of local / state or Federal Law Enforcement to stop illegal protests (they didn't have a permit, nor are they allowed to block streets).

  • Best Post (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...