Jump to content
To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Confessor

Major league sports and Hollywood supporting the lie of systemic inequality and police brutality

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Confessor

I will preface this by saying I believe that people should be able to support any (legal) cause they want, with money, words, and any legal action they choose that doesn’t interfere with other people’s rights.   It is one of the great things about living in a free society. 

On to the topic. The NFL has just announced they support kneeling during the national anthem.  The NBA is following suit from reports.  I support their right to do this, the same  way I supported their right to ban the practice. They are a private industry, and the players are their employees.  Michael Jordan has now become politically open, and is donating 100 million dollars to support organizations that are striving for equality. I support his right to do so. It is his money, he earned it, and if it is legal, he can spend it how he chooses. 

Now, on to the point. I believe that every person in this country that disagrees with their stance that there is systemic racism amongst police, and believes that the vast majority of racism is promulgated and sustained by politicians, Hollyweird, and race baiters to keep blacks subservient to them should boycott every sport, every athlete, every actor, every movie, and every business that is so eloquently virtue signaling and financially giving their support for a cause that has killed multiple police, multiple people of every background, and done billions of dollars of damage in the last week during these “peaceful protests”.  They are in essence rewarding behavior that is detrimental to all society.

If conservative people would make a stand, if they would show support through how they spend their money (particularly their entertainment dollars), they would stop 90 percent of the stupidity.  Let’s see the NFL, NBA, Hollywood, etc make their payroll, sustain their arenas, make their movies when people say enough is enough.  We are tired of your lies. We are tired of your anti-American tripe. We are TIRED of you putting black against white, rich against poor. 
 

 They won’t be able to make it.  They won’t have enough money and power to support lies generated by the left, by the race baiters, by those that suppress black America, and those that support class warfare to benefit themselves by sustaining the false belief that blacks are always victims, and that everyone should be the same in status. Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. 
 

In the end, not enough people will do this. They will pay to see the sports. They will buy Nike. They will make the movie companies richer. They will buy the merchandise and worship the athletes and actors. They will continue to encourage the lies and narrative of the left, because they are not willing to give up a guilty pleasure that they could live without to make the world a better place and a place where not just the rich and famous have a voice about what is happening. Just so you know, if you disagree with the current things going on, you support their continuance by supporting those that encourage such behavior, and have only yourselves to blame when this great experiment fails. 
 

 

 

  • Best Post (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

I especially liked this line: "Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free." VERY well said.

And I agree about boycotting. Trouble is, I haven't paid attention to movies & TV for years, as well as basketball and baseball. They all bore me spitless. So it's impossible to "stop doing" something I wasn't doing anyway. However, I DO love football. And even though I really miss watching it, I won't watch it anymore, as long as they're still spitting on the flag and the national anthem. They'll never get one more dime from me until they grow the F up and demonstrate serious sorrow for their despicable bullsh*t over the last couple of seasons.

<_< 

 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker

Roger Grovel’s NFL will see further collapse in ratings and revenues again this season, especially after the treatment and subsequent fold from Brees. Once the few good guys like Brees are muzzled, there’s little left to admire in the National Felons League. Same with the NBA. They’re poor men walking and just don’t know it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown

Exactly how intelligent does one need to be to play a child's game or to pretend for a living?

Why would anyone allow a total stranger whose only claim to fame is either playing a child's game or playing pretend for a living to influence their opinions and life choices?

And, may I point out, that both of these categories of people, athletes and entertainers, have coaches, directors, managers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg

When the kneeling started, I quit watching NFL and NBA, and my life’s been better with only hockey. And maybe the odd World Series game if I’m easily able to. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl either this year. 
 

We used to go to the movies a fair bit but haven’t been almost at all in the past several years. We aren’t watching stuff at home either, so it wasn’t just a venue shift, it was a turn off the spigot. I don’t feel like my life is deficient in any way. I recommend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
4 minutes ago, zurg said:

When the kneeling started, I quit watching NFL and NBA, and my life’s been better with only hockey. And maybe the odd World Series game if I’m easily able to. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl either this year. 
 

