RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

Rate this topic

MontyPython
17 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. :P

LOL. I don't care if it's the goose-poop on the rocks down by the marina. Whatever causes it, it gets too freakin' hot for me during the summer. Best, most pleasant and comfortable summer weather I ever experienced was summer of '74...in Anchorage Alaska. THAT was nice weather.

:yes: 

Magic Rat
5 hours ago, That_Guy said:

Dude...what is wrong with you?  You're talking about killing people.

A business owner who had put all of the effort you describe into an enterprise that's as important to them as you describe would have insurance to cover these kinds of losses.

That's no reason for you to be encouraging the state (or even the business owner) to take someone's life.

Ah insurance!  It solves everything.  As a former owner of a "writing business" and currently a "real estate speculator", you should know something about how insurance works or how charges are adjusted, payments are issued, deductions or the fact that INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL CANCEL AND NEVER REISSUE POLICIES IN THE NEIGHBORHOODS WHERE MOST OF THE LOOTING HAS OCCURRED.  This is why most businesses do not reopen in riot prone areas.

You didn't know that, of course.  Because you were never a business owner and you do not buy or sale real estate.

Since there is no magic "insurance wand", most of these people have lost their livelihoods, investments or both capital and hard work, their savings and retirement.  In other words, their rights and have every right to protect their property with deadly force.  In fact we have a moral obligation to support them doing so.

• Best Post (+1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 1

Magic Rat
7 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

LOL. I don't care if it's the goose-poop on the rocks down by the marina. Whatever causes it, it gets too freakin' hot for me during the summer. Best, most pleasant and comfortable summer weather I ever experienced was summer of '74...in Anchorage Alaska. THAT was nice weather.

But in the other seasons,  it probably rains more in Anchorage than it does here.

Natural Selection
8 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

LOL. I don't care if it's the goose-poop on the rocks down by the marina.

Congratulations. I've never heard that one before. :lol:

MontyPython
8 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

But in the other seasons,  it probably rains more in Anchorage than it does here.

Meh, LOL, I'm a PacNWsterner. Rain doesn't bother me. I don't get wet, I grow moss, LOL. I know what a "bumbershoot" is. I know a "geoduck" isn't a bird, etc.

It's the rain that keeps the PacNW so green & beautiful. Bring on the rain!

7 minutes ago, Natural Selection said:

Congratulations. I've never heard that one before. :lol:

Never used it before, LOL. Just now made it up.

• Agree (+1) 1

Magic Rat
1 minute ago, MontyPython said:

Meh, LOL, I'm a PacNWsterner. Rain doesn't bother me. I don't get wet, I grow moss, LOL. I know what a "bumbershoot" is. I know a "geoduck" isn't a bird, etc.

It's the rain that keeps the PacNW so green & beautiful. Bring on the rain!

Never used it before, LOL. Just now made it up.

Hey!  I’ve lived here long enough to know what a Bumbershoot is!  It’s a hippie festival where people go to wear ugly hemp hoodies made with hemp and with Bob Marley screen printed on them, smoke weed and pretend to like really, really crappy music.  Like a guy pounding on a bongo for 20 minutes in the same meter.

(I actually witnessed this.)

And I’ve even eaten geoduck sashimi!  It was okay.

MontyPython
2 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

Hey!  I’ve lived here long enough to know what a Bumbershoot is!  It’s a hippie festival where people go to wear ugly hemp hoodies made with hemp and with Bob Marley screen printed on them, smoke weed and pretend to like really, really crappy music.  Like a guy pounding on a bongo for 20 minutes in the same meter.

(I actually witnessed this.)

And I’ve even eaten geoduck sashimi!  It was okay.

LOL. Hope you took your bumbershoot to the bumbershoot festival! Sometimes it rains......

And the best way to eat geoduck is to slice it thin, coat with flour & egg & seasonings to taste, then fry quickly in a hot frying pan with oil.

NomNomNom!

:D

Howsithangin
On 6/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, That_Guy said:

Is this what you've gathered from your living room in Blaine, Washington?

You believe that lethal force is an appropriate response to a non-violent property crime?

Spoken like a true thug and riot supporter

When thugs are breaking and entering, , how is one to presume to know that all they intend is a 'nonviolent property crime?  Blow them back out the door they entered

When thugs burn down buildings do you think they check first to make sure that the buildings are unoccupied? Take 'em out

Howsithangin
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, That_Guy said:

Dude...what is wrong with you?  You're talking about killing people.

A business owner who had put all of the effort you describe into an enterprise that's as important to them as you describe would have insurance to cover these kinds of losses.

That's no reason for you to be encouraging the state (or even the business owner) to take someone's life.

Spoken like someone who has never toiled and saved to build something up from the ground

You excuse and support rioting then have the ads to try and take the high road? 

Edited by Howsithangin

Howsithangin
On 6/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, MTP Reggie said:

BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery
PUBLISHED MON, JUN 1 20208:08 AM EDT UPDATED MON, JUN 1 20203:17 PM EDT
Matthew J. Belvedere
CNBC

Nope. Won't happen. That is enough to start a genuine insurrection

Always withe handouts...

Holland25
On 6/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Squirrel said:

Someone breaking into your business or home you suggest waiting to see if they are violent? What is wrong with you you care that little about your life or that of your employees or family? Or are you just a coward? I guess you hope for the best and lay down? Maybe call the police and hope they aren’t violent and no one is harmed during the wait time for them to arrive? I’d say that’s sicker an indifference to innocent life. But hey if that works for you. It doesn’t at my house so don’t break in

Totally agree

Dean Adam Smithee
On 6/6/2020 at 3:22 AM, That_Guy said:

You believe that lethal force is an appropriate response to a non-violent property crime?

In a declared "State of Emergency"? Yes.

Buckwheat Jones
On 6/6/2020 at 2:22 AM, That_Guy said:

Still riding the StruggleBus, Eric?

what we’re watching is anarchy.  Only this time, it has the backing of city politicians, pro sports, the media, the Democratic Party and pop culture. These groups support the looting for different reasons, but one thing is clearly understood by conservatives.  If looters don’t follow the law, and they are aides and abetted by the leaders of cultural trends, then why should any of the rest of us follow the law?

this is bad. Do you get that, Eric?

• Agree (+1) 1