To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Rosenstein testifies he would not have signed FISA warrant for Trump aide if he knew of problems

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Rosenstein testifies he would not have signed FISA warrant for Trump aide if he knew of problems
By Brooke Singman
Fox News
06/03/2020

<More Here>

Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein testified Wednesday that he would not have signed a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant renewal for former Trump campaign aide Carter Page had he known about the since-revealed misconduct surrounding those warrants -- while faulting the FBI for its handling of the documents.

Rosenstein confirmed that he signed a FISA warrant renewal application for Page, during a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee where he was the first witness as part of the panel’s fresh investigation into the origins of the Russia probe.

"If you knew then what you know now, would you have signed the warrant application?" committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., asked Rosenstein.

"No, I would not," Rosenstein said.

Rosenstein, in his opening statement, defended his own actions related to the FISA warrant, saying that “every application I approved appeared to be justified based on the facts it alleged.” Rosenstein implicitly pointed the finger at the FBI for since-revealed problems in that process.

(snip)

<More Here>

spt

So in other words.  I rubber stamped anything put in front of me because I am an incompetent fool.  

• Agree (+1) 3

MontyPython
1 hour ago, spt said:

So in other words.  I rubber stamped anything put in front of me because I am an incompetent fool.  

Exactly. He might as well have said exactly that, or something similar like: "I couldn't be bothered to do my job and find out what's what, so I just signed it."

<_< 

searcher
1 hour ago, spt said:

I'm certain he questioned folks at length before signing. 😏

Mark

Ticked@TinselTown

Shall we take a page out of the Bubba Clinton Handbook of Dissembling and require Rod to explain the meaning of the word IF?