To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Capn'D

Trump says he hopes George Floyd 'looking down' and seeing today’s jobs numbers as 'a great day for him'

Rate this topic

Martin
2 hours ago, Jax said:

Every. Stinkin'. Time. The level of dishonesty is mind-boggling. I'm constantly shouting at my screen: "We can SEE you!!" 

What the New York Times claimed Trump told state governors about obtaining medical equipment for the pandemic:  In an article published on Monday, the Times claimed President Trump simply told governors that “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves.”  Additionally, a Times editorial board writer claimed Trump said governors ‘are on their own,’ which isn’t actually what he said at all, as reflected by his full quote.

What Trump really said:  "“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves. We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

Natural Selection
3 minutes ago, Martin said:

What the New York Times claimed Trump told state governors about obtaining medical equipment for the pandemic:  In an article published on Monday, the Times claimed President Trump simply told governors that “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves.”  Additionally, a Times editorial board writer claimed Trump said governors ‘are on their own,’ which isn’t actually what he said at all, as reflected by his full quote.

What Trump really said:  "“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves. We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

It's the leftists favorite method of deception these days. Omitting information allows them to claim they didn't lie, even though they obviously meant to deceive.

• Best Post (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel
1 hour ago, Ladybird said:

So why was today "a great day" for the departed Mr. Floyd? 

Didn’t take long before you got talking points, maybe a great day because officers are all charged, maybe a great day because job numbers are looking better. Wait you’ll hate this one even for minorities? Maybe a great day because.... but keep hating. I’m sure you and TG can find more horrible racist things in his statement. 

• Best Post (+1) 1

Timothy
48 minutes ago, Weaseljd said:

No, I know.  I can fortunately read and have a high reading comprehension level.  You on the other hand are being intentionally obtuse and not reading (or ignoring) the full quote set forth above to obtain the context and meaning of what was said and why.  That being the case, I am sorry, but I am not willing to act as your teacher to spell it out for you when no matter what I say you will continue to play your normal games.  C'est la vie you say?  C'est la vie indeed to whatever small amount of credibility or respect you ever had from me as to anything you posted here. 

Like with many of Trump's rambling, stream of conscious press conferences, he jumps around from issue to issue incoherently.  He doesn't properly transition between issues and complete his thoughts.  It's left to the reader/listener to try to infer which issue many of his talking points are supposed to address.

The press conference was about jobs numbers and when he talks about it being a "great day", the jobs report seems to be the most likely candidate.

Immediately proceeding what he said about Floyd, he was talking about equal justice and law enforcement.  I'm assuming this is what you are referring to.  And it does suggest that his "great day" statement has something to do with that.  But it's unclear.  The "full quote" doesn't talk about or reference anything specific to today.

I agree with the critiques of this headline.  It is by no means clear that the jobs numbers is what "great day" was referring to.  But it is also by no means clear that it wasn't.  Ladybird's question was a fair one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

Squirrel
1 hour ago, That_Guy said:

Apparently, he's supposed to appreciate equal justice under the law.  Or something.

He's dead at the hands of officers sworn to protect and serve him (and over a pack of cigarettes), but it's a good day for the Constitution.  Or something.

Damn now we’re back to that so you hate unemployment numbers are better then predicted? You hate the officers were charged? You hate what exactly he said? I guess you just hate he spoke. Or do you just hate the riots are finally stopping? I’d think that was a good thing but what’s your issue? 

• Agree (+1) 1

Natural Selection
12 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Like with many of Trump's rambling, stream of conscious press conferences, he jumps around from issue to issue incoherently.  He doesn't properly transition between issues and complete his thoughts.  It's left to the reader/listener to try to infer which issue many of his talking points are supposed to address.

The press conference was about jobs numbers and when he talks about it being a "great day", the jobs report seems to be the most likely candidate.

Immediately proceeding what he said about Floyd, he was talking about equal justice and law enforcement.  I'm assuming this is what you are referring to.  And it does suggest that his "great day" statement has something to do with that.  But it's unclear.  The "full quote" doesn't talk about or reference anything specific to today.

I agree with the critiques of this headline.  It is by no means clear that the jobs numbers is what "great day" was referring to.  But it is also by no means clear that it wasn't.  Ladybird's question was a fair one.

Is there anything about the day that was bad?

Tikk

Imagine the number of suicides across the coasts if Trump said, "Good news!  You're still alive!"

zurg
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

It’s not unclear. When he moved on to talk about George Floyd, he made the great day comment. He said it’s a great day for equality, right after he’d talked about equal justice and that minorities need to get fair treatment from law enforcement. 

Nothing about the timing, the context, or the topic is at all unclear. This is simply another time where his words are TWISTED to something you think he’d say. Or something you really wish he would say. But he didn’t. 

Here’s the actual text, since you don’t even believe Jax’s quote anymore: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/mainstream-reporters-falsely-accuse-trump-of-suggesting-george-floyd-would-be-happy-about-jobs-numbers/amp/

And by the way, none of the major networks carried the full quote. They took the anti-Trump interpretation and ran it instead. More “fake but accurate” from your side. It’s really tiring. 

• Agree (+1) 1

Timothy
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, zurg said:

It’s not unclear. When he moved on to talk about George Floyd, he made the great day comment. He said it’s a great day for equality, right after he’d talked about equal justice and that minorities need to get fair treatment from law enforcement. 

Nothing about the timing, the context, or the topic is at all unclear. This is simply another time where his words are TWISTED to something you think he’d say. Or something you really wish he would say. But he didn’t. 