We used to go to the movies a fair bit but haven’t been almost at all in the past several years. We aren’t watching stuff at home either, so it wasn’t just a venue shift, it was a turn off the spigot. I don’t feel like my life is deficient in any way. I recommend it. 

I've expanded my vintage/old movie collection quite a lot over the past decade and while the acting and dialogue can sometimes seem a little campy, I find it a lot more interesting than the garbage churned out by the Calliope Crew from Tinsel Town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Specs
2 hours ago, Confessor said:

I will preface this by saying I believe that people should be able to support any (legal) cause they want, with money, words, and any legal action they choose that doesn’t interfere with other people’s rights.   It is one of the great things about living in a free society. 

On to the topic. The NFL has just announced they support kneeling during the national anthem.  The NBA is following suit from reports.  I support their right to do this, the same  way I supported their right to ban the practice. They are a private industry, and the players are their employees.  Michael Jordan has now become politically open, and is donating 100 million dollars to support organizations that are striving for equality. I support his right to do so. It is his money, he earned it, and if it is legal, he can spend it how he chooses. 

Now, on to the point. I believe that every person in this country that disagrees with their stance that there is systemic racism amongst police, and believes that the vast majority of racism is promulgated and sustained by politicians, Hollyweird, and race baiters to keep blacks subservient to them should boycott every sport, every athlete, every actor, every movie, and every business that is so eloquently virtue signaling and financially giving their support for a cause that has killed multiple police, multiple people of every background, and done billions of dollars of damage in the last week during these “peaceful protests”.  They are in essence rewarding behavior that is detrimental to all society.

If conservative people would make a stand, if they would show support through how they spend their money (particularly their entertainment dollars), they would stop 90 percent of the stupidity.  Let’s see the NFL, NBA, Hollywood, etc make their payroll, sustain their arenas, make their movies when people say enough is enough.  We are tired of your lies. We are tired of your anti-American tripe. We are TIRED of you putting black against white, rich against poor. 
 

 They won’t be able to make it.  They won’t have enough money and power to support lies generated by the left, by the race baiters, by those that suppress black America, and those that support class warfare to benefit themselves by sustaining the false belief that blacks are always victims, and that everyone should be the same in status. Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free. 
 

In the end, not enough people will do this. They will pay to see the sports. They will buy Nike. They will make the movie companies richer. They will buy the merchandise and worship the athletes and actors. They will continue to encourage the lies and narrative of the left, because they are not willing to give up a guilty pleasure that they could live without to make the world a better place and a place where not just the rich and famous have a voice about what is happening. Just so you know, if you disagree with the current things going on, you support their continuance by supporting those that encourage such behavior, and have only yourselves to blame when this great experiment fails. 
 

 

 

I agree with you in that not enough of us will do this. The truth is that we empower them to do bat&lt;censored&gt; crazy with supporting their sports (by watching the games even on TV, or listening to the Radio), we support them by buying the products that endorse them, we support them by going to the theaters, we support them by paying for subscriptions to services that provide them financial support. 

Unfortunately, most people do not seem to put two and two together and just want to live the life they see being portrayed in the media and political class. 

I have not been to the theater in I am not sure how long. I only pay for things that I know the family needs, or I need to make a living. If I have a choice I make the choice that has the least support to regressive demtards that hate conservative principles. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
53 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

I've expanded my vintage/old movie collection quite a lot over the past decade and while the acting and dialogue can sometimes seem a little campy, I find it a lot more interesting than the garbage churned out by the Calliope Crew from Tinsel Town

Yup, oldies but goodies.... I’d LIKE to be able to like the modern stuff but they have either too obviously impossible plots (the number of coincidences needed to pull off the next mission impossible is ridiculous, and I don’t mean the supposed skill of the agent, I mean the timing of everything) (also, I’m sick of how they can extract the minutest detail from a grainy photo by “image processing”, lol - once the detail is lost, it’s lost) OR they’re too graphic in the depiction of violence (it stops being frightening and starts being ridiculous). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gravelrash

I was going to give the NFL another chance but they blew it.

