To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
MTP Reggie

Megan Rapinoe, John Legend, Lizzo, More Celebs Sign Open Letter To Defund Police

Rate this topic

MTP Reggie

Megan Rapinoe, John Legend, Lizzo, More Celebs Sign Open Letter To Defund Police
By  Amanda Prestigiacomo
Jun 4th, 2020
DailyWire.com

<More lefty Stupidity Here>

AUSTIN, TEXAS - OCTOBER 24: Two-time World Cup Champion, and co-captain of the US Women’s National Team Megan Rapinoe speaks on stage during Texas Conference For Women 2019 at Austin Convention Center on October 24, 2019 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Marla Aufmuth/Getty Images for Texas Conference for Women 2019)Photo by Marla Aufmuth/Getty Images for Texas Conference for Women 2019
Wealthy celebrities like soccer star Megan Rapinoe, musicians John Legend and Lizzo, and left-wing activist and actress Jane Fonda have all signed an open letter demanding the “divestment from police.”

The letter was posted on DefendingBlackLives.org and titled, “A Letter to Demand Divestment from Police and an Investment in Black Communities.”

According to Rolling Stone, “The letter was released by activist Patrisse Cullors, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter and a founding member of the Movement 4 Black Lives, a coalition of more than 100 black-rights organizations.”

Black Lives Matter is a radical anti-cop activist group. Its members have chanted for dead officers, and a 2016 lawsuit from the father of a slain Dallas officer accused the activist group of inciting the “war on police” that led to his son’s death.

“Black communities across the nation are mourning the deaths of George Floyd, tortured to death by Minneapolis police, Ahmaud Arbery, a jogger who was killed while running in a residential neighborhood in Brunswick, Georgia, Breonna Taylor an EMT killed while asleep in her bed in Louisville, KY, Dreasjon Reed in Indianapolis and Tony McDade in Tallahassee,” the letter starts. “Their names are added to a devastatingly long list of Black people who have been killed at the hands of vigilantes or law enforcement. Not to mention the others whose names we don’t yet know, and may never know since they were killed without a camera recording it.”

“The COVID-19 deaths and the deaths caused by police terror are connected and consequential to each other. The United States does not have a national healthcare system,” the open letter continues, though many nations with nationalized health care faired far worse with COVID than the U.S.

“Instead, we have the largest military budget in the world, and some of the most well-funded and militarized police departments in the world, too. Policing and militarization overwhelmingly dominate the bulk of national and local budgets,” the letter states.

The activists then claim “Black communities are living in persistent fear of being killed by state authorities like police, immigration agents or even white vigilantes who are emboldened by state actors.”

“Despite continued profiling, harassment, terror and killing of Black communities, local and federal decision-makers continue to invest in the police, which leaves Black people vulnerable and our communities no safer,” the letter states.

Instead, the activists argue, the money should “go towards building healthy communities, to the health of our elders and children, to neighborhood infrastructure, to education, to childcare, to support a vibrant Black future.”

“We join in solidarity with the freedom fighters in Minneapolis, Louisville, and across the United States,” the letter adds. “And we call for the end to police terror.”

(snip)

<More lefty Stupidity Here>

gravelrash

“The COVID-19 deaths and the deaths caused by police terror are connected and consequential to each other. The United States does not have a national healthcare system,”

I agree with the first sentence not the second.  The overreaction to Wuhan flu cost tens of millions of jobs.  Instead of being idle and bored, blacks were making record improvements in employment and income.  If it weren't for Wuhan flu, they would be working instead of rioting.  Then again, if Wuhan flu had not come along, the Democrats would have invented it because orangemanbad.

The lack of a national healthcare system is not the problem.  Quite the opposite.  It is a solution looking for a problem.  The goal is not improving quality of life.  It is picking winners and losers.  For someone as accomplished in competition, I would think that Megan Rapinoe would recognize this.  Perhaps she does but is okay with it because she's a Leftist.

Think I will skip the NWSL Challenge Cup even though Megan Rapinoe is not playing. Great soccer player; colossal bitch.  However, the tournament will still be a run-on virtue signal without her.

greggor

We should be grateful that we live in a country that openly allows the most vocal..   to share their short-sighted,  ignorant and narrow-minded ideas..

right??

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Agree (+1) 1

oki
2 hours ago, Noclevermoniker said:

Also defund private security. I mean, fair, right?

But but but then the wealthy and elite would actually have to worry about being victims like the everyone else.  Funny how these same idiots will scream about 'privilege' but refuse to acknowledge they are afforded lifestyle and things not available to the average person.  IE private security or at least those guarding their homes. 

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

Reminds me of the same idiots who made the video saying the Pledge of allegiance to Obama...

I wonder if they have an inkling of what society would be like sans police...

• Agree (+1) 1

RedSoloCup
22 hours ago, Noclevermoniker said:

19 hours ago, oki said:

But but but then the wealthy and elite would actually have to worry about being victims like the everyone else.  Funny how these same idiots will scream about 'privilege' but refuse to acknowledge they are afforded lifestyle and things not available to the average person.  IE private security or at least those guarding their homes. 

19 hours ago, Ticked@TinselTown said:

Reminds me of the same idiots who made the video saying the Pledge of allegiance to Obama...

I wonder if they have an inkling of what society would be like sans police...

:exactly:

RedSoloCup
22 hours ago, Noclevermoniker said:

Yes. Definitely.