Here’s the actual text, since you don’t even believe Jax’s quote anymore: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationalreview.com/news/mainstream-reporters-falsely-accuse-trump-of-suggesting-george-floyd-would-be-happy-about-jobs-numbers/amp/

And by the way, none of the major networks carried the full quote. They took the anti-Trump interpretation and ran it instead. More “fake but accurate” from your side. It’s really tiring. 

What makes it a "great day for equality"?

I believe the quote.  I am saying that WITH the whole quote, it is unclear.  There's no apparent reason for him to be talking about it being a "great day".

Edited by Timothy
  • Disagree (-1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

kestrel
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

I believe the quote.  I am saying that WITH the whole quote, it is unclear.  There's no apparent reason for him to be talking about it being a "great day".

"What makes it a "great day for equality"?

Looter's burned and destroyed Black owned bidnesses the same way as they as they did to white owned bidnesses..Is that what you had in mind?..four bad cops off the street and facing jail (did Emmet Till get that?) time, A massive amount of Americans are rethinking the way we "Police" our communities I obviously did not know Floyd But I bet he would think that those cops being held responsible a great thing..you don't?

Kestrel... 

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Timothy said:

“Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender or creed. They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement”

”We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying ‘this is a great thing that’s happening for our country’. This is a great day for him. This is a great day for everybody, this is a great, great day in terms of equality.”

————

First: it is absolutely obvious that this has nothing to do with jobs numbers or the stock market or financial results or any of that. It’s obvious that Trump is speaking of justice under the law, and of law enforcement, of equal treatment for all, obviously including blacks. It’s obvious that by the second paragraph, Trump’s referral to George isn’t about what the media claimed it was about. In fact, it is so obviously not about what they claimed it was about, that the media (as usual) are deliberately lying. This simply cannot be argued against. This is what Trump has to deal with all the time. It’s prototypical FAKE NEWS. 

Second: it’s less clear why Trump is saying that this is a great day for George, because detractors will say, wait he’s dead, how is that great. But Trump is clearly stating his belief that George’s soul isn’t actually dead, but can look at his life having been worthwhile because Trump agrees that progress is being and will be made on equal treatment under the law, which will be fairer to blacks, according to Trump. BTW, several black speakers have mentioned that now that George died, he achieved much more than he probably expected in his life. That the benefit to others makes it societally worthwhile. That is, Trump is not the only one saying things like this. 

Edited by zurg
  • Agree (+1) 1

Noclevermoniker
5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Damn now we’re back to that so you hate unemployment numbers are better then predicted? You hate the officers were charged? You hate what exactly he said? I guess you just hate he spoke. Or do you just hate the riots are finally stopping? I’d think that was a good thing but what’s your issue? 

He ran out of rocks and won’t go get more on his own. 

That_Guy
6 hours ago, Timothy said:

There's no apparent reason for him to be talking about it being a "great day".

He's signaling to those racists among his base of voters.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Squirrel
3 hours ago, That_Guy said:

And here we have the race card again of actually thrown out by a racist. I’m surprised it took you that long to go to your failed fall back

Moderator T
3 hours ago, That_Guy said:

How so?  Are the words "great day" a secret Stormfront codeword or something?

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
2 hours ago, Moderator T said:

How so?  Are the words "great day" a secret Stormfront codeword or something?

When you're pushing the agenda of racism, isn't everything a codeword?

• Agree (+1) 1

Ticked@TinselTown
15 hours ago, Martin said:

What CNN claims Trump said:  “When violent people were marching with tiki torches in Charlottesville, the president said they were ‘very fine people.’”

What Trump really said:  “They didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.  I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Which makes it quite clear that the media hacks in this country have a clear agenda when they 'gist' what the President is saying so that they can infect the mindless sheeple with their lies who are too lazy to actually seek out the truth of what President Trump has actually said.

The media is corrupt and the sheeple are lazy.  Not a good recipe.

MontyPython
17 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

When you're pushing the agenda of racism, isn't everything a codeword?

I think "codeword" is a codeword, you racist!

;)

Ticked@TinselTown
5 minutes ago, MontyPython said:

I think "codeword" is a codeword, you racist!

;)

Oh, sh*t!   :unsure:

MontyPython
7 hours ago, That_Guy said:

And as always, you've got it exactly backwards. The racists are found among the anti-Trump scum. And you're the quintessential example.

<_< 

oki
8 hours ago, That_Guy said:

Racist like myself and neighbor who are both Vets and in interracial marriages?  Yup, Trump is such a racist.  Even a lady he dated who is Black thinks so.

https://newsone.com/3732475/trump-not-racist-black-girlfriend-kara-young/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/us/politics/trump-blacks-african-americans-girlfriend-charlottesville.html?referer=https://t.co/btW0OXyLEO%3famp=1

Oops, half Black just like Obama (who by the way we have no proof of ever dating anyone who wasn't black).

Even the good Reverend Jessi Jackson thinks Trump is a racist and bad for Black people..

Man that was something. 

Even to the point where it's obvious.

Man what a racist.

I mean this is worse than the time your hero had two White Marines hold umbrellas like servants.

Buckwheat Jones
9 hours ago, That_Guy said:

All six of them?

Squirrel

The racists would be on the left. So maybe he’s signaling he really doesn’t care about TG’s fake accusations. That I’m sure hurts the lefts feelings

zurg

Trump could say “I have asked the AG to look into ways for me to issue an executive order that will make displays of racial bias a crime in government and law enforcement” and the media headlines would say “Trump’s pandering to blacks falls short” and “Polls show voters believe Trump is lying to get any blacks to vote for him” etc etc. 

kestrel
1 hour ago, Buckwheat Jones said:

All six of them?

Now its only five! Looks like T_G is coming around!

K...