  • Agree (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dean Adam Smithee
1 hour ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

I've expanded my vintage/old movie collection quite a lot over the past decade and while the acting and dialogue can sometimes seem a little campy, I find it a lot more interesting than the garbage churned out by the Calliope Crew from Tinsel Town

(Bona-fidee AFI member, and I've got a card to show for it.)

Classic films are classic films BECAUSE of the dialogue. They relied on THAT rather than SFX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
Just now, Dean Adam Smithee said:

(Bona-fidee AFI member, and I've got a card to show for it.)

Classic films are classic films BECAUSE of the dialogue. They relied on THAT rather than SFX.

Not when their delivery is so rapid fire you feel like they're being paid to beat the clock...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dean Adam Smithee
2 minutes ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Not when their delivery is so rapid fire you feel like they're being paid to beat the clock...

That's what "rewind" is for.

Man, there are so many films that I've never really appreciated until 3rd or 4th time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
2 minutes ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

That's what "rewind" is for.

Man, there are so many films that I've never really appreciated until 3rd or 4th time.

Which is why I own and don't rent, I like to be able to watch movies and find new things to enjoy each time.

That, for me, is the sign of a great movie, when you can find new things to enjoy each time you watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noclevermoniker
1 hour ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

(Bona-fidee AFI member, and I've got a card to show for it.)

Classic films are classic films BECAUSE of the dialogue. They relied on THAT rather than SFX.

North by Northwest is one of the best ever. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ticked@TinselTown
1 hour ago, Noclevermoniker said:

North by Northwest is one of the best ever. 

I love Hitchcock.

To Catch a Thief and Rear Window have been watched more than a few times since I moved to my new place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zurg
3 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Which is why I own and don't rent, I like to be able to watch movies and find new things to enjoy each time.

That, for me, is the sign of a great movie, when you can find new things to enjoy each time you watch it.

Me too, I like having those DVDs and CDs. They’re small enough but not too small, and can be found quicker than amazon search and download. 
 

I’m opposed to the cloud. 

  • Agree (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedSoloCup

Why both (with the exception of some baseball and NASCAR) are completely shut out of my lifestyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MontyPython
13 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

I've expanded my vintage/old movie collection quite a lot over the past decade and while the acting and dialogue can sometimes seem a little campy, I find it a lot more interesting than the garbage churned out by the Calliope Crew from Tinsel Town

 

Yeah, I've got a HUGE collection of classic stuff, a collection I started way back in VHS days before DVD was even invented. I have so many classic movies, plus TV shows, plus music videos, etc, that I couldn't possibly list them all here. My VHS collection covers almost an entire wall, and that's not even including the several shelves of DVDs against another wall.

There's never a shortage of something good to watch at my house.

 

10 hours ago, Noclevermoniker said:

North by Northwest is one of the best ever. 

 

True. Naturally, I have it on video, LOL.

And hundreds more.

:2up:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Confessor
21 hours ago, MontyPython said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

I especially liked this line: "Free people are not equal. Equal people are not free." VERY well said.

And I agree about boycotting. Trouble is, I haven't paid attention to movies & TV for years, as well as basketball and baseball. They all bore me spitless. So it's impossible to "stop doing" something I wasn't doing anyway. However, I DO love football. And even though I really miss watching it, I won't watch it anymore, as long as they're still spitting on the flag and the national anthem. They'll never get one more dime from me until they grow the F up and demonstrate serious sorrow for their despicable bullsh*t over the last couple of seasons.

<_< 

 

Thanks. I can’t take credit for that truth. I read it somewhere some time back and hit me like a bomb.  Leftists want equal but not free. Equal citizens with our overlords in government, academia, sports, and Hollyweird being above us all. 

  • Agree (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...