To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa

Protesters Tear-Gassed for Trump ‘Law and Order’ Photo Op

Rate this topic

That_Guy

'He wears the armor of God': evangelicals hail Trump's church photo op

No one accuses Donald Trump of subtlety. When the US president raised a Bible overhead on Monday evening outside St John’s Episcopal church in Washington DC, the sign was unmistakable: an appeal to his evangelical base for loyalty, as protests and riots roared across America.

Not every Christian answered the call. The Rev Gini Gerbasi, an Episcopal priest, said police used teargas to drive her and others from St John’s before Trump’s appearance. “They turned holy ground into a battleground,” she told Religion News Service.

But many of Trump’s evangelical supporters, far from Washingtons political stage, saw the move as a victory in a world rife with evil.

Bishop 'outraged' over Trump's church photo op during George Floyd protests

“My whole family was flabbergasted,” said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

The Guardian

Dutch13
1 hour ago, Taggart Transcontinental said:

Well lets see, once again we saw a simple act turned into one in which the media demonstrated their bias and support of the DNC narrative. A narrative that you and every other person on here bitching fell for. When are you going to stop falling for these BS narratives? When are you going to realize that these people sitting at the White House are 70% useful idiot 30% violent provocateurs? They had weapons cache's pre-positioned. What do you think that means? There were FROZEN bottles of water and other fluids that were thrown into police lines. What? You didn't hear that from the media? There were bricks thrown at police, oh wait didn't hear that from the media!?!? Yeah guess what, you are gullible. I dare you to stand on the line of one of these protests and tell me how peaceful they are. For ever 1 person standing there peacefully out in front there are 3 with weapons behind him. Red teams hide 2-3 rows back from the regular protesters (green team) and throw their weapons at the police. That's their TTP, it allows them to blend into the crowd and escape arrest. When they are caught, that's when the yellow teams work to break up the arrest and resist the police by glomming on the and holding them from arresting the red team members. 

https://www.unitedpatriotsofamerica.com/antifa/antifa-and-the-black-bloc-explained.html

So when you see cops being swarmed by people during an arrest, that's what you are seeing. Trained operatives that are defending a black block member to ensure they get away. They are the 20 something little dirtbags willing to do harm to people, so they have to get away, there are only so many of these true believers out there. It is their version of "never leave a man behind". It's most effective when the PD does not recognize the actions, to capture the black block scumbags you need to respond in force as well, nail the clown, pin him and then encircle him to defend against the yellow.

That's what we are up against and you would rather criticize a POTUS that is attempting to enforce law and stop this.

Nobody FELL for anything.  When I watch the news, it is Fox Business or Fox News.  When I listen to the radio, I listen to Rush Limbaugh or fox/sports on Sirius.  

We all saw his photo op for what it was.  Donald Trump USING Christianity, AGAIN, for his political gain.

As for the media being lying hypocrites?  What do you expect?  What planet have you been living on for the past 20, 40, 60 years?  

I am not going to disagree with your assessment of how ANTIFA and similar groups operate in these crowds.......but that is just a strawman you are using to deflect from Donald Trump's poor judgement.

That crowd was there all day.  Are you suggesting that, at the EXACT moment that Donald Trump wanted his photo op, it just so happened that it was necessary for the police to take these steps?  Had Donald Trump not wanted to cross the street for his photo op, these actions would still have occurred?  That is BS.

Some of Donald Trump's biggest rightnation fans might swallow that, but people with common sense probably won't.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Taggart Transcontinental
16 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

Nobody FELL for anything.  When I watch the news, it is Fox Business or Fox News.  When I listen to the radio, I listen to Rush Limbaugh or fox/sports on Sirius.  

We all saw his photo op for what it was.  Donald Trump USING Christianity, AGAIN, for his political gain.

As for the media being lying hypocrites?  What do you expect?  What planet have you been living on for the past 20, 40, 60 years?  

I am not going to disagree with your assessment of how ANTIFA and similar groups operate in these crowds.......but that is just a strawman you are using to deflect from Donald Trump's poor judgement.

That crowd was there all day.  Are you suggesting that, at the EXACT moment that Donald Trump wanted his photo op, it just so happened that it was necessary for the police to take these steps?  Had Donald Trump not wanted to cross the street for his photo op, these actions would still have occurred?  That is BS.

Some of Donald Trump's biggest rightnation fans might swallow that, but people with common sense probably won't.  

You raced to this headline spouting nonsense. That is poor judgement.

• Like (+1) 1

GrimV
5 hours ago, Lisa said:

Truly, I wasn't ranting at all, but I can oblige if you'd like. :)

My opposing opinion has just as much worth as yours on this planet and is not ridiculous just because you don't agree. I AM DISAPPOINTED. I fell for nothing. I used my own eyes and saw what transpired and didn't need some blogger somewhere to tell me what "really" happened or what Trump "really" meant by the actions taken. And YES, once again, he's judged the ahole because he acted like one. His version of America - you mean the one where peaceful protesters are, without warrant or warning, rushed, gassed (or smoke bombed) so he could grab a quick photo op holding up a book he's clearly never opened? Damn right I hate that version! You should too! If Obama had pulled that stunt you'd have been all over it! 

