Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

MN Mayor: We Urge Rioters to Wear Masks and Practice Social Distancing

https://insidescooppolitics.com

BY  ADAM

JUNE 2, 2020

Article:

1024px-A_man_stands_on_a_burned_out_car_

As the city is being looted, destroyed, and burnt to the ground, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey asked the rioters to wear masks and practice social distancing.

“The City encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week,”

Well that’s awfully nice of them.

What we have seen out of Minnesota is an absolute failure of leadership.

While they police were being urged to arrest anyone who was not practicing social distancing or was attending church services, rioters were burning Minneapolis buildings to the ground and assaulting innocent business owners.

But apparently what was more concerning was the practicing of social distancing.

Full Story

USNRETWIFE

I had to see if this was the Babylon Bee.  Sadly, it isn't.

Taggart Transcontinental

This is how stupid the left really is, they need fear and anarchy to push their nonsense so they don't want to stop it, they just want the people afraid.

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, USNRETWIFE said:

I had to see if this was the Babylon Bee.  Sadly, it isn't.

It's just fake headline news.

Mayor was not talking about riots, he was talking about protesting, which is a lawful excercise of free speech in this coutry last I checked.

Edited by AntonToo

MontyPython
55 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

It's just fake headline news.

Mayor was not talking about riots, he was talking about protesting, which is a lawful excercise of free speech in this coutry last I checked.

Wrong again Anton (as usual.) Here's the actual quote again, since you apparently missed it:

“The City encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week”

Notice he said "EVERYONE", not just the legal, peaceful protesters. And he said everyone "participating in demonstrations", AGAIN, not only those participating in the few legal, peaceful protests.

Sheesh Anton, please take that reading-comprehension course we've been begging you to take for so many years.

:rolleyes: 

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Wrong again Anton (as usual.) Here's the actual quote again, since you apparently missed it:

“The City encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week”

Notice he said "EVERYONE", not just the legal, peaceful protesters. And he said everyone "participating in demonstrations", AGAIN, not only those participating in the few legal, peaceful protests.

Sheesh Anton, please take that reading-comprehension course we've been begging you to take for so many years.

What the hell?

His words were participating in demonstrating and protesting, not rioting as the headline suggested.

Not sure what you think you are refuting.

Edited by AntonToo

Squirrel
18 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

What the hell?

His words were participating in demonstrating and protesting, not rioting as the headline suggested.

Maybe you haven’t noticed yet what protests aren’t turning into riots. Damn your not smart. By the way is it you need a mask or a brick to enter a store now? The lefts rules have made it all so confusing. Do you also want to defend AOC tweet on how to participate in civil unrest with out getting caught? I’m sure your much closer to her iq and can explain that. At a minn it’s the left even if it’s the far left rioting. You know your people. I’d like a graph too please

johnnybravo

If states and/or cities don’t end their stay at home orders now, then we know for sure that it was all political. I mean, they were arresting people who wanted to open their business but they are fine with people going out and burning that business down. Where are all of the screams about how these “protesters” are evil and shouldn’t be allowed hospital care if they get the Wuhan?

MontyPython
21 minutes ago, AntonToo said:

Then AGAIN I highly reccommend a reading-comprehension course.

Ladybird
52 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

Then AGAIN I highly reccommend a reading-comprehension course.

It doesn't say anything about rioters.

Stupid click-bait headline.

• Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

AntonToo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Maybe you haven’t noticed yet what protests aren’t turning into riots.

So your conclusion is that demonstrating and protesting should not be permitted at all?

Thats not my conclusion and it obviously is not the conclusion of the mayor, but he never condoned rioting as the headline falsely suggests.

Edited by AntonToo
  • Disagree (-1) 1

GrimV
4 hours ago, Ladybird said:

It doesn't say anything about rioters.

Stupid click-bait headline.

Regardless, at least they're not filthy Jews attending a funeral.

• Haha (+1) 1

Natural Selection
5 hours ago, AntonToo said:

So your conclusion is that demonstrating and protesting should not be permitted at all?

Most public gatherings require a permit. I don't see why peaceful demonstrations should be exempt.