Sen. Josh Hawley: The Left Wants A Civil War

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

https://thefederalist.com/

By Josh Hawley

JUNE 12, 2020

Article:

We’ve got a lot of problems in America today. A pandemic. A recession. A surge of violence in our major cities drowning out a nationwide call for justice and hope.

We have work to do in this body and in this city to solve these problems and to heed that call. And our voters sent us here to make things better. To rebuild. To heal.

But that’s not what we’re doing.

No, for the last several weeks, my colleagues on the other side of the aisle, and their allies in the media, and some professional political activists on a payroll, have been trying to divide us against each other, to paralyze us, to stoke resentment of our fellow citizens and hatred of this nation that we all call home.

It’s really remarkable, if you think about, that just a few short weeks ago we were united in outrage at the murder of George Floyd. We were united in impatience for justice for his family.

And nothing has changed about that. All people of good will still want justice to be done. I do. But the call of the marchers has been weaponized by partisans, who want nothing more than to say that only some Americans really support equal justice under the law. Only some institutions of government are really committed to that cause. Only one party can be trusted to govern in good faith. Only one political coalition is righteous enough to rule over the other.

You don’t hear talk of unity watching MSNBC or reading the New York Times these days. Instead those outlets are drawing up a list of new villains.

Not Floyd’s killer. No, not him. We’re way past George Floyd now, I guess. Now we’re talking about new grievances — “structural” evils endemic to America itself. The police. The military. The flag. Oh, and of course, the president.

It’s always about the president.

Actually what it’s really about are the president’s voters. It’s about the people who elected him. It’s about the red states, like mine. It’s about the people who live there. The elite media, the woke mob, they don’t like these people. And they want the rest of America to dislike them too.

This is why they are telling us that it wasn’t a homicidal cop who killed George Floyd. No, his death now is the product of “systemic racism,” we’re told, and anyone who doesn’t acknowledge their role in his death — anyone who doesn’t bend their knee to this extreme ideology — is complicit in violence.

It’s not enough, apparently, to bring Derek Chauvin to justice for his crimes. Now we have to defund all police.

There is no scab they will not pick at, no divide they will not exploit, no controversy they will not gin up to make us hate each other.

But we cannot take their bait.

In the last weeks we’ve seen a professor put on leave for quoting the words of Martin Luther King Jr. Not woke enough.

We’ve seen the New York Times fire its opinion page editor for daring to publish the words of a Republican senator. He forgot the party line.

We’ve seen a literal insurrection in the streets of Seattle — a breakaway antifa enclave ruled by a self-described “warlord,” you cannot make this stuff up — lauded, now, in some quarters at least, as an experiment in post-police governance.

And we’ve had a bill introduced in the House to bring that experiment in chaos to our cities and towns all across the country and to demonize the fine men and women who put their lives on the line day and night to protect protesters’ right to demand justice.

Now, the madness is accelerating this month, but the radical left has been at this for a while.

The New York Times won a Pulitzer Prize for the 1619 Project, a propaganda campaign designed to recast America’s founding as an evil event and American democracy as a system of violent racial oppression.

It won that prize despite wide criticism by historians who objected to its historical revisionism. And now, with the Pulitzer seal of approval, the Times is developing a 1619 grade school curriculum so that our children will be indoctrinated to hate this country, at taxpayer expense.

They want to do to our public schools what they’ve already done to the universities.

What does any of this have to do with healing our nation? What does it have to do with bringing about that more perfect union whose achievement is our shared ambition and shared obligation as Americans? The answer is, “nothing.” And that’s the point.

As has been widely reported, this week one of my Senate colleagues introduced a measure to strip all military installations and bases in this country of reference to Confederate soldiers or Confederate history. And for what purpose? To achieve justice for George Floyd? To bring our nation together?

No, I don’t think so. The purpose was to erase from history every person and name and event not righteous enough, and to cast those who would object as defenders of the cause of slavery, to reenact in our current politics that Civil War that tore brother against brother and divided this nation against itself.

You’d think the way some in the media talk about this country that they’re sad we’re still not fighting the Civil War. They would like us to fight a new civil war in our culture, day and night, without end.

Full Story

• Agree (+1) 3

RedSoloCup

When did they NEVER?

• Agree (+1) 2

Ticked@TinselTown

They've just lifted the ban on making it so obvious...  SSDD.

• Agree (+1) 2

Rock N' Roll Right Winger
1 hour ago, Holland25 said:

I am so outraged about the destruction and removal of confederate statues, flags, etc. My family fought that war and sorry Dennis Prager (who I think is great) WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY. Slavery was an issue at the times but few people were abolitionist. I hate the stupid SOB's that are destroying our history. I belong to the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Sons of the American Revolution. The South was discriminated against by the North since the earliest days of our nation. The North had the money, power, and population including representatives to abuse the South which felt that it more closely followed the principals of the founding fathers. The South was forced to defend itself against a huge army of invading terrorist from the North in 1861. The idea that the North was anti-slavery was totally wrong.The only interest they had in abolishing slavery was to cripple the Southern economy. They could give a s**t about slaves or slavery and  many in the North owned slaves General Grant and Sherman for instance. God it is maddening. We need an armed revolution to take bake this country. It is confederate statues today and tomorrow it will be any statues of white people.

:clap: :welldone: :exactly:

Severian
2 hours ago, Holland25 said:

I am so outraged about the destruction and removal of confederate statues, flags, etc. My family fought that war and sorry Dennis Prager (who I think is great) WAS NOT ABOUT SLAVERY. Slavery was an issue at the times but few people were abolitionist. I hate the stupid SOB's that are destroying our history. I belong to the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Sons of the American Revolution. The South was discriminated against by the North since the earliest days of our nation. The North had the money, power, and population including representatives to abuse the South which felt that it more closely followed the principals of the founding fathers. The South was forced to defend itself against a huge army of invading terrorist from the North in 1861. The idea that the North was anti-slavery was totally wrong.The only interest they had in abolishing slavery was to cripple the Southern economy. They could give a s**t about slaves or slavery and  many in the North owned slaves General Grant and Sherman for instance. God it is maddening. We need an armed revolution to take bake this country. It is confederate statues today and tomorrow it will be any statues of white people.

