Sign in to follow this  
Lisa

New coronavirus losing potency, top Italian doctor says

Rate this topic

Lisa

New coronavirus losing potency, top Italian doctor says

Reuters•May 31, 2020

Excerpt:

ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

Italy has the third highest death toll in the world from COVID-19, with 33,415 people dying since the outbreak came to light on Feb. 21. It has the sixth highest global tally of cases at 233,019.

However new infections and fatalities have fallen steadily in May and the country is unwinding some of the most rigid lockdown restrictions introduced anywhere on the continent.

Zangrillo said some experts were too alarmist about the prospect of a second wave of infections and politicians needed to take into account the new reality.

Full Article

Ticked@TinselTown

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

If I am not mistaken, there was more than one poster here on Right Nation who stated this very outcome more than a month ago. 

• Best Post (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Like I said before, this is a manmade virus and thus no way for it to be sustained in the human body. Natural viruses remain because they are based on human anatomy this is artificial so it will die out like H1N1, SARS and MERS, as well as any of those other killers the Chinese have released in their testing. The next one will as well. Time to deal with the threat not the viruses they release.

BootsieBets

Are we still on COVID???  I thought we had moved past that and were on the protest/riots now.  Can someone please send me an agenda?  I can’t keep up.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 2

jamesalex12

This is very endless process we cant stay safe untill the vaccine come ..

FE