To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Capn'D

Trump says he hopes George Floyd 'looking down' and seeing today’s jobs numbers as 'a great day for him'

Rate this topic

Capn'D

Independent

Alex Woodward 

The nation's unemployment rate declined from 14.7 per cent in April to 13.3 per cent in May

Donald Trump has said he hopes George Floyd is "looking down right now" and saying the decline in US unemployment announced on Friday is a "great thing that's happening for our country".

The nation's unemployment rate saw a surprise decline following the coronaviruspandemic but remains higher than during the Great Recession, prompting the president to state that a strong economy was central to improving racial tensions.

His remarks follow Thursday's memorial for Mr Floyd, who was killed by police on Memorial Day after an officer forced his knee on the back of his neck for nearly nine minutes while facing the ground in handcuffs.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Jax

Except...that isn't what he said: 

• Agree (+1) 2

Magic Rat
Posted (edited)

Lol!  Opportunistic and crass but no worse than anyone else who is reading George Floyd's dead mind.

Edited by Magic Rat

Martin

Every time I hear Trump quoted in the MSM, I have to go on-line to find out what Trump really said.  

• Agree (+1) 4

Jax
1 minute ago, Martin said:

Every time I hear Trump quoted in the MSM, I have to go on-line to find out what Trump really said.  

Every. Stinkin'. Time. The level of dishonesty is mind-boggling. I'm constantly shouting at my screen: "We can SEE you!!" 

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown
11 minutes ago, Jax said:

Except...that isn't what he said: 

But... the media wouldn't frame his tweet to suit their agenda, would they? 

• Agree (+1) 1

Jax
1 minute ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

But... the media wouldn't frame his tweet to suit their agenda, would they? 

Do bears bear? Do bees be? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
2 minutes ago, Jax said:

So they just can't help themselves...

• Agree (+1) 1

Jax
Just now, Ticked@TinselTown said:

So they just can't help themselves...

Or don't want to. (Intent or no, it's who/what they've largely become.) 

• Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel

I’m sure the left and our left members will find something offensive in that tweet. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if the news doesn’t say he failed to mention black employment. Failing that they will yell he used the death as a twitter equivalent of a photo op.

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
Just now, Jax said:

Or don't want to. (Intent or no, it's who/what they've largely become.) 

I honestly believe that it's a matter of them wanting to see just how far they can go before they get caught, and even then, what are the consequences?

A mealy mouthed 'retraction/correction' that NOBODY pays attention to because the original dishonest sound byte that was shared umpteen million times has already done what it was intended to do: push a lie as truth.

• Agree (+1) 2

Ladybird

So why was today "a great day" for the departed Mr. Floyd? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

MontyPython
29 minutes ago, Jax said:

Does a bee pee at the BP?

;)

• Haha (+1) 2

That_Guy
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Apparently, he's supposed to appreciate equal justice under the law.  Or something.

He's dead at the hands of officers sworn to protect and serve him (and over a pack of cigarettes), but it's a good day for the Constitution.  Or something.

Edited by That_Guy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2
  • Agree (+1) 2

Weaseljd
11 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

I used to believe you were not so intentionally obtuse.  

Unfortunately, no longer can I so believe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 3

That_Guy
1 minute ago, Weaseljd said:

I"m sure she cares about your opinion of her.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 3
  • Agree (+1) 1

Ladybird
3 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

Ah.. So you don't know either.  C'est la vie..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 2

Weaseljd
18 minutes ago, Ladybird said:

Ah.. So you don't know either.  C'est la vie..

No, I know.  I can fortunately read and have a high reading comprehension level.  You on the other hand are being intentionally obtuse and not reading (or ignoring) the full quote set forth above to obtain the context and meaning of what was said and why.  That being the case, I am sorry, but I am not willing to act as your teacher to spell it out for you when no matter what I say you will continue to play your normal games.  C'est la vie you say?  C'est la vie indeed to whatever small amount of credibility or respect you ever had from me as to anything you posted here. 

• Agree (+1) 4

Magic Rat
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

Because Al Sharpton wasn't hustling in his name today.

• Like (+1) 1

Martin
1 hour ago, Jax said:

Every. Stinkin'. Time. The level of dishonesty is mind-boggling. I'm constantly shouting at my screen: "We can SEE you!!" 

What CNN claims Trump said:  “When violent people were marching with tiki torches in Charlottesville, the president said they were ‘very fine people.’”

What Trump really said:  “They didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.  I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Jax
2 minutes ago, Martin said:

What CNN claims Trump said:  “When violent people were marching with tiki torches in Charlottesville, the president said they were ‘very fine people.’”

What Trump really said:  “They didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.  I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Yet MANY believe the CNN lie. Still. Heck, I think even Snopes says it's a lie. But get out there with it early and often and your story's sold.  

SARGE
1 minute ago, Jax said:

Yet MANY believe the CNN lie. Still. Heck, I think even Snopes says it's a lie. But get out there with it early and often and your story's sold.  

Goebbels School of Journalism:

"A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth”

“If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.”

“If you tell a lie long enough, it becomes the truth.”

• Agree (+1) 1

Martin
1 hour ago, Jax said:

A Wash Post reporter claimed that Trump called the coronavirus "a hoax."

What Trump really said:  “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus . They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’, ‘Oh, nothing, nothing.’ They have no clue, they don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since he got in. It’s all turning, they lost. It’s all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax."

• Agree (+1) 1

Martin
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jax said:

NBC News claimed that Trump had called Confederate General Robert E. Lee "incredible."  Faced with the video of Trump's actual remarks, they admitted that Trump had called General Grant incredible and not his most famous opponent.  I find NBC News itself incredible, unbelievable, fantastic, in the sense that it is not credible, you cannot believe it, and it is just a reporter's fantasy.  

Edited by Martin

Natural Selection
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, That_Guy said:

Apparently, he's supposed to appreciate equal justice under the law.  Or something.

He's dead at the hands of officers sworn to protect and serve him (and over a pack of cigarettes), but it's a good day for the Constitution.  Or something.

What's wrong? The Nike shoes you looted were the wrong size? :comfort:

Edited to add... He was arrested trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. Your attempt to disguise his crime by referring to what he wanted to buy is noted.

Edited by Natural Selection
  • Disagree (-1) 1