Bravo.

Dean Adam Smithee
7 hours ago, pepperonikkid said:

Correction: The left THINKS they want a Civil War. But they don't have the SLIGHTEST 'fricken clue how badly it would go for them if if came to that. Not a 'fricken clue. The word 'extermination' comes to mind.

• Agree (+1) 3

Engineer Bill

They all ways seem to forget that most of the food supply is from the red states aka the bread basket and most of the military bases are now in the south which is red states too.  Most solders are from the southern states which are red too.

• Agree (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Dean Adam Smithee said:

Correction: The left THINKS they want a Civil War. But they don't have the SLIGHTEST 'fricken clue how badly it would go for them if if came to that. Not a 'fricken clue. The word 'extermination' comes to mind.

I prefer the word "annihilation". :yes:

It may well come down to it.

Conservatives have been quietly arming up ever since the Obamunist had infested the white house.

• Agree (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Engineer Bill said:

They all ways seem to forget that most of the food supply is from the red states aka the bread basket and most of the military bases are now in the south which is red states too.  Most solders are from the southern states which are red too.

This time it's the south that has most of the manufacturing industries because the lazy unions and democrap politicians in the north drove them all away with their expensive low production rates and stifling taxes and regulations.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger
  • Agree (+1) 1

PaleoPatriot

They may think they want a war and I will gladly oblige.  Soro's and his open society are behind this with a bunch of weed smokin kids as an army.  Good luck.  We in the Heartland and not going to sit down quietly and let some skinny white kid holding a black lives matter sign take our stuff.  These kids have learned nothing in the public schools except whitey is the problem and orange man bad.  They need to listen to Hank Williams Jr.'s " A country boy can survive".  If after that they still want a civil war, well come on up, you're welcome to try and take my stuff.

• Agree (+1) 2

PaleoPatriot

They may think they want a war and I will gladly oblige.  Soro's and his open society are behind this with a bunch of weed smokin kids as an army.  Good luck.  We in the Heartland and not going to sit down quietly and let some skinny white kid holding a black lives matter sign take our stuff.  These kids have learned nothing in the public schools except whitey is the problem and orange man bad.  They need to listen to Hank Williams Jr.'s " A country boy can survive".  If after that they still want a civil war, well come on up, you're welcome to try and take my stuff.

rustinone
1 hour ago, Rock N' Roll Right Winger said:

I prefer the word "annihilation".

OOOOOOOO I know! - Decimated!  🤣 😝

• Agree (+1) 1

zurg

Let’s see.... the red states have the best food, guns and women. We set. 

SARGE
29 minutes ago, rustinone said:

OOOOOOOO I know! - Decimated!  🤣 😝

Technically 'decimate' means eliminating one in ten.

Not nearly enough

rustinone
5 minutes ago, SARGE said:

Technically 'decimate' means eliminating one in ten.

Not nearly enough

Hence the smileys! 😉

Joe the Pagan

Could you image the letters from the front from the left.

Dear Parent 1

Thank you for the box of cookies.  They were taken by the Committee for Redistribution before I could have any.   I don't know when they will distribute them.  I did notice the  Committee for Redistribution coming out of their tent wiping cookie crumbs off their shirts.    I was so upset  I tried to go to the therapy dog Lucky.   I was told he was missing. 

As I told you in my last  Committee for Nutrition has announced we will going vegan.  As eating meat as it part of the patriarchy.   We pooled some of our money together to try to order a pizza, but the guards at the main gate liberated it.  I did manage to buy a burger with the last few dollars I had.  The meat tasted funny and I bit down on something hard.  It looked just like the microchip the veterinarian put our chihuahua Che last year.  

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Joe the Pagan said:

Could you image the letters from the front from the left.

Dear Parent 1

Thank you for the box of cookies.  They were taken by the Committee for Redistribution before I could have any.   I don't know when they will distribute them.  I did notice the  Committee for Redistribution coming out of their tent wiping cookie crumbs off their shirts.    I was so upset  I tried to go to the therapy dog Lucky.   I was told he was missing. 

As I told you in my last  Committee for Nutrition has announced we will going vegan.  As eating meat as it part of the patriarchy.   We pooled some of our money together to try to order a pizza, but the guards at the main gate liberated it.  I did manage to buy a burger with the last few dollars I had.  The meat tasted funny and I bit down on something hard.  It looked just like the microchip the veterinarian put our chihuahua Che last year.  

Reminds me of this movie clip:

Holland25
On 6/12/2020 at 9:36 PM, Dean Adam Smithee said:

That is true. It is hard to imagine but everyday it is getting easier. These cowardly groups of punks think their bad assess because the police just stand there. If it was a militia of private citizens they would just shoot to kill. No prisoners. You know it reminds me in a way about the very unfortunate treatment of the Indians. Of course the Indians had a right to the land even though the early settlers felt that God intended the land to be theirs . So when they spread out often they were murdered . Society at the time had to do something to protect settlers and unfortunately were forced to kill them or round them up and move them westward. I am sympathetic. I had a Cherokee grandmother. But the point I am trying to make is  if you attack us and seek to destroy our quality of life you are asking for a final solution. The police are currently there to protect YOU and us, but you need them more because if we were forced to defend ourselves it would be a slaughter. I pray to God it never comes to this but it is moving that way.