RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
kestrel

Now here's some hero's

Rate this topic

kestrel

• Best Post (+1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

This is awesome. If I were the company running these stores I would ensure that I rebuilt in these neighborhoods. To ensure these people were rewarded for their efforts. Protest all day, protect your property and those around you. Get your message out. Keep your neighborhoods growing. That makes everyone's ship rise. That way we can correct those agencies that fail to protect and serve their people. Remember cops are all residents of the area they work.

MontyPython

GOOD!

(I still maintain the same position I laid out in my thread in "Society & Culture": There is no legitimate or logical reason for even the peaceful protests. The officer has been arrested. His three "accomplices" have also been arrested. They are going to trial. Unless the DA really blows it with a hasty or sloppy case, all four will certainly see prison time. Nobody anywhere, on any "side" of anything, is defending those POS cops. Etc etc etc. The "protesters" really should allow justice to run its course and THEN, if justice DOES actually fail, THEN protest the injustice. Right now nobody has any way of knowing how it will go in court, therefore any protesting is premature and unjustified.)

However - That said - Hooray for these people: The ones actually, physically, stopping the burning/smashing/looting. They have my full respect.

:yes:

kestrel
7 hours ago, MontyPython said:

GOOD!

(I still maintain the same position I laid out in my thread in "Society & Culture": There is no legitimate or logical reason for even the peaceful protests. The officer has been arrested. His three "accomplices" have also been arrested. They are going to trial. Unless the DA really blows it with a hasty or sloppy case, all four will certainly see prison time. Nobody anywhere, on any "side" of anything, is defending those POS cops. Etc etc etc. The "protesters" really should allow justice to run its course and THEN, if justice DOES actually fail, THEN protest the injustice. Right now nobody has any way of knowing how it will go in court, therefore any protesting is premature and unjustified.)

However - That said - Hooray for these people: The ones actually, physically, stopping the burning/smashing/looting. They have my full respect.

:yes:

I agree with the "Due Process" angle of your piece Monty..if we don't subscribe to the "rule of Law" we're gonna get the rule of anarchy and then a civil war..we don't want to go there if the system, The whole system still has a chance to work..and I believe it does. Good post.

Kestrel...

• Agree (+1) 1