Biden is a moron. And as I've stated, we need Trump for an economic recovery. This is where he excels. This is primarily why I voted for him.  BUT, I'm not blind to how inept and wrong he is in so many other areas. I'm not going to cheer him on when he pulls stupid stunts mainly to stroke his own ego. This man needs large doses of honesty to become a better man and what we need, not more ass kissing.

Perfection? No, of course not. The POTUS showing even a tiny bit of foresight, reserve, dignity and class. Absolutely!  I expect nothing less from anyone holding that office - and neither should you. This isn't a game show. His antics are tiresome and unacceptable. He needs to know this so he can serve another term. We don't really want to be sitting around hearing "too close to call" that night, do we? How pathetic would that be given the other candidate is in stage 4 dementia? 

I pretty much agree with everything you said. And honestly, I still haven't decided whether or not I'm voting for Trump (I didn't vote last election). Yes, he's a jerk. For me, though, I can't trust a word the man says. He repeatedly contradicts himself. Oftentimes in the same day. Occasionally in the same sentence. 

Then this happens...  

grant-tweet.png    

Grant Napear was the play-by-play announcer for the Kings for over 30 year. He lost his job over that tweet. 

A 30 year career was ending because he believed every life matters. 

*That's* the alternative. The alternative is losing your job for believing every life matters. Therein lies the dilemma -- do I suck it up and actively campaign and vote for a man I don't trust, or risk living in a world where I could lose my job for believing every life matters?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Moderator T
14 minutes ago, GrimV said:

I pretty much agree with everything you said. And honestly, I still haven't decided whether or not I'm voting for Trump (I didn't vote last election). Yes, he's a jerk. For me, though, I can't trust a word the man says. He repeatedly contradicts himself. Oftentimes in the same day. Occasionally in the same sentence. 

Then this happens...  

grant-tweet.png    

Grant Napear was the play-by-play announcer for the Kings for over 30 year. He lost his job over that tweet. 

*That's* the alternative. The alternative is losing your job for believing every life matters. Therein lies the dilemma -- do I suck it up and actively campaign and vote for a man I don't trust, or risk living in a world where I could lose my job for believing every life matters?  

That's not even the worst example of the alternative either.

As for Trump, I may not like him, but he meets my bare minimums.  He's pro-life in his policies, isn't the worst on guns (but definitely not great), and is pro law enforcement.  Any alternative would see my guns taken, more dead innocents, and my friends and coworkers lives made markedly more dangerous by the Democrats who always prioritize criminals over everyone else.  That said my position is the same as it has been in every election: vote your conscience.  If you can't compromise enough to vote Trump, vote for someone else.

That_Guy
1 hour ago, GrimV said:

grant-tweet.png    

Nothing to worry about in terms of employment; all you and this now former NBA announcer have to do, (when asked) is state unequivocally that black lives matter.

If that's too difficult, don't be surprised if your employer finds a replacement for you.

• Disagree (-1) 3

MontyPython
30 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Nothing to worry about in terms of employment; all you and this now former NBA announcer have to do, (when asked) is state unequivocally that black lives matter.

If that's too difficult, don't be surprised if your employer finds a replacement for you.

And that's precisely what he DID say. Unless, of course, it's your position "ALL lives" doesn't include black lives.

:rolleyes: 

Ladybird

all%20lives%20matter%20cartoon.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Natural Selection
43 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Repeat the official position or lose your job? Sounds like fascism to me.

Natural Selection
5 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Cute spin. Too bad more White people are killed by the police than blacks.

• Agree (+1) 1

MontyPython
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Nice try, I suppose. But of course it's a strawman. Nobody has suggested black lives "don't" matter, the way your cartoon would suggest the burning house "doesn't matter" to the guy with the hose.

:rolleyes: 

Sorry, but it's just conspicuously true that all lives matter, and anybody who would consider that a "racist" attitude or an "insufficient" response to "black lives matter" is beyond hope.

<_<

Edited by MontyPython

GrimV
1 hour ago, That_Guy said:

So you're confirming it. The alternative is this: If you believe all lives matter you should lose your job.

And this logic makes complete sense to you?

Now you know why I refer to Lefties as Sh*theads.

That_Guy
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, GrimV said:

So you're confirming it.

Only if you have difficulty with reading comprehension.

The alternative is this: If you believe all lives matter you should lose your job.

Believe whatever you'd like.  

When specifically asked about black lives, don't be surprised if a response referring to "all lives" results in your employer replacing you with someone who chooses to answer the question as asked.

Edited by That_Guy
  • Disagree (-1) 2

MontyPython
5 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

When specifically asked about black lives, don't be surprised if a response referring to "all lives" results in your employer replacing you with someone who chooses to answer the question as asked.

Once again:

He DID answer the question. UNLESS it's your contention that black lives AREN'T INCLUDED in "all lives".

B)

That_Guy
24 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

He DID answer the question. UNLESS it's your contention that black lives AREN'T INCLUDED in "all lives".

The term "all lives" wasn't included in the question, but it was in his answer.

• Disagree (-1) 2

GrimV
16 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Only if you have difficulty with reading comprehension.

Believe whatever you'd like.  

You actually believe people should lose the job for saying this: "ALL LIVES MATTER...EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!"

You actually believe that.

This is the alternative you're offering me: A world where I could lose my job for believing every life matters.

I didn't say "some lives". Every life. Every single life. You're offering me a world where I could lose my job because I believe every life single life matters. 

Okay, in fairness -- maybe not every single life. Remember the wanks who set fire to a home with children inside, then blocked firefighters trying to help?

I gotta be honest, people like that deserve nothing but contempt. Their lives don't even remotely matter.

That_Guy
8 minutes ago, GrimV said:

You actually believe people should lose the job for saying this: "ALL LIVES MATTER...EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!"

You actually believe that.

This is the alternative you're offering me: A world where I could lose my job for believing every life matters.

I didn't say "some lives". Every life. Every single life. You're offering me a world where I could lose my job because I believe every life single life matters. 

I believe that nobody should be surprised if their employer replaces them for any of a number of reasons, including an unwillingness to specifically acknowledge the value of black lives.

If you're in that category, it's by choice.

• Disagree (-1) 2

GrimV
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

I believe that nobody should be surprised if their employer replaces them for any of a number of reasons, including an unwillingness to specifically acknowledge the value of black lives.

If you're in that category, it's by choice.

I specifically acknowledge every life matters. According to you, I should lose me job for holding that belief. 

Why? Why should I lose my job for acknowledging every life matters?

More importantly, why should I embrace the alternative you're offering? 

And in case you forgot,  this is the alternative you're offering:  A world where I could lose my job for believing every life matters.

Edited by GrimV

MontyPython
53 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

And good for him, for giving the complete correct answer, AGAIN UNLESS it's your position black lives AREN'T included in "all lives". If black lives ARE included in "all lives", then his answer DID include black lives.

<_< 

Dutch13
49 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Are all people, black people?

Are all black people, people?

I understand the point of everybody saying that "Black lives matter".  At this time, we should all understand the need for some to hear us agree with that statement.  Black lives do matter.  There, I said it and I meant it....but what did it change?  Is the life of a black person better because of it? 

That said, a person shouldn't lose his job over that.  I understand the need for black people to feel like something is being done.  It starts at the ballot box.  Are they going to vote for the same old people they have been voting for?

I hate Donald Trump, the man.  I think he takes a racial situation and he makes it worse (just like MOST politicians).....but this isn't his fault.  He has been in power for 3 years.  This is a democrat problem.  The majority of these incidences take place in democrat strongholds and they have been that way for decades.

As much as I dislike Donald Trump, the only thing that is going to solve these issues are TIME, family, and strong support networks.  White people saying Black Lives Matter isn't going to change a thing if the same people stay in power.  Why do police unions have such power?  The same reasons that all unions have power......their shady deals with democrats.  The democrats supplanted the mob in their shady dealings with unions.

Donald Trump has done as much as he can (as any President can) for minorities.  They need jobs and stability in their lives to create stable homes. 

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

That_Guy
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GrimV said:

I specifically acknowledge every life matters. According to you, I should lose me job for holding that belief. 

Incorrect.  You should not be surprised when your employer chooses to replace you if you are unwilling or unable to specifically acknowledge the value of black lives. 

That’s all I’m saying. 

Edited by That_Guy
  • Disagree (-1) 2

That_Guy
47 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

his answer DID include black lives

Specifically?

• Disagree (-1) 1

That_Guy
38 minutes ago, Dutch13 said:

I understand the point of everybody saying that "Black lives matter".  At this time, we should all understand the need for some to hear us agree with that statement.  Black lives do matter.  There, I said it and I meant it....but what did it change? 

Your setting an example is a good thing to do, even though you may never know if anyone is changed by or because of it.

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)

This is too bad.  According to this new information, I could have fired any employee for not repeating everything I wanted them to say!  

I should have fired anyone who did not address me as "Your Exaulted Royal Highness; The Most Handsome, Intelligent, Fair and Humble Man On Earth"!

I missed so many opportunities...  I wonder what other political slogans employees should be forced to repeat.

Edited by Magic Rat
  • Haha (+1) 1

MontyPython
17 minutes ago, That_Guy said:

Specifically?

Yes, specifically.

B)